• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Fuz

Banned
I'm having fun myself with it, I'm rushing Genshin's dailies as fast as I can to go back playing Lost Ark.
Man, I should keep my mouth shut.
I famously boycott steam and LA made me install it. Well, the important thing is not to spend money on it. I still feel dirty.

I played it after lunch then logged off, turned my pc off and went to do other things. Now after dinner I tried to play some more and... steam forces me to reinstall, like it never was installed (it's on my pc) and now it's downloading 60gb of game from zero.

RIght now I'm living in the countryside with terrible ADSL.

fucking piece of shit software.

Fuck steam, fuck all those shitty launchers and fuck you all for accepting steam and launchers forcing them on everyone else.

Last edited:

Pejo

They still have 1M+ concurrent players.
I'm having fun myself with it, I'm rushing Genshin's dailies as fast as I can to go back playing Lost Ark.

Not a survey, it's how many members those subs have.
I'm not a huge Diablo fan, so it got sort of an "eh" from me. I hear it's fun if you're into that type of game though.

Yea, I shouldn't have said survey, it's more like a reflection of the platform as a whole.

So for those of you that completed the Enka event,

Who do you believe about Tsumi? Enjou or Kokomi? In other words, do you think she was one of the watatsumi priest bloodline, or was she a humanized vishap? I'm kinda torn personally, I tend to trust Enjou a little more here simply because Tsumi was shown to care quite a bit about the vishaps in captivity, more than you would expect, as shown by her reaction to the traveler when she finds out he killed the vishaps to get the bloodwhatever coral. It's possible that Kokomi is right though, since she said the line was thought to be dead, and she could have just been raised by vishaps.

Fuz

Banned
Who do you believe about Tsumi? Enjou or Kokomi? In other words, do you think she was one of the watatsumi priest bloodline, or was she a humanized vishap? I'm kinda torn personally, I tend to trust Enjou a little more here simply because Tsumi was shown to care quite a bit about the vishaps in captivity, more than you would expect, as shown by her reaction to the traveler when she finds out he killed the vishaps to get the bloodwhatever coral. It's possible that Kokomi is right though, since she said the line was thought to be dead, and she could have just been raised by vishaps.
I believe in Enjou's version because Kakkomi is obviously retarded.

YukiOnna

Wow, so this is potentially big for lore implications.

So it looks like the writing we found in the recent Enka event and on the archipelago is Abyss language (or possibly ancient Teyvat pseudo Greek/Latin). Somebody translated it to English letters, then Latin and then English common speak which is weird since MHY is a Chinese company. Anyways, we get a letter next patch, maybe a communication from the Abyss to each other or from Dain or something, but it speaks in ancient Greek terms and talks about how the sky is breaking. Ties in to the "Falling Stars" event. I keep getting reminded of that event and how huge the lore reveals were, and how players that started after it aren't going to know any of this. Weird stuff.

Anyways, here's the Latin (direct translation from Abyss language) and then the common English interpretation:
NON CUSTOS SI FINGAR ILLE CAENRIUM

NON FULMINEUS EGO LYRAE BARBATOS

NON SI PEGASEO FERAR VOLATU

NON MOPSHES NIVEAE CITAEQUE BIGAE

ADDE HUC PLUMIPEDAS VOLATILESQUE

VENTORUMQUE SIMUL REQUIRE CURSUM

QUOS IUNCTOS AMICA MEA MIHI DICARES

DEFESSUS TAMEN OMNIBUS MEDULLIS

ET MULTIS LANGUORIBUS PERESUS

ESSEM TE MIHI AMICA QUAERITANDO

CAELUM DILABITUR

FALSITAS COLLABITUR

Just got time to read it. Feels like it's implying the conclusion we're heading towards and it's only a matter of time if it's taken literally.

crumbs

I get the impression that the user surveys must give MiHoYo feedback that the puzzles are too hard, because the examples in the current Enka event are basically as easy as it gets. They even have Paimon, with voice acting, telling you how to solve some of them (puzzles that were very simple and did not need an explanation).

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
Puzzles aren't hard, but has become boring and annoying. With time, lazy became a thing to the devs behind puzzles.

I really appreciate a welldone puzzle.

Pejo

I get the impression that the user surveys must give MiHoYo feedback that the puzzles are too hard, because the examples in the current Enka event are basically as easy as it gets. They even have Paimon, with voice acting, telling you how to solve some of them (puzzles that was very simple and did not need an explanation).
Yea, brainlets are bringing down the difficulty of puzzles quite a bit. For the original Enka, they traded all of the puzzle difficulty for making the puzzles themselves obscure to find. They mentioned that they received a lot of feedback at the Inazuma survey that the puzzles were too hard, so this is what we get I guess.

YukiOnna

It sucks since it just became plain boring. I can't fathom how Inazuma's puzzles were that hard but it holds your hand way too much.
I hope they didn't kill off the hidden quests.

crumbs

It also borderline insulting to the player, treating them as if they recently suffered a massive head wound. The example I mentioned was the "turning the symbols so you can climb the tower". One of them has the symbols upside down (this barely meets requirements to be considered a puzzle). The solution is painfully obvious, but Paimon still mentions 3 times to look at them upside down. A hint would be "These symbols look funny", but instead they just tell you the solution multiple times in the span of 15 seconds.

Having the seelies lead you around is also a bit disappointing. Maybe the devs realized that people might not be all that excited about exploring Enka again, so they made exploration easier? Having two versions in row with Enka exploration probably wasn't a great idea. I also assume that's why this event is lasting for the entire v2.5 since players may not have caught up on completing the prerequisite 2.4 Enka quests.

Fuz

Banned
And I'm gonna vote "puzzles are too hard" in the next survey.
PP0m7.gif

crumbs

I'm happy as it is because I don't care for solving puzzle after puzzle after puzzle every three fucking meters.

Agreed, I do think Inazuma had too many low quality puzzles littering the landscape. Hopefully Sumeru moves to a "Quality over Quantity" model, but I'm not holding my breath after seeing what we experienced in Enka :messenger_grinning_sweat:

PP0m7.gif

Animated GIF

Pejo

It also borderline insulting to the player, treating them as if they recently suffered a massive head wound. The example I mentioned was the "turning the symbols so you can climb the tower". One of them has the symbols upside down (this barely meets requirements to be considered a puzzle). The solution is painfully obvious, but Paimon still mentions 3 times to look at them upside down. A hint would be "These symbols look funny", but instead they just tell you the solution multiple times in the span of 15 seconds.

Having the seelies lead you around is also a bit disappointing. Maybe the devs realized that people might not be all that excited about exploring Enka again, so they made exploration easier? Having two versions in row with Enka exploration probably wasn't a great idea. I also assume that's why this event is lasting for the entire v2.5 since players may not have caught up on completing the prerequisite 2.4 Enka quests.
Well to be fair, the new area is limited time, so that's likely why they added the treasure compass/extra seelies/etc. This isn't something you can just look up and do later, so they probably wanted to streamline it so that everyone who participates gets their rewards.

But yea that Paimon line about "WE SHOULD LOOK AT IT UPSIDE DOWN HERR DERRR" was way too much. At that point, why even bother to put it upside down, there's no brain required.
PP0m7.gif
Agreed, I do think Inazuma had too many low quality puzzles littering the landscape. Hopefully Sumeru moves to a "Quality over Quantity" model, but I'm not holding my breath after seeing what we experienced in Enka :messenger_grinning_sweat:
You guys are out to ruin the part of the game I like the most. Are you in that much of a rush to get back to the imbalanced battle events and Marvelous Merchandise #10? You can always just ignore the puzzles if you don't want to do them.

Fuz

Banned
Hopefully Sumeru moves to a "Quality over Quantity" model
This is exactly what I wish for.
Less puzzles, but better puzzles. No stupid time wasting fillers, and less exploration stoppers.

You guys are out to ruin the part of the game I like the most. Are you in that much of a rush to get back to the imbalanced battle events and Marvelous Merchandise #10? You can always just ignore the puzzles if you don't want to do them.
And I hate it. For me, it ruins the exploration. In any case, I doubt my vote will change anything, and sadly they already stated they're happy with Inazuma's puzzle density. I'm gonna ask in the survey for "Quality over quantity", like Crumbs said, but do they read suggestions? I don't think so.
And you can't ignore stuff that gives you primogems.

Last edited:

crumbs

Hey, I'm all for puzzles, but the "Match the lights on the cubes" puzzles get tedious after completing them for the thousandth time :messenger_grinning_sweat:

YukiOnna

I don't know, puzzles add to the exploration so I hope they don't cut back. The light cubes were for chests so it makes sense to be quick and done with it. World Quest or hidden quest ones always had some uniqueness to them.

Fake

Gold Member

Quality over quantity all day for me.

In fact, Traveller plot almost death at this point.

Pejo

It's not really an issue of quality or quantity, if we get less puzzles that directly translates to less materials/adventurer xp/primogems.

I do agree that more variation in puzzles and harder puzzles would be great, but I don't want to see less of it overall.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
It's not really an issue of quality of quantity, if we get less puzzles that directly translates to less materials/adventurer xp/primogems.

I do agree that more variation in puzzles and harder puzzles would be great, but I don't want to see less of it overall.
Let's agree that you're wrong to disagree.

Fake

Gold Member
We get a Dainsleif quest in 2.6, so there's more traveler story on the way. The spoiler I posted yesterday relates to it too.

About fucking time. Gonna change the traveler name to Kratos for maybe speed up things.

Saber

We get a Dainsleif quest in 2.6, so there's more traveler story on the way. The spoiler I posted yesterday relates to it too.

Do people know if he ever gonna be playable? I remember a time when wiki used to post that, but wiki has a bunch of morons that only cares for posting things first rather than accurate.

BlackM1st

Banned
Maybe I'll be going full on F2P with genshin. I dunno. I just don't feel anything with Yae and her weapon. All those wishes, and 0 satisfaction despite pretty good and pretty big numbers.

I dunno. Maybe I'm too damn strong already and BP rewards are just not there. Plus, weapons banner is a total joke and new heroes just don't do it for me...

I keep asking myself, why should I spend money if I get more of the same and if I'm already have everything I need? C3 Baal, Ayaka and Cocogoat x Jean x Geo Lord is already a full package. I can just casually collect their constellations and don't worry about anything...

Fake

Gold Member
Because you're forgetting the fun factor. Thats what keep me alway from chars like Raiden. Is not fun putting high numbers over the foes.

We can have a mix of both strong and fun mechanics to share with others chars, but what I see now are 'bruh meta numbers'.

Still hard to believe this game don't have PVP yet taking meta players into account.

Last edited:

Pejo

Do people know if he ever gonna be playable? I remember a time when wiki used to post that, but wiki has a bunch of morons that only cares for posting things first rather than accurate.
We still don't know what element he is, if he is playable. Maybe Abyss element? That said he definitely has all the design hallmarks of a playable character.

Maybe I'll be going full on F2P with genshin. I dunno. I just don't feel anything with Yae and her weapon. All those wishes, and 0 satisfaction despite pretty good and pretty big numbers.

I dunno. Maybe I'm too damn strong already and BP rewards are just not there. Plus, weapons banner is a total joke and new heroes just don't do it for me...

I keep asking myself, why should I spend money if I get more of the same and if I'm already have everything I need? C3 Baal, Ayaka and Cocogoat x Jean x Geo Lord is already a full package. I can just casually collect their constellations and don't worry about anything...
I think F2P until you see a character you want is the perfect way to play genshin. I'm still doing the Welkin for now because of the incredible "value" compared to other methods of getting primos, but I'm done buying BP, it just has too poor of value at this stage of the game for anybody that's been playing for over a year. I still think they're shooting themselves in the foot by releasing all of these mono element characters with very specific niche uses. Guess time will tell if sales ever actually go down though.

I will say, after getting my Yae fully leveled and about half built out, I agree that she's kinda boring to play. Her damage is fine to good, but there's just not much going on there. I think part of it is that damn 90 energy Elemental Burst. It doesn't even hit that hard to facilitate that huge energy cost. I don't think MHY understands that long cooldowns and not getting to use moves is anti-fun. Hell, their character trials all have a huge hidden buff to energy drops for just that reason.

They also need to find a way to make catalyst users more fun to play. Out of all of them that I've tried, Yanfei is the only one that feels satisfying to actually use on-field, but even she doesn't compare to an average melee character as far as fun, in my opinion.

BlackM1st

Banned
They also need to find a way to make catalyst users more fun to play. Out of all of them that I've tried, Yanfei is the only one that feels satisfying to actually use on-fiel
I like Ningguang overall gameplay. She's strong and kinda has some utility to her. Not the worst 4☆, that's for sure. But again, I already have a 5☆ Dust catalyst on her... so kinda no need to upgrade or enhance her in any way too lol

Because you're forgetting the fun factor. Thats what keep me alway from chars like Raiden. Is not fun putting high numbers over the foes.

We can have a mix of both strong and fun mechanics to share with others chars, but what I see now are 'bruh meta numbers'.

Still hard to believe this game don't have PVP yet taking meta players into account.
Yeah, maybe I'm just too damn strong, so everyone feels like a downgrade compared to characters or weapons I already have.

And it's not like WL9 or WL10 will make old stuff obsolete. We will just upgrade it all from lvl 90 to lvl 100.

crumbs

MiHoYo really needs to introduce a character with some new mechanic or playstyle. Getting another hero with a taunt or some skill that stacks buffs or whatever is just getting old at this point. A new weapon type would be interesting right about now..
I think F2P until you see a character you want is the perfect way to play genshin. I'm still doing the Welkin for now because of the incredible "value" compared to other methods of getting primos, but I'm done buying BP, it just has too poor of value at this stage of the game for anybody that's been playing for over a year. I still think they're shooting themselves in the foot by releasing all of these mono element characters with very specific niche uses. Guess time will tell if sales ever actually go down though.
Yes, the BP feels like a poor value, especially if you're not pulling characters and therefore don't need the resources. Some new BP weapons and maybe rewards that scale with WL would help.

BlackM1st

Banned
Some new BP weapons and maybe rewards that scale with WL would help.
Yep, but even that...

I can't imagine what they can offer me weapon wise, I'm already at R5 for SS and have a lot of 5☆ weapons.

Only thing is missing I think is Homa. Not like I have everything else, no. Far from it.

But most weapons I have are all around great and I think any BP one's will pale in comparison. Just recently I wasted 3 full pulls on Yae's C.dmg weapon. Before that it was a C.dmg Itto's weapon. So yeah...Maybe it's time to stop wasting money.

This thread's been dead since ER released. I get it, I've been playing too.

There's been some developments though.

First off, there's a new survey. Which for me focused on my dislikes in Genshin. I picked that it's too hard to get characters and good artifacts, that new content takes too long to come out, that the game's expensive and that paying is almost required to have a good experience. They probably won't do anything with it, but those options are curious. I assume these are complaints they get regularly.

Second, a theory's been going around in CN about how certain artifacts and weapons don't make sense. Retracing Bolide for example is based visually and lore-wise on Inazuman summer festivals. The designs and color scheme fit Yoimiya specifically. It's a decent set for her, but instead Shimenawa's was promoted as being the set for her. Shimenawa's on the other hand fits Yae Miko aesthetically and thematically. Its lore even talks about shrine maidens. Shimenawa's is useless for the Yae we ended up getting though. Was she supposed to be a main DPS somewhere in development? There's more examples, but the last one I'll bring up is the Freedom-Sworn sword, which is sold as Kazuha's BiS but again, it's visual design and lore fits Mondstadt/Jean rather than Kazuha.

Long story short: CN is theorizing that development isn't going great. Things are rushed, assets re-used for characters they were never meant for etc.

Fuz

Banned
Second, a theory's been going around in CN about how certain artifacts and weapons don't make sense. Retracing Bolide for example is based visually and lore-wise on Inazuman summer festivals. The designs and color scheme fit Yoimiya specifically. It's a decent set for her, but instead Shimenawa's was promoted as being the set for her. Shimenawa's on the other hand fits Yae Miko aesthetically and thematically. Its lore even talks about shrine maidens. Shimenawa's is useless for the Yae we ended up getting though. Was she supposed to be a main DPS somewhere in development? There's more examples, but the last one I'll bring up is the Freedom-Sworn sword, which is sold as Kazuha's BiS but again, it's visual design and lore fits Mondstadt/Jean rather than Kazuha.

crumbs

This thread's been dead since ER released. I get it, I've been playing too.

There's been some developments though.

First off, there's a new survey. Which for me focused on my dislikes in Genshin. I picked that it's too hard to get characters and good artifacts, that new content takes too long to come out, that the game's expensive and that paying is almost required to have a good experience. They probably won't do anything with it, but those options are curious. I assume these are complaints they get regularly.

Long story short: CN is theorizing that development isn't going great. Things are rushed, assets re-used for characters they were never meant for etc.
It's definitely a combo of ER and the fact there is nothing to do in GI at the moment. The current Enka event was pretty overhyped in terms of content, which was maybe 3-4 hours with almost completely recycled areas and enemies from the last patch. Putting more time between versions that had the player exploring Enka would have been nice.

I also thought the survey questions focused on negatives more than past surveys. Not sure if that means player retention is starting to suffer or what. I wrote in the usual complaints about artifact farming, but I also mentioned the lack of interesting new characters.

One of the other disconnects is how certain enemies interact with gameplay mechanic. For example, specters don't react to CC from Kazuha, but the much larger bathysmal vishaps and Husk enemies are easily staggered and sucked in. For a player, it makes no sense that lightweight enemies can't be CC'd, but heavy armor can. I gives the impression that they're struggling to balance enemies, so you get these weird mismatched mechanics.

Pejo

Boy, I don't think we've ever seen a character get this level of buffs in the beta. They really don't want Ayato to flop I guess.

vhgdel7u7kk81.jpg

Top Bottom