• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its kind of crazy to see how much more expensive boutique western figures are compared to the GSC/alter/Kotobukiya anime ones I like to get. The cost of that Ganondorf is many times more than the most expensive Japanese figurines save for extremely limited/rare ones.

that Ganondorf is 1/4 scale, though. It says 23" tall, which I'm sure is the reason for the high price. Probably a lot heavier, too.

Zampano

Hey geek gaf. I'm currently in the middle of a MGS fan binge and want to pick up some figures. Specifically I'd like to get get one figure to represent each games: MGS-MGS4, plus PW. That's five figures total. What are the best figures for each game, if money is no barrier? Any advice appreciated!

GOLD5

Neo Member
Hey geek gaf. I'm currently in the middle of a MGS fan binge and want to pick up some figures. Specifically I'd like to get get one figure to represent each games: MGS-MGS4, plus PW. That's five figures total. What are the best figures for each game, if money is no barrier? Any advice appreciated!

New Hot Toys Snake and the Boss 12" figures seems to me they're the best looking figures.. :)

Coming this Winter:
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HOT10392&mode=retail

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HOT10391&mode=retail

For MGS1, you can look at the Play Arts Kai lineup from Square Enix. They have Grey Fox, Solid Snake and Meryl.

Hot Toys have Naked Snake and Boss from MGS3.

I'm hoping for Hot Toys to come up with their own version of Grey Fox one day.

Ban Puncher

Got my Samus figma's last week, they are hella rad. Won't post pictures because there are already a few on the thread but they truly are spiffy.

Next up this month, Tekkaman Blade and Evil figmas and a couple of Yotsuba& Danbo variants. Shelves bulge - wallet weeps.

Play Arts. has
Peace Walker-Many different Big Bosses & Kaz along with the mechs
MGS1-Snake, Meryl, Fox
MGS2-Solidus
MGR-Raiden

the medicom statue figures(5-7') are nice also.
udf_mgs_set.jpg

2__42848_zoom.jpg

SUPARSTARX

HT Avengers Nick Fury has landed!! Alert geekGAF, shit just got real.
7784263208_0f6420313d_b.jpg

Good sculpt. Unique looking enough where they didn't make the faces too flawless and 3d model looking.
7784265324_8615314501_b.jpg

7784265762_ca29ba66de_b.jpg

Suit case for Tesseract lights up!
7784263772_c1e1c36182_b.jpg

Nice amount of accessories along with different poseable hands.
7784264740_64eb946b88_b.jpg

Pending full Avengers team collection.
7784266350_1fac36ebee_b.jpg

"Describe what Marsellus Wallace looks like!!"
7784275644_7274aa4963_b.jpg

DemiMatt

Just do it big.

The hot toys figures that people have listed. . . . . maybe the Square Enix Play Arts . . . but definitely the Three A Rex with Kubricks :)

901831_press01-001.jpg

DemiMatt

2 more weeks . . . cannot wait! He will look nice next to my Iron Monger (when he arrives). If you PO'd offa Bambaland you get a special Solid Snake figure that sits in the cockpit.

sophora

How does pre-ordering at Sideshow work? Do I have to pay asap or when the pre-order starts shipping?

Haven't completed an order with them since I had to cancel because I found a better deal somewhere else, but they charge you at the time of shipping. At least I believe they do.

Reclaimer

They charge you at shipping time, but at preorder time they put a non-refundable charge of the first $40 of the purchase (at least this is how it's working ont the new premium line)

johnsmith

remember me
Just got this in the mail today. I think I'm done collecting Marvel Bishoujos unless they announce new ones. The remaining ones I don't own are just variants, or figures I don't really like, or characters I don't really know.
YE4ay.jpg

I have
Psylocke
Emma Frost
Ms. Marvel (original and binary)
Black Widow
Phoenix
Jean Grey
Mystique
Scarlet Witch
Storm
Rogue

Now the question is, do I start collecting DC bishoujos? There's a few I really like. Wonder Woman, Poison Ivy, and Huntress are all top notch.

Now the question is, do I start collecting DC bishoujos? There's a few I really like. Wonder Woman, Poison Ivy, and Huntress are all top notch.

I would say yes. I have Batgirl (black ver.), Catwoman, and Poison Ivy, and I think they look amazing. I'm just waiting for Harley Quinn and Huntress to round out my Batman universe.

Nikashi

Banned
Pickups from Anime Revolution today! (Already had the Fei-Yun Miku, she just wanted into the shot)

pickups.jpg

Yes, I FINALLY have a basic Hatsune Miku figma! Woot woot!

speedline

Banned
I'm sticking to the Batman and fighting game Bishoujo stuff for now. They all look great but I don't have that much space.

Same here although I do plan to pick up Huntress and possibly Power Girl. I have Batgirl, Catwoman, Wonder Woman, and Poison Ivy from DC along with the Christie tekken Bishoujo. I am really looking forward to seeing the Street Fighter Bishoujo's more than anything right now although I would jump for the chance to get a Starfire Bishoujo if they were to release one. Not enough room for all these!

SUPARSTARX

Same here although I do plan to pick up Huntress and possibly Power Girl. I have Batgirl, Catwoman, Wonder Woman, and Poison Ivy from DC along with the Christie tekken Bishoujo. I am really looking forward to seeing the Street Fighter Bishoujo's more than anything right now although I would jump for the chance to get a Starfire Bishoujo if they were to release one. Not enough room for all these!

I hope they reissue Catwoman. I'm definitely going to pick up Huntress and Harley Quinn.

And this just arrived! Woot.

7808397584_75ecb91352_b.jpg

7808398160_d211233364_c.jpg

Caesnd

So I just pre-ordered the VF-4G:

My first figure ever, And probably the only one for a while. I long wanted a fully transformable VF for reference when drawing (I like to draw mecha! especially Macross ones), and the VF-4G has the best design IMO. Had to go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom