• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Pejo

So, how is Nahida fellow Genshin Kyodais?

Is she OP enough to make me reconsider my gems?
Nobody could possibly have her fully built, but even at low levels with shit equipment she does an amazing job with Dendro reactions, which is the main draw IMO. Try her in the trial until you've made up your mind, but I wouldn't skip her, even if you're just going for a single copy with no constellations.

Fuz

Banned
Fuz Fuz
Just announced, Saki is up next. Dual weebsword looks fun, but I'm being cautious with this one. She looks like she plays exactly like Claudia which I am not enamored with. Lin is estimated to be next banner after Saki, so....

Also, new CN character. They're apparently reeee-ing because of her skin color, but I actually like her a lot.

0rodd77bwfx91.jpg

She's apparently very, very strong and one of my targets (I love dual katanas, I'm an edgy kid). I think with some luck I can get both her and Lin.
I'll see the evaluations before pulling, in any case. I wanted a fire team and I'm getting anything but
svej4.gif

The bunnygirl can get fucked.
Have you tried the new race? It's actually fun this time.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
I'm currently using my R5 sacrificial book on her since it has really high EM, I wonder if it's worthwhile to R5 my Mappa Mare, which has better passives but considerably lower EM. I'll probably wait until some autist on reddit maths it out.
Better than the 3★ book?

Saber

I like the furniture but dear god...they really should hire people instead of relying on a fanbase whos only do blowjobs.

Last edited:

Pejo

She's apparently very, very strong
*in CN version. I'll have to try her myself, but if she plays like Claudia I'll probably skip, which is a shame because Frost is my strongest element and I was looking for some more options. You're gonna have to really pry me away from Frigg. I just got 3* Meryl, so that's a solid base for a Frost setup.
and one of my targets (I love dual katanas, I'm an edgy kid). I think with some luck I can get both her and Lin.
I think that's reasonable. just from logins and events I'm sitting on over 80 red nucleus myself, plus dark crystals. By the way, it's kinda shit that they stopped giving dark crystals in the chests in Vera. Gachapon currency is fine as a supplement, but shouldn't have been a replacement.
I'll see the evaluations before pulling, in any case. I wanted a fire team and I'm getting anything but
svej4.gif
There's actually a character trial feature they added in 2.0, it's not easy to see though. If you go to the limited character banner, there's a button that doesn't really look like a button that you can click to go in and try out the weapon vs. a dummy enemy.
The bunnygirl can get fucked.
How dare you. I think she looks fun. I think I can make her work as a physical DPS to eventually replace Claudia.

Have you tried the new race? It's actually fun this time.
It was another one that's fun at first, but doing it on the hour like 15 times, nah. First time through on this one was nice, and it also took me to some areas with Nuclei and PoIs that I couldn't find, but to grind it out, it was terrible. I only cleared the unique stuff from the shop, i'm not 100%'ing it.

You can just buy the Sumeru theme for the teapot from Tubby, if that's what you mean.
No shit? Weird, but ok I'll take it.

Side question - did anybody buy that 1000 realm currency seed consumable item? What is that? (or is that the teapot theme itself?)

Reactions: Fuz

Dregnel

So, how is Nahida fellow Genshin Kyodais?

Is she OP enough to make me reconsider my gems?
she does terrible damage by herself but her E is insane holy fuck, i got her with lv90 and her talents 4-6-6, when you mark the enemies and use elemental reactions you clean everything and that skill only have like 4 seconds CD.
A must have if you are interested in dendro reaction.

crumbs

*in CN version. I'll have to try her myself, but if she plays like Claudia I'll probably skip, which is a shame because Frost is my strongest element and I was looking for some more options. You're gonna have to really pry me away from Frigg. I just got 3* Meryl, so that's a solid base for a Frost setup.

I think that's reasonable. just from logins and events I'm sitting on over 80 red nucleus myself, plus dark crystals. By the way, it's kinda shit that they stopped giving dark crystals in the chests in Vera. Gachapon currency is fine as a supplement, but shouldn't have been a replacement.

There's actually a character trial feature they added in 2.0, it's not easy to see though. If you go to the limited character banner, there's a button that doesn't really look like a button that you can click to go in and try out the weapon vs. a dummy enemy.

How dare you. I think she looks fun. I think I can make her work as a physical DPS to eventually replace Claudia.

It was another one that's fun at first, but doing it on the hour like 15 times, nah. First time through on this one was nice, and it also took me to some areas with Nuclei and PoIs that I couldn't find, but to grind it out, it was terrible. I only cleared the unique stuff from the shop, i'm not 100%'ing it.

No shit? Weird, but ok I'll take it.

Side question - did anybody buy that 1000 realm currency seed consumable item? What is that? (or is that the teapot theme itself?)

Yes, that's the new teapot theme.

Fake

Gold Member
I was already expecting her burst do to miracles because that range is insane.

But about the dendro inselft, well, as part of dendro.

Pejo

Looks like in 3.3, Scara will bring with him the first 5* hangout event. The leaker's post about it was something like "first 5* invitation" which caused everyone to think immediately that we were getting a 5* selector. lol.

Also, Cat's Tail in Mondstadt will be able to be entered, where there will be TCG challenges.

Saber

Also, Cat's Tail in Mondstadt will be able to be entered, where there will be TCG challenges.

I just pray that place doesn't have a cringe music. Everytime I heard about this place, musics from Ragnarok online about cats came to my mind, and they are horrible.

• Empathy

Pejo

I just pray that place doesn't have a cringe music. Everytime I heard about this place, musics from Ragnarok online about cats came to my mind, and they are horrible.
I can't believe you used cringe music and RO in the same line. That game had a god tier soundtrack.

ESTi is a legend.

Pejo

ph4wj1yx8lx91.jpg

Man, regardless of Scaramouche, that's one hell of a catalyst for any on-field catalyst attacker. They're really going all out for Scara for some reason.

Saber

Man, regardless of Scaramouche, that's one hell of a catalyst for any on-field catalyst attacker. They're really going all out for Scara for some reason.

Was pretty obvious for me since the time I accept the fact that he would end up being playable.
He is a Shogun clone after all, they probably gonna be 100% with him.

Fuz

Banned
Holy shit I don't understand/like her gameplay at all.

And THANK GOD I avoided a Bennet copy, my OCD would have killed me with that red dot. Got a C57 Noelle and my first Favonius Codex.

Pejo

Ok GIF

Good thing his kit sounds interesting.

I wish this game would stop sticking their "badass" characters with the teenager body type. Xiao, Cyno, and Scaramouche (well maybe not, his design might look lame no matter what) would work better with the adult model.
If they're giving us these tame/lame female designs that pander to the "kawaii!" crowd, then it'd be nice if they gave us some males that don't look like twigs/twinks to even it out. I'm so tired of boys in shorts and midriff.

crumbs

If they're giving us these tame/lame female designs that pander to the "kawaii!" crowd, then it'd be nice if they gave us some males that don't look like twigs/twinks to even it out. I'm so tired of boys in shorts and midriff.
Agreed. It's also not helped by the poor storytelling techniques.

Take Cyno for example**, he looks like a half-naked teenager in Egyptian cosplay. So it's already an uphill battle to match his design with the game's lore, where he's apparently super tough and intimidating. Unfortunately, we never really get to see him do anything cool. We see him attempt to sucker punch Alhaitham, but otherwise the game's dialog just tells us that he's a badass and NPC reactions are supposed to be evidence of this.

They did the same thing with Kokomi: awkwardly have other characters talk of her strategic prowess, but never have her do anything particularly brilliant on-screen.

To their credit, they did fix this with Xiao during the Chasm quest by having him do something heroic on-screen.

** The caveat is that I haven't started the archon quest portion that released with v3.2, so maybe Cyno does something cool.

Pejo

** The caveat is that I haven't started the archon quest portion that released with v3.2, so maybe Cyno does something cool.
If by cool you mean the screen fades to black and shows a 1/2 second 'blammo!' animation, indicating that he punched someone, HARD, then yes.

I guess they're trying to cut down on how much FMV they put into the game, maybe for budget or filesize reasons, but come on, they own their own animation studio and have done stuff like this:

deanote666

Take Cyno for example**, he looks like a half-naked teenager in Egyptian cosplay. So it's already an uphill battle to match his design with the game's lore, where he's apparently super tough and intimidating. Unfortunately, we never really get to see him do anything cool. We see him attempt to sucker punch Alhaitham, but otherwise the game's dialog just tells us that he's a badass and NPC reactions are supposed to be evidence of this.

They did the same thing with Kokomi: awkwardly have other characters talk of her strategic prowess, but never have her do anything particularly brilliant on-screen.

I agree with Kokomi. Her (English) voice is too "cutesy" for a General and not enough of her using her strategic ability. Haven't seen her since her story quest where all she did was paper work and sleep so there haven't been any chance to show off how "brilliant" she is.

Cyno is no different from male Aether. Aether has the same build and has taken down gods and dragons. Plenty of anime/anime style media with the same build but are OP. Remember, vision holders are already a cut above the rest so think of the vision giving him a buff that doesn't fit his character model. Itto has abs but nothing on his arms.

If it wasn't fixed before now, the new patch fixed some environment issues. There were some rocks that showed up as something that could be interacted with (white in elemental vision). Spent a fair amount of time trying to figure out how to break/open one in a well in a cave system, thinking there was another path behind it...

Did those that got Nahida constellations notice how much of a damage boost C2 was compared to C0?

Last edited:

Pejo

They kinda throw you into it without explaining anything about how the fight goes, so I dunno. The Samsara in the middle of the fight was well done and I didn't expect it at all. Also, great cutscenes. Ironic considering I was just complaining a few posts ago about not enough cutscenes.

Anyways, fight itself I don't really understand yet, i'll look up the "right" way to do it later, but I basically just exploded him with Eula like any other boss. I really wanted to see Traveler punch him in his stupid face at least once though, so that's kind of a bummer.

Still haven't finished the quest, but I ran out of time on my lunch break and couldn't do anything past his fight until later. Seems like it's gonna be annoying to fight him weekly with melee characters though, since you can only hit his tippy toes and he warps around constantly. Guess it'll be time to dig out my Yoimiya again.

*edit*

New teapot is actually pretty cool at night. I like the new mansion too. Still wish they gave us 1-2 desert islands instead of all 'jack and the beanstalk', they get very samey.

Cool animation too when you manually run between islands, where the vines will light up and grow in front of you.

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
I don't know about you guys, but I'm not convinced with Nahida's gameplay after trying her out. Feels clunky to me.

She may be OP, but for me it makes no sense going for a character I don't find funny to play with.

I'll try her more down the road but for now feels like an easy skip.

Last edited:

Saber

I have my takes about Scara boss fight, but the worst offender is the music. Its the worst thing I ever listened from them.
I have my gripes against Inazuma, but the best thing about it was the soundtrack. There isn't a single moment that I listen to Signora boss theme that I didn't say something like "this is 100% Signora, this screams Signora to me".
Scara in the other hand felt like the dumbass behind it lost himself simping him, put a bunch of high "badass" tones and lameass voices in the attempt to make it feel like something similar to Sephirot and it fails miserably.

Dendro cube wasn't as bad as I though. Brough Dendro traveler, following my buds here explanation and it isn't a pain like the stupid pyro cube. Oh, and I didn't get and cheevo for using pyro, is there something else I should do?

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
Scaramouche boss is a mix bag boss imo. They really should make you fight Scara without the robot in the second phase.

And I felling a huge deja vu from all this process, you fight the boss, the floor break for the second phase (like second phase Chield boss battle), them traveler got unconscious, someone try to save his life from the Fatui Harbinger and another fucking gnosis lost (like Yae Miko did with Scaramouche on the Inazuma factory to save Traveler life).

The only way they want to force me battle again are the usual 'you gonna need his farm item for ascencion' cycle.

And simps saying 'Nahida fight and win Scara' is the most hilarious thing I've heard since the Scaramouche misogynistic theory from reddit.

Pejo

I have my takes about Scara boss fight, but the worst offender is the music. Its the worst thing I ever listened from them.
I have my gripes against Inazuma, but the best thing about it was the soundtrack. There isn't a single moment that I listen to Signora boss theme that I didn't say something like "this is 100% Signora, this screams Signora to me".
Scara in the other hand felt like the dumbass behind it lost himself simping him, put a bunch of high "badass" tones and lameass voices in the attempt to make it feel like something similar to Sephirot and it fails miserably.

Dendro cube wasn't as bad as I though. Brough Dendro traveler, following my buds here explanation and it isn't a pain like the stupid pyro cube. Oh, and I didn't get and cheevo for using pyro, is there something else I should do?
I liked the phase 2 music, but I'm into those crunchy tones that create a sound of foreboding.

And I felling a huge deja vu from all this process, you fight the boss, the floor break for the second phase (like second phase Chield boss battle), them traveler got unconscious, someone try to save his life from the Fatui Harbinger and another fucking gnosis lost (like Yae Miko did with Scaramouche on the Inazuma factory to save Traveler life).
Yea, that part felt awfully familiar. I also got an achievement during the fight when he dropped the huge lightning ball down on me. He spawned like 6 devices that I was supposed to destroy I guess, but nothing I did made them take any damage, so I just switched to Guest character Nahida and let her eat the meteor. Got the achievement when she died lol

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
Yea, that part felt awfully familiar. I also got an achievement during the fight when he dropped the huge lightning ball down on me. He spawned like 6 devices that I was supposed to destroy I guess, but nothing I did made them take any damage, so I just switched to Guest character Nahida and let her eat the meteor. Got the achievement when she died lol

I guess everyone got this achievement lmao. Shame I forgot to choise Nahida to take the damage. Poor Sayu.

What in hell is this weapon? Sounds mega OP.

Probably weapon banner for Scaramouche.

Fuz

Banned
More annoying than pyro cube for me, my electro is Raiden and she's not ideal for hitting the buds.

You have to hit it with fire after it drops down in a ball shape.

Scaramouche misogynistic theory from reddit
wat

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member

There was a theory long time ago on Genshin Impact reddit saying that Scaramouche hate woman lmao.

i don't see that very OP because all catalyst users are ver slow.

Was already proved that attack speed have nothing to do with the weapon at all. Polearm, as the GI game say, is the most fast weapon, but somehow there are very slow polearm users in the game.
And the advantage of being a catalyst are they already attack with infusion all the time.

crumbs

Here are the new "Wonders of the World" achievements related to the dendro cube:

Records of the Fall - This the pyro one.

Marvelous Uses of Nitrogen Fixation

Pejo

Well, finished the archon quest.
So it turns out I was mostly right with my guess before. Kusanali was kind of an offshoot of Rukka, but not the same being. Kinda weird that they used "branches" to symbolize this instead of seeds, but I'm sure it's related to something we'll find out later about Irminsul. I was also right about the "world forget me" thing being related to Rukka and the black slime (forbidden knowledge is now the official name for it). Also, I guess my original idea forever ago about Alhaitham being a Dottore clone was wrong, but I had moved on to thinking Alhaitham is a homunculus like Albedo anyways, which I still believe. He shows the same kind of obsession that Albedo does, and they both have the throat gems.

Interesting stuff about the 'sibling' being from Teyvat, and the Descenders. Wish they'd expand on it a bit, but still good stuff. I wonder if that's so they can have the siblings make an heir later without incest being involved. Shit's gettin' weird in Teyvat.

Also, here's my estimation of what an archon looks like when they don't give up a Gnosis to an enemy that JUST tried to destroy their nation, for 5 minutes:
Animated GIF

I thought it would have been a big plot twist if the info that Dottore gave Kusanali at the end was more forbidden knowledge (which sounded like it actually was?). It doesn't seem that Irminsul got corrupted again immediately this time though, so maybe it wasn't THAT forbidden knowledge?

I could have done without those fetch quests to get everyone to the grand feast that happened during a black screen with the words "And everyone had a great time, trust us". Mentally ill lesbian shippers are gonna have a field day with the Dehya "my lady" stuff. Expect awful tumblr fanart on reddit within the next 2-3 days after they finally press enough buttons to beat Scara.

Also, the archon quest gave me the last bit of rep I needed for rank 10 Sumeru reputation stuff.
FzfMSbh.jpg

Looks good.

Fake

Gold Member
Just one of the sibling are from Teyvat LOL. And the Traveler is a descender, three more descenders are inside the Fatui.

Those cockmunchers actually deleted the Amber card after all. I thought it was just a beta thing.

Was a Amber card before?

Pejo

Just one of the sibling are from Teyvat LOL. And the Traveler is a descender, three more descenders are inside the Fatui.
No, the first "descender" was the heavenly principles (The unknown god from the intro and Celestia). We don't know who the other 2 are.
Was a Amber card before?
Yea she was a freebie in the starter deck in the original leaks.

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
No, the first "descender" was the heavenly principles (The unknown god from the intro and Celestia. We don't know who the other 2 are.

Yea she was a freebie in the starter deck in the original leaks.

Was Piero one of the 'descender'? I remember a leak saying this. And Nahida got this info from the Fatui database.

Strange. Maybe they understimate her popularity?

Pejo

Was Piero one of the 'descender'? I remember a leak saying this. And Nahida got this info from the Fatui database.
Piero was likely one of the leaders of Khanrei'ah, but maybe. We know nothing about the other 2 Descenders other than Celestia - 1, and us -4. Also, this isn't the Fatui database, she got it from Dottore who could be lying, but she did verify some of the facts with Irminsul which is like the Teyvat database, nothing to do specifically with the Fatui.
Strange. Maybe they understimate her popularity?
They can underestimate my foot up their ass if I don't eventually get an Amber card.

Top Bottom