• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Walt1_Collage-1.jpg

Walt2_Collage2.jpg

more photos here http://trevorgrove.deviantart.com/journal/Custom-Breaking-Bad-Figures-289816618

do want...

No Heisenberg hat, no buy.

I love getting new toys.

img_20121010_1450041r9l1j.png

Hot Toys' Iron Man Mark I 2.0. The paint job and attention to detail is just astounding. Look at all that stuff on his back!

img_20121010_15002417qyzb.png

This purchase also marks the completion of my Iron Man armory until the Mark VII is out. Happy day!

Ferrio

Banned
Don't post often because I only have a few figures to my name.... BUT I just recently bought this (for an absurd amount.... damn limited quantities). Almost got scammed by a bootleg at first too, luckily I had a lightbulb go off in my head. Though this also made me question my previous purchases.. and looks like I've been duped before. Not sure how I didn't notice, plainly obvious.

Currently inbound from Japan at the moment.

FIG-IPN-4201.jpg

edit: Seems I'm not the only one.

Hero

You should provide details on how you got duped before, almost got duped this time and caught it before you paid for it.

Ferrio

Banned
You should provide details on how you got duped before, almost got duped this time and caught it before you paid for it.

I got duped before cause I didn't know bootlegs existed. It was for the Tashigi P.O.P. figure. Was plainly obvious once I actually looked at the quality of the figure compared to my other one. Luckily my Bon Clay is valid. (far as I can tell).

This time for robin I went to buy it off of amazon (it was in stock which I found odd.. but figured I was lucky). Went through with the order. A day went.. no word on it shipping.. so I got worried that maybe they had run out of stock. So I poked around other places that might have it... and noticed the box art was different than the one I purchased. I had noted that there were people selling fakes but for way underpriced and advertising them as fakes... so I put 2 and 2 together.

Cancelled my order, and found a reputable site actually selling them, though for 140 bucks (FUCK). Made the order anyways, and that site actually sold out shortly after.

SUPARSTARX

Don't post often because I only have a few figures to my name.... BUT I just recently bought this (for an absurd amount.... damn limited quantities). Almost got scammed by a bootleg at first too, luckily I had a lightbulb go off in my head. Though this also made me question my previous purchases.. and looks like I've been duped before. Not sure how I didn't notice, plainly obvious.

FIG-IPN-4201.jpg

I have an extra one still boxed in brown shipper next to me.

Ferrio

Banned
I have an extra one still boxed in brown shipper next to me.

So where do you guys actually buy these? I assume you have to have them preordered way in advanced to get them at normal prices? This was a spur of the moment just happened to come across a picture of it purchase for me.

SUPARSTARX

So where do you guys actually buy these? I assume you have to have them preordered way in advanced to get them at normal prices? This was a spur of the moment just happened to come across a picture of it purchase for me.

I preorder off HLJ and AmiAmi. I can NEVER hit up the other Japanese sites. Routing sucks and I never can complete orders.

You have to hit these releases up like the first minute they go online for preorders for the better discounts.

Post pre-order frenzy though, there's fair priced preorders from www.animarket.com and www.thegrandlineshop.com ; the latter being sometimes right after the initial release wave or sometimes a bit further later.

FIG-IPN-4201.jpg

Man, I would be on that so fast if the breasts were reduced some. I know it's Oda's style now but Robin's one of my faves.

Sheik

Just preordered this sweet Skyward Sword Link figure. Ships in January - will look good next to my OoT Link and Ganondorf. :)

link-toy-1.jpg

Preordered this a few days ago. First time purchasing a figure and first time ordering something outside of North America. Both excited and disappointed in myself lolol.

So Link has slipped to January? Does anyone know how Ami Ami handles preorders? I have another item from there that's being released soon. Can I move Link to a separate order and maybe add something else?

I'm not digging Spike either, unfortunately. Could be an instant buy for me if it was nicer.

The stands they're using in those photos are ACE. Can stands that look like that be purchased? I found a bunch of cheapos on Amazon but these are slick looking

injurai

Banned
Not really super into figures, but my bro is, and he's got tons of Hot Toys and stuff. Anyway he got me a Samus Figma as a gift, so I took to it with my camera.

The toy is neat - kinda makes me want the SKyward Sword link version.

now that is the samus I want to see.

I'm not digging Spike either, unfortunately. Could be an instant buy for me if it was nicer.

The stands they're using in those photos are ACE. Can stands that look like that be purchased? I found a bunch of cheapos on Amazon but these are slick looking

How cheap?

Lowest I could find is $15 a pop.

Hero

I got duped before cause I didn't know bootlegs existed. It was for the Tashigi P.O.P. figure. Was plainly obvious once I actually looked at the quality of the figure compared to my other one. Luckily my Bon Clay is valid. (far as I can tell).

This time for robin I went to buy it off of amazon (it was in stock which I found odd.. but figured I was lucky). Went through with the order. A day went.. no word on it shipping.. so I got worried that maybe they had run out of stock. So I poked around other places that might have it... and noticed the box art was different than the one I purchased. I had noted that there were people selling fakes but for way underpriced and advertising them as fakes... so I put 2 and 2 together.

Cancelled my order, and found a reputable site actually selling them, though for 140 bucks (FUCK). Made the order anyways, and that site actually sold out shortly after.

Damn. Good on you for catching that shit though. I hate knock-offs with a passion when they're trying to be passed as genuine.

Finally... (Though he showed up earlier than I was expecting tbh):

A44C23B8-A4AE-4686-B4B7-6AA6C9F361C4-3640-000002949DF0AAE1.jpg

A8CFC90A-B004-4425-9175-57ED2CA1B587-3640-00000294AEF3C799.jpg

5350515C-4A6F-4E27-AC48-4D0FAF885752-3640-00000294A9529FD8.jpg

And yes, the box was far bigger than I was expecting... Now to find time to assemble the big guy...

SUPARSTARX

Picked up Kotobukiya Harleyquinn Bishoujo from NYCC. Tax and ship freee!!

My Batman Bishoujo collection is slowly growing. Already have Batgirl and Poison Ivy. Waiting for Huntress!

8085079779_7f60a6699c_c.jpg

The next Marvel Bishoujo is Kitty Pryde.

msc4x.jpg

jtL37.jpg

Photos are not the best quality but I'm not liking her expression.

http://www.tomopop.com/photo-m.phtml?photo_key=145425&post_key=27356#prevnext

I took those. :) We have better ones we got Saturday that we'll be uploading as soon as I get home. Those were from in front of the glass and we got others behind the glass.

I agree, though, that I'm not really liking the expression. Something is wrong with that face, just like Power Girl.

Takuan

I took those. :) We have better ones we got Saturday that we'll be uploading as soon as I get home. Those were from in front of the glass and we got others behind the glass.

I agree, though, that I'm not really liking the expression. Something is wrong with that face, just like Power Girl.

Power Girl's face is perfect, leave her alone!

Yeah, I've seen the new pics. Still not sold on her face at the moment, I would really like to see Shunya's original illustration for comparison. Hopefully they will make some changes after hearing the feedback.

I thought Power Girl's face was spot on, it captures almost everything from the original illustration. She has that spunky look to me.

Oh and I visit Tomopop everyday *blushes*

gokieks

Also, wtf at Iron Man Nendroid.

It's hilarious and ridiculous and completely awesome. I basically never get Nendoroids because they're terrible value propositions compared to good quality PVC figures (especially for importing if you don't buy a bunch at once), but I just had to get it.

Yeah, I've seen the new pics. Still not sold on her face at the moment, I would really like to see Shunya's original illustration for comparison. Hopefully they will make some changes after hearing the feedback.

I thought Power Girl's face was spot on, it captures almost everything from the original illustration. She has that spunky look to me.

Oh and I visit Tomopop everyday *blushes*

Thanks! Always nice to meet more readers :)

I think they'll make a few changes with some feedback. It really just needs some tweaking more than anything at the moment.

I think the thing I don't like about PG is actually the area around the eyes. Seems a little too heavy on the lashes or mascara, and from the few times I've seen her, she looks a bit exhausted to me, lol. I also forgot to check and see if they fixed that nasty seam on her left shoulder (it wasn't from the costume) but I'm hopeful they did.

That's just me, though. :)

If you guys haven't, we posted pics of the Vash the Stampede prototype this morning from the show. It looks awesome.

I think the thing I don't like about PG is actually the area around the eyes. Seems a little too heavy on the lashes or mascara, and from the few times I've seen her, she looks a bit exhausted to me, lol. I also forgot to check and see if they fixed that nasty seam on her left shoulder (it wasn't from the costume) but I'm hopeful they did.

That's the only thing that's stopping me from ordering her. From the official pics I've seen it looks like it's still there. I might change my mind once the review is out.

LadyRiven

I don't know why they had to take her already huge boobs and inflate them with even more helium.

KongikuComparison.jpg

It looks like her boobs are trying to float away and escape. I think it really detracts from the figure. You can at last make the argument that in the original illustration, they are being held up by her obi.

I still may order anyway to go with Momohime...but, Alter :(

Her boobs are the reason I can't bring myself to get this figure. I don't mind that they're large, but, they're just... TOO large... which ends up detracting from the beauty of the rest of the figure. If she looked more like the illustration chest-wise, I would like it more. :< Still glad I managed to snag a Momohime pre-order for my BF though.

sophora

Those who ordered 3A's MGS REX off their Bambaland store, they're hitting China now, just a few weeks till US gets theirs I'd say.

meijiko

So despite not knowing anything about the character/game, I preordered this guy:

iHv1e.jpg

I mean, I just love everything about it. The dynamic pose, the hoverboard, the dog thing, the headphones, the random crap everywhere. It's extremely eye-catching, and kind of exemplifies why I buy figures in the first place. I only wish that my favorite guy characters got this kind of figure treatment.

Her boobs are the reason I can't bring myself to get this figure. I don't mind that they're large, but, they're just... TOO large... which ends up detracting from the beauty of the rest of the figure. If she looked more like the illustration chest-wise, I would like it more. :< Still glad I managed to snag a Momohime pre-order for my BF though.

I admit that I hesitated on this figure too, for the boobs. As a girl figure collector I avoid most of the super-sexualized characters if I can help it, if only because I feel it detracts from the overall design of the character. But I picked this one up anyway because I love the design. I just don't know why they did her before Kisuke. Besides boobs, anyway.

jsrv

So those NECA Team Fortress 2 figures

Are the pre-orders all sold out everywhere already? I think MOAF still takes them but they have marked up prices. Wish Amazon would take orders for them

meijiko

Recent pick-up came in: Rita Mordio from Tales of Vesperia.

Really happy to have her in!

She's adorable! I'm pretty in love with the Tales figures they've come out with lately, but I've never played any of the games (save for a brief playing of Abyss) so I don't have any of them.

johnsmith

remember me
Omg. I told myself I wasn't going to buy more figmas because they're too small, but I might have to buy this unless they announce a larger scale Labrys.

zK8d5.jpg

Ultimadrago

She's adorable! I'm pretty in love with the Tales figures they've come out with lately, but I've never played any of the games (save for a brief playing of Abyss) so I don't have any of them.

She really is!

If you get around to wanting to play a Tales game, Vesperia's a pretty solid way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom