• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had to go through some hoops to get my Samus. I received a letter yesterday at work from parcelforce saying I owed £612 in import VAT. :O

After a ton of phone calls, I finally got the charge rescinded from UK customs and will be able to pick it up soon once parcelforce gets the changed charges. Thank god.

RaginRoss

Had to go through some hoops to get my Samus. I received a letter yesterday at work from parcelforce saying I owed £612 in import VAT. :O

After a ton of phone calls, I finally got the charge rescinded from UK customs and will be able to pick it up soon once parcelforce gets the changed charges. Thank god.

Jesus!

What was the charge changed to?

Ban Puncher

Did they think those Yens were Pounds or something?

Dozy gits.

SUPARSTARX

Does anyone know which courier Japan Post use when the shipment arrives in the UK?

AmiAmi sent my Samus via SAL Registered, and the latest tracking information is;

"Jul 16 Absence. Attempted delivery. UNITED KINGDOM

Jul 16 Retention Retention period: UNITED KINGDOM "

I'm assuming there was supposed to be a number after the 'Retention Period' part.

There's been no 'missed delivery' slip posted through the door, so not too sure what's going on.

Should be your local post office. Mine comes via USPS.

I was charged 20-something pounds in customs charges, and I am UK too. What a rip-off.

£612? My God.

Oh, and mine came through ParcelForce. It's so much easier when things are delivered through Royal Mail though, because my parcels are returned to the post office up the road for me to collect in person. It's literally a 5 minute walk away. When ParcelForce deliver and I am not in, they take it back to the depot in Manchester which is miles away.

Figma Samus is really nice. I've not taken it out the box yet, and don't know whether I am going to or not. I don't have a display cabinet or anything, and it'll probably get dusty as hell on my shelf.

johnsmith

remember me
The Momohime rerelease is up for preorder! Oh, man. I've wanted this for years. It was always one of my favorites long before I started collecting figures. So glad I can finally get her without having to spend hundreds.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-MOE-1726&page=top
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10112870

10112870a.jpg

This Persona 2 figure is also pretty cool. I've never played the game but I like this figure.
FIG-MOE-6438_01.jpg

SUPARSTARX

This looks kind of goofy. Sadly 1/6 scale won't bring out the finer details. I hope this is way under $200 for no accessories.

Hot Toys 1/6 Bane from The Dark Knight Rises

527970_10150938813767344_1913404997_n.jpg

165852_10150938808882344_1429177064_n.jpg

487242_10150938809082344_1879654393_n.jpg

311517_10150938809592344_1712645329_n.jpg

555853_10150938809662344_39147772_n.jpg

375667_10150938809852344_2022923853_n.jpg

556030_10150938810697344_600982850_n.jpg

561084_10150938811042344_1583244331_n.jpg

251808_10150938808752344_2084976257_n.jpg

Ponti

One of the Figma Samus' I ordered arrived today, only it was from Otacute with SAL shipping (shockingly quick for SAL). The ones I ordered from AmiAmi with EMS shipping still havent arrived and are apparently in Coventry Parcelforce "Awaiting presentation to customs commissioner" and have been since 15th July... Makes no sense but the figure is damn awesome though. If Zero Suit Samus arrives tommorow with SAL I'm never paying an extra £10 or whatever it was for EMS again :p

Pachimari

Are there any great/detailed Naruto/Sasuke etc. figures without them being too expensive?

Maybe an Ash/Brock/Misty something along those Poké lines as well?

SUPARSTARX

Bane's going for $190 MSRP at Animarket, one of Hot Toys official foreign web distributors over in Australia. Looks like we'll get him under $200 at Sideshow too.

Are there any great/detailed Naruto/Sasuke etc. figures without them being too expensive?

Maybe an Ash/Brock/Misty something along those Poké lines as well?
There's articulated figures of them from MEDICOM for $200 each I think (lol)

Then there's some finely detailed statues at smaller scale from Figuarts ZERO. Other than that, I think there's only the typical Bandai packaged figures that have mediocre paint work.

N4WxG.jpg

Medicom RAH Naruto & Sasuke

5.jpg

Figuarts ZERO Naruto, Sasuke, & Kakashi

meijiko

The Momohime rerelease is up for preorder! Oh, man. I've wanted this for years. It was always one of my favorites long before I started collecting figures. So glad I can finally get her without having to spend hundreds.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-MOE-1726&page=top
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10112870

10112870a.jpg

Goddammit, November! I already have an Alter for that month, not to mention the Ultimate Madoka monster as well. Oh well, I guess I can write it off as a Christmas present to myself...

Giolon

Samus & Samus are here!

I can't tell you how long I've been waiting for this day - an incredible Samus action figure!
SamusFigma.jpg

As well as an awesome scale-model Zero Suit Samus. o_0
SamusFigmaZeroSuit.jpg

It's little Metroid is well scaled to the Figma too. Guard my desk, Samus!
SamusFigmaDesktop.jpg

maomaoIYP

10112870a.jpg

This was my first figure, and by far my favorite. Once you go Alter, you can never go back though. No other company comes close to their quality.

After a long-ass day, I decided to unbox my figure...

83c11ae5.jpg

7c38a2f1.jpg

1699a091.jpg

83cc7faa.jpg

Putting her together was kinda awkward as I kept holding onto her by her ass... Good or bad thing?

RaginRoss

Argh - one of the beam effects has ended up stuck in the end of Figma Samus' gun.

Any tips on how to get these types of things out without breaking anything?

wetwired

So I'm thinking of diving into the hot toys market, I don't collect this stuff really, apart from a few Tin Bender wind-ups from Futurama I have.

I have been eyeing off the Batman\Dark Knight series for years but a friend who's into them has warned me of sculpt issues and then oil leaking from one hot toys batman. I've seen the photos of the new DX one and it looks great, I assume they've also rectified the oil leakage issue by now as well.

Anything I need to know before diving into this? I'm in Australia so any local cheap retailers would be great, or cheap international suppliers.

I'm going to stick to the Batman series though, as much as the iron man and marvel\reeves superman look great I can't afford that many and don't have room for it all.

So unless you guys can otherwise sway me away from the purchase I want to wet my feet with the DX TDKR batman and if I like that one then the DX joker as well...

The new bane I was a bit disappointed with, his arm joints look odd so I don't think you could get away with him without his coat on.

SUPARSTARX

So I'm thinking of diving into the hot toys market, I don't collect this stuff really, apart from a few Tin Bender wind-ups from Futurama I have.

I have been eyeing off the Batman\Dark Knight series for years but a friend who's into them has warned me of sculpt issues and then oil leaking from one hot toys batman. I've seen the photos of the new DX one and it looks great, I assume they've also rectified the oil leakage issue by now as well.

Anything I need to know before diving into this? I'm in Australia so any local cheap retailers would be great, or cheap international suppliers.

I'm going to stick to the Batman series though, as much as the iron man and marvel\reeves superman look great I can't afford that many and don't have room for it all.

So unless you guys can otherwise sway me away from the purchase I want to wet my feet with the DX TDKR batman and if I like that one then the DX joker as well...

The new bane I was a bit disappointed with, his arm joints look odd so I don't think you could get away with him without his coat on.
I started collecting this stuff a year ago. Quality control issues do arise from time to time but it's quite minimal. These are all assembled in manufacturers located in China for the most part.

Since you're in Australia www.animarket.com might be your best bet. They're an official distributor/seller now for Hot Toys stuff. The items will ship directly from Asia to you through their site.

I think the oily ab thing is rectified already with the upcoming release. The entire suit isn't rubber anymore, it's rubber on a mesh outfit for better pose ability if I'm not mistaken. I'm likely gonna still get Bane too for completion of the series.

This stuff's getting expensive. I'm going to bail out after Batman lol

Bane's arms are really awful looking, not just the visible joints but they are way to skinny compared to the rest of the fig. Still a ways off, wonder if it will improve at all.

gokieks

This one figure actually looks magnificent and I don't even know who she is.

Momohime from the Wii game Oboro Muramasa / Muramasa: The Demon Blade. Which is one of the best games on the Wii IMO.

And yes, that figure is gorgeous. One of the best Alter figures I've seen actually (though it certainly helps that the source material, being a Vanillaware game, is so beautiful).

johnsmith

remember me
Where did you guys order the Figma Samus Varia Suit figure?

These are the most popular Japanese stores people order from. She's pretty much sold out everywhere though. Your best bet at this point would be resellers on amazon or ebay, but you're going to pay a huge markup.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-IPN-3175
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10174272
http://www.hlj.com/product/MAX06221

Actually looks like Plamoya still has it. US$52.87 (JPY4,154)
Pretty expensive, but cheaper than ebay at this point.
http://plamoya.com/en/figma-prepainted-pvc-figure-samus-aran-p-43216.html

The Boat

Got my Figma Samus! The pics aren't very good, but my camera sucks.

Ww6zs.jpg

PQRzY.jpg

IxChX.jpg

f2u3G.jpg

jwtyw.jpg

The beam is already stuck in the "normal" cannon though... any tips to get it out?

I have been eyeing off the BatmanDark Knight series for years but a friend who's into them has warned me of sculpt issues and then oil leaking from one hot toys batman. I've seen the photos of the new DX one and it looks great, I assume they've also rectified the oil leakage issue by now as well.

I'm going to stick to the Batman series though, as much as the iron man and marvelreeves superman look great I can't afford that many and don't have room for it all.

I think TDKR Batman might be my first Hot Toys figure.
want Returns Batman also.

SUPARSTARX

I really wished Sam Flynn was a standalone figure. I would've definitely gotten that as I'm a fan of Tron Legacy. It looks great

Varia suit Samus is awesome but I wish it came with the Metroid. I'm disappointed Zero Suit Samus is popular as I'd much rather have enemies from Metroid like Kraid, the Omega Metroid, Ridley, Mother Brain, etc. She looks like any other anime character outside of her suit- big ol' titties and highly sexualized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom