• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

crumbs

Just found out that if you find all 4 seeds, there's a follow-up to the follow up where he'll give you primos and mora and xp books for the last seed.
Well, back to the desert again.

I can't remember - when they introduced Shogun puppet weekly, were you able to convert the boss materials immediately or did they make you wait? If you can convert, it's no big deal. I have a mountain of wolf and stormterror weekly materials doing nothing right now.
I believe that Dream Solvent only converts boss drops from the same weekly boss, so I don't think you can convert the StormTerror or Boreas drops into Scaramouche mats.

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
hd-the-wanderer-and-faruzan-drip-full-body-v0-ojsaaghl84x91.png
hd-the-wanderer-and-faruzan-drip-full-body-v0-vusxmuvk84x91.jpg

Saber

Faruza has a good design, got me worried that she would be like ultra mega clothed and boring. Lets see how her kit fairs.

Last edited:
Her weapon isn't bad but I think one of best points in this is that there are alot of good options in terms of catalysts. If you guys want my suggestion, I would go for her and save your primos instead of waste on the weapon banner. It left a very bad taste in my mouth.
Yeah, I know it's a trap. I have never once pulled on the weapon banner. I just don't have anything else to pull for in the foreseeable future, and it'd be cool to complete her character with the signature weapon. I've been looking forward to Nahida since 2.1 so this isn't something that just came outta thin air.

But looking at the weapon banner now... I'm not so sure.

6d7ec82f36985fc3d257248058206e97_2853534234346006686.jpg
Not much of interest on there. I was hoping for at least some exclusive 4 star, but no, just old junk. Meh.

As for the new character teasers, Faruzan is cute but she's a dedicated support for the twink element, so I can't even use her. Scara still looks evil despite his factory reset so I don't think that worked out well. They probably figured they should hold keep his iconic design intact. Just means an easy skip for me.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Nahida drops tomorrow, right?

Had a pretty rough week, didn't had that much time to play and follow the latest.

Any news about lord Alhaitham's release? :messenger_beaming:

Fake

Gold Member
Just make sure to not make any BP activity related, like reputation, beating weekly boss, ley line farm, etc...

crumbs

Just make sure to not make any BP activity related, like reputation, beating weekly boss, ley line farm, etc...
Fortunately, this is not true anymore. Since v2.7, if you complete weekly BP missions prior to the version update, they will carry over to the new BP.

This is the text listed on the 2.7 System Adjustments & Optimizations:

1. Optimizes "Weekly Missions" in Battle Pass: for "Weekly Missions" completed in the week of a version update, the progress of that week's "Weekly Missions" will be carried over to the updated version's BP.

Pejo

They actually fixed the weekly ones. You can safely do them and they still count for the new BP. Just the daily ones on Nov 2nd are the ones you have to wait for.

As for the Scara/Faruzan designs, they're both ok. Scara would look so much better with full length pants. Same style even, just the whole way down.

I hope the safety shorts they pick for Faruzan aren't the godawful Yae diaper ones. Still, at least her design is something different. People are saying she's a nod to Hatsune Miku, since Wei is a big fan. Fun fact, that's where the 'mi' in miHoYo came frome.

Hatsune Miku Dance GIF

*edit*

First official info on the upcoming card game:

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
Fortunately, this is not true anymore. Since v2.7, if you complete weekly BP missions prior to the version update, they will carry over to the new BP.

This is the text listed on the 2.7 System Adjustments & Optimizations:

1. Optimizes "Weekly Missions" in Battle Pass: for "Weekly Missions" completed in the week of a version update, the progress of that week's "Weekly Missions" will be carried over to the updated version's BP.

Yeah. I totally forgot about that.

IMO Scaramouche is becoming one of the most OP anemo to date. They really want to hype this shit.

Saber

Actual Scara kit (supposedly).

bdxyqs4lh5x91.png

So it's not that he uses stamina, he uses his own version of stamina which is tied to his skill. End up being true after all, those leakers are something.

About Faruzan, wtf? Her elemental burst costs 20? What sweet honey she is, the more I read the more interest on her I am. I do hope this Gale State acts the same as Yelan modified charged arrow(at least in terms of aoe).

edit:
vkrfrhmmi5x91.png

Last edited:

Pejo

Well wish me luck, I'm going in with a guide to finally find all these stupid Aranara and any Withering Zones I missed. I dunno how you guys play like this, checking back and forth to a second device/display breaks up the gameplay a lot and makes it feel like a chore.

Also - with zero indication, a 12th treasure hunt picture has been added to the Aranara guidebook quest tracker item. Nothing special as the reward, but it's just miraculously there now and it's pointing to a location in the desert.

• Praise the Sun
Reactions: Fuz

crumbs

Well wish me luck, I'm going in with a guide to finally find all these stupid Aranara and any Withering Zones I missed. I dunno how you guys play like this, checking back and forth to a second device/display breaks up the gameplay a lot and makes it feel like a chore.

Also - with zero indication, a 12th treasure hunt picture has been added to the Aranara guidebook quest tracker item. Nothing special as the reward, but it's just miraculously there now and it's pointing to a location in the desert.
Agreed on using the interactive map during gameplay, but it does come in handy when attempting to track down the last few things. I still need to find the rest of the Aranara, but I'm a bit burnt out from finishing up all the desert stuff, so I'll just deal with them down the road.

Is there a way to know how many Withering zones you cleared? I don't think there's an achievement yet, but they could be adding more withering zones to the unreleased Sumeru regions.

Edit: I think there's 13 pics available in the clipboard, the last 3 available are in the desert portion of the map. You have to interact with the mailbox in Vanarana each day to get a new one, it doesn't give you the 3 desert pics at one time.

Last edited:

Saber

Its fucking terrible. I simply quit doing the primordial towers, who the ever finds fun in this is beyond me. For me basically the exploration of the desert is dead. I just go walking here and there for fun pretending that the underground don't exist(it shouldn't exist). Also, once again set my comissions to Monstad. Lack of proper waypoint to walk through certain comission places(desert areas) and areas infested with enemies that joins my fights everytime ruins the whole thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fuz

Fuz

Banned
Agreed on using the interactive map during gameplay, but it does come in handy when attempting to track down the last few things.
Problem is, if you don't mark down what you have found already it will only make things more confusing.

Edit: I think there's 13 pics available in the clipboard, the last 3 available are in the desert portion of the map. You have to interact with the mailbox in Vanarana each day to get a new one, it doesn't give you the 3 desert pics at one time.
Thanks for the tip.

Last edited:

Pejo

crumbs crumbs

Ok that was weird, I talked to him again today, got more primos and xp books, and this time he gave me furniture:
dEOFpI1.jpg

I thought it was the extra seed I had in my inventory, but apparently there's just 3 daily turn ins of that quest for each seed that you plant? I don't know how else it would work. I planted all 3 at once and then talked to him 3 separate days. Turns out I still have the extra seed in my inventory.

Fuz

Banned
Also, once again set my comissions to Monstad. Lack of proper waypoint to walk through certain comission places(desert areas) and areas infested with enemies that joins my fights everytime ruins the whole thing.
I just need one last Garcia Paella... fuck those desert commissions and the boring mushroom jump/jellyfish following

crumbs

crumbs crumbs

Ok that was weird, I talked to him again today, got more primos and xp books, and this time he gave me furniture:
dEOFpI1.jpg

I thought it was the extra seed I had in my inventory, but apparently there's just 3 daily turn ins of that quest for each seed that you plant? I don't know how else it would work. I planted all 3 at once and then talked to him 3 separate days. Turns out I still have the extra seed in my inventory.

It can seem like a bug, but I think the repetitive dialog options are trying to show that the old guy's mind is fading out. I talked to him 3 times in a row on the same day that the new set of Golden Roses bloomed. The first 2 times the dialog is slightly different, but you get the rewards. The 3rd time is when you get the teapot item as a reward.

Full disclosure: I knew to talk to him 3 times due to the wikia entry on the Golden Roses, I did not figure that out on my own :messenger_grinning_sweat:

crumbs

Problem is, if you don't mark down what you have found already it will only make things more confusing.
Yeah, there's definitely a trade off when not marking them as you go.

I just need one last Garcia Paella... fuck those desert commissions and the boring mushroom jump/jellyfish following

I haven't even had one Garcia commission yet and it's been 8+ weeks. :messenger_neutral:

That said, I was pretty excited to finish the Hook-shot fisherman commission series last week. Completing rare RNG commission series feel like the most precious thing in the game.

Nankatsu

Gold Member

Only area I did something like this was for Mondstadt. Since then I slacked on all areas :messenger_tears_of_joy:

deanote666

I can't remember - when they introduced Shogun puppet weekly, were you able to convert the boss materials immediately or did they make you wait? If you can convert, it's no big deal. I have a mountain of wolf and stormterror weekly materials doing nothing right now.
I think it was introduced when the Signora weekly went live. There's no delay to convert but you won't have anything to convert at first.

As for the Scara/Faruzan designs, they're both ok. Scara would look so much better with full length pants. Same style even, just the whole way down.
5Ifnh35.png

I play mobile and have a laptop so it isn't too bad. Just check it off while you're teleporting to the next location.

Pejo

Man, was that so hard to give them Kenshin pants? Those fuckers want to be original at any cost.
Yea without the shorts, Scara's design would be borderline good. But no, has to be shorts.

Anyways, all this time since I started, and I found 2 Aranara that I was missing. This is painful.

https://game8.co/games/Genshin-Impact/archives/387778

Is the guide I'm using, btw.

At least one of these led me into finishing another hidden quest I didn't even know about - taking the little runaway girl to the Sweet Flower garden.

Fake

Gold Member
I mean he's fine and unique, but at first design wise i excepted some kind of Kuchiki Byakyuya with blue hear.

IMO he don't fit so well if you read the description others char inside the game gave to him before he launch.

He for me was the most let down of all 5*. Yoimiya at least have a better design to talk about.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
I mean he's fine and unique, but at first design wise i excepted some kind of Kuchiki Byakyuya with blue hear.
Instead we got a Black Butler, minus the black. Don't ask me why, but his design reminds me of a butler.

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
〓Adjustments & Optimizations〓
● Enemies
1. Reduces the damage inflicted when the boss "Pyro Hypostasis" is in a Burning state and unleashes blazing punches or serpentine fireballs to hit the character continuously.

● System
1. Optimizes the Anti-Aliasing function on PC, PS4, and PS5.
2. After optimizing the Anti-Aliasing function, it will be possible to choose between "None" or "FSR 2" in Settings > Graphics on PC.

● Audio
1. Optimizes the sound performance of knocking down opponents and critical hits.
2. Optimizes the sound effects of some items and objects.
3. Optimizes the Japanese, Korean, and English voice-over for certain characters, NPCs, and quests.
4. Optimizes the Korean and English voice-over related to certain items.
5. Decreases the volume of Yae Miko's footstep sound effects when walking, running, and sprinting.

● Other
1. Rana, Jeht, Jebrael, and Habachi are now correctly affected by elemental effects.
2. Updates the materials that can be added to the Parametric Transformer: added some harvestable items and some items dropped by enemies.
3. Adjusts the ore types at certain locations in the Sumeru area: some Magical Crystal Ore will be adjusted to Crystal Ore.
4. Adjusts the visual effects display of Dendro Elemental Reactions to reduce the load on system performance (including Dendro Infusion, Bloom, Hyperbloom, Burgeon, Quicken, Aggravate, and Spread).

SSfox

So from what i understand they're adding the Sumeru teapot? Bro they barely talked about while it's pretty big add on imo, weird.

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
So from i understand they're adding the Sumeru teapot? Bro they barely talked about while it's pretty big add on imo, weird.

Can't say if this patch already have or not the new teapot. The transference is the big deal for me.

I was expecting something like a city near to Sumeru city with elf alike houses, but the Sumeru teapot is like a growed magic bean.

Yea without the shorts, Scara's design would be borderline good. But no, has to be shorts.

Anyways, all this time since I started, and I found 2 Aranara that I was missing. This is painful.

https://game8.co/games/Genshin-Impact/archives/387778

Is the guide I'm using, btw.

At least one of these led me into finishing another hidden quest I didn't even know about - taking the little runaway girl to the Sweet Flower garden.

Why don't you use the official interactive map? Just select whatever you are tracking.

Saber

Yea, this one is pretty weak. They have access to all the game data and they gave us some boring stats this time.

Information/data without someone who can interpret or make good use of them means nothing.
For instance, someone could sell 100 pies in a day and think their pies are good when in reality the best pie maker in the same street is closed for renovation in a month.

Pejo

Information/data without someone who can interpret or make good use of them means nothing.
For instance, someone could sell 100 pies in a day and think their pies are good when in reality the best pie maker in the same street is closed for renovation in a month.
MmmmMMmmmMMm Pie.

This gave me a good laugh. Censor the bellybutton and see what happens MHY.

48ctxJq.jpg

hanna barbera lol GIF

The only worse performing banner was Keqing.

Part of me hopes that it was because of her pre-censored dancer design and restrictive kit so that it sends a message to MHY, but the reality is she probably just got Yoimiya'd where she's the last banner before the next highly anticipated archon releases.

Saber

I think yeah the censor was a big part of it. But she also has other problems , like being very strict and centered around Dendro.
I expect Denhya to be the same way, but focused on burning. Difference is that pyro is naturally a better element overall.

Last edited:

Pejo

I think yeah the censor was a big part of it. But she also has other problems , like being very strict and centered around Dendro.
I expect Denhya but the same way, but focused on burning. Difference is that pyro is naturally a better element overall.
Did you miss the Dehya leaks a week or so ago? She sounds fun and while we don't know her passives, it doesn't sound like she's gonna be burning/burgeon focused.

Saber

Did you miss the Dehya leaks a week or so ago? She sounds fun and while we don't know her passives, it doesn't sound like she's gonna be burning/burgeon focused.

Isn't possible to be a talent effect? I still expect her to be that way because they don't look like gonna gonna quit pushing Dendro reactions that soon.

Top Bottom