• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

sca2511

2DmWEl.jpg

Hmmm, to see it better, this is not my collection, but does show the right bookcase. The doors I use are big square ones that go all the way across, but have the same aluminum trim as the double doors this guy is using:
Kkkitl.jpg

Yeah, was also thinking of buying an extra Billy book case just for my figures. Just needed ideas for the lighting and doors. Your picture and example solidified my decision. Thanks.

Wow, three different Kats. I hope the best looking one is mass produced eventually.

But, wtf@ Figma Slayer, Zappa and Sol? What a random selection. Of course, it's nice to actually get male figures, buy why not Blazblue?

Yeah, was also thinking of buying an extra Billy book case just for my figures. Just needed ideas for the lighting and doors. Your picture and example solidified my decision. Thanks.

How easy is it to add doors/lights? I desperately need more shelves and cases and dig the way that guys set up looks.

AMUSIX

How easy is it to add doors/lights? I desperately need more shelves and cases and dig the way that guys set up looks.

Doors are incredibly easy. Pick them up at IKEA, and they're designed to just screw into place. A few adjustments make them perfectly straight.

Lighting can be very simple (again, Ikea, puck lights, stick on with included tape) or can be a touch more involved. The way the guy has his billy cabinet, are just small puck lights stuck to the bottom of each shelf. Get some black or dark brown tape to cover the wires with, and they'll pretty much disappear.

The way I have my lighting is a bit different. I wanted two vertical strips of LEDs on the left and right front of the cabinet facing in. But, to do that correctly, you want to have a small reveal in order to hide the lights when looking at the cabinet from the front. I went to Home Depot, bought some inverse quarter round trim (bottom left trim here: http://loghomeshoppe.com/images/products/trim/trimcove.gif), cut it to size, painted it, and mounted it into place, then mounted the LED strips (again, from IKEA) to it. I did it this way, because I didn't like the harsh shadows just lights from above create.

So, yeah, overall, I'd say very easy. One lighting way takes less than an hour, the other takes about two.

Thanks for that info, AMUSIX...I think I'm going to buy some. I'm completely out of space and have too much cool shit in boxes. I'm a serious toy addict.

Got my Samus Figma and Zero Suit Samus PVC. I had no idea figmas were that small...not that I wouldn't have bought this Samus Figma anyway. Now I know what to expect with Link and Pit. I think my favorite piece of Metroid merch is the Samus statue from First 4. So good!

AMUSIX

Just gotta say I LOVE your Jessica Rabbit (I always gawk over those when I go to Disney World) and also Gwendolyn. :D

One of my favorites...actually just got the notice that Sideshow just shipped this one out today, so now I'll have two Jessica figures...
300107_press04-001.jpg

johnsmith

remember me
So with Velvet getting rereleased I'm tempted to pick up the Yamato version Mercedes too, just to have all 3 of the Odin Sphere girls. I already have Gwendolyn. But Mercedes looks so plain in comparison. Does anybody have all 3? Do you guys think she's worth it?

maomaoIYP

So with Velvet getting rereleased I'm tempted to pick up the Yamato version Mercedes too, just to have all 3 of the Odin Sphere girls. I already have Gwendolyn. But Mercedes looks so plain in comparison. Does anybody have all 3? Do you guys think she's worth it?

I think she's terribly plain compared to the Alter version. Gwen as well actually.
odinsphere_mercedes_alter_wxp.jpg

Ken

FIG-IPN-3376.jpg

Kind of want. Thought about just impulse buying it after seeing it for the first time right now.

And now it's sold out from AmiAmi. I should have just ordered it when I had the chance. T.T

Not a big deal but anyone getting the 3A MG Rex that wants a scale human(considering the cockpit is empty)
might want to look into the Human Alliance transformer figures they will be pretty close. half the size of GI JOEs with good articulation.

I might cancel it and get the Kotobukiya one though because its cheaper and even has a Liquid, Snake, Fox, and crushed Fox
kmgr.jpg

Need it right now...

Not a big deal but anyone getting the 3A MG Rex that wants a scale human(considering the cockpit is empty)
might want to look into the Human Alliance transformer figures they will be pretty close.
Snake is in the cockpit.

I am jealous because my brother bought that monster. I cannot wait to see it in Person.

might want to look into the Human Alliance transformer figures they will be pretty close. half the size of GI JOEs with good articulation.

I might cancel it and get the Kotobukiya one though because its cheaper and even has a Liquid, Snake, Fox, and crushed Fox
kmgr.jpg

Need it right now...

Wait, I ordered directly from Three-A. Does this mean I don't get cool mini-figures?

Wait, I ordered directly from Three-A. Does this mean I don't get cool mini-figures?

Directly from 3A you get an Old Snake figure.

the image I posted is of a different, smaller cheaper Rex from a different company that includes Snake, Liquid and both Fox.

3A is 1/48

Kotobukiya, listed as 1/100 but everyone is saying its more 1/78
around $100.

Hero

To those experienced with AmiAmi:

I decided I want to get additional Link Figmas when I only pre-ordered one. It says they can't cancel my order but I don't want to place a separate new order and get banged for shipping twice. Can I just e-mail them to alter my order?

johnsmith

remember me
Put in a new order and combine them. You can do that yourself, either as you're submitting your order or after by going into your order management after logging in.

Ultimadrago

To those experienced with AmiAmi:

I decided I want to get additional Link Figmas when I only pre-ordered one. It says they can't cancel my order but I don't want to place a separate new order and get banged for shipping twice. Can I just e-mail them to alter my order?

I've never checked into it myself, but try the "Combine Orders by month" option in Account under Modify Orders.
See if there are signs that you can combine according to the month that your "final figure" in the desired bulk is in-stock.

It could also just mean they only create bulk orders for figures that release in the same month. I'm not positive.
I would email them for good measure. In my experience, you'll get a response within 24 hours.

Edit: Or what johnsmith shared, he's more familiar with these sites than I.

Hero

Put in a new order and combine them. You can do that yourself, either as you're submitting your order or after by going into your order management after logging in.

I've never checked into it myself, but try the "Combine Orders by month" option in Account under Modify Orders.
See if there are signs that you can combine according to the month that your "final figure" in the desired bulk is in-stock.

It could also just mean they only create bulk orders for figures that release in the same month. I'm not positive.
I would email them for good measure. In my experience, you'll get a response within 24 hours.

Edit: Or what johnsmith shared, he's more familiar with these sites than I.

Great, thanks for the help! After seeing what happened with the Samus figma I don't want to miss out. The possibility of my current Samus figma getting lost or broken and having to spend over 2x for a replacement is scary. I can't imagine how some of you guys feel with your 200+ statues and figures.

From Wonder Festival 2012, new Lineage II figures coming 2013, 1/7 scale.

QzN6s.jpg

NsKer.jpg

UIODo.jpg

xt6iU.jpg

ZM4ma.jpg

x40ww.jpg

They look simply exquisite. A few years ago I came close to buying the limited edition dark elf from Orchid Seed.

From what I can tell, this is Max Factory's version of the elf and dark elf. Minor complaint about the elf's hands... I have no idea what she is trying to do but it looks playful. If they look great in color, instant buy!

johnsmith

remember me
Anyone got the Metroid figmas still available? I'm getting jack of Play-Asia's whole lotta nothing.

Sold out everywhere. If you keep checking it *might* come back in stock for a bit at the big 3 Japanese shops, as people at MFC have been reporting, but the odds aren't good.

Ridiculous reseller prices are the only sure thing.

Ban Puncher

Out of stock everywhere and stupid eBay pricing.

Will send a sternly worded email to PA asking them to get their arse in gear.

EDIT - Sod it, order cancelled and sourced from elsewhere. PA continues to become more irrelevant.

Out of stock everywhere and stupid eBay pricing.

Will send a sternly worded email to PA asking them to get their arse in gear.

EDIT - Sod it, order cancelled and sourced from elsewhere. PA continues to become more irrelevant.

We just posted some Figma Samus and the Samus statue AT RETAIL www.nakamatoys.com along with some other Figma items. I don't get the point of having a store if your just going to sell at ebay prices. Just put it on eBay.

Whoa, hope you guys got one! The Samus Figma are all gone, we still have the Zero Suit Statue though

The moment you buy your first figure =D

Can we take time off from work then?

"Sorry can't make it in today, I'm sick because I've bought ANOTHER figure :("

I have already outgrown my detolf that I bought...last month. Need another two I worked out, so going to have to get another order in soon, end of year hot toys release is not being nice to me.

NEO0MJ

Just got my D-Arts Boba f-errr Vile! First D-art for me. Paint is great and the figure is mostly solid but the right canon is flimsy. Still, a nice figure.

Can't believe though that I never noticed the lack of hand cannon before, which is my biggest disappointment with this figure. Don't tell me they plan to release a Vile 2.0!

Yazuka

Just got my D-Arts Boba f-errr Vile! First D-art for me. Paint is great and the figure is mostly solid but the right canon is flimsy. Still, a nice figure.

Can't believe though that I never noticed the lack of hand cannon before, which is my biggest disappointment with this figure. Don't tell me they plan to release a Vile 2.0!

Wait, what? Since when does Vile have a hand cannon? Have I missed something? From what I can remember Vile has never had an arm/hand cannon. He has his shoulder cannon instead. *confused*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom