• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Pejo

They keep all these relationships and interactions deliberately ambiguous so people can make it fit their own headcanon. "OMG Chongyun totally has the hots for his auntie!" VS "He was just getting heated because he didn't eat his popsicle" VS "Chongyun is gay for Xinqiu that's why they hang out all the time" etc. They put just enough stuff in the game that it remains uncertain. That's why I don't really care how they depict these characters. They're all ultimately for you as the player to do with as you please.
Oh yea, everyone is able to have their interpretations for sure, but my problem with shippers is how loud they are about it and how they try to force it into canon, the opposite of MHY's intentions.

Also, dragging this up from last year just because.

8jn1jy8hhch61.png

Fake

Gold Member
Oh yea, everyone is able to have their interpretations for sure, but my problem with shippers is how loud they are about it and how they try to force it into canon, the opposite of MHY's intentions.

They're annoying as fuck.

8jn1jy8hhch61.png

Nice artwork. Is this official or fanmade?

Last edited:

YukiOnna

8jn1jy8hhch61.png
It's why I'm glad no matter how hard they push the Ganyu/Keqing one, MHY clearly intent on keeping her Travelersexual. Seeing the leaps in logic they do where last years valentines, despite being separate images, they concluded they were giving it to each other made my head hurt. I don't understand their disdain for Traveler based one but okay with whatever headcanon ships they have.

Reddit: "OMG she said that her dress looks nice, they FUCKIN'! yaaaas queen!"
This one is so insane because beidou has no problem giving complements to anyone, it's part of her personality that she pretty extroverted in that regard.
These emotionally stunted neckbeards in the fandom have no idea what healthy interactions look like.

Shippers are mentally ill

Pejo

This one is so insane because beidou has no problem giving complements to anyone, it's part of her personality that she pretty extroverted in that regard.
These emotionally stunted neckbeards in the fandom have no idea what healthy interactions look like.

Shippers are mentally ill
I do actually attribute most of the shipping to people that have no real life experience with interpersonal relationships and reading verbal queues/body languages and are unable to read the situation. It's a little sad when you think about it on those terms. But yes I agree 100%.

Looks like 2.6 is going to be all over the place:

5ud7gf0urth81.jpg

YukiOnna

I do actually attribute most of the shipping to people that have no real life experience with interpersonal relationships and reading verbal queues/body languages and are unable to read the situation. It's a little sad when you think about it on those terms. But yes I agree 100%.

Looks like 2.6 is going to be all over the place:

5ud7gf0urth81.jpg
It puts me at ease knowing that no matter what patch we're on, we'll always find a way to go back to Liyue.

Truly an achievement.

There's an amazing, and hilarious, on-title bit about this in arrested development:

Pejo

It puts me at ease knowing that no matter what patch we're on, we'll always find a way to go back to Liyue.

Truly an achievement.
I'm ok with nation hopping during the patches, no need to focus on a single one each time. The Liyue stuff they're talking about is Chasm, so I'm 100% on board as long as it's a fun new area.

There's an amazing, and hilarious, on-title bit about this in arrested development:

Man I love that show.

Also:

Patchly reminder -

• Don't do your weekly quests (bosses) before the new BP
  • Don't do your dailies until after maintenance on the 15th (tomorrow).
  • Maintenance starts at 2PM PST, ends at 7PM PST.
  • Give her your primogems
  • EYMMYVjWUlb6Y9oyj2yZ9qgelEntDNCu5dkaTcdngMg.jpg

YukiOnna

I'm ok with nation hopping during the patches, no need to focus on a single one each time. The Liyue stuff they're talking about is Chasm, so I'm 100% on board as long as it's a fun new area.
Yeah I'm hyped for it, too. I just found it funny since we're going back to Liyue in 2.5 for the Mario Maker Domain thing. Which I'm dreading because I suck at that stuff.
Also:

Patchly reminder -

• Don't do your weekly quests (bosses) before the new BP
  • Don't do your dailies until after maintenance on the 15th (tomorrow).
  • Maintenance starts at 2PM PST, ends at 7PM PST.
  • Give her your primogems
  • EYMMYVjWUlb6Y9oyj2yZ9qgelEntDNCu5dkaTcdngMg.jpg
Have 81 F2P rolls total to give her. Hope gacha is kind to me.

EDIT:
While the yuri shipping is out of control, postcard still provides some fun stuff

Last edited:

YukiOnna

I'm fine with them being light hearted. Yae's was a culmination of how it's said she adores humans and the little things of that society and the various hearsay from individuals who met her.

Zhongli's also had little to do with Morax and more who he is right now IIRC.

Last edited:

Pejo

What a fun trailer. Soon.

I'm trying to postulate what team I'm going to run with her.

-needs Anemo for the VV effect
-going to try to run her as on-field dps I guess?
-probably needs a shielder
-buffer never hurts

So without taking someone from my other teams, here's what I'm thinking:

Yae/Sucrose/Xinyan/Sara.

You get Electro resonance for the ER, you get Sucrose for VV applicator and gather, Xinyan for shielding and character centered pyro application on the shield to overload away any small enemies that get close, Sara for buffs? I dunno, I don't really like it now that I typed it out, but I'm not exactly sure what a Yae focused team would look like. Electro charged damage could be decent, so maybe Kokomi or Childe? I dunno.

I just hope Yae's numbers are good. For as much as I like Lisa, we don't need another one of her.

*edit*

For fucks sake, reddit is already shipping Yae with the NPC from the trailer. Fucking socially backwards psychopaths.

Jerry Seinfeld Reaction GIF

Last edited:

YukiOnna

I'm trying to postulate what team I'm going to run with her.

-needs Anemo for the VV effect
-going to try to run her as on-field dps I guess?
-probably needs a shielder
-buffer never hurts

So without taking someone from my other teams, here's what I'm thinking:

Yae/Sucrose/Xinyan/Sara.

You get Electro resonance for the ER, you get Sucrose for VV applicator and gather, Xinyan for shielding and character centered pyro application on the shield to overload away any small enemies that get close, Sara for buffs? I dunno, I don't really like it now that I typed it out, but I'm not exactly sure what a Yae focused team would look like. Electro charged damage could be decent, so maybe Kokomi or Childe? I dunno.

I just hope Yae's numbers are good. For as much as I like Lisa, we don't need another one of her.
I know one of her main qualities if providing off field damage, but I hope we can run her as a main on field DPS. Her Sesshou Sakura seems like a lot of fun to use. I guess what level her SS are and w/ buffs will amplify her burst. Hoping she doesn't hit like a wet noodle thanks to that.

Pejo

I know one of her main qualities if providing off field damage, but I hope we can run her as a main on field DPS. Her Sesshou Sakura seems like a lot of fun to use. I guess what level her SS are and w/ buffs will amplify her burst. Hoping she doesn't hit like a wet noodle thanks to that.
Yea I get what her supposed slot is, but I already have Beidou, Fischl, and Shogun for off-field Electro, I don't need any more of that. I'm really hoping I can make a DPS build work.

YukiOnna

Yea I get what her supposed slot is, but I already have Beidou, Fischl, and Shogun for off-field Electro, I don't need any more of that. I'm really hoping I can make a DPS build work.
Same. Hopefully reactions, Level 3 SS, and buffs will make her viable.
Also, whatever Artifact set she uses. I don't know if MHY is going to do another patch later tailor made set introduction...

*edit*

For fucks sake, reddit is already shipping Yae with the NPC from the trailer. Fucking socially backwards psychopaths.

Jerry Seinfeld Reaction GIF
Yah I saw. Rolled my eyes and closed it immediately. These guys always find a way...

Pejo

Same. Hopefully reactions, Level 3 SS, and buffs will make her viable.
Also, whatever Artifact set she uses. I don't know if MHY is going to do another patch later tailor made set introduction...

Yah I saw. Rolled my eyes and closed it immediately. These guys always find a way...
So I was looking at her constellations, provided they don't change from the beta:

JO6YhyK.jpg

Looks like they're heavily funneling you into C4 if you want to run her as an effective DPS. No way am I doing that, but I hope that means that she has a viable DPS build that constellations would improve, not a Zhongli situation of "becomes a different character" at a certain constellation.

YukiOnna

So I was looking at her constellations, provided they don't change from the beta:

JO6YhyK.jpg

Looks like they're heavily funneling you into C4 if you want to run her as an effective DPS. No way am I doing that, but I hope that means that she has a viable DPS build that constellations would improve, not a Zhongli situation of "becomes a different character" at a certain constellation.
Oof yeah. C2 and C4 are where you ideally want her it looks like, but if nothing changed it's constellations I can accept for later on unlike ZL. Should be good to try then since it's more based on her core gameplay than changing everything.

Pejo

What do you guys think is more worthy? Raiden C2 or Raiden C0 with signature weapon?
Boy, that's a tough question. If her weapon wasn't so specifically tailored for her, I'd say the constellation easy, as other upgrade/sidegrade weapons could be released later, but it's damn near perfect for her kit. That said, the Catch is surprisingly good for a free option.

If you go for that Constellation though, you want to really focus on using her burst as much as possible, or it's wasted. I mostly use her for off-field support with occasional burst, in my Eula team. If I built a Shogun focus team, the constellation is very strong.

SSfox

Boy, that's a tough question. If her weapon wasn't so specifically tailored for her, I'd say the constellation easy, as other upgrade/sidegrade weapons could be released later, but it's damn near perfect for her kit. That said, the Catch is surprisingly good for a free option.

If you go for that Constellation though, you want to really focus on using her burst as much as possible, or it's wasted. I mostly use her for off-field support with occasional burst, in my Eula team. If I built a Shogun focus team, the constellation is very strong.

Oh I see thanks. I don't know if i'll get her, if I do it will be C0 at best, still need to know who's gonna be in 2.6, just ask for curiosity cause her C2 looks broken haha, almost looks like a C6.

Pejo

Oh I see thanks. I don't know if i'll get her, if I do it will be C0 at best, still need to know who's gonna be in 2.6, just ask for curiosity cause her C2 looks broken haha, almost looks like a C6.
It's pretty busted for short bursts, since it only lasts while she's in katana mode, but yea it can do big numbers for sure.

2.6 has been mostly leaked already. Ayato + a new 4*, probably that Shinobu girl (we haven't seen her yet). Venti and most likely Klee reruns to match up with a Mondstadt event.

SSfox

It's pretty busted for short bursts, since it only lasts while she's in katana mode, but yea it can do big numbers for sure.

2.6 has been mostly leaked already. Ayato + a new 4*, probably that Shinobu girl (we haven't seen her yet). Venti and most likely Klee reruns to match up with a Mondstadt event.

Isn't 2.7 the monstadt event? 2.6 should be chasm and a Kazuha quest w rerun?) and potential Yoimiya rerun. Shinobu should be a 4* character.

They really should've made her a ranged electro on-field DPS character. We don't really have one of those yet. As is, she's competing with all the other off-field electro characters. Very odd choice.

Pejo

All I can think of is at least Kokomi and Succ/Kaz.
So you're going Electro Charged route? Probably not a bad idea. I want to see how badly she gets interrupted during her attack chain without a shield, but that might be a good way to go. For Yoimiya for instance, she almost can't exist without a shield because her biggest hits are 3 and 5 in her normal combo, so if you have to dodge or get knocked back, you never live up to your damage potential with her. Yae is more even and her combo is only 3 hits, but the 3rd hit is the biggest one, so we'll have to see I guess. It's such a shame that Electro has no amplifier reactions. Even if it was just one element, that would make them so much more viable. Maybe dendro?

Fake

Gold Member
I think its gonna be the case for most of the new characters. None of them have anything unique which makes me want to get them. Only anemo characters have some unique or fun mechanics. I hope dendro brings something new.

Raiden is brute, Fish probably the best electro support, just use OZ and put your main DPS. I really can't see Yae doing something. I guess is pretty much the cavia of Catalyst chars.

Pejo

New HoYoVerse promotional video from their Anime studio for Honkai/Winter Olympics. Not really related to Genshin but it's a slow news day while we wait for the update.

Last edited:
Top Bottom