• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

crumbs

I'm sure some folks didn't pull because of the belly button thing (I didn't even realize that was a thing until you guys just mentioned it, I guess I missed that controversy), but I think Nilou's niche kit + the 3.2 Nahida banner played bigger roles. It also doesn't help that pretty much every other leaked upcoming 5 star (Scara & Deyha in particular) sound more interesting than Nilou.

Another potential reason: they just ran Kokomi during 3.0. I was interested in an AOE hydro character, so I pulled Kokomi since she's more versatile in team comps and roles than Nilou.

Saber

I'm sure some folks didn't pull because of the belly button thing (I didn't even realize that was a thing until you guys just mentioned it, I guess I missed that controversy), but I think Nilou's niche kit + the 3.2 Nahida banner played bigger roles. It also doesn't help that pretty much every other leaked upcoming 5 star (Scara & Deyha in particular) sound more interesting than Nilou.

Another potential reason: they just ran Kokomi during 3.0. I was interested in an AOE hydro character, so I pulled Kokomi since she's more versatile in team comps and roles than Nilou.

Yeah, Kokomi is the ultimate healer. No way people would miss her.

Pejo

It's a shame, Nilou could have been a fun and useful character with a couple small tweaks.

• Her elemental skill AoE water stance should have either ticks of damage or ticks of healing. Healing would be better, but that kinda steps on Kokomi a bit. Even a buff would be better than just "makes things wet".
  • Bountiful cores should not have a team requirement to exist. They should be generated automatically when you use the corresponding version of her elemental skill and get the buff, as it works now. The strength of the cores should improve with more Dendro or Hydro characters in the party.
  • Candace should have been a Hydro Shield generating character instead of a weak burst Hydro imbue and slight NA strengthening. This would help fill Nilou's niche while helping protect the party from bountiful core damage and shielders are universally useful. We still only have Pyro, Geo, and Cryo shields available, even after Layla in 3.2. Electro if you count the side effect of Beidou's burst, but it's hardly on demand like the others.
That's all it would have taken (for me) to make Nilou much better, with the side effect of also making Candace better.

Fake

Gold Member
Nilou is another missed opportunity, like Ayato.

But I find her fun, besides her dendro mechanics nonsense. She work quite well just using hydro.

Pejo

Dammit, I thought the update was tomorrow and just turned in all my dailies. Then I looked at the banner duration and Nilou's was down to an hour or so. I don't know why I have such a hard time conceptualizing the update schedule for Genshin Impact. I am usually 100% fine on this and never run into this many issues figuring out when maintenance is going to start. Probably because 90% of games do the maintenance for all servers simultaneously instead of this staggered by timezone garbage.

crumbs

Dammit, I thought the update was tomorrow and just turned in all my dailies. Then I looked at the banner duration and Nilou's was down to an hour or so. I don't know why I have such a hard time conceptualizing the update schedule for Genshin Impact. I am usually 100% fine on this and never run into this many issues figuring out when maintenance is going to start. Probably because 90% of games do the maintenance for all servers simultaneously instead of this staggered by timezone garbage.
I could be wrong, but I thought GI version updates hit all servers at the same time. This is what it says on their update page:

〓Update Schedule〓
Update maintenance begins on 2022/11/02 06:00:00 (UTC+8) and is estimated to take 5 hours.

Maybe this is why you thought it was tomorrow? I just assume it will be on Tuesday of what ever week is listed for the update.

Fuz

Banned
I don't know why I have such a hard time conceptualizing the update schedule for Genshin Impact.
Season 10 Hug GIF by Friends

Dregnel

Would be more usefull if at least Playstation players could pre-install like PC and mobile.
I had twice today, the download stopped at 93% and with honkai i need to download the whole game with every patch.

I'm having blue screens that don't give me time to read but it only happens to me in genshin after updating windows.

Sometimes i think about buying a ps4.

Pejo

I had twice today, the download stopped at 93% and with honkai i need to download the whole game with every patch.

I'm having blue screens that don't give me time to read but it only happens to me in genshin after updating windows.

Are you running Win7 still or something? MHY's old Honkai PC launcher was terrible, but the new one has been solid for me on Win10.

Fake

Gold Member

I can't recommend PS4 either lmao. The game runs like shit here, trust me.

Dregnel

Are you running Win7 still or something? MHY's old Honkai PC launcher was terrible, but the new one has been solid for me on Win10.
Windows 10, latest update i'm not sure if downloading the whole game it says the size with every patch 7 or 15 gb, but it can't be that big.

Pejo

Windows 10, latest update i'm not sure if downloading the whole game it says the size with every patch 7 or 15 gb, but it can't be that big.
Maybe it's because you download multiple language packs? I'll look the next time I update and see what the size is. I usually kick it off and go do something else.

Pejo

iu

I'm excited for Nahida, but for the first time in a long time, I actually want to see how the story goes in Sumeru. We're finally getting to see some of the bigger lore behind what's really going on in Teyvat. Time to wrap up that maintenance, boys.

Pejo

Fuz Fuz
Just announced, Saki is up next. Dual weebsword looks fun, but I'm being cautious with this one. She looks like she plays exactly like Claudia which I am not enamored with. Lin is estimated to be next banner after Saki, so....

Also, new CN character. They're apparently reeee-ing because of her skin color, but I actually like her a lot.

0rodd77bwfx91.jpg

Last edited:

LordCBH

The only two permanent banner characters I didn’t have were Tighnari and Keqing.

At least Qiqi is fun to use. I’d have lost my shit if I got a 3rd Diluc cause I just don’t like playing as him. All I want is the radish though.

Pejo

So I got C1 with what I saved up, didn't lose the 50/50, but went deep into pity both times. hopefully I can get C2 before the banner ends.

She's REALLY strong. I have her at level 40, with level 50 Sacrificial Fragments book, level 1 talents down the board, outfitted with some level 1 artifacts with around ~400 EM and her blooms are doing over 8k. What a little monster. I think straight EM is going to hands down be the best build for her, as high as you can get it. Her autos feel pretty good too, unlike Klee (for me at least). Very happy other than the little shit run.

I was messing around with the "read their minds" feature of her elemental skill, and apparently it only works with Sumeru people for now. I went to Liyue/Mond and couldn't read any minds there, but the desert town was fair game, so it's not Akasha terminal related. I was surprised that the mindreading lines were actually voiced. That's a lot of effort for a feature that not everyone will have access to.

Looks like the tree is still capped at 30, so no teapot for us yet.

crumbs

Lost the 50/50 about 45 pulls in, but it was Jean, who I've been wanting since day 1 and has eluded me.

Went almost 80 pulls to get Kusanali. Kinda anti-climatic pulling on a banner where all the 4 stars have been C6'd a long time ago. At least I banked a bunch of starglitter for wishes.

Dendro cube wasn't too bad. I found that Tighnari + Keqing + Shogun worked well (Basically two electro and at least one dendro, I imagine that Kusanali and Shinobu would also work here, but I don't have either built yet). The cube seems to apply dendro to you even if you're out of the AOE from some of its attacks, so don't bother with pyro (unless they are ranged) since you'll likely set yourself on fire while having the dendro aura applied.

Saber

Lost the 50/50 about 45 pulls in, but it was Jean, who I've been wanting since day 1 and has eluded me.

Went almost 80 pulls to get Kusanali. Kinda anti-climatic pulling on a banner where all the 4 stars have been C6'd a long time ago. At least I banked a bunch of starglitter for wishes.

Dendro cube wasn't too bad. I found that Tighnari + Keqing + Shogun worked well (Basically two electro and at least one dendro, I imagine that Kusanali and Shinobu would also work here, but I don't have either built yet). The cube seems to apply dendro to you even if you're out of the AOE from some of its attacks, so don't bother with pyro (unless they are ranged) since you'll likely set yourself on fire while having the dendro aura applied.

Didn't have the time to face the cube, but wouldn't Dendro be a bad idea agaisnt it? Isn't it immune or something or does it have a mechanic that only works with Dendro?

deanote666

Didn't have the time to face the cube, but wouldn't Dendro be a bad idea agaisnt it? Isn't it immune or something or does it have a mechanic that only works with Dendro?
It's immune to dendro I think but the only way to beat it is to use dendro on 3 plants in its weakened state and then use electro on the plants after you use dendro.

BJK

Same here, except my Jean is now C2 after the 50/50.
Saving grace for me: I got QiQi C1 on the same 10-pull as Nahida, so I’m back to guaranteed pity.

I also finally got Gorou during my draws…so he can sit in my teapot to get friendship, since I’m probably never going to use him.

Pejo

So I did part of the archon quest tonight, but I need to call it a night for now since it's pretty long and it's late. Made it up to where you free Kusanali, which isn't the ending surprisingly.

Overall, pretty good story, not as good as the never-ending samsara (so far). The stuff they showed on screen was boring, and all of the exciting stuff was done off screen. At least we finally got to see Nilou do an "amazing" dance - which would have been completely silent since there were no musicians there performing any music. Weird but whatever.

My personal favorite part so far has been when Tighnari gets struck by lightning and is laying on the ground groaning and wincing while Traveler and Dehya are making jokes, laughing, and congratulating each other. I actually laughed for about 5 mins straight during that part. Who says clowns aren't funny.

Dendro cube is.... well, another cube. Same bullshit as the other ones, wait for it to do its lame attacks until it exposes the core then do damage for 3 seconds until it goes invulnerable again. I managed to "kill" it from about 60% HP with Keqing's burst, but it still hard locks that ending phase where you have to use Dendro on the withered seeds. Can't wait to fight this thing 30 more times, truly an enlightening experience.

Still haven't had much of a chance to experiment with Kusanali, but I'm really impressed with her...playability I guess you could call it? She does her job well, and as expected is the de-facto Dendro reaction machine, which is all I wanted. I noticed a few times that her seed things were glitched and not providing any reactions despite the enemies being marked. Wonder if that's a widespread bug or something I was just getting.

I'm currently using my R5 sacrificial book on her since it has really high EM, I wonder if it's worthwhile to R5 my Mappa Mare, which has better passives but considerably lower EM. I'll probably wait until some autist on reddit maths it out.

Last edited:
Well, I don't know exactly what happened, but I have C4 R1 now. Those duplicate 4 stars refunded a ton of wishes and I won all but one 50/50s. I have 50 wishes worth of starglitter left, which I'm saving for Dehya. I'm pretty far into pity still, so I'll spend a bit more and see what I can get. C6 is really close though, it is quite tempting.

crumbs

It does sound counterintuitive, but dendro is basically required for this boss.

deanote666 deanote666 Pretty much explained it. Like most cubes, the dendro version has a final weaken state that requires you to hit 3 "seeds" with dendro to purify them, then hitting them with electro to speed up the purification process. Failing to purify the seeds fast enough will reset the cube's health to around 60%.

I mentioned Tighnari and Kusanali since they would be able to apply dendro quickly to the 3 separate seeds. I haven't tried it with the dendro traveler or Collei so I'm not sure if their bursts' AOE would hit all 3 seeds.

I also said not to bring pyro (unless they are ranged), but apparently there's an achievement for hitting the dendro cube with pyro during one of its attacks. Sounds like a job for everyone's favorite lighter:

Amber GIF

Last edited:

crumbs

Still haven't had much of a chance to experiment with Kusanali, but I'm really impressed with her...playability I guess you could call it? She does her job well, and as expected is the de-facto Dendro reaction machine, which is all I wanted. I noticed a few times that her seed things were glitched and not providing any reactions despite the enemies being marked. Wonder if that's a widespread bug or something I was just getting.

I'm currently using my R5 sacrificial book on her since it has really high EM, I wonder if it's worthwhile to R5 my Mappa Mare, which has better passives but considerably lower EM. I'll probably wait until some autist on reddit maths it out.
I haven't had a chance to experiment either. I plan to start with the Wandering Evenstar from the last weapons banner, but what I'm seeing from other sites:

Mappa Mare - equip if Kusanali is staying on-field to take advantage of the passive, otherwise it has lower EM vs other 4 star options. That said, I think a crit weapon would start to make sense for Kusanali is she's staying on-field for DPS.
Magic Guide - good for off-field, passive is easy to trigger
Sacrificial Fragments - good for EM if you're lacking in EM from artifact substats, but the passive is not as useful since Kusanali has short CDs for both her tap and hold skills.

Fortunately, Kusanali has a bunch of options for FTP weapons.

Last edited:

Pejo

I was just forced to log out and restart the game for another (small) update on PC. Must've been something really important.
Maybe it was the reaction issue I was seeing sometimes with Kusanali. Now I'll never know.

I haven't had a chance to experiment either. I plan to start with the Wandering Evenstar from the last weapons' banner, but what I'm seeing from other sites:

Mappa Mare - equip if Kusanali is staying on-field to take advantage of the passive, otherwise it has lower EM vs other 4 star options. That said, I think a crit weapon would start to make sense for Kusanali is she's staying on flied for DPS.
Magic Guide - good for off-field, passive is easy to trigger
Sacrificial Fragments - good for EM if you're lacking in EM from artifact substats, but the passive is not as useful since Kusanali has short CDs for both her tap and hold skills.

Fortunately, Kusanali has a bunch of options for FTP weapons.
I wonder if there's a ceiling on EM for her. It sounds like you can just go hog wild on that stat. Sure, you'll only give a max of 250 to the rest of the party, but I don't think there's a limit on what it will do for her own reactions.

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
Took all the night, but I end the anchor quest. Good info so far.
About the Eleven Fatui Harbingers, only the third up to the first have more power than a god. So, Piero, Dottore and the third are more powerful than any other god.

Fake

Gold Member
New weapons
z2fgu7p4lix91.jpg

New artifcat:
k7ywe7k5kix91.png

tf6j4hgvxix91.png

The 90 from the blessing today gave me one more ten pull.

And Nahida and Mona both decided to show up. I’ll. Fucking. Take. It. After losing it to Qiqi yesterday, I’m very happy.

You shoud be happy. Mona is a hard one to get, as difficult as to get Dilluc.

Last edited:

crumbs

Maybe it was the reaction issue I was seeing sometimes with Kusanali. Now I'll never know.

I wonder if there's a ceiling on EM for her. It sounds like you can just go hog wild on that stat. Sure, you'll only give a max of 250 to the rest of the party, but I don't think there's a limit on what it will do for her own reactions.

It's probably a similar situation to Kazuha: 900 - 1000 EM being roughly ideal and realistically achievable with EM character ascension stat + EM weapon + 3x Artifact EM main stat.

Anything higher would require more luck with artifact substats

Fake

Gold Member
My Lisa have >1000 EM and is not doing as much I expected with Dendro related reactions.

Kazuha real savior, besides his kit and constelation, are the 4-set anemo piece with is still powerful.

Top Bottom