• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Pejo

Join me and Pejo in fish land

It's a good place to live!

chxt8awbvv681.jpg

I've actually started replacing Barbara with Kokomi now that I have her built a bit better. She's not QUITE as good as a healer, but she doesn't give you the "Wet" debuff, so that's a positive. Her jellyfish doesn't move, so it's not as good as Barbie's ring for mobile enemies, but it's bigger AoE and can last longer. Also, she's a decent option for Hydro damage paired with an Electro character like Shogun or Fischl.

Fake

Gold Member
Isnt she better now with the new set?

Yeah i think she is one of the best, if not the best inazuma female design, maybe only topped by Yae.

Before her release everyone was expecting a damage dealer, not Barbara v2.0

I mean, based on the lore and that war cutscene, she supposed to scare their opponents just by her presence. As much I like her mermaid design, not my style playing.

BlackM1st

Banned
Pulling for Itto is the same level of simping as pulling for Fish Lady.

Same simp behavior, just different obsessions.

Pull for meta. Meta is love ❤

Confused Rooster Teeth GIF by Achievement Hunter
Confused The Kid Mero GIF by Desus & Mero
Math Reaction GIF by IFHT Films

YukiOnna

It's a good place to live!

chxt8awbvv681.jpg

I've actually started replacing Barbara with Kokomi now that I have her built a bit better. She's not QUITE as good as a healer, but she doesn't give you the "Wet" debuff, so that's a positive. Her jellyfish doesn't move, so it's not as good as Barbie's ring for mobile enemies, but it's bigger AoE and can last longer. Also, she's a decent option for Hydro damage paired with an Electro character like Shogun or Fischl.
Isnt she better now with the new set?

Yeah i think she is one of the best, if not the best inazuma female design, maybe only topped by Yae.

Her new set does wonders for her stats and helps her synergy with teams. Also, I think her playstyle is fun since I am usually anti-healer.

Pejo

Her new set does wonders for her stats and helps her synergy with teams. Also, I think her playstyle is fun since I am usually anti-healer.

sophiscated_cat.jpg

Damn, I need more CDMG on my Ganyu. I'm only getting 45-50k crits.

*edit*

Speaking of Ganyu, it looks like those leaks about her new signature weapon were wrong. They're rerunning Amos Bow with her again. That's actually a relief because I already have 2 of them and don't like the idea of not having Ganyu BiS weapons.

Last edited:

Pejo

Pretty good patch. I'm most excited for Enka. Definitely going to spend some time in the Trial with Shenhe. I suspect that I will pull for a single copy of her, maybe the weapon too.

The rest of the events seem like filler crap per usual. Nothing in there am I excited for. Wonder how they're going to ruin Windtrace. Their "additions" to all of the rerun events have made them all worse in my opinion.

SSfox

Standard banner has been much kinder to me than Limiteds. It's been like a bunch of Keq and 2x Amos bow. Only went to 70+ pity on it twice before getting a 5*.
So far for me it's Diluc (82) and Jade Staff (8), now ongoing pity 42.

• Triggered
Reactions: Fuz

BlackM1st

Banned
Standard banner has been much kinder to me than Limiteds. It's been like a bunch of Keq and 2x Amos bow. Only went to 70+ pity on it twice before getting a 5*.
There's some serious firepower hidden inside of the Standard banners. Wish we had some other means of obtaining its weapons besides the gacha.

crumbs

Looking for opinions on the BP weapons. I've paid for the BP a number of times before, so I have a R5 Black Sword and R1 Solar Pearl catalyst. Trying to decide on the following options:

1. Continue to refine the Solar Pearl - Currently equipped to Ningguang.
2. Grab another Black Sword to potentially use on Ayaka (Who I don't currently have but will probably pull for in the future). I have my current R5 Black Sword equipped to Keqing.
3. Go with one of the other BP weapons. Not sure if any of the other weapons are likely to by used by my current line-up.

For reference, I don't pull on the weapons banner, but I do have a wolf's gravestone and skyward pride from the standard banner. Thanks in advance for any input.

Looking for opinions on the BP weapons. I've paid for the BP a number of times before, so I have a R5 Black Sword and R1 Solar Pearl catalyst.
It's rumored that Keqing is getting a free R5 4 star sword somewhat soon, which could very well end up being her best 4 star option. That would allow you to use your Black Sword on Ayaka in the future. I don't have much input otherwise, as I don't buy the BP myself.

Pejo

Looking for opinions on the BP weapons. I've paid for the BP a number of times before, so I have a R5 Black Sword and R1 Solar Pearl catalyst. Trying to decide on the following options:

2. Grab another Black Sword to potentially use on Ayaka (Who I don't currently have but will probably pull for in the future). I have my current R5 Black Sword equipped to Keqing.
3. Go with one of the other BP weapons. Not sure if any of the other weapons are likely to by used by my current line-up.

For reference, I don't pull on the weapons banner, but I do have a wolf's gravestone and skyward pride from the standard banner. Thanks in advance for any input.
I got one of each, the best are the sword and the claymore. Spear too depending on options you have available and have a spear character you want to use in a damage role instead of support. The crit substat of all of the weapons is solid though. Which characters that you use have the worst weapon?

So was the Kirin Bow fake? Do I pull on Amos Bow?
Nobody knows for sure yet, wait until datamine to decide IMO. It looks like it's not coming out yet since nothing's been mentioned yet.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned

SS is the best weapon in BP in terms of refinement value, so R5 it.

Fuz

Banned

Get the bow. It has my favourite effect of every weapon in game. I was kinda sad when I pulled the Skyward Harp :messenger_grinning_sweat:

crumbs

It's rumored that Keqing is getting a free R5 4 star sword somewhat soon, which could very well end up being her best 4 star option. That would allow you to use your Black Sword on Ayaka in the future. I don't have much input otherwise, as I don't buy the BP myself.

Thanks, that is interesting. I'll look into it, I'm curious to see what this rumored sword would scale on since the Black Sword works so well on Keqing.

I got one of each, the best are the sword and the claymore. Spear too depending on options you have available and have a spear character you want to use in a damage role instead of support. The crit substat of all of the weapons is solid though. Which characters that you use have the worst weapon?

I don't feel that anyone of my current characters is lacking in terms of their weapons, with the caveat that most of carrying 4 star weapons, so they're not necessarily carrying meta BIS weapons. Maybe I'll go back and review their current gear and perhaps find one where the BP weapon would be an upgrade.

SS is the best weapon in BP in terms of refinement value, so R5 it.

The claymore does look interesting, but I already have more good claymores than I know what to do with. That said, it wouldn't hurt to have options for future characters.

Get the bow. It has my favourite effect of every weapon in game. I was kinda sad when I pulled the Skyward Harp :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Hmm, the tornado effect is pretty cool.

Thanks to all for all the input.

BlackM1st

Banned
It's fun, but isn't the main attraction of that bow. Don't expect Venti like performance lol

All BP weapons are worth it just for the CRIT stat. SS is better because its refinements actually improve its overall performance/ increase ATK.

Pejo

Thanks, that is interesting. I'll look into it, I'm curious to see what this rumored sword would scale on since the Black Sword works so well on Keqing.

I don't feel that anyone of my current characters is lacking in terms of their weapons, with the caveat that most of carrying 4 star weapons, so they're not necessarily carrying meta BIS weapons. Maybe I'll go back and review their current gear and perhaps find one where the BP weapon would be an upgrade.

The claymore does look interesting, but I already have more good claymores than I know what to do with. That said, it wouldn't hurt to have options for future characters.

Thanks to all for all the input.
So far, the Widsth r5 fights a lot of r1 5* catalysts as BiS for catalyst users, so the Solar Pearl hasn't been that useful. Might be good for Yae though depending on her kit. All of the rest are solid to good, and get better on refinement. There are better options for support characters in every weapon class though. I'd look at your teams and if you have a main damage character with underperforming weapons, go that way. I'm just building the spear since there aren't currently a lot of great damage spears in the game outside of Homa and Jade spear.

Pejo

I just got the Dogecoin reference from Leiben. At first I kinda hated how low effort his "events" are, but I've come to appreciate them. No bullshit, just turn in some garbage and get a few primos. Wonder if the "grand" box will be some new years related thing or they're going to continue to say "fuck you" to the western world and ignore New Years until CNY.

YukiOnna

I just got the Dogecoin reference from Leiben. At first I kinda hated how low effort his "events" are, but I've come to appreciate them. No bullshit, just turn in some garbage and get a few primos. Wonder if the "grand" box will be some new years related thing or they're going to continue to say "fuck you" to the western world and ignore New Years until CNY.
It's low effort but at least it gets the job done and we're gone with our rewards. No grind or anything so that's nice at least.
I'm starting to really get annoyed the more I think they're ignoring seasonals for stupid nationalism crap.

Reactions: Fuz

Pejo

It's low effort but at least it gets the job done and we're gone with our rewards. No grind or anything so that's nice at least.
I'm starting to really get annoyed the more I think they're ignoring seasonals for stupid nationalism crap.
It's a real head scratcher for sure, since Honkai has a nice mix of all cultures and holidays from different countries. They have Christmas skins, CNY events, Halloween events, etc. I honestly wouldn't even mind if Genshin had no real-life holiday equivalent stuff, but they always seem to make the exception for ONLY CN related stuff.

BlackM1st

Banned
It's a real head scratcher for sure, since Honkai has a nice mix of all cultures and holidays from different countries. They have Christmas skins, CNY events, Halloween events, etc. I honestly wouldn't even mind if Genshin had no real-life holiday equivalent stuff, but they always seem to make the exception for ONLY CN related stuff.
Liyue continues to be the most used region for all of their events, basically since leaving 1st city we were constantly forced to hang out there. Just recently we had big, meaningful event about our cooking bear.

Next big event (the one I can remember at least) was about the Ice Mountain. But it was just a 1 hero story event, because the mountain itself is a dead icy wasteland with no support characters or settlements.

Enka looks like a dead wasteland too (I like it, it gives me nice Lovecraft vibes), so I doubt that its introduction will change anything.

Same goes for the summer vacation islands: everyone's dead or long gone.

I have no idea why they keep ignoring the 1st region (with another big "everyone's dead" area in it lol) or keep Inazuma's events so fucking low profile.

Inazuma is absolutely amazing and deserves so much more. I hope that the current Chinese New Year celebration will be the last big Liyue event until the next New Year.

1st and 3rd regions need more events, not less.

P.S. the Chasm is gonna be yet another dead wasteland region AND it's directly connected to the Liyue lmao

BJK

As a F2p, who will take chances with the weapons banner, there are higher base Attack weapons with Crit Rate than the BP in every spot other than Claymore (Serpent Spine not having a 5* equivalent). That being said, I have fallen into Jade Spear, Jade Cutter (only one I drew trying for…when another CR weapon was also on rate-up), Skyward Harp, and Lost Prayer, so your mileage will vary. I think all of them, save for the sword, are on standard banner…and even there, Skyward blade still gives some CR.

While I wouldn’t commit to the spend, since I’d rather focus on getting the 5-star options, chances are you’d still find a use for the BP weapons on a secondary character even if you do hit the 5-star lottery in the long run.

crumbs

Liyue continues to be the most used region for all of their events, basically since leaving 1st city we were constantly forced to hang out there. Just recently we had big, meaningful event about our cooking bear.

Next big event (the one I can remember at least) was about the Ice Mountain. But it was just a 1 hero story event, because the mountain itself is a dead icy wasteland with no support characters or settlements.

Enka looks like a dead wasteland too (I like it, it gives me nice Lovecraft vibes), so I doubt that its introduction will change anything.

Same goes for the summer vacation islands: everyone's dead or long gone.

I have no idea why they keep ignoring the 1st region (with another big "everyone's dead" area in it lol) or keep Inazuma's events so fucking low profile.

Inazuma is absolutely amazing and deserves so much more. I hope that the current Chinese New Year celebration will be the last big Liyue event until the next New Year.

1st and 3rd regions need more events, not less.

P.S. the Chasm is gonna be yet another dead wasteland region AND it's directly connected to the Liyue lmao

Now that I've unlocked most of Inazuma, I'm finding it much more interesting than Liyue. The smaller countries like Inazuma & Mondstadt just have less filler areas. I set my commissions to Monstadt and I'm currently exploring Inazuma, so I almost never go back to Liyue.

My only complaint about Inazuma is that it's almost too puzzle-dense. They really over-used those light-up stone block puzzles, it feels like you're tripping over one every few minutes.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
My only complaint about Inazuma is that it's almost too puzzle dense. They really over-used those light-up stone block puzzles, it feels like you're tripping over one every few minutes.
LOL yeah, there's kinda too much puzzles there. Fish Lady's island is especially bad lol

BlackM1st

Banned
Honkai is much smaller.
Genshin is huge, china wants to use it for foreign propaganda.
And like any government initiative it's terribly backfiring because it lacks any form of creativity. GI designers are stuck in between of CCP demands and Twitter mob screeching. Oh, plus "patriotic" "fan" stabbing attempts lol

Yamisan

The more I play Itto the more I wonder wtf is the point of this character? Healers out dps him, he doesn't heal and isn't a tank

Top Bottom