• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

BlackM1st

Banned
That makes sense. I have enough wishes banked to get Yae, then lose the 50-50 pity on Shogun's banner, and still have enough to get the Shogun on the next guaranteed pity.

However, I don't think this a wise use of resources, especially when I inevitably lose the 50-50 pity and end up with another Diluc or Keqing constellation instead of Jean :messenger_pensive: . Rather bank whatever wishes I don't use on the Shogun's banner and spend them on an Ayaka rerun or some unreleased character banner.
Just pull on weapons banner. No gems, no drama

Pejo

Wow, I have to say, this isn't what I expected and I'm a little bummed out that it's a huge hole instead of a series of interconnected labyrinths.

5x76x21097i81.png

*edit*

Oh shit, that's just the overworld part. You actually get taken to a whole new map from there, here's the underground:

b30iz7ufc7i81.png

Now THAT's what I'm talking about. Fucking hyped!

Last edited:
Why is a Liyue character a freebie...
Because Inazuma finally ends its isolationist policies, and people from all over Teyvat can finally visit again, so Xinqiu with his raging hard-on for books is gonna go visit the novel publisher.

At first it sounded kinda dumb to me to have other characters involved with an Inazuman festival. It still kinda is. Characters from Liyue (and Mondstadt to a lesser degree) have had a lot of time to shine already. Can't we focus on Inazuma exclusively a bit more? But I thought Noelle's trip to Liyue was pretty fun as well. It's interesting to see those interactions between different cultures in Genshin.

Would have preferred a free Sayu though.

YukiOnna

Wow, I have to say, this isn't what I expected and I'm a little bummed out that it's a huge hole instead of a series of interconnected labyrinths.

5x76x21097i81.png

*edit*

Oh shit, that's just the overworld part. You actually get taken to a whole new map from there, here's the underground:

fgy1vi61d6i81.jpg

That looks way better. Looks like they make full use of the vertical space.

YukiOnna

Because Inazuma finally ends its isolationist policies, and people from all over Teyvat can finally visit again, so Xinqiu with his raging hard-on for books is gonna go visit the novel publisher.

At first it sounded kinda dumb to me to have other characters involved with an Inazuman festival. It still kinda is. Characters from Liyue (and Mondstadt to a lesser degree) have had a lot of time to shine already. Can't we focus on Inazuma exclusively a bit more? But I thought Noelle's trip to Liyue was pretty fun as well. It's interesting to see those interactions between different cultures in Genshin.

Would have preferred a free Sayu though.
Yeah but at the very least the freebie should be Sayu or hell even Tohma... But you're right that the story will probably be based around Light Novels and Inazuma's welcoming after the abolishment of the Sakoku Decree this patch.

SSfox

q52o0gs1v6i81.png

A free waterboi....woweee

*edit*

Well, Ayato's dead in the water (lol) to me.

yg5phegsm6i81.png

20 second cooldown on his elemental skill. Fucks sake MHY.
That's actually good news, i have him C5 and i wanted to try to get him with Ganyu banner, but i reache 51 100%, glad i stopped. I was planning to to get him in the arteries shop in March but if this is true then this will save me arteries.

Super hyped about Ayato, i think i'm gonna all in on Ayato sama. Gonna have to skip Raiden tho!!

Pejo

Anyone else think that they really need to step up the rewards in the BP? At first it was a pretty good value, but I look at the shit I'm getting on the F2P version at lower tiers, and it's still stuff like 16k mora. Who the fuck is that helping?

At this point in the game, everything should be about double of what they're giving us, or in the case of Mora, add a zero to it. That stuff needs to evolve with the game because it's a significantly worse value now than it was at release. Wouldn't mind if they changed the rank 30 weapons to something new either.

Fuz

Banned

5x76x21097i81.png

*edit*

b30iz7ufc7i81.png

Looks really annoying to navigate tbh

crumbs

Having Xingqiu be the free character for an Inazuma event illustrates how few Inazuma 4 stars they're released so far.

Anyone else think that they really need to step up the rewards in the BP? At first it was a pretty good value, but I look at the shit I'm getting on the F2P version at lower tiers, and it's still stuff like 16k mora. Who the fuck is that helping?

At this point in the game, everything should be about double of what they're giving us, or in the case of Mora, add a zero to it. That stuff needs to evolve with the game because it's a significantly worse value now than it was at release. Wouldn't mind if they changed the rank 30 weapons to something new either.

Yes, they should at least add more weapon options to the 5 available.

A friend streamed his wishing session. He ended with two Yaes in one ten pull after initially losing the 50/50 to Jean. He only spent 70 wishes total. Why don't I ever get insane luck like that?

Pejo

A friend streamed his wishing session. He ended with two Yaes in one ten pull after initially losing the 50/50 to Jean. He only spent 70 wishes total. Why don't I ever get insane luck like that?
I've been blessed by the double 5* 3 times now, once on weapon banner, twice on characters banners. Step up your luck!

Pejo

Yae is pretty meh but still better than Itto atleast.
I don't really see an opportunity for her to shine at the moment, but at least she's not aggressively bad or held back by a purposeful design in her kit. Maybe when we get some more Hydro supports she'll have a better time with Electrocharged shenanigans.

I haven't tried the "taser" comp with her yet, but it might be fun. Her attacks are a bit too slow, but the totems will help fill in, I suppose. We need a faster Hydro applicator character to really make it work though.

Guess I'll do the 30 pulls to get yae and then cry when the dendro archon turns out to be jackal from honkai and I don't have enough for the guaranteed pity.

Pejo

Here are some screenshots of Chasm

Boy the reddit autoformatter on GAF sucks for image galleries.

Ayato signature sword. Could be good on Ayaka/Keq too maybe?

jadkm1v4o6i81.jpg

*edit*

Also getting a new "sakura tree" type thing for Chasm, time gated rewards etc.

e7v05ddzr7i81.jpg

Last edited:
They really need to start doing something about locking ascension materials behind tons of quests.
Imagine being a new player, you pull yae, she's useful for awhile, and then suddenly you can't progress her anymore (and even becomes a burden if you ascend WL too far), because you have to beat mondstadt, beat liyue, travel to inazuma, open it up, gain access to enkanomiya, and finally beat enkanomiya...it's honestly ridiculous and we're only at 2.5.
What happens at 5.5? Beat sumeru, beat fontaine, and do a whole bunch of shit in natlan before you can properly use the character you just pulled?

Pejo

They really need to start doing something about locking ascension materials behind tons of quests.
Imagine being a new player, you pull yae, she's useful for awhile, and then suddenly you can't progress her anymore (and even becomes a burden if you ascend WL too far), because you have to beat mondstadt, beat liyue, travel to inazuma, open it up, gain access to enkanomiya, and finally beat enkanomiya...it's honestly ridiculous and we're only at 2.5.
What happens at 5.5? Beat sumeru, beat fontaine, and do a whole bunch of shit in natlan before you can properly use the character you just pulled?
Yea, I think it was Fake Fake that had a good idea of just expanding the materials you can transmute into the boss material drops to fix this issue. Seems like a good idea, you have to wonder why they haven't done it yet.

So I guess that Kirin Bow (that everybody expected was Ganyu's rerun bow) is now Yelan's signature bow, and Yelan moved from 4* to 5*.
49s6x849ybi81.jpg

They are really running out of censored outfit types apparently, this looks exactly like a mashup of Eula and Rosaria's censored outfit. I'm not impressed.

Dregnel

Yea, I think it was Fake Fake that had a good idea of just expanding the materials you can transmute into the boss material drops to fix this issue. Seems like a good idea, you have to wonder why they haven't done it yet.

So I guess that Kirin Bow (that everybody expected was Ganyu's rerun bow) is now Yelan's signature bow, and Yelan moved from 4* to 5*.
49s6x849ybi81.jpg

They are really running out of censored outfit types apparently, this looks exactly like a mashup of Eula and Rosaria's censored outfit. I'm not impressed.
i like her she looks like the owner of a brothel.

SSfox

Yelan looks great, but huh sucks that she's 5*, gonna skip all the way, unless she add some insane value to teams.

My plan right now is Ayato, Kazuha, Ayaka, Shenhe, then I'mma shill and skip everything until Varka.

SSfox

So, I decided to do 1 multipull 'cause I had 1 full pity + 18 free wishes, I got C5 Fischl and I'm missing Thoma. Why not, right?

Madiobestia.jpg

Building pity: not even once.

That's actually great imo, it's always nice to get 5* even if you're not too interested in. And tbhbYae sound great.

Personally I won't touch this banner, in my case it's very dangerous game I'm 51 pulls 100%.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
That's actually great imo, it's always nice to get 5* even if you're not too interested in. And tbhbYae sound great.

Personally I won't touch this banner, in my case it's very dangerous game I'm 51 pulls 100%.
I don't want her. I don't want to build her, I don't want to farm her artifacts (I still haven't got a good goblet for Raiden ffs and need to minmax Itto and Zhong), I don't want to use books on her. I only see her as a chore.
Luckily I was at 0 pity, so the harm done isn't great. Still thinking about doing one/two more pulls for Thoma and FIschl -_-

SSfox

I don't want her. I don't want to build her, I don't want to farm her artifacts (I still haven't got a good goblet for Raiden ffs and need to minmax Itto and Zhong), I don't want to use books on her. I only see her as a chore.
Luckily I was at 0 pity, so the harm done isn't great. Still thinking about doing one/two more pulls for Thoma and FIschl -_-

Ok I see, too bad we can't trade in the game tho, i would happily trade her with you with my C1 Keking.

Beware on not pulling too much tho, you may end with C3 Yae.

Last edited:
  • Triggered
Reactions: Fuz

crumbs

So, I decided to do 1 multipull 'cause I had 1 full pity + 18 free wishes, I got C5 Fischl and I'm missing Thoma. Why not, right?

Madiobestia.jpg

Building pity: not even once.
Not sure anyone is really "missing" Thoma :messenger_grinning_sweat:. Did you want him to complete your collection of characters or were you looking to use him?

I wouldn't mind Diona cons, but I already have Fischl at C6, so this banner is a no-go for me.

Last edited:
I haven't had fun pulling on the banner since Klee was on in 1.0 and that's only because I didn't know I had a guaranteed pity at the time. There's just too much riding on it and you never get the stuff you want. It's not just "Can I get this character I want" but rather "I hope I don't get absolute garbage again that wastes my built pity and ruins my account." Not sure if that's what MHY intended, but I doubt that gets people to pay up.

crumbs

I haven't had fun pulling on the banner since Klee was on in 1.0 and that's only because I didn't know I had a guaranteed pity at the time. There's just too much riding on it and you never get the stuff you want. It's not just "Can I get this character I want" but rather "I hope I don't get absolute garbage again that wastes my built pity and ruins my account." Not sure if that's what MHY intended, but I doubt that gets people to pay up.
Indeed. It was a lot more fun pulling for new characters at the start of the game since you wouldn't need to invest a lot of time and resources to make them useable at lower world levels.

Now I'm at WL8 and as a low spender, there's less incentive to experiment on new characters since the resources required are so much higher. Doesn't help that a lot of the new 4 stars are more team/character support specific.

Aside from the nonsense of clearing enkanomiya, Yae is a lot of fun to play, my team comp is probably not the most effective, but I'm killing thing without any real problems with it.
I use noelle to apply shield and maybe healing if needed, switch to xinyan and apply shield + pyro, switch to aloy use her skill for melt/damage/cryo application, maybe also user her burst cause it builds really fast, and then switch to Yae for superconduct and the rest of the dps; even ruin mechs seem to just fall over from this rotation, and the double shields mean yae doesn't have to worry about being interrupted or damaged.
I could probably switch someone for venti or sucrose, but I like how clean/no hassle this rotation is now.

Time to clear enkanomiya and get yae to 70.

Top Bottom