• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Pejo

The more I play Itto the more I wonder wtf is the point of this character? Healers out dps him, he doesn't heal and isn't a tank
When I was putting time in on his trial, the bull was the most fun move in his kit. I think he needs a % buff to cover for his element being Geo. He's just a worse Eula as it is. Mega whales can get nice numbers with him, but that's probably less than 1% of the playerbase. I did Multiplayer in a few talent book domains with randoms and the Ittos were hitting for like 3-6k, not exactly meta damage. 7-12k with the Geo burst up. With his current numbers, it feels like there's something missing from his kit, like how Noelle has a shield and a heal.

Pejo

Clearly mihoyo's B-team, wouldn't be surprised if they become the C-team when star rail releases.
You joke, but Honkai feels much more like a labor of love than Genshin does. Overall quality is heavily in Genshin's favor, but the Honkai dev team actually wants to make a fun game for fans and likeminded weebs. Genshin is like the EA Games product in MHY's lineup.

BlackM1st

Banned
7-12k with the Geo burst up.
Lmao Laughter GIF

Noelle has a shield and a heal
He can't touch her

dear3ax-e43f3f8a-6461-4ff2-850a-e63039c82cb6.png

Episode 17 GIF by The Simpsons

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
When I was putting time in on his trial, the bull was the most fun move in his kit. I think he needs a % buff to cover for his element being Geo. He's just a worse Eula as it is. Mega whales can get nice numbers with him, but that's probably less than 1% of the playerbase. I did Multiplayer in a few talent book domains with randoms and the Ittos were hitting for like 3-6k, not exactly meta damage. 7-12k with the Geo burst up. With his current numbers, it feels like there's something missing from his kit, like how Noelle has a shield and a heal.
Im co-op domains I do 20-40k crits with shit artifacts, Katsuragikiri Nagamasa and no geo team.

Pejo

Im co-op domains I do 20-40k crits with shit artifacts, Katsuragikiri Nagamasa and no geo team.
You're not on NA servers are you? I'd like to see a good non-whale youtube video Itto. I genuinely like him after his story quest, he just seems undertuned.

Fuz

Banned
You're not on NA servers are you? I'd like to see a good non-whale youtube video Itto. I genuinely like him after his story quest, he just seems undertuned.
Nope, EU, but for reference...
My Xiao+Bennet+Xianling team (decently built, didn't farm much anyway 'cause I hate domains) takes Dvalin down in 2 "descents". Same as Itto+Gorou+Sayu+Aloy (chill guys, it's a friendship farm team).
Since I'm not a theorycrafter, here's their stats:
Take them for what you want.

Last edited:

Pejo

Nope, EU, but for reference...
My Xiao+Bennet+Xianling team (decently built, didn't farm much anyway 'cause I hate domains) takes Dvalin down in 2 "descents". Same as Itto+Gorou+Sayu+Aloy (chill guys, it's a friendship farm team).
Since I'm not a theorycrafter, here's their stats:
Take them for what you want.
I'm surprised your Xiao can't kill him in 1 vulnerable phase, those are pretty good stats and you hit the 1:3 Crit to CDMG ratio. Especially since he can hop up on the neck with 1 jump instead of climbing. Maybe Gorou is the missing piece of the Itto puzzle since furryboi is basically an accessory to him similar to Sara being a pocket buffer for Shogun.

Yamisan

He's fun but so useless =\

Fuz

Banned
Maybe Gorou is the missing piece of the Itto puzzle since furryboi is basically an accessory to him similar to Sara being a pocket buffer for Shogun.
Yeah, the difference is huge.

I *did* kill Dvalin in one vulnerable phase with Xiao... once. He needs more crit rate, I guess.

Itto and the geo team suck major ass with:
- Geo Slimes. Fucking annoying, takes ages with only phys damage which is barebones in Itto's builds.
- Fatui shields. Also depends on who else you got on your team, but the solutions is simply... to kill them before they apply the shield.
Everything else, he's my fastest killer by far. Xiao would be faster, I guess, IF they kept inside his AoE range. He's cool but really a fucking pain to play.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
I'm surprised your Xiao can't kill him in 1 vulnerable phase, those are pretty good stats and you hit the 1:3 Crit to CDMG ratio. Especially since he can hop up on the neck with 1 jump instead of climbing. Maybe Gorou is the missing piece of the Itto puzzle since furryboi is basically an accessory to him similar to Sara being a pocket buffer for Shogun.
That's what happens when you choose suffering.

He's fun but so useless =\
LOL, I think it kinda fits him. Not like it makes him better, but I find it amusing.

Yeah, the difference is huge.

I *did* kill Dvalin in one vulnerable phase with Xiao... once. He needs more crit rate, I guess.
What WL you are on?

BlackM1st

Banned
I didn't do the last ascension. But anyway, Dvalin isn't tied to WL, I do the highest domain level.
You need to farm some artifacts and build a proper 1HK team and hit the final ascension. You are leaving a lot of free resources on a table. At your level you'll probably will not even notice the difference in difficulty.

Pejo

You need to farm some artifacts and build a proper 1HK team and hit the final ascension. You are leaving a lot of free resources on a table. At your level you'll probably will not even notice the difference in difficulty.
You can hit final character and weapon ascension at the WL Fuz and I are stopped at. I have a full roster of level 90 characters (minus Benny, Chongus, Aloy, and waterboi). The only thing we're missing out on is a few mora and likelihood of an extra purple XP book at the leylines. Everything else is already maxed out before the final uncap.

Here's some preliminary descriptions of Dendro reactions.

Last edited:
  • Strength
Reactions: Fuz

BlackM1st

Banned
You can hit final character and weapon ascension at the WL Fuz and I are stopped at. I have a full roster of level 90 characters (minus Benny, Chongus, Aloy, and waterboi). The only thing we're missing out on is a few mora and likelihood of an extra purple XP book at the leylines. Everything else is already maxed out before the final uncap.

Wall of text about nothing lol I ain't reading it, sorry xD

Yaoyao-%28Genshin-Impact%29-Genshin-Impact-%D1%84%D1%8D%D0%BD%D0%B4%D0%BE%D0%BC%D1%8B-Klee-%28Genshin-Impact%29-6859773.png

1st Dendro is close enough, so I'd rather see it in action.

I doubt that I'll pull tho, probably another useless support.

I also wonder how many of Dendro characters we are gonna get in the next 6 months. Is it gonna be 1 new Dendro in each patch? I mean... Having 1 5☆ and 1 4☆ isn't something that would validate 2 years of work lol

Pejo

Wall of text about nothing lol I ain't reading it, sorry xD

Yaoyao-%28Genshin-Impact%29-Genshin-Impact-%D1%84%D1%8D%D0%BD%D0%B4%D0%BE%D0%BC%D1%8B-Klee-%28Genshin-Impact%29-6859773.png

I also wonder how many of Dendro characters we are gonna get in the next 6 months. Is it gonna be 1 new Dendro in each patch? I mean... Having 1 5☆ and 1 4☆ isn't something that would validate 2 years of work lol
It basically just says we have stripped out data and names of reactions, and it's likely that the reactions will be new unique reactions instead of buffing damage like Vape/Melt or adding a layer of damage like Electro Charged/Superconduct/etc.

Well we know there's Yaoyao which will likely be given for free in an event or something, then there's Baizhu the snekboi. Then there's talk of that Ninja retainer for Ayato being Dendro. I think that's all of the known ones for now.

Fuz

Banned

Rumors said YaoYao will be a free 4 star.

Anyway, I think we could have very well lived without Dendro. Which sounds pretty uninteresting and just bloat, so far.

Last edited:

Saber

The lack of straigh fowardness from this guy is astonishing. It's hard to read when he is not direct and keep using filler words to make the text bigger for no particular reason.

Anyway outside the fact that he got the name of 2 reactions in the beta data, this is not informative and neither worth reading.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
The lack of straigh fowardness from this guy is astonishing. It's hard to read when he is not direct and keep using filler words to make the text bigger for no particular reason.

Anyway outside the fact that he got the name of 2 reactions in the beta date, this is not informative and neither worth reading.
lol called it

Mitch Survivor Australia GIF by Australian Survivor

It's hard to imagine dendro being of any importance right now since we've been doing fine without it for over a year. A lot of people are used to the current 'meta' and I think it'll take a lot of convincing to get people to try other teams than melt and vape. Along with that comes the investment required to build dendro characters and the teams they might fit in. For me dendro has to change the rules of the game. If it doesn't, it's a failed element.

Somehow I feel dendro is either gonna be super OP to get people to pull, or absolutely pointless (in which case people will still pull because they're bored out of there minds).

YukiOnna

God the epilogue chapter for Inazuma is going to be so jarring storywise.
>It is time for you to leave Inazuma
>I just got here and resolved everything in 3 short chapters man

God the epilogue chapter for Inazuma is going to be so jarring storywise.
>It is time for you to leave Inazuma
>I just got here and resolved everything in 3 short chapters man
Depends how much they truly want to wrap things up. Inazuma is technically still an isolationist country. All we stopped was the vision hunt decree. Ei hasn't really budged on her plans. The civil war hasn't truly ended, there's just a truce. Watatsumi still has armed forces on standby. Scara is still out there. It's possible they'll make us chase him to Sumeru, but I find it more likely they'll want to wrap up that story with a final reunion between him and Ei. Yea Miko is heavily involved in the main story, so I assume her character quest will continue it in some form. Not to mention all the other Inazuman characters that will come out in the future (although those could easily be side stories like Itto's).

YukiOnna

Depends how much they truly want to wrap things up. Inazuma is technically still an isolationist country. All we stopped was the vision hunt decree. Ei hasn't really budged on her plans. The civil war hasn't truly ended, there's just a truce. Watatsumi still has armed forces on standby. Scara is still out there. It's possible they'll make us chase him to Sumeru, but I find it more likely they'll want to wrap up that story with a final reunion between him and Ei. Yea Miko is heavily involved in the main story, so I assume her character quest will continue it in some form. Not to mention all the other Inazuman characters that will come out in the future (although those could easily be side stories like Itto's).
I hope they're planning to continue those threads and Scara's relationship to Ei and Inazuma won't be ignored and Yae's charm will have story significance. But a lot of other things such as Inazuma's state can be continued through character quests and Events like they did with Liyue at least. My actual problem is since they went through it at mach speed, it feels like I just got here rather than an actual journey where I'm finally ready to leave for Sumeru.

BlackM1st

Banned
I hope they're planning to continue those threads and Scara's relationship to Ei and Inazuma won't be ignored and Yae's charm will have story significance. But a lot of other things such as Inazuma's state can be continued through character quests and Events like they did with Liyue at least. My actual problem is since they went through it at mach speed, it feels like I just got here rather than an actual journey where I'm finally ready to leave for Sumeru.
No time waste man, Liyue is waiting!

• Praise the Sun
Reactions: Fuz

Fuz

Banned
uu3psm7r5g881.jpg

I'm cursed to pull EVERY FUCKING YANFEI AND XINYAN BANNER.

j47c6hyu4g881.png

Another bloodbath.

Last edited:

Freeman76

Cant believe how much I'm enjoying this, incredible game and such a calm experience

UnTIL

You spend 8.99 on the BP not realising there is only 4 days left, a limit on how many points I can accrue and literally no way I can anywhere near complete it. I know its my fault for not researching it but they could at least put some kind of adisory up for new players.

Soured me a little bit but wont stop me playing lol

crumbs

Cant believe how much I'm enjoying this, incredible game and such a calm experience

UnTIL

You spend 8.99 on the BP not realising there is only 4 days left, a limit on how many points I can accrue and literally no way I can anywhere near complete it. I know its my fault for not researching it but they could at least put some kind of adisory up for new players.

That's a bummer. You only need Level 30 for the weapon at least, but you'll miss out on resources by not completely finishing it. How many levels do you think you can finish before the end of the BP period?

Freeman76

That's a bummer. You only need Level 30 for the weapon at least, but you'll miss out on resources by not completely finishing it. How many levels do you think you can finish before the end of the BP period?
Im not sure as im really new to it all i dont know how best to grind points, but i doubt i can get far as there is a cap that lifts on the same day it ends. Its dumbasses like me these companies prey on, its like going out for dinner, paying up front when they know they're closing in 10 mins and you wont have time to eat 🤣🤣

BlackM1st

Banned

UnTIL

LOL, it happens. For BP you need to know 1 thing : concentrate on daily and weekly missions. Limited Event point rewards are usually will overflow it, but for new players it's a big help too.

Fuz

Banned

UnTIL

NEVER buy BP until you finished it.

Or even better, never buy BP.

crumbs

Im not sure as im really new to it all i dont know how best to grind points, but i doubt i can get far as there is a cap that lifts on the same day it ends. Its dumbasses like me these companies prey on, its like going out for dinner, paying up front when they know they're closing in 10 mins and you wont have time to eat 🤣🤣

Yes, the game dumps a lot of gameplay systems and currencies on you when you're first starting out, it can be overwhelming.

Fuz Fuz and BlackM1st BlackM1st both have given you some good advice:

1. You should wait until completing the BP before buying.
2. Don't feel it's necessary to buy it. You still get some rewards from completing BP missions, they're just not as good as the $10 BP (Gnostic Hymn) rewards. Definitely avoid the more expensive version of the BP (Gnostic Chorus)
3. If you're playing nearly everyday, completing the BP shouldn't be too difficult. Doing your dailies and most of the weeklies, plus the event specific "Battle Pass Period" missions should see you finishing it with time to spare.
4. The weekly 10000 BP limit only applies BP points from Daily and Weekly events. The "Battle Pass Period" events do not count toward the weekly cap.

You can find more info on the value and details for the BP here.

I was hoping for Yanfei constellations, but the rest of those banners are rough. Still no Fischl and/or Kujou is a disgrace too. Have we ever had two characters of the same element on the banner? Yanfei + Xinyan seems like a stretch to me, but I guess there's a first time for everything.

crumbs

If those banners are real, I have some decisions to make:

- I would like some Zhongli constellations. I have him at C0, would at least like C1.
- Wouldn't mind Ganyu constellations, but probably not a priority. I have her at C1 (I somehow pulled her twice within 12 pulls on her first banner, pretty much used up all my GI karma on that one :messenger_grinning:)
- I'd also love to get Kazuha to C1 as well. He's become one of my favorites.
- But I'm also looking to get the Shogun (missed her banner) and maybe Yae, depending on her kit.

I've stuck to low spending in this game (BP + Welkin), but I may need to:

Angry Credit Card GIF by VitraCash

BlackM1st

Banned
If those banners are real, I have some decisions to make:

- I would like some Zhongli constellations. I have him at C0, would at least like C1.
- Wouldn't mind Ganyu constellations, but probably not a priority. I have her at C1 (I somehow pulled her twice within 12 pulls on her first banner, pretty much used up all my GI karma on that one :messenger_grinning:)
- I'd also love to get Kazuha to C1 as well. He's become one of my favorites.
- But I'm also looking to get the Shogun (missed her banner) and maybe Yae, depending on her kit.

I've stuck to low spending in this game (BP + Welkin), but I may need to:

Angry Credit Card GIF by VitraCash
Definitely save up something for Baal. Everything else is a bonus.

BlackM1st

Banned
Why do you even want C1 Zhongli? Those pillars are a tiny, insignificant part of his kit. All they ever do is mess up elemental reactions. Are you running a mono geo team or something?
LOL, they're absolutely useless irl, but hey... who can say no to 2 hard rock p...illars? They look way cool xD

crumbs

Definitely save up something for Baal. Everything else is a bonus.
I've got around 140 wishes currently, but in terms of characters I'm interested in, these banners are densely loaded up.

Why do you even want C1 Zhongli? Those pillars are a tiny, insignificant part of his kit. All they ever do is mess up elemental reactions. Are you running a mono geo team or something?
I have him on a 4pc Tenacity of the Millelith artifact set and I figured the multiple pillars would increase the likelihood of triggering the 4pc bonus effect. But as you mentioned, this may be a negative when it comes to reactions, so it's probably not worth the wish investment. I don't run him in a mono-geo team, but I do use Ningguang a decent amount.

Last edited:

Pejo

uu3psm7r5g881.jpg

I'm cursed to pull EVERY FUCKING YANFEI AND XINYAN BANNER.

j47c6hyu4g881.png

Another bloodbath.
Jesus, MHY pressed the "fuck you, give us money" button 4 times in a row. Insane set of banners, especially for people that recently started the game. I'm happy with my Shogun where she is, so it's just Shenhe and Yae for me.

Diluc/Fischl skin rumored for 2.5. So that's where she will be.

Whitney Houston GIF

Though, I don't know why I keep getting excited for skins. Diluc's will probably be the same outfit but white and with a Colonel Sanders mustache, and Fischl's will be a prom dress with a Lampgrass theme. Good skins seem like an impossibility with Genshin.

BlackM1st

Banned
I don't run him in a mono-geo team, but I do use Ningguan
Ningg and C1 Geo is hilarity waiting to happen. Add Baal's skill and yeah... Basically an "autoplay" button xD

Unfortunately I doubt that Yae will be able to add more insanity into that comp tho, because her pillars will probably destroy Geo Lord's and Ningg's geo constructs...

Top Bottom