• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Saber

Don't recommend doing Nahida quest. Alot of boredom dialogues that never ends with the purpose of you understand how wise she is. Tiring as fuck.

Pejo

How? I was behind you 1 week but I'm still not at 9.
60% exploration, all but 2 Sumeru quests done (at least the ones tracked at the NPC). Don't forget, that meant I got access to bounties and rep quests a week ahead of you too, which has a multiplicative amount of rep.
Don't recommend doing Nahida quest. Alot of boredom dialogues that never ends with the purpose of you understand how wise she is. Tiring as fuck.
This is a bummer to read. I was planning on doing that later tonight. Why have the character quests been so bad lately? Ayaka's for as stupid as the wet sock dance was, was at least entertaining. Actually, Tiggy's wasn't bad either.
Any reason for her to have a mouse pointer?
Did you do the archon quest yet? I don't want to spoil something if you haven't.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Fuz

Saber

This is a bummer to read. I was planning on doing that later tonight. Why have the character quests been so bad lately? Ayaka's for as stupid as the wet sock dance was, was at least entertaining. Actually, Tiggy's wasn't bad either.

It actually start being interesting.
People finally started dreaming(lol I even forgot about that).
Then later it becames too deep, too dark and Nahida giving lectures, wise comments and life lessons. Theres a part I was about to quit.
Totally agree with Tighnary, for me it was rather an enjoyable quest.

Last edited:

crumbs

Started the Archon quest tonight and was making progress, but apparently I can't advance it until I start & finish Nilou's story quest :messenger_expressionless: I've been putting it off since it sounded boring.

Pejo

ui4dubovukx91.png

boom smile GIF

SSfox

I was 20 pity and got Nahida after 1 multi. After losing 50/50 three time in a row that's quite neat.

BTW pretty weird that Scara gameplay still didn't leak!! Did mihoyo buffed their security maybe?

"And soon, you'll also begin your journey anew, and depart from Sumeru."

Yeah, about that...

The archon quest was decent, but pretty long. Again it was mostly just talking. At some point it felt like I was watching Return of the King, with multiple endings to the story that just won't stop coming. I was baffled when Kusanali didn't give away one, but both Gnoses. At this point it's just a meme. Just ship that shit directly to Snezhnaya, save us the trouble. I was also confused when she started talking about the Hydro archon like she knew her. Actually, I'm not sure how Yae knew anything about Nahida either. She was thrown in prison immediately and stayed there for 500 years. Could they still communicate? The other archons just don't give a fuck about her situation? Guess I'll have to read her profile to find out.

crumbs

Hard to get a feel for Scara's skill without seeing it absorbing other elements. Big plus for exploration, as expected.

Faruzan's burst could be interesting, but it doesn't seem to absorb other elements. I guess that would make it too OP if it went around spreading the absorbed element.

Saber

Hard to get a feel for Scara's skill without seeing it absorbing other elements. Big plus for exploration, as expected.

Faruzan's burst could be interesting, but it doesn't seem to absorb other elements. I guess that would make it too OP if it went around spreading the absorbed element.

I think they really want you to believe shes an anemo buffer. I'm not sure how this is gonna work out though...never saw an anemo doing that. Hope this doesn't affect her team comp and gameplay.

crumbs

I think they really want you to believe shes an anemo buffer. I'm not sure how this is gonna work out though...never saw an anemo doing that. Hope this doesn't affect her team comp and gameplay.
I think you're correct. I'm reading through her kit now on Honey Impact and her burst acts as a 40% anemo resistance debuff on enemies. GI doesn't have a lot of anemo damage DPS characters, so it's not surprising to see her released with Scaramouche.

Pejo

He seems a one trick poney animation wise.

Really good for exploration thought.

Man, I wasn't even sold on him for exploration until I saw that he can drift directly up, which would be huge for some climbing. Unlike Kaz though, it doesn't seem like he can initiate his skill while already off of the ground, so it might not be that good after all.

I dislike his outfit, dislike him as a character, and his burst animation is hilariously stupid with those twiggy legs and stupid shorts, so exploration/fun gameplay would be all that I'd pull him for. If he can't initiate his skill while already in the air, I think this might be a skip for me, despite his obvious hype bait. Definitely rolling for that catalyst though, that thing is bonkers for any future on-field dps.

Faruzan looks boring and is another custom tailored 4* buffer like Gorou:Itto and Sara:Shogun. I'll probably skip rolling in 3.3 entirely, again, unless you can initiate all directions of Scara's air dash while already in the air.

Fake

Gold Member
Faruzan don't have infusion? Is she like Xiao limited to just swirl?

Maybe explain the heavy anemo support.

Pejo

Wow, so that's really something.

After you finish the archon quest and Rukka is "forgotten", a ton of stuff changes in the game.

• Character voice lines that once talked about Rukka are either straight up gone or changed
  • Books in the archive that talked about Rukka are changed
  • Aranara questline is pretty massively different
I hope somebody does a video showcasing everything that changes. That's really cool and high effort stuff on MHY's behalf, I'm impressed.

crumbs

I think part of the problem is anemo being the main damage source. Anemo as a swirl-based elemental buffer is interesting and allows lots of different team comps. DPS that are based on anemo damage, like XIao, are much more restrictive in team building. Not surprised they are releasing an anemo DMG buffer along with Scaramouche.

How cool would it have been had Scara's skill allowed him to absorb other elements, but instead of different buffs, it would change his wind blades to that element? Probably too OP in the context of GI's elemental reaction system, but it would have been more interesting than anemo DMG.

Pejo

How cool would it have been had Scara's skill allowed him to absorb other elements, but instead of different buffs, it would change his wind blades to that element? Probably too OP in the context of GI's elemental reaction system, but it would have been more interesting than anemo DMG.
Well that would also suck for a lot of encounters too, since if you're fighting a pyro slime, you would almost always absorb Pyro making him completely immune to your damage. The only way I would want a kit like that is if you could easily control which element you succ during a battle as a player.

crumbs

Well that would also suck for a lot of encounters too, since if you're fighting a pyro slime, you would almost always absorb Pyro making him completely immune to your damage. The only way I would want a kit like that is if you could easily control which element you succ during a battle as a player.
This is true, it wouldn't work well with elemental enemies and some elemental shielded enemies. Plus the game always prioritizes pyro when competing element are potentially swirled, so that would get boring fast.

I was inspired by a little game I play with Kazuha where I try to kill enemies without physically attacking them, instead trying to swirl either environmental elements (campfires, torches, streams, etc) or their own elemental attacks (treasure hoarders, eremites, etc) back at them. Unfortunately, this would probably be too tricky to incorporate in to a character's kit.

Pejo

This is true, it wouldn't work well with elemental enemies and some elemental shielded enemies. Plus the game always prioritizes pyro when competing element are potentially swirled, so that would get boring fast.

I was inspired by a little game I play with Kazuha where I try to kill enemies without physically attacking them, instead trying to swirl either environmental elements (campfires, torches, streams, etc) or their own elemental attacks (treasure hoarders, eremites, etc) back at them. Unfortunately, this would probably be too tricky to incorporate in to a character's kit.
You're also forgetting that this is your average Genshin player when it comes to playing the game:
stupid-retarded.gif

I just hope the new stance changing mechanics become more pervasive. I like pressing buttons and figuring out where and when to use a different stance and that type of thing. I prefer active gameplay like that opposed to "press Bennett, press Burst, see big number"

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Man, I wasn't even sold on him for exploration until I saw that he can drift directly up, which would be huge for some climbing. Unlike Kaz though, it doesn't seem like he can initiate his skill while already off of the ground, so it might not be that good after all.

I dislike his outfit, dislike him as a character, and his burst animation is hilariously stupid with those twiggy legs and stupid shorts, so exploration/fun gameplay would be all that I'd pull him for. If he can't initiate his skill while already in the air, I think this might be a skip for me, despite his obvious hype bait. Definitely rolling for that catalyst though, that thing is bonkers for any future on-field dps.

Faruzan looks boring and is another custom tailored 4* buffer like Gorou:Itto and Sara:Shogun. I'll probably skip rolling in 3.3 entirely, again, unless you can initiate all directions of Scara's air dash while already in the air.

Exactly how I feel too about Scaradouche. When he first appear I thought he could be an interesting character down the road, but everything they did with his character is exactly the opposite of how cool he could have been.

Plus, when he is mid-air his attacks have auto homing?

Last edited:

Saber

From what I read in Faruzan kit for instance, seems like her support buffs doesn't mention her not being affected(the usual character exclusion clause). So even if you don't put any Anemo on your team, all her kit still works for her, in a similar way Shenhe skill buff includes her.
I intend to make her a damage dealer and gonna try to pick at least 2 cons at minimum.

Last edited:

Pejo

Does anyone know if staff of homa is getting rerun anytime soon? I really want it
It's one of the sought after weapons, so I doubt they'd put it as a "losing" 5* on a new 5* weapon banner, so probably won't see it until Hu Tao reruns, maybe during lantern rite.

Saber

Faruzan idle is boring, but its not like this ever bothers me. I'm here mostly for hot chicks and good/interesting kits.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Anyone else having memory leak problems since Sumeru? Never happened to me before it.

Anyway, I've been doing the new archon quest and... it's quite good? Like, really good. Good plot, good execution and they don't even talk too much AND Paimon keeps her stupid mouth shut more than usual. It actually sucked me in and I would have completed it yesterday if I haven't fallen asleep on my keyboard and woke up at 5AM then went to bed as usual I need my new weekly boss quick.

One thing I don't get, though: why is Scaraminchia inside Haypathya? I might have missed the cause.

Pejo

One thing I don't get, though: why is Scaraminchia inside Haypathya? I might have missed the cause.
When she was smoking the Sumeru reefer in that cave, she actually managed to land in Scara's consciousness somehow, wasn't really explicitly explained how, but after seeing him and his past, she assumed that he was divine, along with some madness seeping into her head from the experience. Scara latched on to her at that point, but it hasn't sufficiently been explained how it works. Assumingly it's only something he could do from being a partially complete "god" at that point, I don't think it's something any puppet or fatui can just do.

• Thoughtful

Fake

Gold Member
The anchor quest is really good, just the boss fight was a mix bag for me.

And make me hyped for the final new characters like Deyha and Alhaitam.

Dregnel

When she was smoking the Sumeru reefer in that cave, she actually managed to land in Scara's consciousness somehow, wasn't really explicitly explained how, but after seeing him and his past, she assumed that he was divine, along with some madness seeping into her head from the experience. Scara latched on to her at that point, but it hasn't sufficiently been explained how it works. Assumingly it's only something he could do from being a partially complete "god" at that point, I don't think it's something any puppet or fatui can just do.
this little brat gets just one fan and he already feels like he's jesus walking between his 12 apostles and his believers.
in the end he was defeated by 4* and a little girl :messenger_tears_of_joy:.

D6zqa3O.jpg

Fake

Gold Member
Cyno use his elemental burst on Grand Sage, but them Grand Sage transform into a Electro Slime and became immune to electro.

ogb7nsrw6mx91.png

Curious about the Karakasa sword weapon. Gonna give two swords for Alhaitham already.

Pejo

Cyno use his elemental burst on Grand Sage, but them Grand Sage transform into a Electro Slime and became immune to electro.

ogb7nsrw6mx91.png

Curious about the Karakasa sword weapon. Gonna give two swords for Alhaitham already.
I like that passive, pretty cool, and implies future weapons in the same group. Unless they just want you to do co-op with a bunch of sword characters only.

Top Bottom