• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEO0MJ

Felt this should hang out in two threads. My recently completed kit of The O. Just magnificent.

7007245937_fe494b0e83_c.jpg

6861135498_3d6a9df58a_c.jpg

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I have a question that's not fully related to figure models...But has anyone ever ordered anything from plamoya.com? I'm looking to buy some stuff off there, and I know people buy these figure models from all over the internet. I guess they have a decent selection, and I'm looking for a possible coupon code for them. Anyone have anything? I'm trying to order nanoblocks that are only available in Japan, and plamoya is one of the few sites I found that offers them at a reasonable price. :)

johnsmith

remember me
I just ordered from them a few weeks ago and got my stuff yesterday. Got my stuff by SAL after 15 days. No complaints from me. They have some great deals sometimes. I'll pm you a 5% off code I got.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I just ordered from them a few weeks ago and got my stuff yesterday. Got my stuff by SAL after 15 days. No complaints from me. They have some great deals sometimes. I'll pm you a 5% off code I got.

Got and used the code you sent me. I really appreciate it! Hopefully my transaction and shipping speed are worth recommending the site as well. :)

Deeku

On my previous problem, reading multiple reviews about Toy'sWorks trading figures. It seems that all usually come in a boxed order. My hope rises a little...I guess I'll know for sure come late June.
I'm pretty sure buying the box means you get the complete set. I've bought nendo puchi box sets in the past and got everything, this is most likely a similar thing.

I'm still a bit hesitant to preorder the nichijou set, mainly because I'm unsure about the quality. I'd rather wait and hope for some nichijou nendoroids.

SUPARSTARX

Got S.H.Figuarts SSJ3 Goku and Vegeta. Heh... couldn't resist the SSJ3!

I use unregistered SAL also, usually gets here in about three weeks, no problem.

Ultimadrago

I'm still a bit hesitant to preorder the nichijou set, mainly because I'm unsure about the quality. I'd rather wait and hope for some nichijou nendoroids.

Also a very understandable decision. I'm no hardcore figure collector, but the arms from what I've seen in the screens are loose/not completely stable on some. This of course could be just shots of faulty items, but you're right to be skeptical. (I would be but...my resolve is WEAK! :p ) And there is a Nichijou Nendroid coming out in fact, a Prof. Hakase w/Sakomoto, like RoboKitty stated.

Only a preview sketch thus far however.

Got S.H.Figuarts SSJ3 Goku and Vegeta. Heh... couldn't resist the SSJ3!

I use unregistered SAL also, usually gets here in about three weeks, no problem.

*sees figures* Ooooooh. I love how the hair's done on the Goku.
And unregistered for you also?
Cool. Going to change my shipping for the item I got, now that I've gotten some input on unregistered reliability.

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose

I got my Madoka figure using unregistered Sal in about a week from amiami.

Which Nendo figure are you guys talking about?

Ultimadrago

Which Nendo figure are you guys talking about?

And there is a Nichijou Nendroid coming out in fact, a Prof. Hakase w/Sakomoto, like RoboKitty stated.

I don't even know which convention this was staged at unfortunately, but it's to my understanding that it is a sign pointing to a future Hakase Nendo from Good Smile to come later on (maybe this year, perhaps).

Deeku

Also a very understandable decision. I'm no hardcore figure collector, but the arms from what I've seen in the screens are loose/not completely stable on some. This of course could be just shots of faulty items, but you're right to be skeptical. (I would be but...my resolve is WEAK! :p ) And there is a Nichijou Nendroid coming out in fact, a Prof. Hakase w/Sakomoto, like RoboKitty stated.

:O

I had no idea! Guess that means I won't be needing that boxset of mini figures then. Also, I'm only worried about the quality of the boxset because I've never bought anything from that maker. I'm sure it's fine though, they look cute enough which is the most important thing^_^

Vox-Pop said:
Whoa that's pretty good! I'm actually testing amiami unregistered Sal with my Ayase nendo that shipped a day or two ago. I've always been an ems user but it really adds up once you start buying more stuff. Hopefully it gets to me in one piece!

hayejin

Freaking BBTS told me off rudely when I asked for ETA on metal gear Kai figures I preordered.

Can anyone tell me the cheapest place to get the snake and grey fox figures?
Thanks

Giolon

My Aigis finally arrived!

(Click for full-res)

I think I'm in love!

In other news, Kotobukiya posted the finished artwork for the Power Girl Bishoujo:
Power_Girl_Illust.jpg

HNNNNNNNG. If this doesn't turn out amazing, I'm going to be extremely disappointed.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Question for you all - does this thread also encompass non-figure models (such as kits)? I was thinking of grabbing a Gundam kit at the hobby shop, but I wanted to see if there were any "experienced" builders in this thread first. I have a few questions about it and figured I'd check before sending cash money.

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
Question for you all - does this thread also encompass non-figure models (such as kits)? I was thinking of grabbing a Gundam kit at the hobby shop, but I wanted to see if there were any "experienced" builders in this thread first. I have a few questions about it and figured I'd check before sending cash money.

You can also check out the Gundam OT.

NEO0MJ

Won't say I'm the most experienced kit builder, but I know more than enough to answer most questions. Fire away!

Spike

I use both Hobby Search and Hobby Link Japan frequently and i can say the service is pretty good for both. Shipping is a bit slow since i use SAL but i dont have to pay custom fees (for canada)

Do you use registered or unregistered SAL?

I'm interested in importing my first figure from Japan, and I just want this to go smoothly. I was looking at AmiAmi, but I was worried about shipping costs and then custom fees.

Edit: I am looking at that Samus Figma. But, AmiAmi says 'For Sale in Japan Only." So, I guess that means that I'm SOL on buying it from there?

Giolon

Do you use registered or unregistered SAL?

I'm interested in importing my first figure from Japan, and I just want this to go smoothly. I was looking at AmiAmi, but I was worried about shipping costs and then custom fees.

Edit: I am looking at that Samus Figma. But, AmiAmi says 'For Sale in Japan Only." So, I guess that means that I'm SOL on buying it from there?

Nope, you should be able to buy it anyway. :) I normally go registered when the price difference is minimal. I like the added peace of mind of being able to see my package make it through postal checkpoints rather than just mentally trying to do the calculations of how long it should take. If something goes wrong, its always helpful to have a tracking number.

Also, AmiAmi is my favorite online shop. They've never done me wrong. My Aigis up there came from AmiAmi!

Spike

Nope, you should be able to buy it anyway. :) I normally go registered when the price difference is minimal. I like the added piece of mind of being able to see my package make it through postal checkpoints rather than just mentally trying to do the calculations of how long it should take. If something goes wrong,nuts always helpfulntonhave a tracking number.

Also, AmiAmi is my favorite online shop. They've never done me wrong. My Aigis up there came from AmiAmi!

Thanks for the help.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Got the Kotobukiya Marvel Bishoujo Elektra figure today. I think this was supposed to come out in fall 2011...huge delay.

kvgYbl.jpg

PK4bgl.jpg

DCTY4l.jpg

SUPARSTARX

Pics! The quality is not bad, but I feel the worst one is Yu & Izanagi, which is the Prize A figure. Meanwhile Chie and Yukiko, Prize B and C, are better in quality. Perhaps it's due to that the color is boring as hell on Yu & Izanagi, but I felt they could've done a better job.

7030692977_8ed8482087_c.jpg

7030693105_7cbe9c9ba6_c.jpg

7030692847_0ff246f219_c.jpg

7030692187_c17c0431e7_c.jpg

7030692071_4d6b80e388_c.jpg

6884592910_94e137c2a9_c.jpg

7030691863_cc08178c8d_c.jpg

6884592464_ca4aebb09b_c.jpg

6884592184_026d433619_c.jpg

7030691151_7b06c8d326_c.jpg

6884591602_4be2287c3e_c.jpg

7030690563_068b6f43c6_c.jpg

6884591252_c5e9a5e877_c.jpg

7030690209_47bebe5389_c.jpg

6884590734_46549bf168_c.jpg

6884590566_0d7f2bf3c9_c.jpg

7030688855_e5f1ee55ba_c.jpg

johnsmith

remember me
I'll be honest. I don't really like those figures. The quality is pretty bad for the price. I'd love a quality Chie pvc figure, but even the figma seems to be a big step above that one. And I really hope Alter rereleases Yukiko.

SUPARSTARX

I'll be honest. I don't really like those figures. The quality is pretty bad for the price. I'd love a quality Chie pvc figure, but even the figma seems to be a big step above that one. And I really hope Alter rereleases Yukiko.

Yeah, these are not up to the quality of my other Banpresto Prize stuff like the Dragon Ball Kai statues.

fatty

Need some help and I figured the folks in this thread would be best to ask. I have quite a few of the small Transformers G1 Robot Heroes (I think the whole set). Instead of just displaying them on a shelf I want to put scenery around them to add more life to the display.

Thought about adding stuff from a miniature train model set but that seems too realistic compared to the look of the Transformers. Then came across Playmobil stuff but that is too kiddy (don't like to use that but can't think of a better word).

Anyone have any recommendations on something maybe in between that I can use? I have no idea on what kind of search words I should even be using when looking. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

SUPARSTARX

Need some help and I figured the folks in this thread would be best to ask. I have quite a few of the small Transformers G1 Robot Heroes (I think the whole set). Instead of just displaying them on a shelf I want to put scenery around them to add more life to the display.

Thought about adding stuff from a miniature train model set but that seems too realistic compared to the look of the Transformers. Then came across Playmobil stuff but that is too kiddy (don't like to use that but can't think of a better word).

Anyone have any recommendations on something maybe in between that I can use? I have no idea on what kind of search words I should even be using when looking. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

A diorama of some sort?

Solune

Hmm I think I screwed myself over. Went to order

da1cf2bae932359a4b3ca786ad545259.jpg

Seems to be out of stock at the usual suspects like P/A , CDJapan and AmiAmi. Any other suggestions where I would be able to put in a pre-order?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom