• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Pejo

Finished the event. Why are the finales to these events always end like a wet fart? I was really enjoying the story until it just finished and I got the fade out "to be continued" bullshit. For the challenge, you get all rewards just for doing the hardest one.

Overall, I give it a 9/10 though, compelling story, fun puzzles. The darkness mechanic may as well not have existed, since you level up the box so quickly. I don't think I was ever more than 3 corrosion off from any area I was actively exploring. I'd like more of these types of events.

I don't remember when I got Yanfei but I slept in her.
Proud Of You Reaction GIF

Pejo

Just popping in to say I've been playing a lot more than I have in awhile and I don't remember when I got Yanfei but I slept in her. She's great
She's one of the characters on my list to play around with after I get everyone I actively use sufficiently built. She's got a really simple kit and gameplay design, but the few times I played around with her, it was very straightforward but strong. I like her gameplay better than Klee at any rate. Did you get the book from the summer islands event? It's really great for her.

bargeparty

She's one of the characters on my list to play around with after I get everyone I actively use sufficiently built. She's got a really simple kit and gameplay design, but the few times I played around with her, it was very straightforward but strong. I like her gameplay better than Klee at any rate. Did you get the book from the summer islands event? It's really great for her.

When i played previously, i didn't do many of the main quests or events and all that. So I'm sort of getting up to speed a bit. Even though I've leveled my main party up to 50 i only beat stormterror and got to liyue not too long ago.

I spend a lot of time roaming around and doing side stuff

SSfox

Curious on what good F2P options for Ayato, any thought on Royal longsword on him?

Finished the event. Why are the finales to these events always end like a wet fart? I was really enjoying the story until it just finished and I got the fade out "to be continued" bullshit. For the challenge, you get all rewards just for doing the hardest one.

Overall, I give it a 9/10 though, compelling story, fun puzzles. The darkness mechanic may as well not have existed, since you level up the box so quickly. I don't think I was ever more than 3 corrosion off from any area I was actively exploring. I'd like more of these types of events.

yes played bit, it's fun and enjoyable, give you early days feel where there is puzzle and treasures everywhere.

Last edited:

Pejo

Curious on what good F2P options for Ayato, any thought on Royal longsword on him?
It looks like he just wants atk/elemental damage bonus/elemental skill bonus. Royal Longsword isn't great on anyone. Black sword is probably the best 4* weapon, but it's BP exclusive. If you want a 4* gacha/crafted weapon, I would guess Iron Sting or Blackcliff. Sword doesn't have many good 4* options, most of the good ones are 5*.
yes played bit, it's fun and enjoyable, give you early days feel where there is puzzle and treasures everywhere.
I was just happy that all of the event related stuff was just on the surface most of the time so you didn't have to re-explore all of the nooks and crannies. The treasure compass feature of the Bokuso box made it easy to find everything anyways.

SSfox

It looks like he just wants atk/elemental damage bonus/elemental skill bonus. Royal Longsword isn't great on anyone. Black sword is probably the best 4* weapon, but it's BP exclusive. If you want a 4* gacha/crafted weapon, I would guess Iron Sting or Blackcliff. Sword doesn't have many good 4* options, most of the good ones are 5*.

I was just happy that all of the event related stuff was just on the surface most of the time so you didn't have to re-explore all of the nooks and crannies. The treasure compass feature of the Bokuso box made it easy to find everything anyways.

Yeah, maybe ill get him blackcliff, I've an iron sting ready, but it's for Kazuha when he will come hoping I can get him.

You perverts need Jesus and another free Xingqiu.

My XQ is C5, i wouldnt mind one free XQ.

Fuz

Banned
I FINALLY got the last Sango Files commission! After so fucking many reruns of previous steps. What a letdown of a finale, for so much buildup.
I think I only need one last quest for the novel chain and I'm done with Inazuma commissions.

Shogun and Kazuha are fully understood units. We know that they're powerful and that they'll (likely) retain their value. We don't know jack about Ayato. It's safest to skip him and wait for a rerun, which shouldn't take too long. I assume he'll have priority over most other characters. If you like Shogun, Kazuha and Ayato equally in terms of personality/design, I'd let that be the deciding factor.

SSfox

Me: Skip 2.6 banners and roll Raiden cons and Kokomi weapon

Shogun and Kazuha are fully understood units. We know that they're powerful and that they'll (likely) retain their value. We don't know jack about Ayato. It's safest to skip him and wait for a rerun, which shouldn't take too long. I assume he'll have priority over most other characters. If you like Shogun, Kazuha and Ayato equally in terms of personality/design, I'd let that be the deciding factor.
This is main reason i want Raiden

But she also fun and i like more since i played the new quest

I'm 51pity 100%, so technically i can have all three but IF i win 50/50 on Ayato and Kazuha without being push to hard pity.

Fuz

Banned
He won't phisically be in 2.6 toh. It's a prop or something.

Those cords on the hat look really annoying, btw.

Pejo

Ayato into Scara, they're really banking on Fujos to get them through the next few patches eh? I guess Yelan and Shinobu will be in the mix there somewhere too.

*edit*

Honkai just had its global anniversary video, they're doing all sorts of cool stuff. The intro to the video is like a 3-4 minute Mega Man throwback of the story so far. Really well done and fun. Hopefully CN players don't cancel this for us like they did the bunny girl stuff.

Last edited:
Ayato into Scara, they're really banking on Fujos to get them through the next few patches eh? I guess Yelan and Shinobu will be in the mix there somewhere too.
Sumeru is drifting farther and father away... It's a bit worrying. It's been half a year since we were told our journey in Inazuma was over. Why they even put those lines in the game is a mystery. Looks like we're stuck in the status quo for a while. No major surprises or additions for the foreseeable future. It's a shame, I thought they were gonna shake things up with a soft intro to Dendro with the Chasm or at least Baizhu/Yaoyao but instead there's no sign of anything like that.

Pejo

Sumeru is drifting farther and father away... It's a bit worrying. It's been half a year since we were told our journey in Inazuma was over. Why they even put those lines in the game is a mystery. Looks like we're stuck in the status quo for a while. No major surprises or additions for the foreseeable future. It's a shame, I thought they were gonna shake things up with a soft intro to Dendro with the Chasm or at least Baizhu/Yaoyao but instead there's no sign of anything like that.
The original timeline got shifted a bit when they still apparently can't balance Dendro, now we're going to Sumeru estimated in 2.8, (technically 3.0). 2.7 will be the last of the patches before Sumeru, according to current consensus anyways, who knows. If Dendro really fucks over all existing Pyro characters, I'd rather they take their time and make it right.
Going to take some break from GI. Will be busy playing a new game with Fuz Fuz and Pejo Pejo 's favorite character. :messenger_winking_tongue:
Rw9FAWz.jpg

May you have a good time with your hairy woman.

Fuz

Banned
I don't know if I am super lucky
2Rce3.gif
or they added a new achievement, but after opening fortune sticks pretty much every day since Inazuma's release, today I got the "Great Misfortune" achievement. You might want to check it out.

(I got "Great Fortune" months ago).

crumbs

Finished the Yae story quest, I would put it there upper mid-tier range for these quests: decent, but not super memorable.

- I now they were taking some jabs at the light novel community, but there seemed like a lot of meta commentary about the game and its fans during the quest. Like when a new version releases, fans are already more about the beta leaks than the new character that was finally released :messenger_grinning_sweat:
- Might be my imagination or a growing tolerance after repeated exposure, but Paimon's English VA seems to have toned it down a bit for this quest and Ei's 2nd quest that are part of this version.
- Speaking of voice acting, it was weird to see the MC speaking, even if it was the spirit possessing them doing the talking. The spirit had way more voicelines in-game than the actual MC VA has had.
- The quest was weird in that in instructed you to wait 3 days, but it wasn't clear what they meant. I used the time changing mechanic to skip ahead 3 days, but that didn't work. I figured that this meant we had to wait 3 server days, so I went back to Enka to finish some exploring. After like an hour of doing that, I had the Yae quest pop back up and said that 3 days had past. Was this a bug?
- After using Yae in here trial and during the story quest, I feel better about skipping this banner. I like her kit, but not enough to drop wishes and resources on her.
- Felt kinda stupid that I never realized that you could go into that Inazuma restaurant :messenger_pensive:

YukiOnna

Finished the Yae story quest, I would put it there upper mid-tier range for these quests: decent, but not super memorable.

- I now they were taking some jabs at the light novel community, but there seemed like a lot of meta commentary about the game and its fans during the quest. Like when a new version releases, fans are already more about the beta leaks than the new character that was finally released :messenger_grinning_sweat:
- Might be my imagination or a growing tolerance after repeated exposure, but Paimon's English VA seems to have toned it down a bit for this quest and Ei's 2nd quest that are part of this version.
- Speaking of voice acting, it was weird to see the MC speaking, even if it was the spirit possessing them doing the talking. The spirit had way more voicelines in-game than the actual MC VA has had.
- The quest was weird in that in instructed you to wait 3 days, but it wasn't clear what they meant. I used the time changing mechanic to skip ahead 3 days, but that didn't work. I figured that this meant we had to wait 3 server days, so I went back to Enka to finish some exploring. After like an hour of doing that, I had the Yae quest pop back up and said that 3 days had past. Was this a bug?
- After using Yae in here trial and during the story quest, I feel better about skipping this banner. I like her kit, but not enough to drop wishes and resources on her.
- Felt kinda stupid that I never realized that you could go into that Inazuma restaurant :messenger_pensive:
That is weird. I used the skip to day after tomorrow and it worked fine... wasn't even 3 days

YukiOnna

Interesting. Must have been a bug, since I did the 3 day time skip twice and didn't work either time.
On the quest itself
It was one of the better act 1's and fit Yae's troll personality or at least her character definitely carried it. It was nice to delve into Inazuma folklore a bit, so I hope it continues that. I caught all the LN references... but you might be right there was some meta commentary about players there lmao. I think it should have used Traveler's set VA than Urakusai's, but at least they were very expressive.

Pejo

There has to be a lore reason at this point for the traveler to never vocally speak to other characters. It's not like the Aether/Lumine VAs have a ton of stuff going on, the EN Aether guy hosts every single one of the special programs, so you know he's not THAT packed with work or anything. I certainly hope we get that "payoff" soon, and from then on we actually hear our characters speak instead of Paimon. At first when I started playing, I genuinely enjoyed her little attitude, but by this point it's the same damn thing every time.

The wait thing worked just fine for me, but keep in mind it's 3 days counting at the midnight position, not whatever time of day it currently was in your game. You would have had to use the "wait" twice no matter what time of day it was when you started that part of the quest because it only maxes out at 2 full days worth of waiting.

Regarding Yae, in my opinion, she's probably one of the easiest characters we've ever had to build. She gets crit rate as her ascension passive, her weapon, if you go for it, gives C.DMG. Slap an Electro Goblet on her and you really can't mess her up. Outside of that, her high Burst cost and poor energy generation are her only downsides. She does good damage but a lot of the time you're just waiting to fill your Burst. Other than looking cool, MHY really needs to work on Normal Attack chains for catalyst characters. They all feel slow and unresponsive and aren't generally very fun or satisfying ways to play.

That said, I don't think we'll ever see content where Yae will be best-in-slot for your team. She has Electro's usual weaknesses, and if you're running her as off-field support, Shogun and Fischl are both better.

*edit*

Looks like Ayato got a (IMO necessary) buff in the latest beta. The cooldown on his ele skill dropped from 20-12 and he lost the cooldown reduction mechanic. In addition, he got % buffs. Great change overall.

This should be read as left being the new info, right is the old info.
5qiswmfo66j81.jpg

Last edited:

crumbs

There has to be a lore reason at this point for the traveler to never vocally speak to other characters. It's not like the Aether/Lumine VAs have a ton of stuff going on, the EN Aether guy hosts every single one of the special programs, so you know he's not THAT packed with work or anything. I certainly hope we get that "payoff" soon, and from then on we actually hear our characters speak instead of Paimon. At first when I started playing, I genuinely enjoyed her little attitude, but by this point it's the same damn thing every time.

The wait thing worked just fine for me, but keep in mind it's 3 days counting at the midnight position, not whatever time of day it currently was in your game. You would have had to use the "wait" twice no matter what time of day it was when you started that part of the quest because it only maxes out at 2 full days worth of waiting.

Regarding Yae, in my opinion, she's probably one of the easiest characters we've ever had to build. She gets crit rate as her ascension passive, her weapon, if you go for it, gives C.DMG. Slap an Electro Goblet on her and you really can't mess her up. Outside of that, her high Burst cost and poor energy generation are her only downsides. She does good damage but a lot of the time you're just waiting to fill your Burst. Other than looking cool, MHY really needs to work on Normal Attack chains for catalyst characters. They all feel slow and unresponsive and aren't generally very fun or satisfying ways to play.

That said, I don't think we'll ever see content where Yae will be best-in-slot for your team. She has Electro's usual weaknesses, and if you're running her as off-field support, Shogun and Fischl are both better.
If I had still been playing and pulled the Shogun on her original banner, I would think about pulling for Yae, mainly because I like her character design. But as it stands now, I'll get the Shogun with my guaranteed pity. Plus I have a built out Fischl at C6 that I don't use much.

My dilemma is: Should I think about pulling Kokomi on her rerun? My healers are Barb and Diona, and for hydro application I also have Mona & Xingqiu. Is Kokomi + the new artifact set worth it? I should be able to get the Shogun with about 20-30 wishes on her banner, which would leave more than enough to pull on Kokomi's banner. The only other character I'm looking to add is Ayaka and Jean but that hasn't worked out yet.

Pejo

If I had still been playing and pulled the Shogun on her original banner, I would think about pulling for Yae, mainly because I like her character design. But as it stands now, I'll get the Shogun with my guaranteed pity. Plus I have a built out Fischl at C6 that I don't use much.

My dilemma is: Should I think about pulling Kokomi on her rerun? My healers are Barb and Diona, and for hydro application I also have Mona & Xingqiu. Is Kokomi + the new artifact set worth it? I should be able to get the Shogun with about 20-30 wishes on her banner, which would leave more than enough to pull on Kokomi's banner. The only other character I'm looking to add is Ayaka and Jean but that hasn't worked out yet.
I like Kokomi a lot, she fits into quite a few team types and is probably one of, if not the best, Hydro applicator for Freeze comps - especially AoE. That said, I don't use the new artifacts with her since she's almost never on field in my current team setups. I use Tenacity of the Millelith for the attack buff.

MHY has been trying (mostly unsuccessfully) to pull players away from shield meta and make them use healers, but they aren't doing so hot. I remember people in this very thread pointing at those husk enemies that we fought as proof that shield meta is out. Turns out there were only what, 7 of them? And they attack so god damn slow that there's no chance they hit you to begin with.

Still, the corrosion mechanic isn't going anywhere, so healers that can heal off-field party members are increasing in value, which Kokomi can do during her burst. Also we're not exactly rolling around in Hydro characters currently, though Ayato and Yelan are on the way.

crumbs

I like Kokomi a lot, she fits into quite a few team types and is probably one of, if not the best, Hydro applicator for Freeze comps - especially AoE. That said, I don't use the new artifacts with her since she's almost never on field in my current team setups. I use Tenacity of the Millelith for the attack buff.

MHY has been trying (mostly unsuccessfully) to pull players away from shield meta and make them use healers, but they aren't doing so hot. I remember people in this very thread pointing at those husk enemies that we fought as proof that shield meta is out. Turns out there were only what, 7 of them? And they attack so god damn slow that there's no chance they hit you to begin with.

Still, the corrosion mechanic isn't going anywhere, so healers that can heal off-field party members are increasing in value, which Kokomi can do during her burst. Also we're not exactly rolling around in Hydro characters currently, though Ayato and Yelan are on the way.
I'll see how Kokomi plays in her trial. If there was a way to mute her character, that would help as well :messenger_grinning_sweat:

It did feel like the shield meta was going away, but the weekly Shogun fight didn't introduce any weird anti-shield mechanics, so I guess there's hope for shields yet.
Looks like Ayato got a (IMO necessary) buff in the latest beta. The cooldown on his ele skill dropped from 20-12 and he lost the cooldown reduction mechanic. In addition, he got % buffs. Great change overall.

This should be read as left being the new info, right is the old info.
5qiswmfo66j81.jpg
Glad to see the fixed they cooldown issue. What was the point of introducing another hydro sword user with really long cooldowns? The long CD limitations are what really makes Xingqiu a 4 star, so introducing a 5 star with similar limitations didn't make a lot of sense to me.

YukiOnna

Kokomi can be run with Millelith or if you like to use her on field more then OHC works great and helps her healing. Only problem is farming that domain sucks and I honestly got lucky. Still want her weapon though since it feels incomplete.

I don't think they'll ever take out shield meta for the simple fact that Zhongli exists. I do want bosses to introduce anti-shield mechanics in the future so that dodging, healing and other mechanics become important than just use Zhongli.

crumbs

I like to fight the bosses and domains without Zhongli at least a couple times, but it's nice to have him when farming the same bosses or domains over and over again. I appreciate a challenge, but Zhongli's brings a lot of QOL improvements to the game, so hopefully they continue to find ways to balance shields vs healing.

Top Bottom