• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

It's a bit hilarious how shit FSR actually is when put to the test. AMD can't stop taking L's on copying Nvidia technology except worse.

After the whole community raged about it, Oyohim quickly backed that one up quick. SMAA is coming back soon LOL

SSfox

Cyno use his elemental burst on Grand Sage, but them Grand Sage transform into a Electro Slime and became immune to electro.

ogb7nsrw6mx91.png

Curious about the Karakasa sword weapon. Gonna give two swords for Alhaitham already.
I may put it on Kazuho.

Last edited:

crumbs

It's a bit hilarious how shit FSR actually is when put to the test. AMD can't stop taking L's on copying Nvidia technology except worse.

After the whole community raged about it, Oyohim quickly backed that one up quick. SMAA is coming back soon LOL
I wonder how long it will take to restore it.

Their FSR implementation looks like a Reshade sharpening filter. People were bitching about FSR all through the 3.2 beta, so I don't understand why they didn't just leave SMAA as an option, would have saved them a lot of complaints. I think PC gamers can handle having multiple AA options.

Dregnel

I'm still testing nahida and I've noticed that her E ( Tri-karma ) works with any elemental reactions.

If you use ice and then use wind when the enemies are linked that elemental reaction will activate the Tri-Karma and you will deal extra damage as well.

It's like a universal support although it works better with dendro, water and electro.

if you link slimes with different elements they kill themselves.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Fuz

Pejo

I'm still testing nahida and I've noticed that her E ( Tri-karma ) works with any elemental reactions.

If you use ice and then use wind when the enemies are linked that elemental reaction will activate the Tri-Karma and you will deal extra damage as well.

It's like a universal support although it works better with dendro, water and electro.

if you link slimes with different elements they kill themselves.
I can't get over her damage with low investment. Literally just smash EM on her as high as you can get and she just off-field destroys everything. I read all the way up to 1400~ EM is still worthwhile for her as it will do 100%+ more damage than 1K (that meta youtubers are stopping at for crit/etc. Diminishing returns are a thing, but an extra 120% damage for ~400 easy to get stats seems like a steal. I might use 2/2 Wanderer's Troupe/Golden Dream just for the 160EM.

I haven't seen her seeds not cause a reaction since that emergency download a few days ago, so they must have fixed it quick. Really happy with her overall.

Their FSR implementation looks like a Reshade sharpening filter. People were bitching about FSR all through the 3.2 beta, so I don't understand why they didn't just leave SMAA as an option, would have saved them a lot of complaints. I think PC gamers can handle having multiple AA options.
Yea I have no idea why they'd take SMAA away to begin with. I haven't had any issues with FSR like some have had, but if it ain't broke...

iOS got a Hoyolab widget (exclusive) the other day, that shows you quick facts like your current resin amount and some other stuff. Apparently Apple paid for it stay exclusive though, just like controller support? No sign of it on Android.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
The Balladeer boss battle sure feels unique, but what a miss opportunity by not letting us control the mini turret, similar to what Nier Automata does.

The second stage plays incredibly in auto-pilot because of that.

Saber

Since I don't remember the last time I played multiplayer, I tried coop on Scaramounche boss fight just to see if people are good with dealing with him. But it ended in such a cathastrophic way. Everybody except me died, then quits.
I guess the way they push coop is so terrible that I don't think people were expecting to face him.
I test the same thing but with Shogun boss this time. Most of the people simply ragequited, because they didn't want to battle her. And they still keep asking why people don't usually go cooperative in battles. Battling single is the way to go.

Fuz

Banned
Done with the Archon quest.

Excellent. Mihoyo really knocked it out of the park. fuck them for saving money with Rukkadhevata model toh
A bit ridiculous how Dottore just shut off the Traveler whenever and with no effort and how forced the transactions were. But I can begrudgingly close an eye, this time.

Still don't get why the mouse pointer Pejo Pejo what did I miss? Was it because she call herself a terminal? Because if so, it feels really forced.

Scara's fight mostly consists of dodging huge AoE attacks that deal massive damage. Of course it wouldn't work in co-op. I can appreciate that they're trying some different things to keep the fights fresh, but Scara is about on the same level as the cubes to me, and one of the worst fights alongside Stormterror.

deanote666

Done with the Archon quest.

Excellent. Mihoyo really knocked it out of the park. fuck them for saving money with Rukkadhevata model toh
A bit ridiculous how Dottore just shut off the Traveler whenever and with no effort and how forced the transactions were. But I can begrudgingly close an eye, this time.

Still don't get why the mouse pointer Pejo Pejo what did I miss? Was it because she call herself a terminal? Because if so, it feels really forced.
I just associate it with the whole Akasha/augmented reality thing.

deanote666

Just finished it. Right in the feels, man...

For the new weekly, did they just choose a random location?

For the first phase, what is the point of the elements in the floor? I can understand the anemo creating the wind current to dodge some attacks but what about the other ones?

Last edited:

deanote666

Another lame web event forcing you to interact with the community.

I guess one of the potential prizes is an avatar frame (either duration or permanent depending on luck)?

Last edited:

crumbs

Just finished it. Right in the feels, man...

For the new weekly, did they just choose a random location?

For the first phase, what is the point of the elements in the floor? I can understand the anemo creating the wind current to dodge some attacks but what about the other ones?
If you activate the electro ones, they will each disable one of his arms. Doing both, so that both arms are disabled at the same time, unlocked an achievement.

The pyro one cleared the cryo element from the floor after he does his cryo attack.

I didn't get a chance to test the others.

Fake

Gold Member

Partnership is a complicated thing, so I can only assume AMD is paying MYH to force this shit.

Fuz

Banned
Anyone else got a bugged travelling birb in the teapot? I can't interact with mine.

I need another long maintenace, loved the free coins.

Btw, Nahida's loot range sucks ass.

Last edited:
It feels inconsistent to me. Sometimes I'm able to grab stuff from a surprisingly long distance. Other times it won't grab the simplest thing. Not sure what that's about. It's still the best overworld ability by a mile though. It's so satisfying to scan coconuts and enemies at the same time. That interactivity is really fun.

I got my first two Kukis from my pulls (really lucky there, she works great with Nahida and leaves Kokomi for my freeze team) and by ascending her and Nahida I was able to get Jean on the standard banner! The gang is all here now. Feels good man.

Pejo

I don't have any issue with the range. It allows me to collect those cliff flowers from the ground, stuff in trees, stuff that grows on houses etc. I don't need it to pick up shit on the ground, just the annoying stuff. I still wish she had an alternate dash though since gremlin running speed sucks.

crumbs

Partnership is a complicated thing, so I can only assume AMD is paying MYH to force this shit.
I hope AMD didn't pay for this implementation of FSR. It's not exactly making a good case for the technology.

You have to wonder just how much money they need with moves like that and iOS exclusive features.
Meanwhile, it doesn't sound like most iOS devices can even handle the 120fps mode well. So PC users, which have the best chance to run GI at it's highest settings and framerate, get locked out of graphical features. Hope the money was worth it.

Is there any youtuber/channel which just gives good builds for characters without wasting time with lot of blah blah? I hate seeing X C0 IS BROKEN, X CHANGES EVERYTHING, X IS BROKEN videos with huge numbers pasted all over the thumbnail and having to listen to all their crap and not even get a good build idea by the end.

Fake

Gold Member
Is there any youtuber/channel which just gives good builds for characters without wasting time with lot of blah blah?

Impossible. GI fanboys are annoying as shit. I recommend find those builds writing into some site, like some guides.

Or here if you're looking for someone using your character.

Saber

Anyone else got a bugged travelling birb in the teapot? I can't interact with mine.

That crane from Sumeru is still bugged on teapot.
Not that I care, not my job. They should complain with their loyal beta testers. They won't get a single bug report to me.

Pejo

And the shockwave dealing true damage.
I get it, there's that and Benny/Zhongli :pie_eyeroll:, but holy shit. That's up to 90k passive reactions happening every 2 seconds.

I get that Kusanali is an archon, and should be suitably strong, but to release something like THAT right after Nilou who is ultra limited and ultra niche, and then to have characters like Shenhe and Itto in the game who can't do a 3rd of that damage, and they have to really work for it.

I never want to hear MHY talk about character balance ever again. That's just crazy to me.

*edit*

To put it another way, it'd actually be a DPS loss to use Shogun's burst in that setup because everything would already be dead from Kusanali's reactions.

Last edited:

Saber

Man, Dainslief really looks like a 1.0 character, now that you can see his full model on display. Wonder if he'll get a makeover.

My worry is about a "potential leaker" that posted on twitter that Dainslief would be "slayed". It's actually a play with the words Dain+slayed. I hope not, but if ends up being true I theorized that maybe they went that way either because of his curse or that Traveler needs an impulse to face his sister(I even study the possibility of his sister doing this).

Pejo

My worry is about a "potential leaker" that posted on twitter that Dainslief would be "slayed". It's actually a play with the words Dain+slayed. I hope not, but if ends up being true I theorized that maybe they went that way either because of his curse or that Traveler needs an impulse to face his sister(I even study the possibility of his sister doing this).
Dainslief actually means "Dead Legacy" in Norse, so that leaker's probably full of shit. It's a nod to being from Khanrei'ah, which is now a dead/destroyed nation. I am all but certain that Dainslief isn't his real name and he is The guy from the BP cinematic.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Almost finished with the Archon quest and...

Lol, Genshin completely went Kingdom Hearts route. The Doctor is legit Xehanort and by the looks of it Fatui are basically gathering Gnosis to open a door to a new dimension, which completely reminds of the 7 princesses of hearts to unlock Kingdom Hearts.

Last edited:

Pejo

Almost finished with the Archon quest and...

Lol, Genshin completely went Kingdom Hearts route. The Doctor is legit Xehanort and by the looks of it Fatui are basically gathering Gnosis to open a door to a new dimension, which completely reminds of the 7 princesses of hearts to unlock Kingdom Hearts.
Better not be. I don't think there's another human other than Nomura that could write such a dogshit story.

Pejo

Icons from upcoming TCG. Not sure what these are used for in the game exactly.

nmi3tsq0n0y91.jpg

Also

tnwol3l2p0y91.png

There you go Fuz Fuz - the whole thing's optional.

Last edited:

crumbs

Started the Archon quest tonight and was making progress, but apparently I can't advance it until I start & finish Nilou's story quest :messenger_expressionless: I've been putting it off since it sounded boring.
Following up on this issue with competing/overlapping quests:

It was a real mistake not starting & completing Nilou's quest before proceeding with the v3.2 portion of the Archon quest. I was forced to switch back & forth between the two quests as I completed certain parts of each. This led to a disjointed narrative experience and it wasn't always clear why one quest would take priority over the other. It also irritating that while I had unlocked Nilou's story quest, I actually never "started" it (meaning the quest namecard being displayed).

In a scenario like this, it would be a helpful to have the in-game option to set a quest as the "priority" quest and allow you to finish it without interference from other side quests.

Fuz

Banned

It was a real mistake not starting & completing Nilou's quest before proceeding with the v3.2 portion of the Archon quest. I was forced to switch back & forth between the two quests as I completed certain parts of each. This led to a disjointed narrative experience and it wasn't always clear why one quest would take priority over the other. It also irritating that while I had unlocked Nilou's story quest, I actually never "started" it (meaning the quest namecard being displayed).

In a scenario like this, it would be a helpful to have the in-game option to set a quest as the "priority" quest and allow you to finish it without interference from other side quests.
This is stupidly convoluted and it's one of those "WHY MIHOYO, WHY?" things.

Saber

They shouldn't do this stupidity at first place.
Like, what? You telling me Nilou can procede with the main quest because of her own quest? As if shes like "no no no, I'm busy at the momment".
People should able to proceed their quests the way they want. The momment they created that retarded pre-requisites I already knew they want to force people to do quests they don't like. Worst thing this overlap also includes comissions.

Nankatsu

Gold Member

Imagine my face when I wanted to finish the archon quest and it says I have like 4 other quests to complete before being able to do it.

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

Last edited:

Pejo

Not sure why you tagged me, I really like the idea of it. I wish I could uninstall abyss instead. And Paimon.
(Stupidest name possible, toh. I'm sure it's an afterthought)
My bad, I remember someone in the thread saying that they wanted to skip it entirely, dunno why I thought it was you.
This is just another proof for my "the writers have a huge ego and think too much of themselves" theory.
I dunno, I have respect that they care enough about their own lore to want to make sure you have bits and pieces of knowledge from other quests. Especiailly for what happens in this particular archon quest, knowing more about the lore of Sumeru and its gods really has an impact on the ending. At least they actually care about the story they're telling instead of like 90% of devs out there these days.

The stupid thing is letting you start the archon quest at all if you have to have Nilou's done for lore related reasons. They should just force it as a pre-req like normal and not have you bounce back and forth to complete them both. That's extra work and stupid.

Top Bottom