• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Pejo

So allow me to introduce you all to a hell I wasn't even aware of until now.

smfx0yzorbi81.png

That's right, each artifact has 4 categories of quality of roll of substat. So look at that god artifact that you were so proud of and weep that you got low rolls on all of them.

This is read by looking at an unleveled artifact and seeing the initial stat values.

Pejo

You never noticed?

I wonder what's the chance for every "tier" to appear. I kinda doubt it's 25%.
Well to be honest, even knowing this info, I won't bother to even check. I am far from a min-maxer in Genshin. I consider the artifact "good enough" if it's got at least 2 useful substats and it doesn't roll more than twice into DEF (on a non-DEF relevant character).

Yeah it sucks that there's low rolls, but I don't worry about that when I'm trying to get a particular set, the right piece, with the right main stat, with the right substats (preferably 4 of them) and that the upgrades actually go in the stats you need. It's like 7 layers of RNG. I'm just happy when I have decent pieces and leave it at that.

Pejo

Guess I'll be streaming the rest of my misery...

I kinda just have this running in the background while I'm at work and am reminded of just how damn good the Enka soundtrack is.

*edit*

That was an entertaining fight. I don't really see what Aloy brings to your party but no shame if you like using her. Have a meeting I have to jump on.

Last edited:
I kinda just have this running in the background while I'm at work and am reminded of just how damn good the Enka soundtrack is.
Yeah, the bgm took away a bit of the sting of having to go through the entire thing.
That was an entertaining fight. I don't really see what Aloy brings to your party but no shame if you like using her. Have a meeting I have to jump on.
It's 4 things.
1. I like using her
2. her burst and skill recharge very quickly, so when I'm doing the rotation she's basically just a chunk of guaranteed damage and cryo application every time.
3. to have a bow on the team, I hate switching out characters just because there's something you need to shoot with a bow.
4. easy animal kills.

Like I said I know it's not the most effective, but it's working out so far.
People still stream on youtube?
Sure, especially since Twitch wants my phone number for 2FA; no thanks.

Pejo

It's 4 things.
1. I like using her
2. her burst and skill recharge very quickly, so when I'm doing the rotation she's basically just a chunk of guaranteed damage and cryo application every time.
3. to have a bow on the team, I hate switching out characters just because there's something you need to shoot with a bow.
4. easy animal kills.

In my mind, #1 is the most important anyways, so I get it.

I had no idea today was the release of the "other" Enka. Going to dig into that proper tonight. Maybe I'll stream for a bit too, if it's not a hassle on PS5. I assume they make it pretty easy considering some of the streamers I've seen.

*edit*

Holy shit, we're finally getting training dummies for our teapot. They better give energy particles, or else it's useless.

9qebgp0yodi81.png

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
In my mind, #1 is the most important anyways, so I get it.

I had no idea today was the release of the "other" Enka. Going to dig into that proper tonight. Maybe I'll stream for a bit too, if it's not a hassle on PS5. I assume they make it pretty easy considering some of the streamers I've seen.

*edit*

Holy shit, we're finally getting training dummies for our teapot. They better give energy particles, or else it's useless.

9qebgp0yodi81.png
They could have given us something better looking than 3 sticks.

Pejo

They could have given us something better looking than 3 sticks.
Agreed, I'd love to get a ubiquity net for capturing enemies and then letting me set enemy layouts that I can fight. That'd be better, but at least this is something. Technically that samurai mini-boss can be respawned over and over again and works kinda like a training dummy too. I'm more interested in seeing how different weapons/artifact sets/team comps flow together though, with stuff like ER vs. ATK vs. other stats. These sticks are just fine for that kind of thing, provided they give particles.

*edit*

Hmm, deep lore here.

(Katheryne)
6zn4ho6kcei81.jpg

Last edited:

Yamisan

Yeah, the bgm took away a bit of the sting of having to go through the entire thing.

It's 4 things.
1. I like using her
4. easy animal kills.

Sure, especially since Twitch wants my phone number for 2FA; no thanks.
There are other 2fa options on twitch....

SSfox

Her butt is covered though(well...nothing like a glide can fix). But I find nice she at least show some skin. Kinda of charm missing in games nowadays.
Yeah hard to tell if should be exactly like this with the "Mihoyo no censor edition", but i think her design is fine. But as some in Reddit says i actually wish there are more weapons types, and Guns would fit well this Yelan Character. They can also add Whip and can make a character ala Ivy Valentine, Crossbow was rumored few months ago too.

Fuz

Banned
Bokuso box maxed.
2Rce3.gif

I need to understand if the bokuso points to *all* chests and challenges - drives me crazy that the compass doesn't work.

Pejo

Her outfit is actually kinda sexy and not censored as some have speculated?

kf0aizmm4hi81.jpg
Well now that the greyish/brown parts look like hosiery instead of leather, perhaps this isn't so bad after all.

The Honkai team just released this preview of a new Honkai character:

2ac6286prki81.png

Coincidentally this is what I wish the recently revealed Xenoblade 3 catgirl was like instead of the drab boring design we got.

Last edited:

Pejo

Some more Yelan info:

kytlwlrfemi81.jpg

Also, I am even more confused about Rosaria since she's been double nerfed but supposedly Yelan puts all the other girls to shame:

*edit*

already posted above.

Last edited:
I'm very interested in Yelan. Hydro waifu is reason enough for me. Hopefully my second Amos works well for her. Not sure if she's a DPS or support.

Edit: Even better if Shinobu is on the same banner.

Last edited:

Pejo

(From reddit)

o7pdho9wymi81.png

tumblr_oncf5fH2Fr1ql2w65o8_r1_400.gifv
Yea they're saying Kaz got pushed back to 2.7 as well.

Also, here's the official word on the 2 new artifact sets:

ub7j3oouxji81.jpg

Vermillion is obvious for Xiao and only Xiao (so far at least) Did it really need to have that many restrictions on it so that only he could use it? I guess you could also use it for any attacker during HP drain bosses like the Golden Wolflord and Signora, it doesn't say the HP drain has to be internalized. Whatever, it's still mostly useless outside of Xiao, I doubt anyone is going to swap artifact sets per boss.

Echoes could be good for a few characters. I assume the intention was Ayato, but I could see Keq/Yoimiya/Ayaka/Razor making use out of it too Anyone that spams auto attacks really. If you're at 2000 attack, which is a low estimate for a level 90 character with fully leveled stuff, you'd be getting 1200 extra damage per hit that it triggers, and .3 seconds is a fairly quick internal cooldown. Seems better for faster attacking characters.

BlackM1st

Banned
That was brutal.

First time pushing fucking weapon banner to its limit.

Fucking 3 5 stars. Bah. That "insurance" is nice n all, but fuck me, this banner eats through wishes and gems like Yae's fox would through Timmy's birds.

hRjPsZq.gif

Got:

Jade Cutter / Skyward Blade (FFS) / Yae's toy

She's already at 65/233.2, but I'm sure I can do better now.

duck and cover documentary GIF by Kino Lorber

Pejo

What about Hu Tao? Doesn't she drain her own HP?
Hers is just a one time drain when you use her elemental skill, so you'd only get 1 10% increase, and you'd have to use her elemental burst before her skill to proc it, which is opposite to how you want to play her. Xiao's continually drains your HP while he's on the field during his burst.
That was brutal.

First time pushing fucking weapon banner to its limit.

Fucking 3 5 stars. Bah. That "insurance" is nice n all, but fuck me, this banner eats through wishes and gems like Yae's fox would through Timmy's birds.

hRjPsZq.gif

Got:

Jade Cutter / Skyward Blade (FFS) / Yae's toy

She's already at 65/233.2, but I'm sure I can do better now.

duck and cover documentary GIF by Kino Lorber
Damn, you continue to get shafted by the weapon banner. Those are nice numbers though, is your Yae 90 yet?

Pejo

Well shit, I was going to try out streaming tonight but apparently after you activate it, you have to wait 24 hours before you can actually stream something. What kind of horseshit is that.

Crimsondusk

I'm very interested in Yelan. Hydro waifu is reason enough for me. Hopefully my second Amos works well for her. Not sure if she's a DPS or support.

Edit: Even better if Shinobu is on the same banner.
I'm there with you on Yelan. Also girls with short hair are what attracts me to a waifu first lol.

BlackM1st

Banned
Hers is just a one time drain when you use her elemental skill, so you'd only get 1 10% increase, and you'd have to use her elemental burst before her skill to proc it, which is opposite to how you want to play her. Xiao's continually drains your HP while he's on the field during his burst.

Damn, you continue to get shafted by the weapon banner. Those are nice numbers though, is your Yae 90 yet?
She was 90 the very moment I got her. I had everything ready except for her weapon and arts. Now I need to level up her new toy and look for 1 sub optimal artifact.

Pejo

Put a few hours in tonight.

Yae's quest was long but kinda disappointing. The cutscene at the end was nice, at least. I was hoping to learn more about Kitsune and Yokai in genshin in general, but it was more of the publishing house bs.

I'm also disappointed that the last few patches has Paimon using current day zoomer slang like "being sus" and "come on bro". It just doesn't fit the game and you know it's more than likely a byproduct of the localization team.

The Enka area is fun, I like the new puzzles and the enemies are tougher to kill than anywhere else in the overworld. The box mechanic isn't nearly as obstructive as the cold mechanic on Dragonspine is, I've never even come close to running out of box energy yet. I'm surprised that they went back to making you bring the core 4 elements with you for various puzzles, but it was welcome to see those back again. Stuff like thunder statues, fire torch puzzles, those new ice/water puzzles, etc. I have a few lore guesses about what's going on here, but I'll wait until after I finish the area to discuss. The whole area is a lot smaller than I thought it was going to be, I don't think it'll be that tough to finish up pretty quickly. Lots of rewards this time around too.

Just playing Enkanomiya for the first time and somebody had a play through Journey before making that lol. Journey is one of my favorites so it kind of hit me and makes me like Enkanomiya more than I normally would have. Good stuff.

A few similarities I've seen right off:
1. Some of the music would fit right into Journey
2. The movement towards the glowing castle thing is very reminiscent of Journey
3. The puzzles where you light up the carvings
4. The giant stingray floating through the area

I'm sure there's more. If it were me I would have hid the caped dude somewhere.

Last edited:
Top Bottom