• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giolon

Is it sad that I recognize the figure in the background solely by the gun barrel?

I actually like the Poison Ivy Bishoujo figure more than the Wonder Woman.
bishoujo_poisonivy_02.jpg

I agree 100%. I think Poison Ivy is the Bishoujo line's best figure.

Nope that just makes you more awesome, Lucky.

BishoujoShelf.jpg

As you can see, I've got Ivy too, but I have two problems with her. The first is that her eyes are looking way too far off to the side, which makes her left eye pretty much buried under her hair, and almost gives her a lazy eye sort of look since it's so out of alignment. It's incredibly difficult to display her at an angle where you can see her eyes well. Her original illustration had her looking forward and up, which was brilliant.

The second is that her base is tragically plain. Sure she's got the tentacle vines plant, but all they could do was a plain, flat, black disk? Koto can do better >.< They could've at least put her name on it, or given it some texture. She probably doesn't even need a base (she's permanently attached to it).

They also didn't put flowers all throughout her hair, but I can forgive that change.

Takuan

Has anyone ever ordered from TFAW.com? They have a nice pre-order promo for bishoujo Black Widow Covert Ops Ed., which leads me to believe they'll offer the same for the other figures in which I'm keenly interested. Google says they're pretty reputable.

God damn it, they only ship using UPS. So much for that idea. Great price for US Figure-GAF, though ($48 before shipping).

johnsmith

remember me
Has anyone ever ordered from TFAW.com? They have a nice pre-order promo for bishoujo Black Widow Covert Ops Ed., which leads me to believe they'll offer the same for the other figures in which I'm keenly interested. Google says they're pretty reputable.

God damn it, they only ship using UPS. So much for that idea. Great price for US Figure-GAF, though ($48 before shipping).

Yeah, I've used them and they're good. You can also get free shipping codes by signing up for their newsletter. Got an awesome deal on Bishoujo Scarlet Witch from them, $38 with free shipping.

Nope that just makes you more awesome, Lucky.

[IG]http://www.radiantcg.com/neogaf/BishoujoShelf.jpg[/IMG]

As you can see, I've got Ivy too, but I have two problems with her. The first is that her eyes are looking way too far off to the side, which makes her left eye pretty much buried under her hair, and almost gives her a lazy eye sort of look since it's so out of alignment. It's incredibly difficult to display her at an angle where you can see her eyes well. Her original illustration had her looking forward and up, which was brilliant.

The second is that her base is tragically plain. Sure she's got the tentacle vines plant, but all they could do was a plain, flat, black disk? Koto can do better >.< They could've at least put her name on it, or given it some texture. She probably doesn't even need a base (she's permanently attached to it).

They also didn't put flowers all throughout her hair, but I can forgive that change.

:O I want that San figure but I am afraid to even ask how much it costs.

xXJonoXx

Hot Toys Joker 2.0 DX has been fully revealed:
(more pictures on their Facebook page)

521294_10150886130422344_79331599_n.jpg

521294_10150886130437344_2041872100_n.jpg

600874_10150886133187344_694589993_n.jpg

600874_10150886133207344_950863592_n.jpg

Notice the shoe blade
600668_10150886135362344_1700148992_n.jpg

252605_10150886134102344_1375468548_n.jpg

252605_10150886134077344_462528545_n.jpg

600668_10150886135367344_1417408008_n.jpg

Hopefully available for preorder tomorrow at Sideshow.

Also exclusive pieces most likely for ordering at Sideshow Collectibles:

600668_10150886135377344_310090014_n.jpg

EYEL1NER

I'm in the middle of playing Lollipop Chainsaw right now and I am really hoping that we get some cool Juliet figures out of it.

But then again, it seems like Travis Touchdown and some of the NMH assassins would have made great figures and there weren't really too many released were there?
I did just find a Sylvia though that I really want. That beam sword and the coat/bra combo are making me want it bad.

I've actually gone on quite a tear with purchasing statues recently. In the past week I've purchased:

Kotobukiya
- Danger Room Magneto
- Cable

Bowen Designs
- Super Skrull
- Iron Man (Space Armor)

This comes from owning absolutely none two weeks ago. Now, I just need a place to put all these suckers. When I move to my new apartment, I'll be able to give them the dedicated space they need. :p

- J - D -

So I just googled the Hot Toys Joker 2.0 for more info (always been kinda interested in these, but still unitiated) and it lead me a forum that was discussing it. One of the members posted this pic and said it was new:

69464edegw1du6w183fxwj.jpg

Not the same company I take it? It's just as impressive.

xXJonoXx

So I just googled the Hot Toys Joker 2.0 for more info (always been kinda interested in these, but still unitiated) and it lead me a forum that was discussing it. One of the members posted this pic and said it was new:

Not the same company I take it? It's just as impressive.

That's Enterbay, and that figure will be 1/4th scale. Hot Toys are 1/6th scale.

Enterbay is also doing Batman.

Pachimari

I think my Alisa Bosconovitch figure is at the post office and they want me to pay $50 in tax because it's imported, crap. I guess that was the first and last time I ordered from BigBadToyStore.

SUPARSTARX

Shit just got very real with the Jokers.

And Enterbay's Joker is 1/4 scaled. But their Batman is going to be the Begins suit. Not sure why they aren't going with the TDK suit. May have been licensed off by Hot Toys perhaps? Still godlike.

Takuan

I think my Alisa Bosconovitch figure is at the post office and they want me to pay $50 in tax because it's imported, crap. I guess that was the first and last time I ordered from BigBadToyStore.
That's BBTS' fault, though. Which courier/postal service did you select as your shipping method? I imagine there's a hefty amount of brokerage fees in addition to taxes in that $50. It's why I never purchase from American companies that only use UPS/DHL; postal service all the way.

Also, DAT JOKER. Incredible figure. It would make the perfect gift for one of my buddies.

Giolon

:O I want that San figure but I am afraid to even ask how much it costs.

It was (exclusively?) sold at the Studio Ghibli Museum in Mitaka, Japan. They also had one of Ashitaka and Yakul. However, being actually my first figure purchase ever back in 2007, I was mortified by the cost (8000 yen), and could only bring myself to buy San. When I went back to the museum in 2010, they were no longer available.

I'm eternally glad I picked her up.

That's BBTS' fault, though. Which courier/postal service did you select as your shipping method? I imagine there's a hefty amount of brokerage fees in addition to taxes in that $50. It's why I never purchase from American companies that only use UPS/DHL; postal service all the way.

I run an online store and we were comparing shipping charges. I don't know why you would go with anything besides USPS. UPS and Fed Ex are expensive. The only thing I would consider using them for is if someone had a huge bulk order. It could also be the size of the toys or the insurance, but most of these toys will fit in a box that's not an unusual size for the USPS.

I run an online store and we were comparing shipping charges. I don't know why you would go with anything besides USPS. UPS and Fed Ex are expensive. The only thing I would consider using them for is if someone had a huge bulk order. It could also be the size of the toys or the insurance, but most of these toys will fit in a box that's not an unusual size for the USPS.

UPS and FED EX offer companies very nice big incentive for large volumes of shipments on a yearly basis. You can often work out better rates or at year end they cut you a check back for a percentage. UPS and FED EX are also more business friendly with their pick up services and simple to use shipping software tools, while USPS is just more work and is lagging behind in the technology. While USPS is cheaper for smaller items and often faster to ship, they are a pain to work with businesses compared to the others. UPS and FED EX also have good customer service relations with business, and simple things like insurance claim with either is very quick to handle, while with the USPS it's a big mess as a person has to follow procedures, fill out forms, wait several months, and often get rejected or ignored. Anything goes wrong with a package via USPS, and your generally screwed while UPS and Fed EX are accountable for their issues.

I used reward points on him and took off $60.

I got a ton of points that haven't been applied to my account yet :(

UPS and FED EX offer companies very nice big incentive for large volumes of shipments on a yearly basis. You can often work out better rates or at year end they cut you a check back for a percentage. UPS and FED EX are also more business friendly with their pick up services and simple to use shipping software tools, while USPS is just more work and is lagging behind in the technology. While USPS is cheaper for smaller items and often faster to ship, they are a pain to work with businesses compared to the others. UPS and FED EX also have good customer service relations with business, and simple things like insurance claim with either is very quick to handle, while with the USPS it's a big mess as a person has to follow procedures, fill out forms, wait several months, and often get rejected or ignored. Anything goes wrong with a package via USPS, and your generally screwed while UPS and Fed EX are accountable for their issues.

I got a ton of points that haven't been applied to my account yet :(
Those are all valid points, I've had problems with all 3 of them, I made a claim with UPS (personally), and it took 3 months for them to finally get a check to me. I've just been taking stuff to the post office until we get an office but once we have an area where we can get pick up, we may offer UPS and Fed Ex too. Thanks for the information I didn't know they did all that for businesses.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
I was expecting something special for the head sculpts for the new Joker.... Holy Shit I didnt expect it to be THAT good. Very happy.

Wk2tl.jpg

Faqcebook says thats the DKR batman figure too.

SUPARSTARX

I was expecting something special for the head sculpts for the new Joker.... Holy Shit I didnt expect it to be THAT good. Very happy.

[]http://i.imgur.com/Wk2tl.jpg[/IMG]

Faqcebook says thats the DKR batman figure too.

Improved sculpt and rubber body, hooo!!

There's no way they would release the same TDK body... it had oily ab issues that made people go nuts and angry about their $180 to $700 toy. lol

2012 is a good year!!

How many more pieces until you finish the entire set? I can't wait to see it.

Blue and then Black. Sven figure is arriving later so not that I really care. It's kinda to build Voltron when you are still missing his body & his right leg still lol.

But yeah, it's gonna look awesome when done. :)

meijiko

e3t2F.jpg

After waiting for what feels like forever, I finally got to preorder her. There's been some complaints about her facial expression or whatever, but I'm honestly just happy they made a PVC version. This is the kind of figure I probably won't keep in my collection room; instead I'll probably hang her in my bedroom or living room or something. Her box cage is gorgeous, though I'll probably splurge for a real cage if I can find one I like.

bangai-o

Banned
i was thinking of ordering that Kotobukiya Powergirl posted on the previous page, but the only shop at Amazon has it on backorder till December, while ebay is selling it at premium. Are they well constructed? I would hate to spend money on this only for it to feel cheap plastic.

edit

wait, the ones from ebay are shipping from Hong Kong. So the toy hasnt been released over seas yet?

got a Play Arts arkham asylum Batman yesterday at Heroes Convention and the arm broke at the shoulder within 5 minutes of taking it out of the box. The post at the hinge just snapped in half. I don't think I can get it replaced by square enix because I didn't get a receipt. Guess i'm gonna have to try and fix it myself but I have no experience with this stuff at all

johnsmith

remember me
i was thinking of ordering that Kotobukiya Powergirl posted on the previous page, but the only shop at Amazon has it on backorder till December, while ebay is selling it at premium. Are they well constructed? I would hate to spend money on this only for it to feel cheap plastic.

edit

wait, the ones from ebay are shipping from Hong Kong. So the toy hasnt been released over seas yet?

She hasn't been released anywhere yet. Those sellers are selling preorders, and breaking eBay rules because she's a lot more than 30 days away. The standard bishoujo advice applies here, wait for the US release (usually a month after Japan) and get her for less than $59.99, and probably less than $50.

bangai-o

Banned
She hasn't been released anywhere yet. Those sellers are selling preorders, and breaking eBay rules because she's a lot more than 30 days away. The standard bishoujo advice applies here, wait for the US release (usually a month after Japan) and get her for less than $59.99, and probably less than $50.

i see. Ill just leave it in my cart at Amazon then.

SUPARSTARX

got a Play Arts arkham asylum Batman yesterday at Heroes Convention and the arm broke at the shoulder within 5 minutes of taking it out of the box. The post at the hinge just snapped in half. I don't think I can get it replaced by square enix because I didn't get a receipt. Guess i'm gonna have to try and fix it myself but I have no experience with this stuff at all

Same thing happened with my PAK Chun Li. Never buying their stuff anymore.

SUPARSTARX

you manage to fix it? i'm thinking the only thing I can do is use a little bit of super glue to get the rod back into place, but I dont know if that's going to hinder the movement of the hinge

I used some hobby glue and I put it in place. It is less flexible but it's back in the box. I'm just not happy with the quality of the products. The paint is great but not worth the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom