• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsmith

remember me
Plastikitty is saying that Yamato will be releasing the Elin Figure from last winter's Wonfes. Awesome figure, definitely one of my favorite from that event.

SUPARSTARX

I don't want to spam more galleries but here's Enterbay's 1/4 Batman & Joker. And a 1/6 Kobe Bryant that's coming out soon too.

69464edegw1dva5pdl2kzj.jpg

My Samus figma arrived! That is some fast shipping, I ordered it Sat night so it must've not gone out the door till Monday at the earliest

Shiloa

Dear geek Gaf,

What do you guys display your figures in? I want to get some display stuff, as well as some nice lighting that I can put inside the cabinets.

Fantomex

I don't want to spam more galleries but here's Enterbay's 1/4 Batman & Joker. And a 1/6 Kobe Bryant that's coming out soon too.

69464edegw1dva5pdl2kzj.jpg

YOU KEEP SPAMMING DO YOU HEAR ME! Keep it going. I don't know where you get these images but if it wasn't for some of you here I wouldn't be in the loop. I'm just trying to realize theres figures I want but are now over $500 because I didn't even know they existed. Now I'm about to hopefully pre-order Bane and wash cars for a month to pay for it!

Dear geek Gaf,

What do you guys display your figures in? I want to get some display stuff, as well as some nice lighting that I can put inside the cabinets.

I use Detolf's from Ikea for my vinyl figures (Japanese Sofubi monsters and stuff) and then 2 billy bookcases with glass doors for my MOTU and G1 Transformers.

meijiko

Plastikitty is saying that Yamato will be releasing the Elin Figure from last winter's Wonfes. Awesome figure, definitely one of my favorite from that event.

I'm not familiar with the character, but that is one gorgeous figure. Really liking the design. I hope Yamato can keep the integrity of the paint design. If so, I may have to pick this up.

johnsmith

remember me
I'm not familiar with the character, but that is one gorgeous figure. Really liking the design. I hope Yamato can keep the integrity of the paint design. If so, I may have to pick this up.

Elins are one of the races in the mmo Tera. Pantsless lolis aren't my thing but it is a really nice figure.

I think it looks great, I love the smirk they gave him.

Not that I'd ever dare dream of displaying any of my Iron Man's without the helmet.

I think it looks great, I love the smirk they gave him.

It's the face and hair that's throwing me off... I mean, his hair in the movie wasn't perfectly combed as it is in the prototype, I want it to look kinda messy to match the look I guess. The angle of the face doesn't really quite look like RDJ to me either. Smirk is spot on though.

thanks to this great thread I bought my brother the Terminator premium format figure for this birthday. It's arriving Monday, can't wait to see his reaction.

Ultimadrago

2OX9G.jpg

Prize Figures of Shinonome Nano and Aioi Yuuko from Nichijou.

Supposedly, these were announced a while back, but I only tripped on them today.
Prize figures don't match in scale and quality of normal figures, but are much cheaper and still sizable enough for me to appreciate.

Two more pre-orders for me tonight, excited for August to get here!
I'm also still waiting for Hakase's Nendo to become available for pre-order on AmiAmi.

dankir

Holy fucking shit at the 1/4 Batman figure from Hot toys,

555738_10150955930367344_761174252_n.jpg

268229_10150955930092344_561640364_n.jpg

376738_10150955930512344_92304700_n.jpg

313954_10150955931527344_390495836_n.jpg

The Enterbay Batman looks cross eyed lol. Must get the Bat!!!

Look at how stupidly huge it is!!!

165859_400377910024205_1436489988_n.jpg

564115_400383463356983_772088107_n.jpg

599291_400378783357451_943884626_n.jpg

dankir

Seriously nobody posted pics of Hot Toys Hulk???

Come on homies!! LOOK AT THIS SUM'BITCH!!

Hot-Toys-Avengers-Movie-Hulk-002_1343319576.jpg

Hot-Toys-Avengers-Movie-Hulk-004_1343319576.jpg

Hot-Toys-Avengers-Movie-Hulk-008_1343319576.jpg

Looks like he's the same size as Iron Monger, going to be pricey!

dankir

OMG... that Avengers set is amazing...

My wallet will spontaneously combust if I had all of that, as would probably my room lol.

I've pre-ordered them all and soon to add the Hulk and Mark VII, with shipping it's easily going to be about 1500-1700 for the set. Thank god they are spaced out though.

SUPARSTARX

Dat ass.

I don't think Hulk will be anywhere near Iron Monger's price. Thing has very little articulation and is just a glorified statue. I think we can maybe expect Hulk to be around the Avatar range of like $320 to $350.

dankir

I've read that the Hulk figure will have multiple arms or that there is articulation beneath the skin.

Full stop motion animation using Hot Toys Batman Figures made by hot toys, really fucking cool!

Preview of a new Jim Gordon figure too!

Batman:Dark Knightfall Trailer

I've pre-ordered them all and soon to add the Hulk and Mark VII, with shipping it's easily going to be about 1500-1700 for the set. Thank god they are spaced out though.

Yeah, I skipped out on Fury, CA and Mark VI. Still deciding if I want to get Thor, since he's due in December with Black Widow. Loki is also questionable. But for sure I'm getting Mark VII and Coulson. Hulk... I have no room. T_T

SUPARSTARX

I've read that the Hulk figure will have multiple arms or that there is articulation beneath the skin.

Full stop motion animation using Hot Toys Batman Figures made by hot toys, really fucking cool!

Preview of a new Jim Gordon figure too!

Batman:Dark Knightfall Trailer

There's a regular outfit on the Gordon figure. They're putting preorders out for the SWAT Gordon for $225 which is ridiculous.

If the Hulk has multiple arms then that's good because I was wondering how they would get past the no articulated arm bit. Good good. Now please don't go over $300. Sp00by pls

zoku88

Speaking of Wonfes, isn't the next one in like 2 days? Can't wait.

Also, I can't imagine being able to paint that figure. Those gradients...

Just bought these from a local store for $4.50 (for all 3). Didn't know what was inside until I opened the boxes:

jE8PqJqqIUMf3.jpg

Sorry for the crap image, I didn't care too much to get proper light on Eva 01. I do enjoy buying these little guys and not knowing what's inside.

Edit - I just realized I didn't push Batou's collar down, now he looks like a d-bag. :|

Ultimadrago

Just bought these from a local store for $4.50 (for all 3). Didn't know what was inside until I opened the boxes:

jE8PqJqqIUMf3.jpg

Sorry for the crap image, I didn't care too much to get proper light on Eva 01. I do enjoy buying these little guys and not knowing what's inside.

Edit - I just realized I didn't push Batou's collar down, now he looks like a d-bag. :|

Neat pick ups!

Ultimadrago

A Chie figure (comes in white-resin) someone posted me on:

SiFx5.jpg

M70h8.jpg

http://eightbeam.exblog.jp/

I only have Google Translate, but I think it says they will be selling this at a Wonder Festival this July 29th. If I am incorrect, someone please tell me.

Anyhow, this is finally a Chie figure that appeals to me. Sadly, it might be an event-exclusive (if I read the broken translation right) and I believe it does not come pre-painted anyways (though I might have also gotten this wrong in translation).

If so, then the wait will continue!

MCD

A Chie figure (comes in white-resin) someone posted me on:

SiFx5.jpg

M70h8.jpg

http://eightbeam.exblog.jp/

I only have Google Translate, but I think it says they will be selling this at a Wonder Festival this July 29th. If I am incorrect, someone please tell me.

Anyhow, this is finally a Chie figure that appeals to me. Sadly, it might be an event-exclusive (if I read the broken translation right) and I believe it does not come pre-painted anyways (though I might have also gotten this wrong in translation).

If so, then the wait will continue!

Just wait for Megahouse. They already did Yukiko and the main character along with their Personas so it's only a matter of time for the rest of the cast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom