• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultimadrago

EPcxZ.jpg

I missed this Summer Wonfest teaser pic from Goodsmile.

Update: Hakase reveal

9emk1.jpg

"You are already [pre-ordered]."

He looks amazing! I am getting him for sure. Can I get a StarFox next please? PLEASE!

Avengers and Spiderman figmas coming. My wallet is crying
http://twitpic.com/acx7gq
http://twitpic.com/acx6f8
After I got my Samus Aran Figma, I am sold on Figmas of my favorite characters. The Avengers will definitely be mine!

Zone of the Enders
Shit. Who's the manufacture?

Edit.: Any Eureka Seven AO's figures announcement?

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
R u Donald Trump?
Haha, no. Since the figures come out at such a sporadic rate, it's not like I'm dropping all that money at once. Pre-ordering the regular figures doesn't cost anything, since they don't charge you until they ship. If I'm lucky, I might get one a month, but I doubt it. With how slow Hot Toys has been at releasing these things, I bet I won't see most of these until next year or in the case like the Hulk figure, 2014.

What sites do you guys use to buy your figs from? I found this one which beats every online retailer I could find...

http://www.cornerstorecomics.com/index.cfm

They have the Avengers figs for up to 20 bucks cheaper than Sideshow's website.

SUPARSTARX

Haha, no. Since the figures come out at such a sporadic rate, it's not like I'm dropping all that money at once. Pre-ordering the regular figures doesn't cost anything, since they don't charge you until they ship. If I'm lucky, I might get one a month, but I doubt it. With how slow Hot Toys has been at releasing these things, I bet I won't see most of these until next year or in the case like the Hulk figure, 2014.

What sites do you guys use to buy your figs from? I found this one which beats every online retailer I could find...

http://www.cornerstorecomics.com/index.cfm

They have the Avengers figs for up to 20 bucks cheaper than Sideshow's website.

Mostly just Sideshow and Alter Ego Comics. I stick with Sideshow for the free ship sometimes and reward points and initial releases. It comes out to nearly the same.

I've been unable to find info on it from this WonFes, but I assume/hope it's the Riobot stuff we heard about back in February.

They would compliment the Revoltechs nicely, like that Vector Cannon one that just came out. (And is awesome as hell.)
Oh yeah. I am waiting for them since February. They were the reason why I have not ordered the Koto kits. I hope we will hear more about the release schedule. :)

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Mostly just Sideshow and Alter Ego Comics. I stick with Sideshow for the free ship sometimes and reward points and initial releases. It comes out to nearly the same.
Looks like Alter Ego and Cornerstore have the same prices for all the Hot Toys figs. Must be the lowest they can go and still make a profit.

AMUSIX

Is anyone getting this beast?

400189_press03-001.jpg

I have quite a few Sideshow figures, and the Maquettes are certainly my favorite type (can't say I like the fabrics on the PFFs) but this guy is just a giant...

Product Size:
25.5" H (647.7mm) x 17.25" W (438.15mm) x 18" L (457.2mm)*
Product Weight:
40.00 lbs (18.14 kg)*

I mean, over two feet tall, a foot and a half across, and 40 freaking pounds...

SUPARSTARX

So that Enterbay 1/4 Batman Begins Batman fig and Dark Knight Joker are up for pre-order at Big Bad Toy Store for 450 bucks

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=ENB10057&mode=retail

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=ENB10058&mode=retail

Didn't think they would go that high with the 1/4th scale figs as the 1/6th ones are 180-250.

Preliminary pricing as stated.

This is expected to go for $359 to $399.

Enterbay struck a deal with Diamond Comics Distribution, which has quite some presence in the comic store department so it's possible we can get these things cheaper without shouldering priority international shipping fees.

And BBTS kind of overprices things. I think they have the Terminator 1/4 set at $500 for preorders. I got mine for $350+shipping direct from Enterbay. Talk about markup.

Rootbeer

Banned
What! No way! I must own that Pit to go with my new Samus and Skyward Sword Link :D :D

I'm not sure if I am going to take the Hot Toys plunge. That's some serious money. And while the sculpting is at times very impressive, I still get an uncanny valley feeling from them at times.

NEO0MJ

It looks like Fewture is finally making EX Gokin versions of the Getter G trio, starting with Dragon! Can't wait for this, Dragon was probably my fav' Getter Robo.

29ge42w.jpg

Hero

Just got my Samus figma and Zero Suit Samus PVC statue in the mail. They're both gorgeous and awesome.

First Figma ever and I love it, so very articulated and detailed!

The statue's colors are very vibrant and has a solid construction to it.

Think I just started down a slippery slope.

SUPARSTARX

Got the ZS Samus and Figma Metroid. So nice! FZ Gecko Moria also showed up. I officially have the entire set of Warlords in FZ format together now. Missing FZ TS Franky... bitch is out of production or something? So dumb.

Just got my Samus figma and Zero Suit Samus PVC statue in the mail. They're both gorgeous and awesome.

First Figma ever and I love it, so very articulated and detailed!

The statue's colors are very vibrant and has a solid construction to it.

Think I just started down a slippery slope.

Well good thing that there's a Pit figma coming, right? :)

Beth Cyra

It looks like Fewture is finally making EX Gokin versions of the Getter G trio, starting with Dragon! Can't wait for this, Dragon was probably my fav' Getter Robo.

29ge42w.jpg

OMG OMG OMG.

Dragon looks so fucking AMAZING. I NEED THIS IN MY LIFE!!!

Any price or release date announced?

Hero

Well good thing that there's a Pit figma coming, right? :)

Yeah, I already have the Skyward Sword Link Figma on pre-order, will pre-order a Pit as well.

They need to do more Nintendo characters. Talked to Gryphter about it this past weekend. Captain Falcon, the Star Fox cast and the Fire Emblem characters would make great candidates for Figmas.

Yeah, I already have the Skyward Sword Link Figma on pre-order, will pre-order a Pit as well.

They need to do more Nintendo characters. Talked to Gryphter about it this past weekend. Captain Falcon, the Star Fox cast and the Fire Emblem characters would make great candidates for Figmas.

To be honest, I'm actually surprised that Nintendo Figmas were even made but it was a good move overall and yes, more Figma or Nendodroids based on Nintendo properties would be awesome.

I'd kill for a Lucas nendodroid.

Kinda tired of Saber figures but I absolutely love this:

560887_507983539217564_99447286_n.jpg

and here's another shot of the Okami sculpture!

527390_507988125883772_1451253223_n.jpg

I'm not at all familiar with the Saber figure/character(?) you mention but that does look rad.

That statue is nice, however i'd love an Amaterasu figures though...Maybe in the same vein as the Red XIII Play Arts figure from Square a few years back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom