• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

YukiOnna

So you're going Electro Charged route? Probably not a bad idea. I want to see how badly she gets interrupted during her attack chain without a shield, but that might be a good way to go. For Yoimiya for instance, she almost can't exist without a shield because her biggest hits are 3 and 5 in her normal combo, so if you have to dodge or get knocked back, you never live up to your damage potential with her. Yae is more even and her combo is only 3 hits, but the 3rd hit is the biggest one, so we'll have to see I guess. It's such a shame that Electro has no amplifier reactions. Even if it was just one element, that would make them so much more viable. Maybe dendro?
She has the benefit of a movement skill as well so it definitely helps her. Otherwise the final slot will go to a shielder yea. I am sad how they kinda shit the bed with electro and did nothing so far for it outside of % adjustments

Pejo

She has the benefit of a movement skill as well so it definitely helps her. Otherwise the final slot will go to a shielder yea. I am sad how they kinda shit the bed with electro and did nothing so far for it outside of % adjustments

same vibe

tumblr_lzjrsoo61q1r50h4io1_400.jpg

*edit*

Almost time...

rxafoaf.gif

Last edited:
Good luck to everyone pulling.

I'm interested to see how she performs, both in-game and her banner as a whole. I feel like they're doing her dirty by putting her up against Raiden in the same patch.

YukiOnna

Shogun True Boss fulfilled every weeb dream I had. Truly a boss design they nailed in all phases for me- enjoyed it a lot more than Azhdaha (which I liked).

The dynamic music was GOAT.

Last edited:

Pejo

Shogun True Boss fulfilled every weeb dream I had. Truly a boss design they nailed in all phases for me- enjoyed it a lot more than Azhdaha (which I liked).

The dynamic music was GOAT.
Hell yea, every action game should have dynamic music like MGR and DMC. Makes it so much more intense. When she turns into god doll form and the music mounts, feels awesome.

Way more challenging of a fight (in the non-story mode) than any of the other bosses combined. Maybe it's just because I'm not super familiar with the mechanics yet, but letting her hit you and go into god doll seems like a huge pain in the ass. Time to dust off your dodging skills. I went in with my "all arounder" team of Childe/Yoimiya/Beidou/Diona and it took forever for me to get her shield down with either Yoimiya's overloads or Diona's superconducts. Wonder if there's a better element for breaking that shield. I also don't know how to dodge the 3rd phase of the doll mode where the big spikes are on the ground emitting pulses. You can i-frame dodge through them but there also seems to be some sort of stamina drain going on at the same time. Popping that bubble shield to avoid her 1HKO is so damn satisfying, especially with Beidou.

I feel good about the game if these are the types of bosses they're building for us in the future. Multi-faceted, tough but fair, great arena, great music. Blown away A++

Casuals are NEVER going to be able to beat her solo outside of the story fight.

Anyways, I got Yae in my 5th multipull, I still have about 4.8k primos.
72z1PZl.gif

I'm debating if I want to try the weapon banner or maybe go for a constellation. I'm not rolling on the 2nd half of 2.5 at all, so I'll have time to rebuild savings. She seems fun and very strong, and I agree with YukiOnna YukiOnna 's plan of building her for Electro Charged teams.

It should be noted time and time again, the way to make a character fun is to have low cooldowns on their elemental skill. In Yae's case specifically, it's fun dancing around the area as her and bowing things up. Mine's only level 50 with shit artifacts and weapon, but I see a lot of potential in her regardless. I was running Yae/Sara/Kaz/Kokomi.

Looks like I made the right move investing in Kokocoin, she's been useful in several team comps now.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

PUxyJ2v.jpg

Good girl Ei.
Hell yea, every action game should have dynamic music like MGR and DMC. Makes it so much more intense. When she turns into god doll form and the music mounts, feels awesome.

Way more challenging of a fight (in the non-story mode) than any of the other bosses combined. Maybe it's just because I'm not super familiar with the mechanics yet, but letting her hit you and go into god doll seems like a huge pain in the ass. Time to dust off your dodging skills. I went in with my "all arounder" team of Childe/Yoimiya/Beidou/Diona and it took forever for me to get her shield down with either Yoimiya's overloads or Diona's superconducts. Wonder if there's a better element for breaking that shield. I also don't know how to dodge the 3rd phase of the doll mode where the big spikes are on the ground emitting pulses. You can i-frame dodge through them but there also seems to be some sort of stamina drain going on at the same time. Popping that bubble shield to avoid her 1HKO is so damn satisfying, especially with Beidou.

I feel good about the game if these are the types of bosses they're building for us in the future. Multi-faceted, tough but fair, great arena, great music. Blown away A++
Yu Peng Chen deserves award for the boss tracks alone. Team seemed to have a lot of fun working with Shogun since it's a massive upgrade over Childe. Also can we get that first form moveset for the next phase of ascensions for Ei? Please? I'm so glad they increased her aggro and punish you for trying to Ganyu out of it from the beginning.

For the attack you mentioned:
I think it's like Ys where you gotta use the 3D space and start jumping since I don't think it me during it and only if I mistimed my jump. You might also be able to throw up Zhongli's dong and stand on top of it. Her RES seems bonkers at times so I'm wondering what can decimate it faster at lvl 90. The 1HKO is full anime and I wouldn't have it any other way.
Anyways, I got Yae in my 5th multipull, I still have about 4.8k primos.
72z1PZl.gif

I'm debating if I want to try the weapon banner or maybe go for a constellation. I'm not rolling on the 2nd half of 2.5 at all, so I'll have time to rebuild savings. She seems fun and very strong, and I agree with YukiOnna YukiOnna 's plan of building her for Electro Charged teams.
Nice. Yeah she seems perfectly viable for on-field DPS and I'm not worried about her numbers anymore. Also, her kit is plain fun and easy to get into.
Looks like I made the right move investing in Kokocoin, she's been useful in several team comps now.
Best fish has become a really versatile option for teams with some of the new updates
9tFtMFb.jpg

BlackM1st

Banned
Got Yae. And I'm back to 0 gems wise. Nice. Weapon banner continues to not disappoint when it comes to eating my gems. Best worst experience ever.

His sleeves looks so stupid lol Also... Dat random idle animation. Just...Why? lol

crumbs

Got Yae. And I'm back to 0 gems wise. Nice. Weapon banner continues to not disappoint when it comes to eating my gems. Best worst experience ever.

His sleeves looks so stupid lol Also... Dat random idle animation. Just...Why? lol

What do you have against boba tea? :messenger_grinning_sweat:

That was pretty underwhelming, the fan art community pretty much ate the character design team's lunch on this one.

BlackM1st

Banned
still building yae so far her damage and energy recharge feels like shit to me.
ER is meh, yes. DMG is kinda bad too. I got her all the way up to 65/233 ratio, so she's kinda doing something. Does she deserves all my gems wasted on her weapon tho? LOLNO

Dregnel

ER is meh, yes. DMG is kinda bad too. I got her all the way up to 65/233 ratio, so she's kinda doing something. Does she deserves all my gems wasted on her weapon tho? LOLNO
the ultimate fills up very quickly where you test the character but not in the open world, i wonder what i am doing wrong.

the ultimate fills up very quickly where you test the character but not in the open world, i wonder what i am doing wrong.
Test runs always have improved energy generation for the purpose of showing off the character. It seems like she needs a dedicated battery (Shogun or Fischl) to properly generate energy for her in the real world.

Dregnel

i'm doing decent damage now with my sucrose c6 + xiangling c6
i use sucrose's E and i get over 124 elemental mastery.
2 thunderfury + 2 shimenawa but i still have the problem with the ER.

Fake

Gold Member
i'm doing decent damage now with my sucrose c6 + xiangling c6
i use sucrose's E and i get over 124 elemental mastery.
2 thunderfury + 2 shimenawa but i still have the problem with the ER.

So, why don't pick up 4 - set energy recharge?

Dregnel

So, why don't pick up 4 - set energy recharge?
i'm tried this but the damage wasn't good i need a decent ER goblet to test it.
her passive is suppose to scale with EM but i don't know she is kind hard to build i'm going to wait for some builds i don't want to spend my resin trying stuffs.

Fake

Gold Member
her passive is suppose to scale with EM but i don't know she is kind hard to build i'm going to wait for some builds i don't want to spend my resin trying stuffs.

Well, the sacrifice book is the best set for her.

I don't particulary like building ER.

Pejo

At least his haircut doesn't look quite as stupid here. His animations feel like budget Kazuha though. Kit is the most boring choice they could have picked too. Burst seems like Hydro Ganyu. Big "Ehhhh" energy.

Also, a fucking boba tea? Really? In a fast food cup on top of it?

w002x1tla6i81.jpg

Another stupid butt cover
2Rce3.gif
So I guess Yelan never was the girl from the Gooba video, this is a totally different design. I can't help but see "Eula - but censored" when I look at this. I like her aesthetic but am not a fan of her design. Guess this is what we're in for with future female characters.

Saber

I have her and had no worries about primary ER, maybe because her artifacts also give ER on secondary effects(can't remember, not playing the game nowadays). I use that book that increases EM and more with reactions. Only problem with Sucrose is that her burst sometimes don't get elemental infusion(dunno why). In my team shes a pretty decent damage dealer, even with auto attacks. Her burst is at max.

I can get yae guaranteed in 30 pulls, but then I need to actually play this game actively again to get enough for the next guaranteed pull...decisions decisions..

Pejo

I can get yae guaranteed in 30 pulls, but then I need to actually play this game actively again to get enough for the next guaranteed pull...decisions decisions..
Well unless you like what you saw with Ayato above, it's safe until 2.7 for new characters.

*edit*

Speaking of - here's a video of his burst in action. The enemies are standing still here so take it with a grain of salt, but that's a lot of procs.

Last edited:

crumbs

After finishing her demo, I ended up liking Yae's play-style more than I thought I would. That said, I'm not really sure about team comps for her. I was thinking about a "Suck and Blow" play-style with Kazuha, Klee's mines, and the Yae's totems, but it could be tricky if the mines are detonated by the electro totems before Kaz can suck. This probably isn't super efficient, but I wanted to try it.

I see a lot people are recommending the Shogun, who I don't currently have. I think I'll keep to my plan of using my current guaranteed pity on the Shogun's banner and maybe revisit Yae down the line.

I wish the Shogun's banner first, and then I could have used my next pity (50-50) on Yae.

Pejo

After finishing her demo, I ended up liking Yae's play-style more than I thought I would. That said, I'm not really sure about team comps for her. I was thinking about a "Suck and Blow" play-style with Kazuha, Klee's mines, and the Yae's totems, but it could be tricky if the mines are detonated by the electro totems before Kaz can suck. This probably isn't super efficient, but I wanted to try it.

I see a lot people are recommending the Shogun, who I don't currently have. I think I'll keep to my plan of using my current guaranteed pity on the Shogun's banner and maybe revisit Yae down the line.

I wish the Shogun's banner first, and then I could have used my next pity (50-50) on Yae.
Yae is a fun little side experiment but she's not going to supplant Shogun in teams, even for off-field Electro. You're making a wise choice in saving for Shogun. At least in the newly released story quest you can use her a bit to see how you like her. Keep in mind, most of the time you won't be using her for normal attacking, so it's kinda skewed there.

crumbs

Yae is a fun little side experiment but she's not going to supplant Shogun in teams, even for off-field Electro. You're making a wise choice in saving for Shogun. At least in the newly released story quest you can use her a bit to see how you like her. Keep in mind, most of the time you won't be using her for normal attacking, so it's kinda skewed there.
That makes sense. I have enough wishes banked to get Yae, then lose the 50-50 pity on Shogun's banner, and still have enough to get the Shogun on the next guaranteed pity.

However, I don't think this a wise use of resources, especially when I inevitably lose the 50-50 pity and end up with another Diluc or Keqing constellation instead of Jean :messenger_pensive: . Rather bank whatever wishes I don't use on the Shogun's banner and spend them on an Ayaka rerun or some unreleased character banner.

Top Bottom