• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsmith

remember me
Huntress Bishoujo
396110_493575820658819_1667517757_n.jpg

1OUVk.jpg

Getting really tempted to start collecting DC bishoujos

Hero

Just got my AmiAmi payment request for the Samus Figma and PVC statue. First ever things like this. Shipping was pretty reasonable actually! Excited as heck.

Already noticed how crazy both of these are going for on eBay. Samus Figma is going for 90-120 and the PVC Zero Suit is going for 170-200 already. Were these low print runs or something?

Pachimari

Kazuya looks too pumped up, he's so excited about TTT2 and the reunion with Jun.

I don't want Street Fighter figures, I want to see an actual figure of Lili and JayCee and an announcement about who's gonna be next in the TEKKEN bishoujo line-up.

SUPARSTARX

Chun Li Bishoujo will be delicious.

Eagerly awaiting more Tekken Bishoujo as well. Alisa and Christie has plenty more room next to them on my shelves.

Pachimari

But do we know if Kotobukiya will have any Tekken figures with them?

At least I got Asuka Kazama to look forward to in November but I really want a Ling Xiaoyu and Jun Kazama announced.

Not sure if any new Tekken bishoujos were announced. Just a tenative release date for JayCee(March 2013).
http://instagram.com/p/M9yB9Eo9ms/

We know the art is done for all the characters though so hopefully we will eventually get the rest of the ladies.

I have a pretty decent Yoko army myself but most are all boxed up at the moment. I only have the bounty hunter Yoko on display.

No prob. This was just preview night of SDCC so hopefully more new info and pics of stuff starts popping up tomorrow when people have more time to get around and see everything.

*edit* So back on June 15 I just happened to browsing otacute and saw that they had Zero suit Samus available for preorder again. I was very surprised and hopped on it right away. Once my order was complete I saw that preorders were again closed for her. I was like fuck yeah I got the last one but was also worried that maybe it was a glitch or something and my order would eventually be canceled. Well just moments ago I got my reservation is ready to ship email and I just paid for her, only $93 total =) Needless to say I am super happy as I was bummed out that I didnt preorder when she was first available and then saw her sell out literally everywhere. I chose SAL shipping so it will be awhile before she gets here but I'll glady take some pics of her when she arrives.

She came out perfect too
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10174269a8/20/8

*edit 2*
http://www.tomopop.com/ul/_tomopop/...reet-fighter-x-tekken-bishoujo/01-noscale.jpg

Ehh So Chun Li is part of a Street Fighter x Tekken bishoujo line now? I hope thats just for display purposes. If its strictly a SFxT line then that means we have no chance for Rose and C.Viper figures.

Pachimari

No prob. This was just preview night of SDCC so hopefully more new info and pics of stuff starts popping up tomorrow when people have more time to get around and see everything.

*edit* So back on June 15 I just happened to browsing otacute and saw that they had Zero suit Samus available for preorder again. I was very surprised and hopped on it right away. Once my order was complete I saw that preorders were again closed for her. I was like fuck yeah I got the last one but was also worried that maybe it was a glitch or something and my order would eventually be canceled. Well just moments ago I got my reservation is ready to ship email and I just paid for her, only $93 total =) Needless to say I am super happy as I was bummed out that I didnt preorder when she was first available and then saw her sell out literally everywhere. I chose SAL shipping so it will be awhile before she gets here but I'll glady take some pics of her when she arrives.

She came out perfect too
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10174269a8/20/8

*edit 2*
http://www.tomopop.com/ul/_tomopop/...reet-fighter-x-tekken-bishoujo/01-noscale.jpg

Ehh So Chun Li is part of a Street Fighter x Tekken bishoujo line now? I hope thats just for display purposes. If its strictly a SFxT line then that means we have no chance for Rose and C.Viper figures.

So we can in fact get even more Tekken characters through the SF x Tekken Bishoujo line?

SSDC is a different event to Comic-Con correct? Wait, it's the same? Isn't Comic-Con a Comic superhero event, while SSDC is the figure event? I'm totally confused these days.

By the way, I'm worried that the Tekken Bishoujo line-up is now being rolled into the SF x Tekken line as well???

Pachimari

Ah yeah, correct. It's just the way Tomopop said it, that got me a bit worried: "Chun Li is going to be the first entry from the Street Fighter franchise into what is now being rolled into the combined Street Fighter x Tekken Bishoujo line."

But yeah, it makes sense that it's SF x T and TTT2. So we could probably get even more Tekken Bishoujo figures from the SF x T line.

Xzior

Tried paying my Samus Figma and PVC statue from Amiami with a credit card, but I keep getting the following error message:

"There was an error while processing your credit card.
Please contact your credit card provider for more information, or consider submitting your payment by PayPal. We apologize for the inconvenience."

Is it just me or do they have some problem accepting credit card payments at the moment?

Xzior

I had no problem paying this morning for the exact same items you bought.

That's just typical, it doesn't seem like there is something wrong with my card since I just bought a game on Steam to check, and that worked just fine. I guess I have to call the bank tomorrow, might be something on their end that stops the payment process to Amiami specifically.

Hero

That's just typical, it doesn't seem like there is something wrong with my card since I just bought a game on Steam to check, and that worked just fine. I guess I have to call the bank tomorrow, might be something on their end that stops the payment process to Amiami specifically.

There's a lot of bullshit with some credit cards going through international. I just paid with Paypal to not deal with all of it.

Xzior

There's a lot of bullshit with some credit cards going through international. I just paid with Paypal to not deal with all of it.

Well, buying from Steam is international for me so that clearly works :p This will be my third order from Amiami, so it has worked perfectly before, why must it start to fuck up on this order....

I hope I don't have to get Paypal, after all the horror stories I have read about them I don't want to tie my bank account or credit card to that service.

johnsmith

remember me
Saw this in tomopop. Why is this a thing? Design's kind of cute, but I don't think anybody was clamoring for a sexy Men in Black figure.

A1G6p.jpg

Just got the DX02 Batman off of Ebay for 285.00. Granted its used, but in excellent shape, I thought that was a good deal considering the used going price is usually around 400.00 minimum. Caught me by surprise a little when I won it.

bPod

^ great price for a DX02 Batman; I couldn't find one for a decent reseller's price so I waited for the new one

...now the Bat is a different story *wallet cries*

More pics from Square Enix at San Diego Comic Con

P7123225.jpg

P7123263.jpg

P7123264.jpg

P7123265.jpg

P7123276.jpg

xXJonoXx

All of those Batman Play Arts Kai figures look amazing. Arkham City Catwoman is top notch. I eagerly await the reveal for Dark Knight Rises Catwoman.

I got my Arkham Asylum Harley Quinn in the mail today from Amazon... love this figure. Goes great with Batman.

johnsmith

remember me
Looks like no new Marvel bishoujo's were teased at SDCC. Have they shown art for any new figures? There's so many possibilities left. Would much rather see them continue with that instead of movies or Tekken.

I am really not looking forward to the Monday or Tuesday rush on Hasbro Toy Shop for their SDCC exclusives.

Sucks balls that the things I was looking for sold out ridiculously quick on BBTS. Dat game accurate Bruticus ;_;

I am really not looking forward to the Monday or Tuesday rush on Hasbro Toy Shop for their SDCC exclusives.

Sucks balls that the things I was looking for sold out ridiculously quick on BBTS. Dat game accurate Bruticus ;_;
What Hasbro did with Bruticus is seriously really fucking shitty. Make the game accurate version the exclusive? So stupid.

That DKR Play Arts Batman looks hilarious. No need for him to be that beefy.

It's some extraordinary bullshit.

I am not looking forward to watching HTS time out and then be forced to pay twice as much for the damn thing from resellers.

But the pics up on tformers basically have me sold on it.

http://tformers.com/transformers-sdcc-2012-transformers-generations-fall/17889/news.html

Bah ;_;
I was hoping all the prerelease pics were mistransformed, but it still has those lanky arms. It doesn't do justice to the game design at all, an easy pass for me. The Fansproject upgrade set is the only Bruticus I need until Hasbro steps their game up.

kN6kW.jpg

Still, really shitty for all the fans that want a game accurately colored Bruticus.

Yeah, Vortex in particular seems to not make a great arm in this incarnation, but I'm a large fan of the Brawl and Onslaught molds.

That fansproject kit is a piece of work though. Between that and that baller as hell Xovergen Trailerforce piece I fear I might start buying too many 3rd party bits for my own good.

Simo

^ great price for a DX02 Batman; I couldn't find one for a decent reseller's price so I waited for the new one

...now the Bat is a different story *wallet cries*

More pics from Square Enix at San Diego Comic Con

P7123225.jpg

P7123263.jpg

P7123264.jpg

P7123265.jpg

P7123276.jpg

I might have to get that Bane. S-E also got the Man of Steel license too? Nice!

SUPARSTARX

Might pick up full Arkham series from Play Arts Kai.

Skipping PK TDKR. I already have the Hot Toys stuff pending. Nothing beats that in terms of quality.

Pachimari

It seems the TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2 figure of Lili will be out in the Winter. That's what the poster on the wall says. And then JayCee in March. So they don't have any Lili or JC figures to show. =(

PwJbPl.jpg

P1460973.JPG

Tali AND Femshep?! This entire line is so bought. Also considering getting the entire Arkham City line, although I already have the Asylum Batman. All the Halo stuff looks amazing too. Play Arts Kai is really knocking it out of the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom