• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

SUPARSTARX

Sooooooo many egos being thrown out over night..

Hot Toys announces DX10, a Terminator 2 T-800 project.
901.jpg

902.jpg

906.jpg

908.jpg

909.jpg

911.jpg

Hot on the heels of the Hot Toys announcement, Enterbay releases a little teaser for their next 1/4 line up for the Terminator 2 series, a battle damaged T-800 following up their recent very successful 1/4 T-800..
69464edejw1drmlzawusxj.jpg

69464edegw1drmjmngejzj.jpg

And then kaboom! Hot Toys announces their first 1/4 release, another Terminator, but it's the noir version since I guess Enterbay may or may not have exclusive rights to make 1/4 T2 related figures.
HotToys-TheTerminator-T800Teaser.jpg

HotToys-TheTerminator-T800Backstage.jpg

Pachimari

Alright thanks, I'll go for the cheap one then. I'm totally into Tekken!

EDIT:
Just ordered my first figure ever! (actually I bought one MGS4 figure before but sold it afterward for nothing).

Pachimari

Kotobukiya revealed their Asuka Kazama Bishoujo figure today!

HYMUIl.jpg

mRF7pl.jpg

qXg9hl.jpg

6byH9l.jpg

HH0d1l.jpg

Won't Amazon US/UK have the Alisa Boskonovitch model in stock (on pre-order) ?

EYEL1NER

Damn! I've never cared so much about the characters of Tekken, as opposed the the Capcom fighter or Soul Calibur or DoA characters.
But between Christie and that Asuka, Kotobukiya Is on fire. I'm glad the Bishoujo line isn't just comic heroines now. In excited to see what they do after they wrap up their Tekken stuff.

Hmm I think I screwed myself over. Went to order

Seems to be out of stock at the usual suspects like P/A , CDJapan and AmiAmi. Any other suggestions where I would be able to put in a pre-order?
http://www.hobbyfan.com/product_inf...ed+Cuirassier+PVC+Figure+-+Good+Smile+Company

Hobbyfan is legit and considering how big Saber's box will probably be(which means really expensive shipping) the price isnt all that bad imo.

I'm so broke, havent got a figure since Dizzy back in December. If I dont find a job soon I'm gonna miss out on so much. Still need the Christie bishoujo, Catherine, Naoe form Hyakka Ryouran, Nami and Zoro Sailing Again P.O.P.s and more.

Asuka is a must get as are all the Tekken ladies.

I really hope more Eiyuu Senki figures are coming, that game has some amazing designs. Personally hoping for a Kublai Khan figure.
c703287charab13.jpg

Pachimari

If I pre-order a Tekken Bishoujo figure (Alisa Bosconovitch) from Play-Asia who sells the Japanese version, are there any differences between Japanese and American/European versions? It's only the box that has Japanese text then correct?

johnsmith

remember me
Do you live in the US? If you do, just wait for them to get released domestically. You'll be able to get them for a lot cheaper. All the bishoujo figures are easily available in the US for around $50. For example, the Christie figure is only $53. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005JG1LPS/?tag=neogaf0e-20
Hell, even ordering from a Japanese site would be cheaper, maybe $76 shipped.
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-MOE-5036

Either way, don't buy from play-asia. Their markups are ridiculous. They should only be used as a last resort when every other place is sold out, and bishoujo figures seem to have huge runs. They don't sell out for a long time. I've never heard there being any difference in figures released in different regions except for minor packaging things, like the stickers on Portrait of Pirates figures.

Pachimari

Ah crap, just pre-ordered at Play-Asia.

So we are sure the Alisa Bosconovitch figure also comes to America (Amazon) ?
Because I ordered the Christie one on Amazon.com, but they don't have the Alisa one up for pre-order.

I'll cancel my Alisa pre-order.

johnsmith

remember me
Yeah, it'll be released in the US for sure. Usually a month after the Japanese release. It won't show up on Amazon until they're actually shipping out. There's no preorders there in my experience. It's listed and can be preordered on kotobukiya's US site, but they charge MSRP, it'll be cheaper from other sellers.
http://store.kotous.com/tekken-tag-tournament-2-alisa-bosconovich-bishoujo-statue.html

Some US based sites with preorders up
http://www.kirinhobby.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=4215
http://www.kidnemo.fm/product/en/15...isa+Bosconovitch+Bishoujo+1+7+PVC+Figure.html
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=KOT10849&mode=retail

Pachimari

Yeah, it'll be released in the US for sure. Usually a month after the Japanese release. It won't show up on Amazon until they're actually shipping out. There's no preorders there in my experience. It's listed and can be preordered on kotobukiya's US site, but they charge MSRP, it'll be cheaper from other sellers.
http://store.kotous.com/tekken-tag-tournament-2-alisa-bosconovich-bishoujo-statue.html

Some US based sites with preorders up
http://www.kirinhobby.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=4215
http://www.kidnemo.fm/product/en/15...isa+Bosconovitch+Bishoujo+1+7+PVC+Figure.html
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=KOT10849&mode=retail

Wow, you're a big help, thanks!
I just cancelled my Play-Asia order and pre-ordered Alisa Bosconovitch at BidBadToyStore instead. I just picked Standard (instead of Collector), I guess the main difference between the two is, that the Collector has to be in the package, while I can take it out with Standard.

I'll order the Yoshimitsu one by Kotobukiya and Metal Gear Rex if I get the job next week! You guys should have never made this thread, see what you have done to me.

SUPARSTARX

Got lotsa damage coming in this year for me.

Hot Toys:
1/6 Batman 1989 Joker DX08
1/6 Avengers Hawkeye
1/6 Avengers Nick Fury
1/6 Avengers Captain America
1/6 TDKR Bane
1/6 TDKR Batman
1/6 TDKR Catwoman
TDK Tumbler

Enterbay:
1/4 Joker
1/4 TDK
1/4 T2 T-800
1/4 Rocky III (If it looks good, I'm down for having the Italian Stallion in my collection)

S.H.Figuarts ZERO (One Piece)
Kuma & Gecko Moria, then I'll finish all the warlords in this format. Came in late collecting one piece stuff so I didn't want to hunt down POP's for them.

MegaHouse POP
Shirahoshi, picked up two, gonna sell one off. Dat gold sticker!

Kotobukiya
Alisa on preorder
Asuka's a must buy!
Yu Yu Hakusho Hiei and Kurama

Forgot who made the Zero Suit Samus statue, but that's on preorder too. :3

johnsmith

remember me
Wow, you're a big help, thanks!
I'll order the Yoshimitsu one by Kotobukiya and Metal Gear Rex if I get the job next week! You guys should have never made this thread, see what you have done to me.

Once you buy one, it's a slippery slope. This is a super addicting hobby. I just started at the beginning of the year and I already have 8 of them.

Pachimari

Wait until you see the Street Fighter bishoujo line.

I want a Dead or Alive one. But I'm actually only into Tekken of the fighting games.
But I really have to stop at the Tekken line, as I got to move into my own apartment soon. :)

Actually, some of the Street Fighter girls would be interesting in the Bishoujo series.

EYEL1NER

Wait until you see the Street Fighter bishoujo line.
Oh god...I don't even want to imagine those yet. I hope they are still a while away, so I can secure employment. Chun Li and Cammy? And hopefully Sakura to follow those two up?
Can't wait to see them.

And if they decide to make a Morrigan from Darkstalkers (finally, a cheap Morrigan!)?
1323545119987.jpg

SUPARSTARX

They still have Xiaoyu, Jaycee and Lili to show. I hope they do a Nina bishoujo statue.

I'm not sure what to expect from the SF line. Chun Li, Cammy, and I guess Sakura is a given. Maybe Rose, Juri, and perhaps Ibuki.

Pachimari

I think they should finish up the Tekken line. There's still a few more girls they can do, like Jun Kazama, Zafina, Nina, Anna and Leo (probably not).

Giolon

They still have Xiaoyu, Jaycee and Lili to show. I hope they do a Nina bishoujo statue.

I'm not sure what to expect from the SF line. Chun Li, Cammy, and I guess Sakura is a given. Maybe Rose, Juri, and perhaps Ibuki.

I would do immoral things for an amazing Juri Bishoujo.

Kotobukiya is still planning to do a line of the male Tekken characters too, correct? I might have to get in on that. It's about time figure makers started producing a beefcake line.

EYEL1NER

Damn. When I get a job, I want to get the Revoltech Sengoku Basara Yukimura Sanada and Masamune Date. But the Date is so much more expensive than the other Basara characters. I wish I has the money earlier to get the auction I saw on eBay. It was the both of them, used, for about $90 shipped from Canada. That would have been a steal.

Eventually I will pick them up. Since there are no cool Dynasty/Samurai Warriors figures, I need the Sengoku figures. I've got the itch to have a Date and Sanada after playing Warriors Orochi 3. It doesn't hurt that the Sengoku Basara Date is a million times cooler than the Koei Warriors Date either.

EYEL1NER

I finally got my stuff in from Prague. The Mai Shiranui...is a fake. The quality on it is turrible, just god-awful. Absolutely atrocious build quality. I started having my suspicions that it would be. But I paid $16.25 including shipping, so I'm not bummed out. I was dumb enough to think I was getting the deal of the century on eBay, but whatevs. The red ball is broken in half along a seam and her fan broke as well in transit (I'm actually holding it up with my fingernails at the edge of the picture). I'd send it back, but it would cost more than I paid probably. I think I am just going to ask the guy if he would be willing to refund me the cost of some super-glue.
I'm a tiny bit disappointed, but it is still a huge figure and sitting on the other side of my living room from, it won't look bad. It's made to just sit there, so I'm fine with it I guess.

The Kanu Unchou however...if it is a fake, it is the best fake I have ever seen. I am pretty sure it is legit, 100% sure. If it's not legit? Eh, I can't fuckin' tell.
It looks gorgeous and I still absolutely love the pose. I'm glad to be starting my collection off with it.

Sorry for the bad pics, but all I have is my iPhone right now. I'm no photographer by any means, so I don't know if I should have turned the flash off or not use overhead lighting, but here they are. It's also my first time using an image site (imgur), so hopefully that works out well too.

Shitty pics and one shitty figure, but I finally have posted a pic ITT of something I own now, instead of complaining about everything being so expensive, so I am a bit pleased.
And man, I absolutely love that Kanu figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom