• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

SUPARSTARX

Got POP Robin this morning.

Word.

A3kYD7cCUAAeg34.jpg

A3kYMD2CYAE9tTp.jpg

Rootbeer

Banned
Just preordered this sweet Skyward Sword Link figure. Ships in January - will look good next to my OoT Link and Ganondorf. :)

link-toy-1.jpg
had mine ordered for a while from amiami! Going to look great with my figma Samus. And then we have Figma Pit and Dark Pit sometime next year...

Oh, and don't forget... figma Avengers coming soon... can't wait to see what those look like :D

I'm in the market for highly-detailed marvel/dc superhero figures but on a smaller scale than Hot Toys. Something closer to 6 inches than 12 inches. figma Avengers should be what I am looking for, but in the meantime I found these:

Highly articulated and great detail for the size... what do you think, GAF? At the current conversion rate these are going for about $37 plus shipping.

Highly articulated and great detail for the size... what do you think, GAF? At the current conversion rate these are going for about $37 plus shipping.

I like the Batman, his armor hides the joints much better than the Spidey. Makes it look more natural

That Spidey reminds me of the action figure I had as a kid from the 90's cartoon. When the first Spider-man movie came out I still had it and took it with me to the theater, I was like 20-something by this time.

SUPARSTARX

I think those are the new Medicom 6" line. I don't like the Batman head sculpt, mouth is too big. Otherwise its good for the size.

gokieks

Really liking Volks' new Alicia, which looks a lot better than the Kotobukiya version (but then it does cost quite a bit more - 12600 JPY):

hr%20alicia-noscale.jpg

This is also pretty nice, even if I have no familiarity or attachment to the character (apparently from a VN named Walkure Romanze). Really dig the armor:

hr%20akane-noscale.jpg

Giolon

Really liking Volks' new Alicia, which looks a lot better than the Kotobukiya version (but then it does cost quite a bit more - 12600 JPY):

hr%20alicia-noscale.jpg

Also, be forewarned, this is a colored Garage Kit. It's unassembled and unpainted (the uniform areas will already be blue, skin peachy, and handkerchief red, etc. but things like stripes and cammo are not likely to be reflected - eyes come as stickers).

I hope they'll make a prepainted PVC version at some point, but Volks' ususally doesn't. :(

Bought the DC Direct Spy Vs. Spy figures at the beginning of the month.

0f56485534b5e15c2f5253746a1cd5ec1c9424e7.png

In Detail:

90d6268f4ffc884c77cfb889ebc758ec80ce764a.png

And where I set them in front of my TV:

Love the quality on these. It's like the spies are standing right in my living room.

johnsmith

remember me
Wow. Highly considering it for that price.

The price actually dropped again today. Down to 3996 yen/$51.40. I'm definitely not going to preorder Rise and Chie after this, since all the High Priestess figures end up in the bargain bin on Plamoya.

The Konohanasakuya figure is also on sale, but there's no sal shipping on it, and I don't think I wan to pay $41 for shipping.
http://plamoya.com/en/game-characters-collection-dx-persona-4-konohanasakuya-pvc-figur-p-48828.html

Also, be forewarned, this is a colored Garage Kit. It's unassembled and unpainted (the uniform areas will already be blue, skin peachy, and handkerchief red, etc. but things like stripes and cammo are not likely to be reflected - eyes come as stickers).

I hope they'll make a prepainted PVC version at some point, but Volks' ususally doesn't. :(

I know that feeling :(

OT, I like your avatar. I have Selvaria Bles from Alter which is amazing.

SUPARSTARX

The price actually dropped again today. Down to 3996 yen/$51.40. I'm definitely not going to preorder Rise and Chie after this, since all the High Priestess figures end up in the bargain bin on Plamoya.

The Konohanasakuya figure is also on sale, but there's no sal shipping on it, and I don't think I wan to pay $41 for shipping.
http://plamoya.com/en/game-characters-collection-dx-persona-4-konohanasakuya-pvc-figur-p-48828.html

What are the chances they're selling bootlegs?

gokieks

Yeah, I know... it's because I'm not expecting there to be a pre-painted figure that I'm considering it despite it being an expensive garage kit - I really want a better Alicia.

hswbaz

Neo Member

That Yukiko is so very tempting, though my favorite figure I have is my Alter Yukiko. Would you say it's still worth picking up?

johnsmith

remember me
What are the chances they're selling bootlegs?

Small or 0. They're actually based in Tokyo, and those figures are still really new and not popular enough to be bootlegged, they're still available on almost all the other sites. Though Konohana Sakuya is actually cheaper on amiami, hadn't noticed they put her on sale.
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-IPN-4203

They do have rare figures in stock, but the prices are very high, way too high to trick people into buying bootlegs. 61,000 yen for Elizabeth from P3, for example. That extra 0 is not a typo.
http://plamoya.com/en/persona-3-elizabeth-1per8-scale-pvc-figure-p-8161.html

I've been shopping there for a while, and it's pretty common for them to mark down new figures up to 40% off a bit after release, until eventually they go back up to retail price, or higher.

That Yukiko is so very tempting, though my favorite figure I have is my Alter Yukiko. Would you say it's still worth picking up?
I like the Alter version better, though I don't own it because I didn't start collecting until 3 years after it came out and I don't want to pay the high price she's going for now. If you want to stick to 1 figure per character, you already have the best one. But if you're a fan of the character/series and want multiples, I say go for it. It's a very good price.

Giolon

I know that feeling :(

OT, I like your avatar. I have Selvaria Bles from Alter which is amazing.

Thank you! I bought the Alter Selvaria too, but I bought the ebCraft one b/c it was the only one at the time. I think they're both great!

I also may have bought the Alter Swimsuit Selvaria b/c....well....Selvaria!

NEO0MJ

Just picked up the Fewture Black Getter! The original was a holy grail of mine, but I just couldn't justify its aftermarket price. Luckily it got reissued and while it lost some of its luster due to this move I still love it. Insane amount of die-cast and perfectly sculpted and painted with lots of details.

Note to self, I need a camera.

SegaFanac

Neo Member
That looks great...mind telling me where you got it from?

Sure I got them both from BigBadToyStore

Jehuty HD Z.O.E. Version
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=KOT10898&mode=retail

Jehuty Anubis Version
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=KOT10785&mode=retail

Unfortunately the Jehuty Anubis kit is out of stock, they only have the HD Zone of the Enders Jehuty.

You could also order both from Hobby Lobby Japan "HLJ"

Jehuty Anubis Version
http://www.hlj.com/product/KBYKP-166

Jehuty HD Z.O.E. Version
http://www.hlj.com/product/KBYKP-229

Beth Cyra

Just picked up the Fewture Black Getter! The original was a holy grail of mine, but I just couldn't justify its aftermarket price. Luckily it got reissued and while it lost some of its luster due to this move I still love it. Insane amount of die-cast and perfectly sculpted and painted with lots of details.

Note to self, I need a camera.

Nice pick up, Fewture's stuff is amazing looking. Don't care for Shin Getter or Getter 1 but I am already chomping at the bit to get their upcoming Getter Dragon.

zoku88

I wonder if, when 3d printers become more mainstream, garage kit makers will end up releasing schematics for the pieces of their kits instead of making the pieces themselves.

Giolon

The painted pics of Kongiku from Muramasa were finally released, and she's up for preorder. This is an instant buy for me. She looks great.
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-MOE-7355
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10202062
http://www.hlj.com/product/ALT20313

I don't know why they had to take her already huge boobs and inflate them with even more helium.

KongikuComparison.jpg

It looks like her boobs are trying to float away and escape. I think it really detracts from the figure. You can at last make the argument that in the original illustration, they are being held up by her obi.

I still may order anyway to go with Momohime...but, Alter :(

OMG FINALLY does Sideshow tell me when I'll be getting Hawkeye...

Marking my calendar for the 26th if all goes according to their shipping schedule...

SUPARSTARX

Haha that BB custom is nice.

Dark Knight Rises Batman DX is releasing soon for the early batch. Some press got early sets and took mad pix.

The outfit is apparently a mix of fabric with rubber on it. Not sure how it sticks but it gives the figure better posing articulation.

548233_368594786552749_1668806663_n.jpg

66097_368594843219410_2020640816_n.jpg

45332_368595026552725_1000103687_n.jpg

68068_368595366552691_39401593_n.jpg

9297_368595629885998_1163037528_n.jpg

374118_368596436552584_1037026577_n.jpg

199543_368597023219192_2098311371_n.jpg

374041_368596963219198_802544868_n.jpg

It looks marvelous!

It looks fantastic and I can't wait to get mine, but I do have a couple issues with it. First of all, I don't like 2 out of the 3 mouths. The open mouth showing his teeth looks goofy, and I would have much preferred a neutral face instead of the slight smile. Thankfully, the other one is spot on to the face Bale makes in all the action scenes.

Secondly, there's a gap in the armor between the pecs and the abs that's looks a little wrong. Here's the part I'm talking about from one of the pics above.

6uzQ5.png

And here's a shot from the movie showing a very minimal gap.

i3h7T.png

Thankfully, there appears to be an ab-crunch point of articulation that can fill that gap, but from a neutral posture position it shouldn't be there.

One of my favorite shots so far with the best of the mouth sculpts and showing a smaller gap.

545596_427623487299647_996922382_n.jpg

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Secondly, there's a gap in the armor between the pecs and the abs that's looks a little wrong. Here's the part I'm talking about from one of the pics above.

That's purely for articulation purposes. It's easy to pose the body so that gap is covered/closed.

That's purely for articulation purposes. It's easy to pose the body so that gap is covered/closed.
I'm aware of that as I pointed out towards the end of my post. I just hope it doesn't have to look like he's hunching over to fill it. Sometimes I just like to display my figures in majestic or heroic stances and that gap would be unsightly. I guess I'm being a little picky, but for $200+ I think it's justified.

SUPARSTARX

The gap in the pecs is because the torso is two pieces IIRC so it's sliding up and down a bit depending on how much they're stretching.

deim0s

figureGAF... can you recommend me some websites for upcoming/new figure news from Japan? Mecha/pvc/models/toys/(even ecchi lol) and the lot - anything like Hobby Japan but in english?

mrkgoo

Not really super into figures, but my bro is, and he's got tons of Hot Toys and stuff. Anyway he got me a Samus Figma as a gift, so I took to it with my camera.

The toy is neat - kinda makes me want the SKyward Sword link version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom