• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

BlackM1st

Banned
That order would be quite inconvenient for me. I was hoping to use my guaranteed pity on Ganyu, and then pull on Shenhe's banner until I get a five star, leaving it up to the 50/50 whether I get her. I don't think she's worth two pities to get. Guess I'll have to decide once she's been tested.
There's no way that she's better than Cocogoat. I'd say only Geo Lord can compete with Ganyu.

Last edited:

SSfox

Feels so weird that they're not doing a Christmas event.

Not sure but I think like Muslims Christmas isn't part of Chinese culture, and if so it would make sense.

The Christmas emoji could be made by their western PR!? I've no idea tho just guessing 🤨

Fuz

Banned
A disappeared post on leaks sub showed (it's a drawing, not screenshots) her elemental skill as her dashing and leaving a electro symbol behind, and her burst had 3 electro symbols on the ground and a thunderstorm. There was also a picture of her behind one of those symbols shooting a horizontal thunder.
23ldbs4nop781.png
mr8fru9nop781.jpg

News flash: apparently, it's fake.

Fuz

Banned
Do you guys think I can get banned for joining co-ops with Gorou and asking people to stroke my tail?
lookaround.gif

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
Do you guys think I can get banned for joining co-ops with Gorou and asking people to stroke my tail?
lookaround.gif
Most would probably agree ❤ 💕 💖💗 💙 ❤ Once I had a guy(?) named Naked Banana asking (practically begging) me to add him. Was a surrealistic experience.

Yea and Kevin automatically re-entering Raven in the contest was hilarious too.

XMeu83E.jpg

I didn't expect to like the Mantis team as much as I do. Both in gameplay and character story, they're on another level compared to the older characters. I also love morally ambiguous characters, so both Elysia and Mobius are right up my alley. But of course, Himeko is always my first vote. I mainly voted Kallen just to try to get a playable Judah Kallen suit. With the way the main story is going, this could be our last chance.

The hardest choices for me were the costume and the event. They didn't have my favorite costumes in there, the elf Durandal one and the FR green one. Wonder what the stipulations were? They seemed arbitrary which ones were selectable. There were a ton of good skins not present in the voting.

I'm also surprised that the Haxxor Bunny open world didn't get added as a new weekly open world. It was a lot of fun unlocking stuff in the city and was a different theme than what we usually get.
I'm gonna go with semi-random picks, those two didn't have any super special way of getting them.

Last edited:

Saber

Wow look, another one of those mentally ill events where you arm enemies with nukes so you can sightly increase your retard point bar.

Hope they enjoy dick hotdogs for xmas, because thats what they gonna win for me. I don't give a single fuck about this moronic events.

Oh yes, and Happy holidays guys.

BlackM1st

Banned
OK, pretty fucking horrible weapon banners:

ZDkzyFn.jpg

Both have a scam secondary weapons lmao

No new Cocogoat bow too btw, so if you're not into Charged Shot I wouldn't recommend on pulling for anything you see on those banners.

Heroes:

1st banner pair is an easy skip.

Outdated one trick pony DPS nobody cares about and one trick support for characters which doesn't require any support, especially such a specialized one.

She is a premium hero, similar to Fish Lady. Only for special kind of waifu connoisseurs...
OfUYlrt.jpg

2nd pair is just

Sassy Oh No GIF by Nickelodeon

If you don't have Cocogoat or Geo Lord and won't pull... Well, jokes are on you. Easily the best banners in the whole game.

Hands down the 2 greatest characters in game. No way Yae will compete with either, so pull if you don't wanna suffer. Yae will get a rerun eventually regardless.

Also:
EMhhuNsVUAURLdU

Been 2 years since that art was posted. Damn MiHo...

Mehhhhhhhhhh. Why are they making me wait another three weeks? Screw you MHY! They should've just bundled those two dudes together.

I saw some rumors about the 4 stars for these banners too. The first half would have Yun Jin, Fischl and Chongyun, and the second banner Kujou Sara, Razor and Yanfei. Not sure if that will actually happen (do they ever put two four stars of the same element on a banner?) but might be fun to keep in mind for when the actual banners are shown.

Pejo

I was legitimately excited, but I got something better
Here it is for real:
gzei6y438u781.jpg

Just like Ning's, there's just not enough different. I like the bare shoulders, it looks classy, but overall it's just not that different from her usual skin. They could have at least had a different hair style or something to give it some extra pizazz, since this is a paid skin afterall.

Still, out of all 4 skins we have so far, this looks to be my favorite based on the art.

Who knows, maybe I'll be blown away by the 3D version or animations or something. It's a step in the right direction though.

Last edited:

SSfox

OK, pretty fucking horrible weapon banners:

ZDkzyFn.jpg

Both have a scam secondary weapons lmao

No new Cocogoat bow too btw, so if you're not into Charged Shot I wouldn't recommend on pulling for anything you see on those banners.

Heroes:

1st banner pair is an easy skip.

Outdated one trick pony DPS nobody cares about and one trick support for characters which doesn't require any support, especially such a specialized one.

She is a premium hero, similar to Fish Lady. Only for special kind of waifu connoisseurs...
OfUYlrt.jpg

2nd pair is just

Sassy Oh No GIF by Nickelodeon

If you don't have Cocogoat or Geo Lord and won't pull... Well, jokes are on you. Easily the best banners in the whole game.

Hands down the 2 greatest characters in game. No way Yae will compete with either, so pull if you don't wanna suffer. Yae will get a rerun eventually regardless.

Also:
EMhhuNsVUAURLdU

Been 2 years since that art was posted. Damn MiHo...

Oh fuck the wolf claymore, won't pull but man I hope I'll get it someday on perma banner for my Diluc.

Now patiently waiting for Z

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Here it is for real:
gzei6y438u781.jpg

Just like Ning's, there's just not enough different. I like the bare shoulders, it looks classy, but overall it's just not that different from her usual skin. They could have at least had a different hair style or something to give it some extra pizazz, since this is a paid skin afterall.

Still, out of all 4 skins we have so far, this looks to be my favorite based on the art.

Who knows, maybe I'll be blown away by the 3D version or animations or something. It's a step in the right direction though.
Yeah, it's a little plain but it's the best one yet. Now I really, really hope we're getting new animations/voicelines. I don't know how many people have been asking for it but please...

Pejo

Yeah, it's a little plain but it's the best one yet. Now I really, really hope we're getting new animations/voicelines. I don't know how many people have been asking for it but please...
I wouldn't count on it, but who knows. I think the guys that leaked this said that it's still a 4* "quality" skin, so it likely means it's like Jeans. Not even effect changes.

Higher quality Ning costume banner:

huihaosh9u781.jpg

YukiOnna

I wouldn't count on it, but who knows. I think the guys that leaked this said that it's still a 4* "quality" skin, so it likely means it's like Jeans. Not even effect changes.

Higher quality Ning costume banner:

huihaosh9u781.jpg
Sucks since those surveys about the skins was utterly pointless then IMO. Especially with how long they took to release new ones so adjustments could have been made.

Pejo

Sucks since those surveys about the skins was utterly pointless then IMO. Especially with how long they took to release new ones so adjustments could have been made.
Yea it's not even that I hate these costumes, they're just....basically the same. At least the summer ones were major design changes for the 2 characters. But considering the feedback and the amount of time since those, I kinda expected more. It's so strange because they're killing it mostly in Honkai with the costumes. Even free characters there get unique costumes that change all sorts of things.

I think the fact that they chose to not have seasonal real world events tied into the game is fucking with their ability to make good skins. People would have been through the roof with a christmas dress for any of the girls. Halloween is ripe for costumes that would make bank. Better swimwear is obvious. Maid outfits, won't even say bunny outfits due to Honkai's bunny girl drama. It's not like they have to reinvent the wheel to sell costumes for these characters, just give us something interesting. Even a Cheongsam (traditional Chinese outfit) would have been better than a prom dress or a "Ningguang, but now in blue!".

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Yea it's not even that I hate these costumes, they're just....basically the same. At least the summer ones were major design changes for the 2 characters. But considering the feedback and the amount of time since those, I kinda expected more. It's so strange because they're killing it mostly in Honkai with the costumes. Even free characters there get unique costumes that change all sorts of things.

I think the fact that they chose to not have seasonal real world events tied into the game is fucking with their ability to make good skins. People would have been through the roof with a christmas dress for any of the girls. Halloween is ripe for costumes that would make bank. Better swimwear is obvious. Maid outfits, won't even say bunny outfits due to Honkai's bunny girl drama. It's not like they have to reinvent the wheel to sell costumes for these characters, just give us something interesting. Even a Cheongsam (traditional Chinese outfit) would have been better than a prom dress or a "Ningguang, but now in blue!".
I don't understand. It's certainly not a development issue because they have the assets and not as much work on an existing character. Not doing seasonal events based on the real world was a stupid move and for the events they do like Lantern or Dragonspine there's no pattern to release new outfits. Lot of questionable decisions to try and get an audience that won't stick with their game forever, but you do you, Genshin team.

Make events and simple update to existing characters a difficult thing for some weird reason.

It's gonna be hard to choose between Yae or Ayato, tho now I'm more into Ayato side.
Just go for both since they won't be on the same patch right?
I heard 2.5's Raiden rerun w/ Act 2 that'll have her as weekly boss or something.

SSfox

I don't understand. It's certainly not a development issue because they have the assets and not as much work on an existing character. Not doing seasonal events based on the real world was a stupid move and for the events they do like Lantern or Dragonspine there's no pattern to release new outfits. Lot of questionable decisions to try and get an audience that won't stick with their game forever, but you do you, Genshin team.

Make events and simple update to existing characters a difficult thing for some weird reason.

Just go for both since they won't be on the same patch right?
I heard 2.5's Raiden rerun w/ Act 2 that'll have her as weekly boss or something.

Both are starting to show up in the data of the game, so there may be a chance both will be in 2.5, tho as you say there are more chances that they won't be in same patch so we'll see.

Fuz

Banned
I want that wolf, but Zhong Li first.
Porcoddio me too.

Anyway, I went to the twitch stream with the intention of making a bit of propaganda for our great leader Winnie The Pooh but they only allow emotes.
svej4.gif

CHRISTMAS IS RUINED

BlackM1st

Banned
Stream was amazing. I fucking laughed when they showed Enka with a sad and moody atmosphere and then suddenly a chubby teddy 🧸 bear like designer appeared with a toy in his hands. Lmao.

Only 1 pig squealing moment, during that awful classic opera performance. But hey, not like they can do anything about their ancient tradition. At least they spend good money 🧧 on it.

Also, dat not-Lego Paimon was a nightmare fuel material.

Still, 10 out 10 program. Ok, maybe 9.5 , but relatively to the previous streams, this one was flawless.

Enka looks sick, I hope it's big enough.

Ningguang's palace comeback is something I was waiting for the longest time too

Music jukebox for the teapot is OK I guess. It's hard to get excited about that basically useless realm unfortunately.

tHskMlL.jpg

CODES:

SA7V2DRZGAU5

5SPDKV8ZHBFV

PSNVJURZZSD9

SSfox

Stream was amazing. I fucking laughed when they showed Enka with a sad and moody atmosphere and then suddenly a chubby teddy 🧸 bear like designer appeared with a toy in his hands. Lmao.

Only 1 pig squealing moment, during that awful classic opera performance. But hey, not like they can do anything about their ancient tradition. At least they spend good money 🧧 on it.

Also, dat not-Lego Paimon was a nightmare fuel material.

Still, 10 out 10 program. Ok, maybe 9.5 , but relatively to the previous streams, this one was flawless.

Enka looks sick, I hope it's big enough.

Ningguang's palace comeback is something I was waiting for the longest time too

Music jukebox for the teapot is OK I guess. It's hard to get excited about that basically useless realm unfortunately.

tHskMlL.jpg

CODES:

SA7V2DRZGAU5

5SPDKV8ZHBFV

PSNVJURZZSD9

Kek skin actually looks better than I thought Ingame.

Question: If don't have Nin and unlock her skin, can I use it once I get the character? Or i must have her to be able to unlock skin in the event?

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
Kek skin actually looks better than I thought I game.

Question: Of i don't have Nin and unlock her skin, can I use it once I get the character? Or i must have her to be able to unlock skin in the event?

You need the char, but normally the event give the char in question.

Question: If don't have Nin and unlock her skin, can I use it once I get the character? Or i must have her to be able to unlock skin in the event?
It's very unlikely you won't be able to get the skin if you don't have the character. After all, that would mean people can't buy Keqing's or Jean's skins either without owning the character, and that directly impacts MHY's potential earnings.

The stream was okay. I guess the English VAs were unavailable today? Not that I miss them. The amount of new content (areas, quests, events) seems good. Kinda bothered that we're doing fireworks related stuff in Liyue instead of Inazuma. The rewards are pretty much the same as last year I think, but that's good enough I guess. Good that Yun Jin is free for those who want her.

Not too sure about the new characters though. Yun Jin only boosts normal attacks? No charged attacks? That severely limits her usefulness. I guess Yoimiya could use her, and maybe Eula? I hope they just forgot to include charged attacks in that description, because most DPS characters rely on charged attacks quite a bit. Shenhe is a cryo support unit as expected, which doesn't really gel with her "homicidal tendencies." She's super niche, and from the rumors it doesn't seem like her buff is good enough to make up for that, so that's a shame. We'll have to see though.

The skins are disappointing. I had some crystals saved up from Welkin Moon to spend on some skins, but they keep making them bland. They need to be more exciting and different from the standard skin. They desperately need other hairstyles too. If Keqing had a ponytail or short hair or something, that would've instantly changed her vibe.

7/10 for me.

Pejo

Did they announce the free character selector for Lantern Rite? I won't be able to watch the stream until later.

q8fk9qdhvv781.jpg

y2xy9azgvv781.png

(Apparently, people are pissed over those black thights)
James Franco GIF

Eh, I like the Keq one less now that I've seen the fully body shot. Ning's is basically Kokomi Jr without the cute butt.

How are they fucking these skins up so bad?

YukiOnna

Liyue’s biggest annual festival, the Lantern Rite, will be held once again, bringing back rich rewards, the chance to obtain a free four-star Liyue character, and even the Jade Chamber that was destroyed in the past Archon Quest. In addition, the first version update of 2022 will unveil Enkanomiya, the remains of an underwater nation that has been sealed away for thousands of years beneath Inazuma.

Unlike the other islands in Inazuma, Enkanomiya is a huge floating island located beneath the ocean, constantly eroded by the Abyss. Ancestors of the people of Watatsumi Island once lived there, leaving the ruins of an ancient civilization that are older than any other relics found on land. Without day and night underground, players will find a way to use Dainichi Mikoshi, the artificial sun developed by the ancient civilization, as they delve into the puzzles and depths of Enkanomiya.

Dangerous enemies also await in the unknown new area. Living in the dark waters of Enkanomiya, Bathysmal Vishaps are cunning social predators who can hunt together and take advantage of their surroundings in combat. More enemies also show up from the Abyss. The Abyss Lector: Fathomless Flames can unleash Pyro attacks that deal delayed bursts of damage regardless if characters are shielded or not.

Genshin-Impact_2021_12-26-21_018.jpg

Yamisan

I love events like the current one because it lets me play as Keqing. She won't drop for me at all =\ Love her to death. meh

BlackM1st

Banned
Bathysmal Vishaps are cunning social predators
week state GIF

Well, then. Fuck you too.
Hey man, all those Kokomi mains need something to do with her besides ogling her um... rich personality of a fish.

Love her to death. meh
Pull more, you'll get her eventually. I have her at C2 and yes, she's absolutely useless in combat, but she's incredibly fun in the open world exploration, especially in Inazuma. Have you missed her banner? Maybe one day we'll get an easier access to standard 5☆ . I wouldn't mind to C6 Jean. Wouldn't mind at all...

Top Bottom