• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Fake

Gold Member
Already got the free Xingu. I don't need any leaker to tell me that the next event will have a Xingu free as well.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Damn, Taroumaru kicked my ass.

Edit: got him at second try.
The parry event is pretty cool imho.

Last edited:

Pejo

Damn, Taroumaru kicked my ass.
Filtered by a dog...

Embarrassed Shame GIF

Pejo

So I just finished the flower and Taroumaru quests. Had to do the hardest one 3 times because I kept timing out. You have to pretty much parry every opportunity (even the lightning slices) to beat him there since he wastes so damn much time doing the "exploding clone" bullshit. Overall I enjoyed that mode, and I bet we'll see a character with that kit in the future. The dataminers found that the parry skill originally had a heal associated with it that ended up being disabled during the actual event. Who knows if that's a new healer mechanic or if originally the enemies were supposed to do a ton of damage if you got hit and the parry would heal you instead of give a damage bonus. Oh joy of joys, got that waterboi stella fortuna. I really hope with Yelan coming soon that they're done giving more free copies of him.

I was dicking around in the chasm farming those husks for their materials, since they'll likely be used on a character/weapon soon and there's a limited number you can get per day, and I ended up finding Zhiqiong's camp with a letter and a crystal. The letter was way deeper than something I expected from Genshin, regarding life and accomplishments. Only one character had additional dialogue about her though, which was a bummer.

Most of the events for this festival were lacking. The poem and ikebana ones were pure filler. Say what you will about Theater Mechanicus, but at least it's an actual mini-game. The parry event requires some polish. I felt like I was mostly just waiting for the enemy to strike. I'm willing to give them a pass because there's a lot of other content in this patch.

The highlight of the festival was definitely the character interactions. Those were pretty cute. The overarching story was... okay. I think they put quite a bit of work into the stories and scenes, but it doesn't quite pay off. Still, I appreciate that they come up with a story that involves all the characters and progresses throughout the festival.

Seems like they'll always be struggling with their diverse player base. Lots of folks just want simple events to rake in the freemogems. Others want an elaborate story. Some just want to explore, others want combat. They try to do a bit of everything (keeping budget in mind I'm sure) but that way you won't really please anyone.

Fake

Gold Member
All this event is lacking. They're just after put every char together to give the illusion of a good content.

Even put Venti in this event don't make sense, taking Shogun behavior.

And we have the teapot maintaince, I've earn loads of teapot rewards, can't use a thing.

What a good way of back playing this game.

G6CJKUY.png

Hmmmm... (I honestly tried lining her up right and this always happened...)

Put spoilers before MiHoYo censor this.

Pejo

Most of the events for this festival were lacking. The poem and ikebana ones were pure filler. Say what you will about Theater Mechanicus, but at least it's an actual mini-game. The parry event requires some polish. I felt like I was mostly just waiting for the enemy to strike. I'm willing to give them a pass because there's a lot of other content in this patch.

The highlight of the festival was definitely the character interactions. Those were pretty cute. The overarching story was... okay. I think they put quite a bit of work into the stories and scenes, but it doesn't quite pay off. Still, I appreciate that they come up with a story that involves all the characters and progresses throughout the festival.

Seems like they'll always be struggling with their diverse player base. Lots of folks just want simple events to rake in the freemogems. Others want an elaborate story. Some just want to explore, others want combat. They try to do a bit of everything (keeping budget in mind I'm sure) but that way you won't really please anyone.
I wish they wouldn't have started with the relatively weak light novel story, and instead focused on Kazuha's past. The event started out as a really boring event story and ended up as Kazuha story quest 2, which I found to be much more interesting. The minigames, well, I hate Mechanicus. Can't defend it being in the game and getting worse with each iteration. The ONLY saving grace with this version was that there was less busywork and less waves to deal with, which meant less total time playing it. I liked the parry stuff, but it shows that we need a target lock and it's a shame that there wasn't more to it. Flower pot thing is fine for casuals. It only took a few minutes and we got some free furniture and primos. Fine by me.

Chasm was excellent, but that's a whole different team developing that than the ones that make the events. I do think you're right that they try to please everyone a little, it definitely shows with how shallow every part is. I'm a little surprised to see them turn away from co-op modes in their events lately though. Anyways, I hated the event in the beginning, but at the end I'd give the whole thing about a 6/10.

The one thing that I said at the beginning, that I'm still disappointed with, is that we never saw any interaction between Venti and Ei. I mean surely they should be able to tell if a being as powerful as another Archon is in their nation. Venti plays the part of a loser drunk, but I'm really waiting to see his more serious side that's been hinted at (mostly in sad/melodramatic moments). Ei had nearly zero presence in this thing as a whole, which is weird considering that this is the first festival since they reopened borders.

Pejo

Just wondering, did Ei completely stopped her anti-erosion meditation?
The last we saw anything about it, she and the Shogun (puppet) reached a mutual understanding about the new direction of her directives and the Shogun will no longer prevent her from taking over the body. It's undetermined if she's full timing the body now or if she still lets Shogun handle the day-to-day. The bit we saw in the festival was clearly Ei though instead of Shogun, it even had her named in the captions.

Leaks from CN leaker regarding the status of 2.7:

“Due to covid (Shanghai under lockdown), 2.6 might be extended with the addition of a banner after Ayaka’s banner ends. Itto+Xiao double rerun banner, 2.6 is extended by 3 weeks. 2.7 is shortened to only Yelan’s banner, followed by 2.8.”

This might be why the Battle pass EXP requirements per level were changed in 2.7 beta, as a shorter patch duration means less time to earn points compared to usual. Also considering the Liben event ends 2 days after 2.6 would normally end, it is seems more likely that 2.6 is extended.
That doesn't mean that Yelan's banner duration is shortened, it means that she will likely be the only banner in 2.7. Hopefully that means it's longer, and that Shinobu will be on her banner as well. Best case scenario for me, since I might try to roll for a constellation or 2.

Pejo

Itto+Xiao is the emergency banner or is it still undiscovered?

Xiao again?
They said Itto is almost a certainty if it happens, the 2nd character was teased as "a male who recently had their artifact set added", so unless they consider one of those new sets good for Kazuha, it's gotta be Xiao.

That doesn't mean that Yelan's banner duration is shortened, it means that she will likely be the only banner in 2.7. Hopefully that means it's longer, and that Shinobu will be on her banner as well. Best case scenario for me, since I might try to roll for a constellation or 2.
Hoyoverse's rerun schedule continues to infuriate me. But let's look at the positives. More time to save, that's great. I agree that it likely means Yelan and Cookie will be on the same banner. I doubt they'd suddenly release Cookie earlier in this patch. Everything went better than expected, if true.

Pejo

Hoyoverse's rerun schedule continues to infuriate me. But let's look at the positives. More time to save, that's great. I agree that it likely means Yelan and Cookie will be on the same banner. I doubt they'd suddenly release Cookie earlier in this patch. Everything went better than expected, if true.
Yea it's kinda bullshit. Look at the banners right now. Venti has such a minor role in the whole patch, but he got his 3rd rerun. Meanwhile the event turns directly into Kaz's story and no rerun to be found. I have a feeling they only added Venti to the event to begin with so that they didn't have to go back on their "reruns are based on the characters appearing in the patch" nonsense. They should just do a rerun schedule based on how long it's been since the last run like most other gachas. At least then people can somewhat budget their primos (which is probably why they won't).

This is really a loooooooooong pulless period.
It'll be worth it to not ever have to use Xingqiu.

t0uwg7cyh2r81.jpg

Fuz

Banned
Yea it's kinda bullshit. Look at the banners right now. Venti has such a minor role in the whole patch, but he got his 3rd rerun. Meanwhile the event turns directly into Kaz's story and no rerun to be found. I have a feeling they only added Venti to the event to begin with so that they didn't have to go back on their "reruns are based on the characters appearing in the patch" nonsense. They should just do a rerun schedule based on how long it's been since the last run like most other gachas. At least then people can somewhat budget their primos (which is probably why they won't).

It'll be worth it to not ever have to use Xingqiu.

t0uwg7cyh2r81.jpg
Yeah I wanted to skip her too. I don't care much for her, she doesn't sound busted and I don't exactly love bow gameplay.
Maybe I'll pull out of desperation IF, and only if, Cookie Shinobu is on the same banner. But still... I don't want to invest time in building them.

crumbs

I wish they wouldn't have started with the relatively weak light novel story, and instead focused on Kazuha's past. The event started out as a really boring event story and ended up as Kazuha story quest 2, which I found to be much more interesting. The minigames, well, I hate Mechanicus. Can't defend it being in the game and getting worse with each iteration. The ONLY saving grace with this version was that there was less busywork and less waves to deal with, which meant less total time playing it. I liked the parry stuff, but it shows that we need a target lock and it's a shame that there wasn't more to it. Flower pot thing is fine for casuals. It only took a few minutes and we got some free furniture and primos. Fine by me.

Chasm was excellent, but that's a whole different team developing that than the ones that make the events. I do think you're right that they try to please everyone a little, it definitely shows with how shallow every part is. I'm a little surprised to see them turn away from co-op modes in their events lately though. Anyways, I hated the event in the beginning, but at the end I'd give the whole thing about a 6/10.

The one thing that I said at the beginning, that I'm still disappointed with, is that we never saw any interaction between Venti and Ei. I mean surely they should be able to tell if a being as powerful as another Archon is in their nation. Venti plays the part of a loser drunk, but I'm really waiting to see his more serious side that's been hinted at (mostly in sad/melodramatic moments). Ei had nearly zero presence in this thing as a whole, which is weird considering that this is the first festival since they reopened borders.
I get the impression they want to save archon interactions for permanent mainline story quests versus putting them in temporary events, but it does make for some awkward scenarios like Zhongli showing up in Mondstadt for tea or Venti bar hopping in Inazuma.

Venti was probably only added since he's on banner, otherwise his inclusion could have easily been another character with an "arts" background story.

Also, what happened to Klee? She just kinda disappeared from the story even though Albedo was still around. I guess Yoimiya took over full babysitting duties.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Fuz

crumbs

Scaramouche take Klee as hostage.
Maybe that will happen when 6-star Alice is on a banner and needs a story quest :messenger_grinning_sweat:

It was a little disappointing that we had Yoimiya and Klee together and didn't get to blow something up. A massive fireworks display to end the festival would have been better than watching Gorou getting tricked into crossdressing.

Pejo

Maybe that will happen when 6-star Alice is on a banner and needs a story quest :messenger_grinning_sweat:

It was a little disappointing that we had Yoimiya and Klee together and didn't get to blow something up. A massive fireworks display to end the festival would have been better than watching Gorou getting tricked into crossdressing.
Can't have anybody upstaging Liyue fireworks now.

Also, can I just mention again - Liyue!

Pejo

So I was reading up on some of Ei's lore today, looking back at her 2nd story quest from last patch. I had a fundamental misunderstanding about the timeline of things that the game explicitly tells us about. Mostly due to the timefuckery with Makoto's seed.

Turns out, Ei killed herself a long long long time ago (well ditched her body - the method isn't really stated). She did it so that her sister (Makoto) could properly ascend to Celestia and become an archon since presumably one one archon can exist per element. After Makoto became an archon and came back from Celestia, she "reforged" Ei's body to live as her Kagemusha (body double). It looks like Ei then used this tech/magic to make Scaramouche (who was supposed to actually control/hold on to the gnosis, not house her consciousness), and then after he failed, she made Shogun and sealed her consciousness inside after giving the Gnosis to Yae.

It kinda puts into perspective Scaradouche's angle. You could argue he was just trying to fulfill his true purpose after lifetimes of wandering etc. Losing his friend to the blacksmith's family seems to have been the tipping point for him when he gave up on humans and lost his marbles. Now that he's got the Gnosis, I think we're close to seeing his endgame, evidently within a few patches too if leaks can be believed. He likely never met Makoto, so I wonder if he knows about her or what his thoughts are about it. He also clearly has motive and the strength to lash out against Celestia, and to not give much of a fuck about double crossing the harbingers.

Pejo

Wait, what?
So you remember the cutscene from the event?

When Scaramouche recognizes the great grandfather as a "Niwa" and spares his life, that was because "Niwa" was his best friend's family name, who was slain by the head blacksmith for freeing Scara when he was imprisoned by them. That's also the real reason he fucked the Inazuman 4 swordsmith arts from behind the scenes - a form of revenge for killing his nameless only friend "Niwa".

*edit*

I didn't even notice this before, but Rosaria comments on how she hates her new censored outfit. They actually paid VA bucks to record these lines. I guess I can believe now that MHY didn't want to censor their characters anymore than we wanted them censored.

Last edited:
i had deleted my account because i played around launch and when i went back to it i felt completely lost. i didn't get far to be honest. made a new account and started again today! playing with a controller on PC feels so much better.

Pejo

i had deleted my account because i played around launch and when i went back to it i felt completely lost. i didn't get far to be honest. made a new account and started again today! playing with a controller on PC feels so much better.
Ask away if you have any questions. You have a LOT of content ahead of you.

Ask away if you have any questions. You have a LOT of content ahead of you.
thanks. i know :) i can't remember how far i got but wasn't much. i'm still feeling overwhelmed by everything but if i'm not sure i'll be asking in here :)

i just finished elden ring today and need something else to dig my teeth into. i've been meaning to come back to genshin for a few months but was waiting for my old account to be deleted and to finish elden ring :)

Fuz

Banned

HOARD

Fuz

Banned
Don't use resources until you fully understand what you're doing. Don't ever use primogems to buy "blue" wishes. And so on.
Let me do a search and I'll copypaste the "usual newbie suggestions".

HOARD everything until you understand what you're doing. Especially: never buy blue wishes with primogems. You can buy blue wishes with Stardust, don't buy them with starglitter until you understand what you're doing. Use all your resin daily if you can, and use it to farm materials/world bosses and not to farm artifacts until you can do it at the highest difficulty (world level 40-45 iirc). Always do the 4 daily commissions (quests) and report back to Katheryne in the city guild. Don't go overboard leveling characters, weapons and artifacts until you understand what you're doing and what you're using and what it's better to save for later.

HOARD.

The guys will probably add some more tips.

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
Dude... Yelan getting delay would ruin my back for this game.

I'm trying to take some time from Elden Ring, but god damnit... Already this stupid teapot maintenance.

Pejo

Wait so yelan is delayed?
No official announcements yet, but the general leak brigade are saying it's likely that we get a 2-3 week delay between 2.6 and 2.7 (Yelan's patch). Also, it's likely that we'll only have one banner through all of 2.7 to get it lined back up with the correct dates. There's talk of an Itto/Xiao rerun banner after 2.6 ends to fill some time, and then Yelan/Shinobu will be the entirety of 2.7.

Best possible news for me, if I'm being honest. Still, I have a lot of empathy for those in Shanghai right now. Lockdown sucks and the local government is absolutely not handling it well.
Have you like my dogs?
It feels like there are less of them now than when they were waiting at the beach when you load in.

In a different topic - is there any way for us to tell which furniture is in each "set" right now with teapot maintenance? I want to start crafting some of the Inazuma gift sets, but I have no way to tell what I need to craft without being able to look at the set in the teapot menu. I checked Archive/inventory/Tubby's inventory but none of them list what's in there. I guess I could go to the wiki, but I'm just curious.

Also, just got the achievement for 60 spincrystals unlocked in my teapot today. I wonder how many there are in total. I found one song that I'm not sure that I even have heard in the main game.

Don't use resources until you fully understand what you're doing. Don't ever use primogems to buy "blue" wishes. And so on.
Let me do a search and I'll copypaste the "usual newbie suggestions".

The guys will probably add some more tips.
ah alright :)

i don't really know what i'm doing. the currency is confusing. there seems to be at least 3 different kinds... i used x11 wishes on something. it's a banner with mona on it? got some swords and shit.

other than that i collected some orb things and took them to a statue to improve stamina and some other things. i've just levelled lumine + amber up. they are lvl 20 with lvl 19/20 swords (3 star i think). they are only two characters i have so far. i'm still very early in. just at the temple with kaeya (?) and it says a reward for completing it is him.

i'll take your advice and hoard until i know wtf i'm doing :)

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Praise the Sun
Reactions: Fuz

SSfox

Started to level up Razor because no thing to do. I forgot he is pretty decent damage dealer.

So, I wanted to buy one constelation from the shop, but missing only 2 points to get. I use only 2 blue wishes and Amber came home.
I'm consdering up, specially now that i have Yunjin, i think he would work very well with her.

But for now saving everything for Ayaka, 2 days to go!!

Pejo

Started to level up Razor because no thing to do. I forgot he is pretty decent damage dealer.

So, I wanted to buy one constelation from the shop, but missing only 2 points to get. I use only 2 blue wishes and Amber came home.
Razor was my first carry until I rolled Childe way back in the day. I still like him, but he does far far less damage than the rest of my carries at this point. Shame, with proper balance and a few buffs to his %'s, he could still be competitive.

Since I ran out of stuff to do, I've been going through with those pokemon balls and capturing at least 1 of every type of wildlife (at least the ones you can catch). The pigeons surprisingly have been the hardest for me to get. Apparently once you chase away Timmy's pigeons, they're gone until reset. The only other place I know that they regularly spawn is a few places in Liyue by the wooden walkways. I have 3 out of the 5 varieties captured already.

I've also been trying to get the teapot version of the electro purple fish that only spawns in that one location with the electrified water and shipwrecks. No dice so far.

YukiOnna

Unlimited Budget Works. I may not like Ayato, but I do like Ayaka and her family lore. Music is stunning

Last edited:
Top Bottom