• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Pejo

Anybody tried the sunfire comps?

I miss Jean and I'm too lazy, let me know.
2Rce3.gif
*sees Bennett*

James May GIF by DriveTribe

BJK

Anybody tried the sunfire comps?

I miss Jean and I'm too lazy, let me know.
2Rce3.gif

No, but I have noticed my triple-crown Jean does a lot of damage while swirling after putting another element up (Usually Thoma, since I’m rep grinding him).

Finished the patch event over the weekend, which got me enough primogems to try a 2nd pull on the Yae banner…and got Ridiculously Lucky! Guess now I have to grind the Vishap boss a ton, since I only did that one the one time previously. Not sure if I should let her use the patch-event catalyst, or force her to share Lost Prayer with Yanfei (and Barbara, when I want to run multis as a healer that isn’t Jean….since a Hydro support who can actually Crit > Kokomi).

Good with being in-game broke, since there’s not many Upcoming characters who are must-haves for me.

SSfox

I think I'll give him the BP weapon.

Btw there seem to be new weapon type coming and it's Sai (like TMNT Raphael), really awesome if true, so my dream of a character ala Ivy valentine may be true if they'll ever add a whip type weapon.

Also Heizou is rumoured to be an Anemo Sai character.

Last edited:

Pejo

I think I'll give him the BP weapon.

Btw there seem to be new weapon type coming and it's Sai (like TMNT Raphael), really awesome if true, so my dream of a character ala Ivy valentine may be true if they'll ever add a whip type weapon.

Also Heizou is rumoured to be an Anemo Sai character.
I doubt they'll release a new weapon type at the tail end of a nation like that. It'll probably be like Childe's daggers in that his skill or burst will turn his weapons into those.

As far as Ayato, they want you to pull "his" sword, but barring that he wants the same stuff that any of the sword DPS characters use. If you're talking 4*, the Black Sword is the best as usual.

*edit*

Dammmmmnn lamp, you thicc.

e846zclkipk81.jpg

Last edited:

crumbs

It's kinda like the Width's passive of randomly selecting a buff, but I'm not so sure how that plays out with every charged attack being random.

Pejo

It's kinda like the Width's passive of randomly selecting a buff, but I'm not so sure how that plays out with every charged attack being random.
If she had a way to "fix" the dice so that you get a particular skill, that'd be so much better. Watch them put that ability on her 5* weapon.

Yes. I'm from Rio de Janeiro. Today is the city aniversary, so our beachs are full of turists celebrating the date. Is this picture take from Copacabana?
The post I got it from doesn't say anything other than that it's in BR.

Fuz

Banned
So, uh, the "Mario Maker" event is on. It's... great, I think? But it couldn't come at a worst time (at least for me). I just Kazued the shit out of it, got my rewards and went on to play other things.

Pejo

So, uh, the "Mario Maker" event is on. It's... great, I think? But it couldn't come at a worst time (at least for me). I just Kazued the shit out of it, got my rewards and went on to play other things.
I hate it. I don't want to design a game. If i wanted to do that, I'd have been a gamedev. The handful of player created ones I've tried only come in 2 flavors - lowest effort possible to get the reward for publishing a domain, and ultra tryhard frame perfect jump traps on spike platforms with ice and water surrounding you. The platforming in Genshin is serviceable for general traversal but it's not nearly tight enough for platforming challenges.

Ah well, it's at least minimal time investment to complete.

Two pyro 4 stars on the same banner?

starwars-shoot-her-or-something.gif

Yeah that banner's rough. Everyone's gonna have a hard-on because Bennett is on it, conveniently forgetting that every Xinyan you pull is a waste and Kujou Sara a super niche dedicated support for the worst element in the game. Even worse if you're pulling for Kokomi. Thanks MHY for screwing me over. Again.

crumbs

Well, I've been waiting to pull for the Shogun since I missed her first banner. Hopefully I hit pity pretty quick so I don't end up with Bennett at C13 :messenger_grinning_sweat:

I wish this game did something else when you start to get constellations for characters already at C6. Starglitter for a single wish is really meh. Just take them out of the gacha pool or something.

Pejo

Well, I've been waiting to pull for the Shogun since I missed her first banner. Hopefully I hit pity pretty quick so I don't end up with Bennett at C13 :messenger_grinning_sweat:

I wish this game did something else when you start to get constellations for characters already at C6. Starglitter for a single wish is really meh. Just take them out of the gacha pool or something.
Good luck friend, she's a great character. Hope you get her well before pity.

As for me, the long dry period until (likely) Yelan begins. Despite all his buffs, Ayato doesn't seem that exciting to me. Probably because I have a fully built Tartaglia, but still, I don't see a situation where I would use Ayato over Tart.

crumbs

Good luck friend, she's a great character. Hope you get her well before pity.

As for me, the long dry period until (likely) Yelan begins. Despite all his buffs, Ayato doesn't seem that exciting to me. Probably because I have a fully built Tartaglia, but still, I don't see a situation where I would use Ayato over Tart.
Thanks. I'm at about 40 pulls on the limited character banner, so I hope to quickly snag the Shogun and save my other wishes for future characters (Still interested in a Ayaka rerun).

I'm a bit conflicted with Ayato. Not really feeling his design and the initial numbers didn't look great, but the buffs + that he's sword character (my preference) has made me think about pulling him. I don't have Childe, so my hydro characters are sub DPS (Xingqiu, Mona) or support (Babs), so a hydro DPS would fill out a hole in my roster. His demo will be extra important.

Between the Kokomi rerun, Ayato and Yelan there's gonna be a lot of options for hydro this coming period. On the one hand it's good because it's such a underrepresented element, but on the other I wish they had spread them out a bit more.

SSfox

Well finding myself upgrading Kaeya and Rosa with ressources i was saving for Ayato
1611841177-ahiahiahi.png

Last edited:

SSfox

Why those two, and why now?
I realize again that ihave huge lack on Cryo, those guys with shields always been my bottleneck in Abyss. Also i like both those characters, just never upgraded both cause i was getting a lot of new characters.

Also since Ayaka and Shenhe aren't coming back before sometimes i think it worth it, and also both Kaeya and Rosa are quite fun to play.

Pejo

I realize again that ihave huge lack on Cryo, those guys with shields always been my bottleneck in Abyss. Also i like both those characters, just never upgraded both cause i was getting a lot of new characters.

Also since Ayaka and Shenhe aren't coming back before sometimes i think it worth it, and also both Kaeya and Rosa are quite fun to play.
I am pretty sure Ayaka will be back next patch. She's a major character in the leaks of that new event and the one showing all of the other characters around Inazuma. There's a pretty good chance of seeing her again at any rate.

*edit*

Beware the donut, those of you rolling for Shogun's weapon.

h2kzza5zl4l81.jpg

Last edited:
The new spiral abyss is just the worst. Can't kill the stupid wolf boss fast enough without a Geo unit. Using one handicaps my team to a degree that I can't recover in floor 3. Piss off MHY with your dumbass ideas.

Edit: Managed to get my usual 33 stars despite Yun Jin being a deadweight on most of the floors.

Last edited:

BJK

As much as I’d like to get the Shogun’s polearm, I’m not risking a Barbara-exclusive catalyst (since I’m not going to pull for a character whose English VA talks like a 6-year old). Happy to start saving, considering I’m a primogems pauper since getting Yae.

SSfox

Does anyone know if we can invert X and Y joystick on PC, last i played on PC it wasn't available, kinda crazy a simple feature like that isn't in the game, hope it will come if it's not already the case.

Does anyone know if we can invert X and Y joystick on PC, last i played on PC it wasn't available, kinda crazy a simple feature like that isn't in the game, hope it will come if it's not already the case.
Just checked for you, there's different options to invert the axis for both general camera and aimed mode. I'm not sure if those were added later.

SSfox

I know abyss is suppose to be easy, but still couldn't do 9* in level 11 after trying many comps despite being able to do it in the last few abyss, too many ennemies Shield guys, Hurry Up Ayaka!!!

Just checked for you, there's different options to invert the axis for both general camera and aimed mode. I'm not sure if those were added later.
Thanks, i'll check this later. I use PS2 pad on PC and it's that since it was made in Japan for some reason they have X and Y axis inverted just like x and o buttons by defaults. So in many PC games right and left is UP and Down, fortunately most PC games i played you can invert it but not in Genshin when i tried few months ago.

Edit: Hum so...

Last edited:

deanote666

I am pretty sure Ayaka will be back next patch. She's a major character in the leaks of that new event and the one showing all of the other characters around Inazuma. There's a pretty good chance of seeing her again at any rate.

*edit*

Beware the donut, those of you rolling for Shogun's weapon.

h2kzza5zl4l81.jpg
I already have Shogun's weapon. I need me a doughnut.

Top Bottom