• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Q5UPvrn.gif

crumbs

So is Sayu as fun to play as her trial suggests? Or did the devs get cute and her trial is some gassed up BS? Asking since I finally added her while pulling for Ayaka yesterday.

Anemo characters seem to get the interesting mechanics. I just need Jean when I lose my next 50/50.

Last edited:

Pejo

So is Sayu as fun to play as her trial suggests? Or did the devs get cute and her trial is some gassed up BS? Asking since I finally added her while pulling for Ayaka yesterday.

Anemo characters seem to get the interesting mechanics. I just need Jean when I lose my next 50/50.
She's "fun" to roll around with, but very weak. Her swirls suck, her multipliers suck, and her healing is ....eh until high constellations. It also only heals active characters, so it's worthless vs. erosion from the dickwolves or cold buildup/etc. If you don't have her at at least C1 she's kinda a bother to use with the way her burst works.

If you just need a VV user that moves around fast and has some light healing, she works.

crumbs

She's "fun" to roll around with, but very weak. Her swirls suck, her multipliers suck, and her healing is ....eh until high constellations. It also only heals active characters, so it's worthless vs. erosion from the dickwolves or cold buildup/etc. If you don't have her at at least C1 she's kinda a bother to use with the way her burst works.

If you just need a VV user that moves around fast and has some light healing, she works.
Hmm, that's too bad. I did get her to C1, but I already have Kazuha & Sucrose for swirls and Babs & Diona for healing. My Sucrose is completely built yet, so Sayu will be a "down the road" project.

Pejo

Hmm, that's too bad. I did get her to C1, but I already have Kazuha & Sucrose for swirls and Babs & Diona for healing. My Sucrose is completely built yet, so Sayu will be a "down the road" project.
Yea in my opinion, the fact that she doesn't gather, and doesn't provide buffs or cleansing kinda holds her back. It's hard to fit Anemo into most teams because you're losing one of the 4 reactive elements to do it. With Kaz you get gather and a big EM buff, so it's very worth it. With Venti you get a 1 button kill for small enemies, gather, and energy battery. With Jean you get full group heals, continuous heals, cleanse, yeet-ability, Sucrose gives a nice EM buff and gathers too. It's not that she's necessarily bad, but any other anemo character offers more to the team to justify that team slot. If we ever got 5 person parties, I could see a lot more use out of her.

crumbs

Yea in my opinion, the fact that she doesn't gather, and doesn't provide buffs or cleansing kinda holds her back. It's hard to fit Anemo into most teams because you're losing one of the 4 reactive elements to do it. With Kaz you get gather and a big EM buff, so it's very worth it. With Venti you get a 1 button kill for small enemies, gather, and energy battery. With Jean you get full group heals, continuous heals, cleanse, yeet-ability, Sucrose gives a nice EM buff and gathers too. It's not that she's necessarily bad, but any other anemo character offers more to the team to justify that team slot. If we ever got 5 person parties, I could see a lot more use out of her.
Anemo without the buffs makes it seem like she's designed for exploring rather than combat. Sneaking up on wildlife, rolling around elemental skill, pair her with another anemo character for elemental resonance bonuses, claymore for mining, some light healing - these are useful in overworld, but not in domains or combat scenarios.

Fake

Gold Member

Main Sayu here. She is damn fun, but as every 4 star char, she need a load of investment.

4- set anemo plus full ATK is her ultimate heal/support damage.

You need at least C1 for her to work. Her burst need to heal and dmg at the same time.

Can't understand why they give her Favonius Sword.

Last edited:

Pejo

Can't understand why they give her Favonius Sword.
With 80 cost burst and likely being the solo Anemo element in the party, she needs lots of particles and ER to give her decent uptime on the burst. Favonius are some of the best for strict ER.

Fake

Gold Member
With 80 cost burst and likely being the solo Anemo element in the party, she needs lots of particles and ER to give her decent uptime on the burst. Favonius are some of the best for strict ER.

Was the test drive zone already give a huge boost in ER for everyone?

Pejo

Was the test drive zone already give a huge boost in ER for everyone?
Yea they just give a flat hidden ER buff in the "trial" stage for all characters so you can use their bursts more often. They mentioned it in the patch notes around version 2.1 or so.

Saber

I'll take any event that involves combat. The ones where you defeat endless waves are pretty fun IMO.

Not for me when theres dumb mechanics over dumb mechanics for sake of being complex pretention.
I'm all for defeating waves of enemies too(even when they are difficult).
The quality of those events coupled with Chasm battle theme make keep very away from them.

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
Yea they just give a flat hidden ER buff in the "trial" stage for all characters so you can use their bursts more often. They mentioned it in the patch notes around version 2.1 or so.

IDK what build Sayu test got, but if I remember right Favonius only work when you make a critical hit, right?

I never like Favonius Claymore myself, but you need a decent critical rate for him to work. Not to mention making Sayu full support ruin everything about her spindash meta.

Last edited:

Pejo

IDK what build Sayu test got, but if I remember right Favonius only work when you make a critical hit, right?
It does for the weapon effect, but it's got a massive 61% ER at level 90 regardless of that. All of the Favonius weapons have huge ER stats. If you're not building her for crit, what are you building her for? EM? That only makes her heal slightly better and her swirls suck slightly less. If you go all out on Crit and ER, you can potentially spam her Burst every encounter.
I never like Favonius Claymore myself, but you need a decent critical rate for him to work. Not to mention making Sayu full support ruin everything about her spindash meta.
Favonius absolutely shouldn't be used on a damage dealing character, so if you're using Saya as a damage character then I understand why you wouldn't like it. But as a support weapon, it's fantastic. The particles that it generates can also be used to charge any party member's energy, so it makes her a pseudo battery in that regard too. I use favonius weapons on quite a few of my supports. Anybody that doesn't get an advantage from using the Sacrificial weapons actually.

Fake

Gold Member
It does for the weapon effect, but it's got a massive 61% ER at level 90 regardless of that. All of the Favonius weapons have huge ER stats. If you're not building her for crit, what are you building her for? EM? That only makes her heal slightly better and her swirls suck slightly less. If you go all out on Crit and ER, you can potentially spam her Burst every encounter.

ATK%. Her heal scales with ATK. ATK% increase her anemo damage output as well. More ATK = more heal strenght, without losing the damage output.
My Sayu use 4-set anemo artifact, 4star Clarymore with ATK as secondary attribute. I can produce a decent ATK and Heal at the same time, but again require at least C1 for this to work.

Favonius absolutely shouldn't be used on a damage dealing character, so if you're using Saya as a damage character then I understand why you wouldn't like it. But as a support weapon, it's fantastic. The particles that it generates can also be used to charge any party member's energy, so it makes her a pseudo battery in that regard too. I use favonius weapons on quite a few of my supports. Anybody that doesn't get an advantage from using the Sacrificial weapons actually.

Agree. Is just ER is not my cup of tea. But again, if someone like my find funny doing damage over Sayu elemental skill I don't recommend seeking ER.
Sacrificial weapons would be better to recommend IMO.

The only reason Dilluc use ER is because I got Skyward Claymore for him and his effect works well when he use elemental burst.

Pejo

ATK%. Her heal scales with ATK. ATK% increase her anemo damage output as well. More ATK = more heal strenght, without losing the damage output.
My Sayu use 4-set anemo artifact, 4star Clarymore with ATK as secondary attribute. I can produce a decent ATK and Heal at the same time, but again require at least C1 for this to work.
That's fair. I probably lean into ER more than most people that play this game. My view is that - what good does an extra 400 damage do if I can only use the burst half as often? So I always go for ER when it's against other comparative stats like ATK/EM. I enjoy pressing the buttons, it sucks waiting for the buttons to be ready to be pressed.

Fake

Gold Member
That's fair. I probably lean into ER more than most people that play this game. My view is that - what good does an extra 400 damage do if I can only use the burst half as often? So I always go for ER when it's against other comparative stats like ATK/EM. I enjoy pressing the buttons, it sucks waiting for the buttons to be ready to be pressed.

Chars like Sayu needs much more than status. You need to fully master her playerstyle. It's not hard for me to generate particles. Her burst come very quick even not having ER.
Just to give you an ideia, 4set anemo is full ATK, besides the flower because how the games works. Maybe one or two have a little ER as secondary, but what you gonna do over this RNG bullshit?
Using her elemental skill and get absorved others elements make easy for me to just collect particles.

The star of his kit is probably her elemental skill. I use for either spin around an enemy without being attacked because the enemy try to match my position or use her elemental skill to run of some AoE attack.

Now, if you want her to be a full healer and just use her burst for heal, maybe ER is the right choise, but again not make any sense at all doing her as healer because chars like Kokomi or Barbara are like 5 times better than her.
You can make her just for generate particle, but again there are others chars in that departament with can get better results. Anemo Traveler for example, you can generate far more particles just by tap his elemental skill, and the sword from Dragonspine works quite nice for this purpose.
I guess Sucrose can do better as well, right? Never played with her, but my brother do and generate tons of particles.

Last edited:

Pejo

Chars like Sayu needs much more than status. You need to fully master her playerstyle. It's not hard for me to generate particles. Her burst come very quick even not having ER.
Just to give you an ideia, 4set anemo is full ATK, besides the flower because how the games works. Maybe one or two have a little ER as secondary, but what you gonna do over this RNG bullshit?
Using her elemental skill and get absorved others elements make easy for me to just collect particles.

The star of his kit is probably her elemental skill. I use for either spin around an enemy without being attacked because the enemy try to match my position or use her elemental skill to run of some AoE attack.

Now, if you want her to be a full healer and just use her burst for heal, maybe ER is the right choise, but again not make any sense at all doing her as healer because chars like Kokomi or Barbara are like 5 times better than her.
You can make her just for generate particle, but again there are others chars in that departament with can get better results. Anemo Traveler for example, you can generate far more particles just by tap his elemental skill, and the sword from Dragonspine works quite nice for this purpose.
I guess Sucrose can do better as well, right? Never played with her, but my brother do and generate tons of particles.
You would definitely know better than me, I've never tried to use her as a damage option.

I had a really good time in day 1 of this event. We get precious few battle events that aren't tied around annoying mechanics and let you just have fun and rip through waves of enemies. I wish this is what Abyss was like. I uploaded my first run, nothing fancy, but I like getting to see my team comps that I spent a ton of time on shine. It's fun watching all the numbers in my Childe team and watching enemies just get deleted from existence when Eula's bomb drops. Particularly the Cicin mage at right around 4 minutes, I didn't even see the number for the damage I wiped her out with.

Fuz

Banned
You would definitely know better than me, I've never tried to use her as a damage option.

I had a really good time in day 1 of this event. We get precious few battle events that aren't tied around annoying mechanics and let you just have fun and rip through waves of enemies. I wish this is what Abyss was like. I uploaded my first run, nothing fancy, but I like getting to see my team comps that I spent a ton of time on shine. It's fun watching all the numbers in my Childe team and watching enemies just get deleted from existence when Eula's bomb drops. Particularly the Cicin mage at right around 4 minutes, I didn't even see the number for the damage I wiped her out with.

What do you use for recording? Fraps makes HUGE files even for very short videos.

SSfox

So guys, i need your suggestions on what character i should pick for Floor 12.

I've Raiden, Itto, Albedo, Zhong, Ayaka, HT, and most 4 stars excepte Sucrose.

Saber

I don't remember...is this the last floor?
Because last time I tried the first half of the last chamber was quite easy(I think you have to defeat a bunch of flowers), but the next half is 3 Abysm Heralds. I would recommend abuse of crowd control, because they won't gonna make easier. Also theres also one of chambers with 3 flame fatui, with one that applies a heavy pyro dps aura. If you don't kill him fast he will kill all your members pretty damn fast. So far, Barbara isn't enought against them, only brute force works as you disperce him faster.

Last edited:

Pejo

Are they all built with artifacts and talents and weapons?

By the way, I like the aesthetic of the Fontaine NPC. Is he the first one we've seen? I really hope they go for a film noire feeling for the city.

Last edited:

The biggest issue in my experience is dealing with the pyro heralds. You need hydro to defeat them in a timely fashion and they're in two different rooms, so you need two hydro users. I used Kokomi and Barbara to get that done. You should probably use Ayaka in the room with the 2 hydro heralds.

By the way, I like the aesthetic of the Fontaine NPC. Is he the first one we've seen? I really hope they go for a film noire feeling for the city.
The guy fixing the furnace in Inazuma was from Fontaine too, right? And there was a guy who wanted to make a samurai movie (or was that the same person?).

crumbs

There's been a couple of NPCs that are dressed like that, if I remember correctly there's one that appears in Ritou and the guy you help fix the Mikage furnace also uses that model NPC.

I've seen rumors pointing to a steampunk-ish aesthetic for Fontaine due to their use of technology. Either way, it looks like they will have a more modern western European look, at least when compared to Mondstadt.

SSfox

I don't remember...is this the last floor?
Because last time I tried the first half of the last chamber was quite easy(I think you have to defeat a bunch of flowers), but the next half is 3 Abysm Heralds. I would recommend abuse of crowd control, because they won't gonna make easier. Also theres also one of chambers with 3 flame fatui, with one that applies a heavy pyro dps aura. If you don't kill him fast he will kill all your members pretty damn fast. So far, Barbara isn't enought against them, only brute force works as you disperce him faster.
Yes it's the last floor, the 3 shield guys are hardcore, if i don't pick shield here it's gonna be rough

Are they all built with artifacts and talents and weapons?

All 5* are build, and 4* star i build those i use, Diona, Bennet, XQ, Beidou, Gourou, Chongyun for the most part.

SSfox

The biggest issue in my experience is dealing with the pyro heralds. You need hydro to defeat them in a timely fashion and they're in two different rooms, so you need two hydro users. I used Kokomi and Barbara to get that done. You should probably use Ayaka in the room with the 2 hydro heralds.

The guy fixing the furnace in Inazuma was from Fontaine too, right? And there was a guy who wanted to make a samurai movie (or was that the same person?).
My Barbara isn't build, i've a solid XQ tho but i use him with Ayaka to freeze, maybe i should lvl Barbara.

My Barbara isn't build, i've a solid XQ tho but i use him with Ayaka to freeze, maybe i should lvl Barbara.
I'm not sure she even needs to be built. I mean, it'll help your team for sure, but she just needs to burn through their pyro shield. Any and all hydro application seems to work for that. Electro will also work and perhaps geo, but I found hydro to work much better.

isn't this like....the 5th censorship wave for honkai though? First the swimsuits, then some of mei's suits and blood rose, then seele/bronya, then mei in apho2 and now this one.
The dream was dead all along.

Pejo

Genshin Impact: Take part in the "Journey With a Gentle Breeze" event to obtain Primogems and more! https://act.hoyoverse.com/ys/event/...=true&mhy_landscape=true&game_biz=hk4e_global

New web event. Enthralling.
isn't this like....the 5th censorship wave for honkai though? First the swimsuits, then some of mei's suits and blood rose, then seele/bronya, then mei in apho2 and now this one.
The dream was dead all along.
Shit I didn't know there was an uncensored Blood Rose... What changed?

Top Bottom