• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyRiven

w096.jpg

Oh HEY, they are also releasing a BLACK PIT Figma. Well then.

LadyRiven

Haha, yeah, it's going to cost a small fortune. But I've wanted a high quality Belldandy figure for so long that I know I'll pay whatever it ends up being.

True that. I remember lots of Holy Bell garage kits back in the day that made me drool. Of course that was before PVCs became popular (thank god they did) and I don't trust myself to ever put together a garage kit correctly. I had a friend who did buy an absolutely enormous Bell GK one time but I don't know if he ever finished it.

cajunator

Banned
Haha, yeah, it's going to cost a small fortune. But I've wanted a high quality Belldandy figure for so long that I know I'll pay whatever it ends up being.

I know that feeling.
I missed preorders for Saber Lily and had to resort to paying $250 on Ebay. Even the fakes cost over 100!!

Ban Puncher

Has anyone had either of their Samus figures shipped from Play-Asia? My AmiAmi ones were in stock two weeks ago, just waiting for another part of the order to arrive before shipping, but PA sure seem to be taking their sweet time. Getting kinda antsy as the PA order is for a friend's birthday in a couple of weeks.

LadyRiven

I know that feeling.
I missed preorders for Saber Lily and had to resort to paying $250 on Ebay. Even the fakes cost over 100!!

Is it the Distant Avalon Saber Lily that is being re-released? I know that feel. My most wanted figure in the universe is GoodSmile Company's Holo from Spice and Wolf and I am probably never going to get her unless I get some kind of deal on Yahoo Japan. She is always listed on eBay for like $400. I managed to get Cospa Holo cheap there because she had a 'damaged box' which was literally just a tiny scrape. (I can't say I care much about the boxes either way).

cajunator

Banned
Is it the Distant Avalon Saber Lily that is being re-released? I know that feel. My most wanted figure in the universe is GoodSmile Company's Holo from Spice and Wolf and I am probably never going to get her unless I get some kind of deal on Yahoo Japan. She is always listed on eBay for like $400. I managed to get Cospa Holo cheap there because she had a 'damaged box' which was literally just a tiny scrape. (I can't say I care much about the boxes either way).
Nah I preferred the saber lily with armor.
Thats the one I got.
Theres a chinese knockoff that goes for a lot of money.
Also do you have a pic of this Holo figure? I might want it.

cajunator

Banned
Ok I found the figure of GSC Holo.
So cute.
I could afford that but she's not that great of a figure to command that kind of money.

LadyRiven

So cute.
I could afford that but she's not that great of a figure to command that kind of money.

It's hands down the best figure of Holo. Holo being my favorite anime character, it's my most-wanted figure. But I've never wanted any figure enough to pay over $200 for it. It's not so much about affordability. Maybe someday. For now, I'd rather spend that amount of money on... something else.

Salsa

well my hand came back to the status of finger hovering over clicking the "buy" button on all the damn NECA TMNT line.

years since I wanted them, but I reaaaaaaaaally shouldnt buy them right now

I need to like, go to sleep quick

cajunator

Banned
It's hands down the best figure of Holo. Holo being my favorite anime character, it's my most-wanted figure. But I've never wanted any figure enough to pay over $200 for it. It's not so much about affordability. Maybe someday. For now, I'd rather spend that amount of money on... something else.

It is a nice figure but I can wait for it to come down.
It most likely will eventually.

So cute.

Where are you seeing this available at? I have been wanting this figure for a while. I agree with Riven that it's pretty much the best Holo figure that has been produced so far. I have the Kotobukiya figure which is probably the second best and also the Plush.

NEO0MJ

OMG OMG OMG.

Dragon looks so fucking AMAZING. I NEED THIS IN MY LIFE!!!

Any price or release date announced?

No release date or price yet, but it will probably be late 2013. Here a few more pics.

EX-GOKIN_GETTA2_CMS.jpg

WF_SUMMER_2012_524.jpg

And the remaining two. looks like Mr.Sato never really got far with redesigning them, though.

EX-GOKIN_GETTA3_CMS.jpg

LadyRiven

Where are you seeing this available at? I have been wanting this figure for a while. I agree with Riven that it's pretty much the best Holo figure that has been produced so far. I have the Kotobukiya figure which is probably the second best and also the Plush.

There are always a few on eBay, usually hovering around the $400 range. There's some up now as low as $350 and as high as $1,630, lol

She came in #10 place of most wanted scale figure re-release in GSC's recent poll, but I'd be very surprised if they actually decide to re-release her. They're too busy re-releasing every single Saber figure.

Beth Cyra

No release date or price yet, but it will probably be late 2013. Here a few more pics.

EX-GOKIN_GETTA2_CMS.jpg

WF_SUMMER_2012_524.jpg

And the remaining two. looks like Mr.Sato never really got far with redesigning them, though.

EX-GOKIN_GETTA3_CMS.jpg

Yeah I found another message board that had a decent amount of info about it as well as people who had dealt with the company before.

Already budgeting around 750$ for Dragon. I really hope that I can sang a preorder from one of the online retailers so I can avoid the even crazier Ebay prices. I'm doubtful though. Regardless though Dragon will be mine.

Now I just hope and pray that Fewture will eventually do my favorite Super (Grendizer) but I don't know if Sato ever did something for that particular robot or if Fewture would do a different variant of him.

Still the artist who redesigned that Dragon is amazing. I wish I had saw more of the man's work before he passed on.

LadyRiven

tumblr_m80ff1w0U31qzdctco1_500.jpg

Yamato's Velvet from Odin Sphere is getting re-released. My BF is gonna flip. His most wanted figure along with Momohime. So excited!

Welp, Sideshow just charged me for my Mark VII deposit. $25 is all it took to secure a figure for me and I couldn't be more thrilled lol.
o(^▽^)o

maomaoIYP

tumblr_m80ff1w0U31qzdctco1_500.jpg

Yamato's Velvet from Odin Sphere is getting re-released. My BF is gonna flip. His most wanted figure along with Momohime. So excited!

I held off getting this the last time because I was holding out for a Velvet figure from Alter that was to scale...

edit: up and coming Kongiku from Alter looks great.
wf2012s_0607.jpg

So does their Misty figure.
wf2012s_1714.jpg

cajunator

Banned

I have the Holo figure that is...ermm.. not work safe. She is leaning against some boxes with her tail covering up her naughty bits.
I still might pay a stupid amount for that GSC Holo figure in the future. Depends on if it ever goes down in price or not. If it takes too long, then Ill just bite the bullet.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I been looking at Sideshow Collectibles sites ... Getting ideas. I need to stop before I spend truck loads of money.

But uh.. anyone have Hot Toys Boba Fett?

I been looking at Sideshow Collectibles sites ... Getting ideas. I need to stop before I spend truck loads of money.

But uh.. anyone have Hot Toys Boba Fett?
You mean this one?
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=2128

I don't own it, but I messed with the one at work and it's very cool. It's not Hot Toys, it's just from Sideshow's own 1/6 scale figure line. When you first see them in the box they look kinda crappy, but once you get them out and put them in some more human like poses and the get the clothing to look naturally wrinkled they look a heck of a lot better.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You mean this one?
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=2128

I don't own it, but I messed with the one at work and it's very cool. It's not Hot Toys, it's just from Sideshow's own 1/6 scale figure line. When you first see them in the box they look kinda crappy, but once you get them out and put them in some more human like poses and the get the clothing to look naturally wrinkled they look a heck of a lot better.

Yeah, I wanna get IG, Boba, and Bossk, but I don't even have like a case for them.

Ultimadrago

When ordering from AmiAmi, is it better to pay directly from my credit card or use PayPal?

Depends.

PayPal - AmiAmi gives you seven days from date of invoice delivery (through email usually) to pay through PayPal. If you need arm room or a few days to get your funds together, this is a good option. Also good for pre-orders if you don't know what the weight of the item is yet, therefore the shipping cost is also unknown. The time gives you an ability to see the full price and prepare to pay rather than have a possible "surprise" with shipping costs.

Credit Card - If you know for sure you will have the money for the item plus shipping available and want things "one and done." Credit card will simply be charged. No extra steps on your end.

cajunator

Banned
I just go credit card for online stores and paypal for ebay. Whichever way gets the item paid for quickest and my figurines in a box shipping over here.

Spike

Cool, thanks for the info, guys. I'm always hesitant to send out my CC info, but from all accounts it seems that AmiAmi is reliable and reputable.

First4Figures are taking their sweet time with Ganondorf.

They take their sweet time with EVERYTHING.

I want to see another Metroid Gunship from them. I now own both but FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF they are so nice. Gimme a third one. Something awesome like the whacky looking Fusion one.

------------

Anywho, GAF.

wf2012s_227-noscale.jpg

This is shit hot, but it's a garage kit.

Having never found an intermediary for orders of things like this, where do you guys suggest I order through?

Ken

Cool, thanks for the info, guys. I'm always hesitant to send out my CC info, but from all accounts it seems that AmiAmi is reliable and reputable.

They also have pretty good customer service. They have a no order cancellation policy, but one of their CS representatives helped me cancel something when I had trouble paying it off one time.

LadyRiven

I have the Holo figure that is...ermm.. not work safe. She is leaning against some boxes with her tail covering up her naughty bits.
I still might pay a stupid amount for that GSC Holo figure in the future. Depends on if it ever goes down in price or not. If it takes too long, then Ill just bite the bullet.

It's only ever gone up in price, over the years. I haven't totally given up on a re-issue, though, since now GSC knows that she was a pretty popular figure that is still sought after highly.

I really like the CM's Corp Holo. A lot of people have mixed opinions of it, but I find her adorable!

LadyRiven

I held off getting this the last time because I was holding out for a Velvet figure from Alter that was to scale...

edit: up and coming Kongiku from Alter looks great.
wf2012s_0607.jpg

I didn't even notice until now that Velvet is 1/6 scale, which is pretty great. Every photo I've ever seen of her looks fantastic.

I'm surprised they still haven't revealed a colored version of Kongiku; I could swear she was first revealed 2 WonFeses ago now. C'mon, Alter!

They take their sweet time with EVERYTHING.

I want to see another Metroid Gunship from them. I now own both but FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF they are so nice. Gimme a third one. Something awesome like the whacky looking Fusion one.

------------

Anywho, GAF.

wf2012s_227-noscale.jpg

This is shit hot, but it's a garage kit.

Having never found an intermediary for orders of things like this, where do you guys suggest I order through?

Who's making the kit?

AMUSIX

For the storage discussion, if you want to spend a little more, some of the best I've found are Ikea Billy bookcases. Get the large ones (I think 2' across) and the aluminum-framed 2' square doors to match. The bookcase gives you a lot of options for lighting, and the doors come with inserts that you can just drop in if you want to hide your collection from certain company (I have quite a few adult figures, so when my mother-in-law visits, they get covered.

This is a really horrible shot of it...just ignore the mardi gras mask, and the plush lion and tiger (only in Kenya!) they are there to block the NSFW figures. Also, ignore all the dust...I currently live in a construction zone. So, yeah, ignore a lot, but it does show the room inside the case, enough to have a functional half shelf, as well as hold figures as big as that 2' tall Jessica, and, in this case, shows the doors with the inserts currently in.
2DmWEl.jpg

Hmmm, to see it better, this is not my collection, but does show the right bookcase. The doors I use are big square ones that go all the way across, but have the same aluminum trim as the double doors this guy is using:
Kkkitl.jpg

However, I am about to upgrade the display for my sideshow figures...currently building this in the hallway:
INFajl.jpg

The bottom two long bays are figure storage with doors. The upper bays will display 16-18 statues at a time, along with some books and other things.

wait...when does this become a sickness?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom