• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.
7482933pjuuf.jpg
10189441a44auno.jpg

Never bought any figures before, but I saw this and was suddenly inspired to change that. Pre-ordered it from Hobby Search. I don't know anything about ordering/importing these things so if that was a bad move then kindly let me know so I can fix it.

For the unaware, it's
Ultimate Madoka from Puella Magi Madoka Magica.

All the Hot Toys chatter here made me go check out their site.

I can't believe they made a Ghost Rider figure.

Here's to hoping they make a Spirit of Vengeance figure. I'll snatch that bad boy up. :3

This is tempting...I missed out on last year's Hatsune Miku Super GT Race Queen figma since I don't live in Japan but this year's figure is available to order internationally (orders close TODAY though...!!!):

Yre7l.jpg

I have to admit I like the look of last year's figma a little bit more:

llONM.jpg

Just got an update from BBTS that they found a domestic source for Figma Samus and they;ve dropped the price to $49.99 when they get them in stock.

johnsmith

remember me
Got the Megahouse Yukiko today. I like her in person better than in the pictures. Maybe should have passed on her though. I don't like her nearly as much as the Alter version that I missed out on. Hopefully that one will be rereleased one day.
E6Tq6.jpg

Man, do I need to get a real camera.

The figuarts Chie was shipped the same day, hopefully I'll get that soon.

Just got an update from BBTS that they found a domestic source for Figma Samus and they;ve dropped the price to $49.99 when they get them in stock.

I gave up on ordering that kind of stuff from them when my Figma Kurisu preorder kept getting pushed back
from August of last year till I cancelled it around May.

cajunator

Banned
Never bought any figures before, but I saw this and was suddenly inspired to change that. Pre-ordered it from Hobby Search. I don't know anything about ordering/importing these things so if that was a bad move then kindly let me know so I can fix it.

For the unaware, it's
Ultimate Madoka from Puella Magi Madoka Magica.

Ive preordered several figures over the past two years from hobby Search. they are an excellent company.
I also preordered that and the Penguin Drum Crystal Princess, both of which are going to take up a LOT of space.
Its a very painless process, aside from how much these figures cost. that one in particular.

SUPARSTARX

Mmm just got the 2nd Taito Prize figures for Persona 4 Anime. Includes Rise Kujikawa and Nanako Dojima haha. My Chie/Yukiko set is still boxed.

Pooka1345393152.jpeg

Shepard and Garrus arrived today. They're pretty heavy and stiff, but that's OK. Shepard's face is pretty awful and Garrus doesn't like to stand up on his own. I've got a set of stands arriving Friday which will help display them.

s192Sl.jpg

dZDhZl.jpg

MBwmql.jpg

that face... is so bad lol

VO2Cdl.jpg

hN4K1l.jpg

looking forward to Tali coming out soon

Garrus looks awesome.

He does look good which is comforting for Tali's fig, which I preordered. He's so damn top heavy and the character design has him standing on the balls of his feet, so he really doesn't like to stand.

Is that like some demon version of Shepard? That paint looks awful.

It looks like they did a quick shading wash on the head, very similar to the miniatures I paint and dip in ink for shading; the ink kind of pools in the lines of his eyes. The head is a different color than the neck for goodness sake! The close up picture I have is a little misleading because of the shadows covering his eyes, but still bad. I like to think of it as Undead Shepard

there's also a tiny spot of the paint they used for his skin on the armor, not visible in these pictures. I tried scratching it off with my nail but no go. I might grab a gray from my miniatures paint to do a quick cover up but yeah. the armor's paint job ain't bad, it's the skin they really messed up

Hero

Yeah I guess it's understandable by virtue of his character design. I'm just glad that if any of the figures came out well it was Garrus. I actually really couldn't care less about Shepard. Did they make a Liara or are planning to make one?

Yeah I guess it's understandable by virtue of his character design. I'm just glad that if any of the figures came out well it was Garrus. I actually really couldn't care less about Shepard. Did they make a Liara or are planning to make one?

no Liara yet, I hope they have a few more characters in the line though. If I'm complaining about Garrus being top heavy, imagine a Krogan figure

JaseMath

Just preordered this sweet Skyward Sword Link figure. Ships in January - will look good next to my OoT Link and Ganondorf. :)

link-toy-1.jpg

johnsmith

remember me
The Yukiko figma got delayed to October. I recently bought a used Sylvia Christel figure from Amiami that was going to be grouped with Yukiko for my September order. Will they just ship that out in September now, or will they hold it until October?

yamato-sylvia-christel-no-more-heroes-statue-1.jpg

SUPARSTARX

Getting third YuYu Hakusho statue soon! Yusuke shipped!

Got Hiei and Kurama already. Still boxed.

Waiting for them to complete the series with Kazuma

The Yukiko figma got delayed to October. I recently bought a used Sylvia Christel figure from Amiami that was going to be grouped with Yukiko for my September order. Will they just ship that out in September now, or will they hold it until October?

yamato-sylvia-christel-no-more-heroes-statue-1.jpg

That looks awesome. Love the painted toes. great detail.

Ken

Good Smile Company is re-issuing their 2011 Racing Miku Super GT300 figma (as well as their 2010 and 2011 Racing Miku Nenoroids) and IS accepting international orders this time around (I put a pic of it a few posts above)...

http://www.goodsmile.info/product/en/3679/figma+Racing+Miku+2011+ver+Returns.html

...my wallet is burning, yo.

I don't know...I like the face and the hair but the rest seems weird, like she's missing a few cm off her legs and looks too short/small overall. I was never the biggest fan of figma so it's probably just my bias speaking. Would rather put my money towards this one:

FIG-MOE-5596.jpg

JaseMath

Figma Link is supposed to release in October unless I missed a delay announcement?

I preordered via Entertainment Earth - said Jan. '13. I didn't do any real checking, but Amazon says similar. Then again, I like to order from stateside retailers.

I don't know...I like the face and the hair but the rest seems weird, like she's missing a few cm off her legs and looks too short/small overall. I was never the biggest fan of figma so it's probably just my bias speaking. Would rather put my money towards this one:

FIG-MOE-5596.jpg

The static PVC figure is nice...but yeah, I'm more into the smaller and posable figmas myself.

Hoping Nendoroid Gakupo and dat eggplant he's riding in on get here soon.

Speaking of Vocaloid, anyone see the new IA figure that's up for pre-order tonight?

Ken

The static PVC figure is nice...but yeah, I'm more into the smaller and posable figmas myself.

I just dislike the visible joints on figma. @_@

On stuff like Tekkaman or Samus where it kind of blends in well, I'm fine with but on stuff with flesh and what not it stands out more.

Any opinions on Phat Company stuff? I see they have some Senran Kagura figures up for preorder .

SUPARSTARX

Got my Jim Gordon! []http://i.imgur.com/QdQCU.gif[/IMG]

[]http://i.imgur.com/Tu2v7.jpg[/IMG]

[]http://i.imgur.com/1FcjH.jpg[/IMG]

Held off on ordering one. Waiting for them to do a trench coat/regular version. Hopefully they are. Otherwise I will kit bash to complete my collection.

edit: LOL! The head's going for $100+ alone. Should've ordered one to split apart and resell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom