• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hero

Sideswipe just isn't that interesting to look at as some of the more memorable bots

His design might not be as iconic or memorable but I definitely think he was one of the most eye-catching cars of G1.

It also should be said that Sideswipe is only going to be about 70 dollars in Japan whereas the previous Masterpieces have been well over 150.

Takuan

Ordered 2. I'm actually surprised it's still available. They must really mass produce these things, because Samus was available for the longest time before finally selling out. I kind of regret not jumping on that - not the biggest Metroid fan, but have always liked the suit design and they really nailed the look.

sky

Hot Toys Black Widow full reveal.

Avengers-Movie-Black-Widow-Hot-Toys-016_1339678593.jpg

That crotch holder is.... bad. It would have looked better if they'd turned her belt in to a clasp, that attached at the back of her waist.

SUPARSTARX

That crotch holder is.... bad. It would have looked better if they'd turned her belt in to a clasp, that attached at the back of her waist.

Yeah the HT stand are horrible. I like the Enterbay clamps better but those bastards recently went from full metal to full plastic clamps. The weight was good on those things.

My Jack Sparrow DX is on its way via courier!!

Plus Wednesday I have a Blitzway Scarface figure coming....

Then Friday a detolf cabinet for my small collection of four figures!! Exciting week.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Latest additions to my Hot Toys family.

IMG_20120618_020847.jpg

You son of a bitch, is that the First Avenger Cap? Far prefer that one to the new, 40's costume was badass. Show pics of them both together so I can live vicariously through you. I want both of those and the new Thor so bad, never owned Hot Toys anything ;____;

I'm debating on getting Thor, or at least putting down a preorder for him. Got my $15 off coupon from sideshow and since I only have until July 18th to use it, should I preorder Thor or wait to see if they announce anything during SDCC time?

If I do order Thor, he'll be traveling with my BW figure in December...

I found a Hot Toys Two Face for $37 this weekend at a media store. It took all my willpower not to jump around screaming like a two year old in the store. I waited until I was safe in my car to do that.

I found a Hot Toys Two Face for $37 this weekend at a media store. It took all my willpower not to jump around screaming like a two year old in the store. I waited until I was safe in my car to do that.

JEALOUS!

Would love a Harvey Dent but not got the funds for anymore figures now this year, got Thor, Cap, Hawk and Black Widow pre-ordered and partially paid, anything now will be pre-order for the new DX Joker, Hulk and a Batman (will be my first Bats so eagerly waiting for more news!).

SUPARSTARX

Got order updates from AmiAmi re: Samus statue and Figma, and Chie Figma. They should be getting these in soon in the next 1-2 weeks!

Hero

Lemonte

I have always wanted to have Metal Gear Ray/Rex model that doesn't look toyish and isn't too small. But can't find one from anywhere. :(

EYEL1NER

I'm so fucking pumped.
I finally am going to be working again, and my new job is going to pay damn well.
So I can finally start buying the things I want.
I'll be able to pick up a Christie, Catherine, maybe a Donnie Yen or two, the Sengoku Basara Masamune Date and Yukimura Sanada figures, everything I keep seeing that I want.

The main thing I want though is what I saw at a shop this weekend. I have driven past a comic shop for three years now in Columbia every time I make the drive there to go to the record shop Manifest. And for three years I have been saying I want to go there. Well, I finally went and saw some cool things. Some awesome old TMNT toys there were cool since some I owned as a child and some, like the Terrordrome, were things I always wanted. There was a nice Kotobukiya Thor there too.
But the main thing they had that I will buy is a badass 1/4 scale Morrigan from Darkstalkers. Even before buying my first figure recently, I knew I always wanted a Morrigan, as she is one of my favorite designed characters in gaming. It's 18 inches tall and number 70-something out of 400. They are selling it for $270, which seems a bit high compared to some I saw online, but I ended up asking about it anyway.

The woman at the desk said it has been there a while and since they don't get too many video game geeks or Morrigan fans in, she thinks it won't sell anytime soon. I told her that I hope it doesn't and that I will be back from Greenland in about 7 months for a couple weeks and I will buy it.

I've got a lot of money I am going to be spending on figures soon. Which sucks, because I'll have to buy them and have them sent here at home, where I won't be able to appreciate them for about a year until I finish in Greenland and come back. It's not going to be too expensive for me though I guess. Not compared to the 80 inch $5000 TV at Best Buy I have my eye on.

SUPARSTARX

No comments on the Power Girl Bishoujo statue? Totally breaking my "girl figure ownership" hymen on that.
I like the bishoujo line. As you may have seen I have some in possession. The power girl one looks good.

I want the dark Phoenix one, but I'm unsure which version I want because they all look fantastic. And lol I was like you before with the no girl figure ownership too but some of these things are so well sculpt and painted, I'm just as much of a fan for the artistic work as the franchises they based on.

Takuan

I like the bishoujo line. As you may have seen I have some in possession. The power girl one looks good.

I want the dark Phoenix one, but I'm unsure which version I want because they all look fantastic. And lol I was like you before with the no girl figure ownership too but some of these things are so well sculpt and painted, I'm just as much of a fan for the artistic work as the franchises they based on.
Funnily enough, other than Lucy, Widow, and maybe Catwoman, I'm actually not the biggest fan of the bishoujo series. I feel like the faces are either too generic or that they don't fit the character (X-23 is a tragedy in my eyes), but Power Girl looks absolutely perfect; it's true to the character, and fanservice-y in a tasteful way. I'm going to make it a point to pre-order one at several stores to make sure I get it. A shame I don't live in the states, else I'd simply order online and not worry about it.

Giolon

Funnily enough, other than Lucy, Widow, and maybe Catwoman, I'm actually not the biggest fan of the bishoujo series. I feel like the faces are either too generic or that they don't fit the character (X-23 is a tragedy in my eyes), but Power Girl looks absolutely perfect; it's true to the character, and fanservice-y in a tasteful way. I'm going to make it a point to pre-order one at several stores to make sure I get it. A shame I don't live in the states, else I'd simply order online and not worry about it.

Have you seen the SDCC exclusive version of X-23?
X23Angry.jpg

I like it a lot better. Maybe even enough to track her down post-con. More pics @ Koto's Facebook.

No comments on the Power Girl Bishoujo statue? Totally breaking my "girl figure ownership" hymen on that.

Power_Girl_Illust.jpg

I was super excited when I saw the illustration b/c a nice, buff Power Girl would be the greatest thing ever.

Then the reveal:
Powergirl1.jpg

I guess she's still pretty good, but there's something off about her face (It has something to do with her mouth and nose...). Her hair shading is also a bit flat, and the seam in her left arm is fucking hideous. It's still just a prototype so things could be improved before all is said and done, but that's a rare occurrence with this line. But, they're 90% there so I'll probably end up getting her anyways. She's still quite gorgeous.

Kotobukiya has yet to outdo themselves after their impeccable Wonder Woman:
WonderWoman.jpg

Takuan

Have you seen the SDCC exclusive version of X-23?
http://www.radiantcg.com/neogaf/X23Angry.jpg
I like it a lot better. Maybe even enough to track her down post-con. More pics @ Koto's Facebook.

Power_Girl_Illust.jpg

I was super excited when I saw the illustration b/c a nice, buff Power Girl would be the greatest thing ever.

Then the reveal:
Powergirl1.jpg

I guess she's still pretty good, but there's something off about her face (It has somethind to do with her mouth and nose...). Her hair shading is also a bit flat, and the seam in her left arm is fucking hideous. It's still just a prototype so things could be improved before all is said and done, but that's a rare occurrence with this line. But, they're 90% there so I'll probably end up getting her anyways. She's still quite gorgeous.

Kotobukiya has yet to outdo themselves after their impeccable Wonder Woman:
WonderWoman.jpg
Different strokes and all that! I can't find a flaw at all in the PG sculpt, although I did not notice the seam in her arm. Having seen it now, it doesn't bother me. For my sake, I hope they don't change a thing on her, especially not the face. ;)

We clearly have different tastes, since I don't like the face on Wonder Woman (her pose & body sculpt is perfect, however). The eyes bother me, and I don't like small-mouthed women.

Giolon

Different strokes and all that! I can't find a flaw at all in the PG sculpt, although I did not notice the seam in her arm. Having seen it now, it doesn't bother me. For my sake, I hope they don't change a thing on her, especially not the face. ;)

We clearly have different tastes, since I don't like the face on Wonder Woman (her pose & body sculpt is perfect, however). The eyes bother me, and I don't like small-mouthed women.
I think for me, it has something to do with the distance between her nose and mouth. Also, her nose is extremely simplified and pointy - moreso than most other Bishoujo figures. They also gave her a more angular face than Shunya's original illustration. I'd prefer if it were more accurate to that picture. Bring back the rounder nose. Tighten up the gap between her nose and mouth. Bring the roundness back to her face. The rest of the sculpting is very nice (sans arm-seam). On the hair, it's just an issue that could be fixed with better shading.

Wonder Woman is a figure who's face looks much better from below IMO. Here's a shot of mine sitting on the shelf above my computer at my desk:
WonderWomanShot.jpg

Also, I fixed the embed on the X-23 angry face. Did you check that out? What do you think compared to the original?

Takuan

I think for me, it has something to do with the distance between her nose and mouth. Also, her nose is extremely simplified and pointy - moreso than most other Bishoujo figures. They also gave her a more angular face than Shunya's original illustration. I'd prefer if it were more accurate to that picture. Bring back the rounder nose. Tighten up the gap between her nose and mouth. Bring the roundness back to her face. The rest of the sculpting is very nice (sans arm-seam). On the hair, it's just an issue that could be fixed with better shading.

Wonder Woman is a figure who's face looks much better from below IMO. Here's a shot of mine sitting on the shelf above my computer at my desk:
WonderWomanShot.jpg

Also, I fixed the embed on the X-23 angry face. Did you check that out? What do you think compared to the original?
Still not a fan. Dat tiny mouth. :<

A friend linked me angry x-23 a while back and I still don't like it. I never liked her pose, and she still looks positively harmless despite her "scowl". Having said that, it IS the bishoujo line, and when it's right there in the name, it's foolish of me to expect them to not look all dainty & helpless.

SUPARSTARX

I'm a fan of the Shunya art so I'm not by most of the sculpts. There's a good chance they change and improve the sculpts before release.

The new black widow got negative comments on the face. Hopefully they make it a bit livelier.

johnsmith

remember me
I love the bishoujo line. I'm collecting the Marvel figures, and have gotten most of the ones I wanted. Just missing the first Black Widow, but can't justify spending the eBay prices she's going for. I originally wanted to just get the x-men figures, but that's gone out the window. I'm probably going to end up with all of them. That's the reason I'm avoiding getting even one DC or Tekken figure. If I get one I'll want them all.

Can't wait for Storm. Are there any other Marvel figures coming up? Seems like its just DC and Tekken going forward.

SUPARSTARX

Dat face.

If I collect one I'll want the rest of them too, but I'm sticking to the DC line for now. At least the Batman related products.

Takuan

OMFG Kotobukiya just posted shots of Jaina Solo!

JainaSolo.jpg

More

She's perfect.
I don't know who she is (assuming Star Wars character), but that's a very nice figure and not at all fanservice-y, unless those pants don't cover her butt. Would not feel ashamed to it on display.

I'm a fan of the Shunya art so I'm not by most of the sculpts. There's a good chance they change and improve the sculpts before release.

The new black widow got negative comments on the face. Hopefully they make it a bit livelier.
Just saw the new one. Doesn't look like Shunya's work at all. The first one looked so good, too.

I don't know who she is (assuming Star Wars character), but that's a very nice figure and not at all fanservice-y, unless those pants don't cover her butt. Would not feel ashamed to it on display.

She's Leia and Han's daughter and needless to say, she takes after dad for the most part.

LuCkymoON

Banned

WonderWomanShot.jpg

Is it sad that I recognize the figure in the background solely by the gun barrel?

I actually like the Poison Ivy Bishoujo figure more than the Wonder Woman.
bishoujo_poisonivy_02.jpg

Takuan

She's Leia and Han's daughter and needless to say, she takes after dad for the most part.
I looked at the other shots on Facebook and there isn't an angle where the figure looks less than perfect. Gonna have to get this one, too. Damn it, once you start...

Jack Sparrow DX figure is jaw dropping, I mean the box is amazing but the detail of the figure and the amount they crammed in the box is amazing, I've heard this is the best DX and potentially the best hot toys figure so I guess everything else will be a disappointment now? lol I do want an Indiana Jones DX though.

Blitzway Scarface came too, another jaw dropping experience, box was brilliant, did the movie justice, shame there isn't many accessories but the chair and magnetic base are amazing.

I am getting used to this figure collecting, my bank account certainly isn't though and nor is my girlfriend. Just got to wait for my cabinet to come on Friday now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom