• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

SUPARSTARX

FOUR!!!!!!

023165425.gif

Salsa

WELP

worst possible scenario happened. Apparently some friends of my folks visited, with kids, aaaaand (you can see where this is going)

I wouldnt say they went APESHIT in my room, but jesus christ man, why do they always go for the figs WHY

results: busted paint, scratches, even a dent. Pretty much all the damage you could imagine besides breaking a limb or something.

hold me GAF, fuck kids.

LadyRiven

The Momohime rerelease is up for preorder! Oh, man. I've wanted this for years. It was always one of my favorites long before I started collecting figures. So glad I can finally get her without having to spend hundreds.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-MOE-1726&page=top
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10112870

My BF has been MADLY in love with this Momohime figure for awhile. I collect lots of figures, but he really only wants a select few and Momohime is one of them. I'm sooo glad she is being re-released and have been watching updates like a hawk. Alter figures are so great, I know he's gonna love this fig when he gets it!

Hero

WELP

worst possible scenario happened. Apparently some friends of my folks visited, with kids, aaaaand (you can see where this is going)

I wouldnt say they went APESHIT in my room, but jesus christ man, why do they always go for the figs WHY

results: busted paint, scratches, even a dent. Pretty much all the damage you could imagine besides breaking a limb or something.

hold me GAF, fuck kids.

I'm sorry for your losses. :(

Mohonky

WELP

........because they are toys?

Some people might get upset by that notion but really that's what figures are. Kids won't make the distinction between your geek toys vs their action hero figures like Ben 10 etc they might have at home.

-Winnie-

WELP

hold me GAF, fuck kids.

I know your pain, brother. *hug*

Salsa

........because they are toys?

Some people might get upset by that notion but really that's what figures are. Kids won't make the distinction between your geek toys vs their action hero figures like Ben 10 etc they might have at home.

I know why, I was being overly dramatic

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Got my Hot Toys Sam Flynn w/ Lightcycle.
The camera over exposed the glow a bit.

Dear God... I need that.

(For the record, was mega hyped for TL but hated it in cinemas... Grew to love it on bluray3d at home).

Time to go harass HotToys for more TL stuff... Hell oven OG Tron stuff.

Ban Puncher

WELP

hold me GAF, fuck kids.

May I suggest finding some small solace in buying new and exciting figures?

That or a savage beating.

Pachimari

My BF has been MADLY in love with this Momohime figure for awhile. I collect lots of figures, but he really only wants a select few and Momohime is one of them. I'm sooo glad she is being re-released and have been watching updates like a hawk. Alter figures are so great, I know he's gonna love this fig when he gets it!

I'm like that as well. I ONLY want my Bishoujo Tekken figures from Kotobukiya but this one Momohime catched my eye. I think it's one of the only ones that's stylish that I have seen so far.

Good call :) It's a wonderful figure.

Rehynn

I just got one of these from a local auction site. The box has been opened, but it's in great condition and it cost me $25 only. They're quite rare I understand.

main.php

SUPARSTARX

WELP

hold me GAF, fuck kids.

:( My condolences.

I just got one of these from a local auction site. The box has been opened, but it's in great condition and it cost me $25 only. They're quite rare I understand.

main.php

Nice catch. I was hunting for the Samus up until the Figma was announced. I'm assuming most people will go for Figma Link from now on, but it's always nice to have a collection.

main.php
Good to see I'm not the only one collecting classic toys at the moment, just got this lot all in the mail the other day.
RecentlootJuly232012.jpg

Been wanting to ge a hold of Vehicle Voltron for the last 20 plus years. Soo happy to finally get one and for it to be in and for only 100 Aus for all the Vehicle Voltrons there was a pretty epic snag on eBay.

Good to see I'm not the only one collecting classic toys at the moment, just got this lot all in the mail the other day.
RecentlootJuly232012.jpg

Been wanting to ge a hold of Vehicle Voltron for the last 20 plus years. Soo happy to finally get one and for it to be in and for only 100 Aus for all the Vehicle Voltrons there was a pretty epic snag on eBay.

It would be nice to start a thread on toy collecting in general. I know that this thread sometimes takes on those duties but something else would be better.

sophora

Man, that looks amazing. Any word on price? Will this be available through Sideshow? I already have the Play Arts Noble Team set, do I even need this thing?!

Sale will happen next week on Wednesday 9:00AM (Hong Kong Time); Tuesday 9:00PM (EST US); Tuesday 6:00PM (PST US) at bambalandstore.com. No word on Sideshow having some but US/EU merchs will be able to order from 3A on the Carter figure at least.

Price is $200 each with worldwide shipping included, at least that's usual of their toys. That is a steal for a figure with lights, magnets, fully articulated fingers.

Sale will happen next week on Wednesday 9:00AM (Hong Kong Time); Tuesday 9:00PM (EST US); Tuesday 6:00PM (PST US) at bambalandstore.com. No word on Sideshow having some but US/EU merchs will be able to order from 3A on the Carter figure at least.

Price is $200 each with worldwide shipping included, at least that's usual of their toys. That is a steal for a figure with lights, magnets, fully articulated fingers.

Yeah, that sounds about right. Still waiting to see when AK Cherry Bomb drops.

Giolon

FFFFFUUUUU

I don't want to get into figures. I really don't! But things like this keep trying to break my resolve down and make me weak!

Who makes this figure?

Unfortunately, it's a Garage Kit (unpainted, unassembled) made by a someone (or a group) who goes by MINE: http://www.tcct.zaq.ne.jp/bpbka400/mine.html

It looks like it will be at Summer WonFes 2012, but I can't quite make out whether or not it'll be for sale or not.

http://www.fg-site.net/archives/2592064

Frequently, good, unofficial GKs get turned into legitimized & pre-painted figures. Keep your fingers crossed on this one, but given that Gravity Daze/Rush isn't a HUGELY popular, or particularly ecchi title, I wouldn't keep my hopes too high.

My greatest sadness is this Selvaria action figure GK that never got productized:
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/21516

I keep praying that I'll see a figma of her pop up one of these days.

cajunator

Banned

Buy it.
I didnt regret it for a second. Momohime is a gorgeously detailed figurine and nearly flawless.
Dont even hesitate. Its sublime.

leng jai

Buy it.
I didnt regret it for a second. Momohime is a gorgeously detailed figurine and nearly flawless.
Dont even hesitate. Its sublime.

I need to rebuy it. Mine broke after she fell off the shelf after the stand came loose. Is it just me or is the design not that secure? I don't see why it needed to be separate in the first place.

dankir

Get your wallets ready,

1/4 Hot Toys Batman figure reveal soon! Plus we're finally going to see the Avengers Iron Man Mark VII and Hulk figures on Friday I believe.

8062_10150952596847344_586667039_n.jpg

cajunator

Banned
I need to rebuy it. Mine broke after she fell off the shelf after the stand came loose. Is it just me or is the design not that secure? I don't see why it needed to be separate in the first place.

I never had this problem with any figure yet. Are you sure you didnt put it somewhere where it may have slightly melted off-balance? I put a new light in the curio to prevent that from happening. the halogen that came with it would have ruined my figurines.

SUPARSTARX

Enterbay 1/4 Batman. Suit looks good, but BW head doesn't look accurate enough for 1/4 size. Nose and eyes are a bit off.

Comes with three cowl heads with different expressions, BW sculpt, and bunch of accessories.

551177_10151045855612557_909404659_n.jpg

487183_10151045856007557_1627565235_n.jpg

562735_10151045856447557_1827735333_n.jpg

382448_10151045856842557_625583496_n.jpg

481897_10151045857932557_277264140_n.jpg

551245_10151045857212557_1226247406_n.jpg

251838_10151045857402557_1632634497_n.jpg

309307_10151045857547557_478130199_n.jpg

602643_10151045857697557_37063498_n.jpg

POP and Max Factory are both so hard to tell, I bought a bootleg Nendoroid Yoko at C2E2. I refuse to buy them from a vendor unless they can prove it was direct from the company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom