• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Pejo

I forgot those were a thing. I was missing one - got it now, thanks.
Unfortunately, that doesn't count toward Taliesin's achi.
I can't remember all of the things that gave me that achievement. I wasn't using guides so I just kept spamming the stories until I ran out and got it. Did you do the whole mushroom questline? The two Fatui questlines? 9 orbs?

I also just yesterday got an achievement from the Sumeru researcher guide which came with a recommendation letter. Seems like it's going to have something to do with future quests in Sumeru.

Pejo

iu

In Pain GIF by MOODMAN

crumbs

It's pretty clear that MiHoYo must have received a lot of feedback that TM was too time consuming because this version is definitely faster to complete. However, all this accomplished was:

1. Players that disliked Theater Mechanicus still don't like it, even if it's quicker to finish.
2. Players that liked Theater Mechanicus are pissed that they simplified the mini-game too much and it's no longer fun for them.

This is good example of trying to please everyone, but pleasing no one in the end.

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
'You can't use elemental skill and elemental burst in this combat.'

'Instead, you have the opportunity to parry your opponents attacks.'

'A perfect parry will negate your opponent attack and do a serious damage to him.'

Lol...

Pejo

'You can't use elemental skill and elemental burst in this combat.'

'Instead, you have the opportunity to parry your opponents attacks.'

'A perfect parry will negate your opponent attack and do a serious damage to him.'

Lol...
Beidou players:
metal gear solid spoilers GIF

Fuz

Banned
I saw that too. Maybe from the Childe land? If you remember reading the list of guest, one single ship for transport an important person.
If I would guess, they're VIP from Snezhnaya. IDK if is there any white flag between Inazuma and Snezhnaya.

Maybe one of them?
Mannaggiagesucristo.jpg
Mistery solved. It was one of my hypotesis.

Edit:
9j8eyymjw6q81.png

There is no Kuronushi.

Last edited:

Pejo

Man, I don't really understand it, but this festival might just be my least favorite since Lantern Festival 1 NPC Fetchquest-a-thon. These individual stories are missing with me, the whole concept of the festival is boring, the events haven't been a good time. Itto's bit was kinda fun, but everything else has been a slog.

Shining Star

Neo Member
Has anyone beaten the abyss? I'd like to beat it someday but it's pretty hard.

Man, I don't really understand it, but this festival might just be my least favorite since Lantern Festival 1 NPC Fetchquest-a-thon. These individual stories are missing with me, the whole concept of the festival is boring, the events haven't been a good time. Itto's bit was kinda fun, but everything else has been a slog.

Too much talking haha, always this games weak point.

Has anyone beaten the abyss? I'd like to beat it someday but it's pretty hard.
I've been stuck at 34 out of 36 stars for a while. I'm just lacking some good characters of certain elements, and a second DPS.

It doesn't seem like many others in this thread attempt the Abyss. It's a shame because 75% of it is pretty easy and a steady source of primos.

Last edited:

Pejo

So for as much trash talking as I've done about this event, that Sara/Sayu quest was pretty good. The ridiculously long name for the figurine gave me Neo Armstrong Cyclone Jet Armstrong Cannon vibes. (It has a very high quality finish). Poor Sara. She needs a win one of these days.

Shining Star

Neo Member
I've been stuck at 34 out of 36 stars for a while. I'm just lacking some good characters of certain elements, and a second DPS.

It doesn't seem like many others in this thread attempt the Abyss. It's a shame because 75% of it is pretty easy and a steady source of primos.

I can get to I think the last part of #11 and then I hit the wall.

crumbs

I liked the idea of mixing characters from different regions into a story together, but the overall plot and side stories are just flat boring with almost no player involvement.

The events/activities have also been pretty weak:

1. Photos for the poets - We already have a photo event that is just wrapping up. This seems repetitive.
2. Theater Mechanicus - Taking a "meh" mini-game and somehow making it worse. Would have much preferred the original version.
3. The parrying fight club - First day was ok, curious to see how difficult it becomes.
4. Flower Arrangement - The added a timer to what is supposed to be a relaxing activity, but the timer doesn't matter anyway, so why even add it to begin with?

At least we're getting all this nice stuff to put in our teapots, can't wait to see how that Shogun figurine statue looks this spring summer TBD when the teapot maintenance is finally over. :messenger_neutral:

Pejo

I liked the idea of mixing characters from different regions into a story together, but the overall plot and side stories are just flat boring with almost no player involvement.

1. Photos for the poets - We already have a photo event that is just wrapping up. This seems repetitive.
2. Theater Mechanicus - Taking a "meh" mini-game and somehow making it worse. Would have much preferred the original version.
3. The parrying fight club - First day was ok, curious to see how difficult it becomes.
4. Flower Arrangement - The added a timer to what is supposed to be a relaxing activity, but the timer doesn't matter anyway, so why even add it to begin with?

At least we're getting all this nice stuff to put in our teapots, can't wait to see how that Shogun figurine statue looks this spring summer TBD when the teapot maintenance is finally over. :messenger_neutral:
I can't believe that they removed Multiplayer from MechAnus. I almost always just do that with my GF and let her play the game, so I just sat back and shot stuff with Hydro or yeeted the little fast guys off the cliff with Jean. I tried the "hard mode" of the first map yesterday and I must have let like 20 enemies past. I fucking HATE that minigame.

Parry thing is cool, but too simple (so far).

crumbs

I can't believe that they removed Multiplayer from MechAnus. I almost always just do that with my GF and let her play the game, so I just sat back and shot stuff with Hydro or yeeted the little fast guys off the cliff with Jean. I tried the "hard mode" of the first map yesterday and I must have let like 20 enemies past. I fucking HATE that minigame.

Parry thing is cool, but too simple (so far).

I did the horde mode on the first 2 stages, wasn't much fun.

For the 2nd stage, you have hydro and cryo turrets available as your only elemental options. However, in the Horde mode, elite enemies will regenerate a ton of health if you freeze them.

Over It Eye Roll GIF

I appreciate a challenge, but this is just making it a chore.

Last edited:

Saber

As usual they are reading the wrong side of feedback. I remember long time ago people praising some old quests that has a good amount of characters present. But for them, this sound like "lets add a ton of characters and be done with it".

Also, at this point I think the teapot is dead lmao

Fuz

Banned
Oh, that's why they regenerate? Didn't read lol - managed to get all rewards anyway except in the very last stage, not gonna try a second time toh.
The ikebana event is just stupid. It wouldn't be bad if not for a small detail: there is nothing that hints you on the lenght of flowers.
The parry game is nice.
All in all I like the formula of many very small, quick minigames - it's appropriate to the idea of a festival.

deanote666

Finished the theater mechanics. There's primos in the hoard mode, fyi. Got below the 2500 in hoard mode twice but got the rest of the rewards. Got 1 perfect 3000 score on regular round 4.

Quest: Quick! We need to stop someone from poisoning themselves!

Quest unavailable: quest location is being used by another quest.

Pejo

Had my gf beat the rest of Mechanicus tonight for me. She did all the placement and selection of towers/sticks and I ran around with Jean the yeet machine and Yae to apply Electro via her totems. We ended up getting at least the 1500+ in every mode for all the primo rewards. We also perfected all but 1 of the "normal" stages, but only got above 2500 on the horde mode stuff one time. I am not doing ANY more of this garbage just for 20k mora and a few ore. I hope the guy that keeps putting this mode in the game is banned from meetings for at least a year.

I went for all the rewards because I need mora badly, but I can see how it wouldn't be worth it for many. Most of the stages were easily doable though. I had to look up a video for the last one but that's it.

Ayaka's banner is known:
FQM09-FXMAUs8JB

Pretty good for me. A shame about Rosaria's censored outfit.

Pejo

I went for all the rewards because I need mora badly, but I can see how it wouldn't be worth it for many. Most of the stages were easily doable though. I had to look up a video for the last one but that's it.

Ayaka's banner is known:
FQM09-FXMAUs8JB

Pretty good for me. A shame about Rosaria's censored outfit.
That's the first time we've seen Saya in a whlie. Rosaria - the game's most censored character. 4 times and counting. Not a bad banner, but I'm saving everything for Yelan/Shinobu.

crumbs

Been waiting for Ayaka since I missed her first banner, but recently I'm not all that excited about pulling for her.

I have enough wishes banked to get her even if I lose the 50/50, but I don't think I want to commit those resources to her since I may want to pull for Yelan. I haven't been doing the Welkin moon for the last few months, so I need to be a bit more judicious with my primos.

Pejo

Cute Sara.

aj5ckykihbt81.jpg

Still waiting for a buff/artifact set/weapon that makes her more than a Keqing/Shogun buffer. She still has one of my favorite designs but god damn is she hard to fit in a team.

*edit*

So apparently Shanghai (main MHY HQ) is experiencing unprecedented COVID outbreaks and the whole city is on lockdown, so they've cancelled the event "Spices from the West" (teapot related event). Also looks like 2.7 got pushed back by a week or 2 (so far), possibly more to come.

After living in a populous area through the pandemic, I can relate how shitty things are when everything is in high lockdown. That's also apparently why we're still in ongoing teapot maintenance. Hope they get through that stuff as safely and quickly as possible. It sucked in the US, I can't imagine how bad it is in CN with their government running things.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
May I say how I FUCKING HATE mihoyo's shitty camera autozoom in combat? Especially fucking bad in today's parry event.

Fucking incompetent idiots.

Pejo

May I say how I FUCKING HATE mihoyo's shitty camera autozoom in combat? Especially fucking bad in today's parry event.

Yea, I kept clicking the stick trying to do a lock-on (Elden Ring side effect) while doing the parry fights. The game could be so much better if we had a simple lock on feature like that.

This is gonna trigger someone here, I guess.

wj6p2a10f6t81.png
I don't think we have any armpit degenerates in this thread, but I could be wrong. It's just a fan markup anyways, not official art.

Last edited:
If the next patch gets delayed, I wonder how they'll fill those weeks in terms of content. Maybe they'll just do some more leyline overflows, and the traveling merchant. Should be easy to implement with little to no work.

The biggest question would be the event banner though. Will they simply extend Ayaka's banner? Will they not have any event banner at all? My suggestion is the totally sensible Yoimiya rerun.

Pejo

If the next patch gets delayed, I wonder how they'll fill those weeks in terms of content. Maybe they'll just do some more leyline overflows, and the traveling merchant. Should be easy to implement with little to no work.

The biggest question would be the event banner though. Will they simply extend Ayaka's banner? Will they not have any event banner at all? My suggestion is the totally sensible Yoimiya rerun.
Great question. The week delay is just an estimate for now too. Apparently the Shanghai government have been doing shit like forcing employees to sleep at their offices and are severely under-prepared so badly that all they're doing is giving out eggs and water to citizens. People can't even get other food. Like it's bad bad there. I had no idea until this morning when I read about it and started looking it up. I'd guess they'd either just extend the banners or not have a limited banner.
You know, it's even worse.
They're enabling it.
Well the staggering amount of armpit focused lewds I've seen of Yelan already means that there are plenty people on the other side of the conversation.

Saber

This is some of things Mihoyo couldn't give a single shit since the very start of the game.
The other one is stupid button positioning, lack of priority to enter buildings(tavern will be never fixed)and aways equipping stupid gadgets to do a specific task like a retard.

• Triggered
Reactions: Fuz

Fuz

Banned
God, how I hate genshin's fanbase.

Btw.
Bullshittedo.jpg

IT'S LOGICAL BECAUSE WE TOLD YOU SO. If they feel the need to have Paimon say it out loud to justify it...
Just a bunch of pretentious bullshit.

Purpleprint.jpg

Maybe you mean... purpleprint. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

In other news, I finally managed to reach 30M mora. Now onwards to 50! Also FINALLY got Sango's achievement - wish they'll do more investigation quests with Sango's agency, I kinda like them (Maybe with Heizou?).
Still missing the stupid novel achievement to finally close Inazuma's chapter.

Crimsondusk

I actually think it started off pretty well with Yelan. Oh and next patch potentially being delayed just mean more primos for Yelan.
I actually think it started off pretty well with the real reason for them being there but than all interest died when we were left to babysit you know who. Oh and next patch potentially being delayed just mean more primos for Yelan.

Pejo

Oh boy, who are the special guest for the last day of the festival?

Gorou and Kokomi

Bill Murray Christmas Movies GIF by filmeditor
How dare they make me hang out with stupid Dogboi instead of this precious little thing for the quest
hbBiPg5.png

CTBDHoY.jpg

I actually think it started off pretty well with the real reason for them being there but than all interest died when we were left to babysit you know who. Oh and next patch potentially being delayed just mean more primos for Yelan.
Yea I didn't mind that quest. The beginning when you see Gorou duck behind that wall immediately when Yae shows up was hilarious. Gave me vibes of background Gooba during the cooking event in Liyue

crumbs

How dare they make me hang out with stupid Dogboi instead of this precious little thing for the quest
hbBiPg5.png

CTBDHoY.jpg

Yea I didn't mind that quest. The beginning when you see Gorou duck behind that wall immediately when Yae shows up was hilarious. Gave me vibes of background Gooba during the cooking event in Liyue
The quest ended up being "OK" since it wasn't particularly long. I haven't done Gorou's hangout event, so maybe that gives more context to why he reacted so strongly to Yae. I know his hangout is the source of the gender swapped Gorou character that I've seen on reddit

Fuz

Banned
Got a little weird bug today.

Logged in, selected the first commission on the list and then ported to the new boss in the Chasm to use resin. When I killed it I opened the map and the commission was in Lyiue (my commissions are set in Inazuma). #*@!1!
I ported out to another Inazuma commission and the Lyiue commission was actually moved to Inazuma, it was Tang Wen annoying food begging (4th day in a row, btw).

is her character also located in Lyiue city for some reason or another (maybe temporarily during a quest)?

crumbs

Got a little weird bug today.

Logged in, selected the first commission on the list and then ported to the new boss in the Chasm to use resin. When I killed it I opened the map and the commission was in Lyiue (my commissions are set in Inazuma). #*@!1!
I ported out to another Inazuma commission and the Lyiue commission was actually moved to Inazuma, it was Tang Wen annoying food begging (4th day in a row, btw).

is her character also located in Lyiue city for some reason or another (maybe temporarily during a quest)?
This happened to me a couple of weeks ago. I thought her moving back to Liyue was related to Inazuma opening to foreign travel, but it appears to just be a bug since she's back in her normal spot in Inazuma.

Top Bottom