• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

SUPARSTARX

Ready to preorder and add to my DC collection next to Poison Ivy and Batgirl.

47766142739719394334913.jpg

41112142739727061000813.jpg

45725342739716727668513.jpg

46748742739712727668913.jpg

Luigi87

Hmm, as much as I love Harley and was psyched for this figure, I dunno... I just think her face should be more powdered white. Right now she looks too much like a porcelain doll.

Giolon

Wow...I am really disappointed in this Bishoujo. Her face looks off. Don't like. The pose straddling the giant shaft is really tacky too.

My Bishoujo Poison Ivy will forever remain w/o her partner. :(

johnsmith

remember me
Painted versions of those Catherine figures they showed off a few months ago. Catherine looks terrible compared to the one I already have, but Katherine looks pretty good. Will probably pick her up.

0TEnY.jpg

Khgrn.jpg

Well, Kotobukya made a nice DMC4 Dante, but that's not my favorite outfit. I actually kinda want their Nero.

LMyFH.jpg

They also made a DMC3 Dante, but I don't like the sculpt at all.

NEO0MJ

Hmm, as much as I love Harley and was psyched for this figure, I dunno... I just think her face should be more powdered white. Right now she looks too much like a porcelain doll.

It's not just the lack of paint, the whole face looks wrong. Still, it looks better than new 52 Harley.

Luigi87

It's not just the lack of paint, the whole face looks wrong. Still, it looks better than new 52 Harley.

True. She looks way too pin-uppy. Her expression is way too damn subtle... She's the Joker's girlfriend, where is the gleeful psychotic emotion!

I also wasn't aware the changed her look for the New 52... Looking it up, I'm sad now...

johnsmith

remember me
Like the Yukiko figma. Just ordered it, but probably shouldn't have with the Megahouse version coming. That guilty crown figure is really nice too. Not familiar with the anime at all, but really like this figure.
n1Ow7.jpg

And I think Hobby Search's layout is much better for seeing new releases since it's grouped by date.

For those with the Hot Toys 1989 Batman figure, how is the cape? I got the Joker preordered and can get a big discount with a coupon for the Batman at local comic shop. The cape in various pictures looks wrinkled or of an odd material.

SUPARSTARX

For those with the Hot Toys 1989 Batman figure, how is the cape? I got the Joker preordered and can get a big discount with a coupon for the Batman at local comic shop. The cape in various pictures looks wrinkled or of an odd material.

It's made of soft leather and some cotton/nylon? It has thin wires along some of the seams and edges so you can pretty much pose it however you want. Out of the box it's folded properly so when you attach it onto the figure you're going to have to play around with it to your liking to achieve the right look. There's two plastic rods the figure can hold onto which pokes into the cape so you can do the bat wing spread pose.

6845793676_3b78c5ef39_c.jpg

6845793896_c9a4755449_c.jpg

Pachimari

Just got my first figure, Christie Monteiro from Kotobukiya.
She have 2 small scratches on her left foot so you can see the metal underneath the skin, but I'll live with it I guess.

It's a little loose from the base, is this normal? There's also a piece of plastic on her butt.

Should I exchange it? Or is it normal that there are small "errors" on figures?

You can kind of see it on the butt here:
ytmwsl.jpg

I'm trying to capture the 2 scratches on the foot but it's hard to focus in on it.

EDIT
Can't really capture the scratches clearly, but I guess it's just a minor error?

RwzPDl.jpg

nib95

Banned
Ok, I hope none of you guys will take offence to this, I mean none by it, I'm just genuinely curious. I appreciate the female physique as much as any next man, and I can see the value of keeping some of these more risque type figures, that basically are testosterone bolstered eye candy.

My question is, what do your other half's say about it all? If anything. I mean, I sort of relate having these kinky female figures to a more advanced and worthy version of keeping posters of hot chicks, but even then, wouldn't most female partners bat a bit of an eye brow raise to it? Just curious is all. What do you tell them when they ask?

Ok, I hope none of you guys will take offence to this, I mean none by it, I'm just genuinely curious. I appreciate the female physique as much as any next man, and I can see the value of keeping some of these more risque type figures, that basically are testosterone bolstered eye candy.

My question is, what do your other half's say about it all? If anything. I mean, I sort of relate having these kinky female figures to a more advanced and worthy version of keeping posters of hot chicks, but even then, wouldn't most female partners bat a bit of an eye brow raise to it? Just curious is all. What do you tell them when they ask?

The girls I know think they're cool. Even the more "risque" ones like the Sera Chan one. In fact one of my female friends thought that was her favourite due to how well the anatomy was done.

Regarding girlfriends, it has never been an issue. I'm a character artist, to them, it makes perfect sense.

Pachimari

Njah,
Infinity & Beyond who are the seller through Amazon just sent me a mail telling me, that I can return it to them in its original package. I just wonder if they'll send me a new one - I'm awaiting their reply.

EDIT
They say I'm getting a new figure. How do I return it? I have never returned anything to an online shop before, so this is a first.
Do I just put it in its original package and then in the box it came in, back to them?

I don't have to write down anything on the box? And I'll just tell the post office to send it back to them?

I have now returned it to Infinity & Beyond but I think it's weird that I have to pay for the shipment.. =/
It's kinda expensive.

EDIT
Woot, just pre-ordered the Kotobukiya Tekken Bishoujo figure of Asuka Kazama at BigBadToyStore. =)

And, Infinity & Beyond are paying for my shipment, fantastic.

SUPARSTARX

Single at the moment. But a lot of my stuff could be sold back out, namely the One Piece and Hot Toys stuff.

I probably can sell back out a lot of this stuff and make a bit of money off it if I decide to. As long as they don't start reissuing the same items. I mean the anime stuff could be hard to understand for SO's. I don't think iconic stuff like movie based figures or whatever could be really creepy looking.

nib95

Banned
Single at the moment. But a lot of my stuff could be sold back out, namely the One Piece and Hot Toys stuff.

I probably can sell back out a lot of this stuff and make a bit of money off it if I decide to. As long as they don't start reissuing the same items. I mean the anime stuff could be hard to understand for SO's. I don't think iconic stuff like movie based figures or whatever could be really creepy looking.

Does that mean you'd sell off the risque stuff before or during getting with a new partner, or would you wait and only do that if she said something?

Pachimari

I actually think you can see the scratches on her foot here:

gETiwl.jpg

But now that I think about it, I'm not sure it's scratches? Could have been drawn by a pensil, I don't know.

Figures aren't even an interest of mine, but I just want my new things to be okay from the start, and it's Tekken.. I love my Tekken.

I don't get shit for it but then again I have no significant other, lol

Pachimari

Beforehand I showed them to my now ex and she didn't like them, especially the boobs on the Tekken figures as she thought they were too big. She liked the Alisa one though, as she have pink hair duh. But in general I don't care if others like it or not, I keep them cause I like them. But I'm only buying Tekken figures anyway and not all kinda other figures.

gokieks

I just don't buy any figures that I would be ashamed to have a significant other (or really, anyone) see. There are plenty of classy high quality figures out there, and being more selective is a boon to my bank account too.

I personally think that you shouldn't get figures if you care about what other people think of them or you for that matter. There are worse things to be spending money on.

EYEL1NER

I have only just started buying figures. The ones I own have tits prominently featured and my wife doesn't really care. And when I showed her the Kotobukiya Christie so she could tell her sister to buy it for me in Japan, her only response was "Oh, I know why you want it, she's so sexy."

She cares more about how much they cost than what they look like. But there are other things for her to complain about more, like the shelf of ~270 Xbox 360 games, than a couple figures.

SUPARSTARX

Does that mean you'd sell off the risque stuff before or during getting with a new partner, or would you wait and only do that if she said something?

Somewhat. These things can be sold back out for some value. They're not all things I would display cuz they're kept mint. I would display some. I don't exactly own stuff that is too risque either but I'm sure there are plenty of understanding women out there. Lol

So I saw this:

http://www.tomopop.com/bandai-releases-the-power-of-wild-arms-2-s-knight-blazer-24383.phtml

this morning, but apparently got to a little late. AmiAmi and Hobby Search were already pre-allocated.

CDJapan was still taking orders though, although with the caveat "ships within one to two weeks of release."

Now, having only dealt with CDJapan for CDs and instock figures before (never preordered a figure from them, only CDs), I haven't dealt with that message before.

Basically, I'm asking if it implies they are allocated out, or do they know they'll be able to still fulfill orders?

StayDead

7076755873_cd553db8df_z.jpg

These came today. I did something really stupid and dropped Sena and managed to snap her hair clip down the middle and away from the peg that keeps it in. I went out to get some plastic glue and I have it all drying downstairs. I still can't believe I was stupid enough to pick up the sofa Yozora and Sena were sat on to move it. She just fell straight off and broke her hair clip. Looks weird without it. I hope I can fix it.

Luigi87

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7134/7076755873_cd553db8df_z.jpg

These came today. I did something really stupid and dropped Sena and managed to snap her hair clip down the middle and away from the peg that keeps it in. I went out to get some plastic glue and I have it all drying downstairs. I still can't believe I was stupid enough to pick up the sofa Yozora and Sena were sat on to move it. She just fell straight off and broke her hair clip. Looks weird without it. I hope I can fix it.

My Sena arrived yesterday, and I do wish she sat more still on the couch (I didn't bother ordering the Yozora in the past). Immediately set her up with the crying face playing PS3 <_<

Hope you can fix yours though, that sucks that her clip broke >.<

johnsmith

remember me
So I saw this:

http://www.tomopop.com/bandai-releases-the-power-of-wild-arms-2-s-knight-blazer-24383.phtml

this morning, but apparently got to a little late. AmiAmi and Hobby Search were already pre-allocated.

CDJapan was still taking orders though, although with the caveat "ships within one to two weeks of release."

Now, having only dealt with CDJapan for CDs and instock figures before (never preordered a figure from them, only CDs), I haven't dealt with that message before.

Basically, I'm asking if it implies they are allocated out, or do they know they'll be able to still fulfill orders?

If you can add it to you cart and checkout you're good. The Rise figure I ordered from them had the same message and they shipped her right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom