• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Fake

Gold Member
It could, but i'm not giving him that in case i play him w Nahida.

Nahida or not, infusion would be perfect for him. Can't say yet if he will be 'elemental reaction' focused, but if he is a dendro dps like the fox boy, increase 20% dendro damage and reduce dendro res of foes with dendro infusion make a lot of sense.

Still, there is another 2 new artifact sets.

Fuz

Banned
While I usually prefer overworld events, the new event is, possibily, the best one we've ever had, and it cements my idea that this game could be a big theme park/container for diverse type of games.

Pejo

While I usually prefer overworld events, the new event is, possibily, the best one we've ever had, and it cements my idea that this game could be a big theme park/container for diverse type of games.
Yea, I could see Genshin as CN Fortnite or something like that. I hope it doesn't become that entirely, but the possibilities are endless.

Honkai Impact just had one of their best side-events ever as far as I'm concerned, which was a Fall Guys ripoff essentially, but done really well, and it was really fun.

SSfox

Kuki is so Fucking Broken with Nahida OMG, she's not even leveled with lvl 70 + LV8 Artefacts and she's already deleting ennemies

Kinda pog, liked since begining but was worrying she could be too weak, seems like it's quite opposite. Definitely planning on building her properly.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Pejo Pejo
Got Saki with 5 pulls... I already had 30, so full pity but I won 50/50. Actually thinking of going A1. Seems quite good, it matches if not surpasses my other good weapons even with shit matrices and the weapon not leveled to the max fuck money in this game.
I regret not having pulled for Frigg. They'd be a powerhouse.

Last edited:

Pejo

Pejo Pejo
Got Saki with 5 pulls... I already had 30, so full pity but I won 50/50. Actually thinking of going A1. Seems quite good, it matches if not surpasses my other good weapons even with shit matrices and the weapon not leveled to the max fuck money in this game.
I regret not having pulled for Frigg. They'd be a powerhouse.
I tried her out in the trial before rolling and was extremely unimpressed with her, but hype got the best of me and I had 125~ red nucleus saved up, so I rolled and got her on pity. Turns out that along with Frigg and my Cocoritter, she single handedly doubled my overall damage. It can't be overstated how well she works with Frigg. Fast charge, good shatter, TONs of extra damage, and makes Frigg even more fun to play somehow. I went back and rolled until I had enough Black Gold to get her to A1, so I'm super happy with her now. I'm really glad that I rolled anyways, because that trial made her feel like shit to play and wasn't indicative of her actual usefulness at all.

I'm running Balance configuration with Saki(tank)/Frigg(DPS)/Coco(heals) and I haven't not MVP'd a multiplayer mode since, and Saki's weapon is only level 90 with Barbarossa's 3pc matrices at level 1. Insane boost to Frost damage. So much so, that I wonder if it's a bug. Since you know, ToF has a bug or two.

Now the tough part to decide if I want to risk my black crystals on the matrix banner for her. the 2 and 4pc both are really good for Frost teams. Normally I would never EVER roll that, but....

• Praise the Sun
Reactions: Fuz

Fuz

Banned
I tried her out in the trial before rolling and was extremely unimpressed with her, but hype got the best of me and I had 125~ red nucleus saved up, so I rolled and got her on pity. Turns out that along with Frigg and my Cocoritter, she single handedly doubled my overall damage. It can't be overstated how well she works with Frigg. Fast charge, good shatter, TONs of extra damage, and makes Frigg even more fun to play somehow. I went back and rolled until I had enough Black Gold to get her to A1, so I'm super happy with her now. I'm really glad that I rolled anyways, because that trial made her feel like shit to play and wasn't indicative of her actual usefulness at all.

I'm running Balance configuration with Saki(tank)/Frigg(DPS)/Coco(heals) and I haven't not MVP'd a multiplayer mode since, and Saki's weapon is only level 90 with Barbarossa's 3pc matrices at level 1. Insane boost to Frost damage. So much so, that I wonder if it's a bug. Since you know, ToF has a bug or two.

Now the tough part to decide if I want to risk my black crystals on the matrix banner for her. the 2 and 4pc both are really good for Frost teams. Normally I would never EVER roll that, but....
If you're already doing that much damage I wonder what improvement you'll get with Lin - if you're rolling for her ofc.

I'm really torn into saving - use my 50 flame gold to buy a matrix and roll another matrix - getting her at A1. Man, I can't make up my mind.

I have no idea how her tanking works, by the way
2Rce3.gif
actually, I have no idea how most characters' mechanics work, the game never gives decent explanations on anything - I just UNGA BUNGA everything.

Last edited:

Pejo

If you're already doing that much damage I wonder what improvement you'll get with Lin - if you're rolling for her ofc.

I'm really torn into saving - use my 50 flame gold to buy a matrix and roll another matrix - getting her at A1. Man, I can't make up my mind.
Reddit says that the best value for upgrading is Base Saki -> A1 -> 2pc -> 4pc -> C3 -> C6

Here's the post:

Fuz

Banned
Reddit says that the best value for upgrading is Base Saki -> A1 -> 2pc -> 4pc -> C3 -> C6

Here's the post:

Yeah I saw that. Still, 2 matrices will cost me much less (1 is "free" and I have 28 red matrix pull stashed). Decisions, decisions...
afraid.gif

Pejo

So in one of the most outwardly weeb decisions I've made, I ordered this like almost a year ago and it just arrived today. It's very high quality, and I'm pretty happy with it.

jC1phVB.jpg

Djgm89y.jpg

guRhbMc.jpg

I'd probably buy another one from the manufacturer of this. If they made like an Amber or Shenhe or something.

Fuz

Banned
So in one of the most outwardly weeb decisions I've made, I ordered this like almost a year ago and it just arrived today. It's very high quality, and I'm pretty happy with it.

jC1phVB.jpg

Djgm89y.jpg

guRhbMc.jpg

I'd probably buy another one from the manufacturer of this. If they made like an Amber or Shenhe or something.
CCP will break into your house and forcefully change her costume.

How much?

Btw, where does the background image on your profile come from?

Last edited:

Pejo

CCP will break into your house and forcefully change her costume.
I'd like to see them try...
How much?
I think around 110 USD? Lower price considering the detail compared to some stuff I've seen out there.
Btw, where does the background image on your profile come from?
I think it's one of the Samurai Spirits/Shodown games, but I got it from this gallery that has a ton of them. Animated fighting game backgrounds are peak aesthetic. There's 125 to scroll through.

*edit*

Here's where I got the fig. Looks like there are some in stock.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fuz

Fuz

Banned
Not my cup of tea, but 110 is actually surprisingly low, I was expecting mih to overcharge for them. Fair price.

I think it's one of the Samurai Spirits/Shodown games, but I got it from this gallery that has a ton of them. Animated fighting game backgrounds are peak aesthetic. There's 125 to scroll through.

I know them all.
2Rce3.gif

I think your image is from Last Blade.

Last edited:

crumbs

Kuki is so Fucking Broken with Nahida OMG, she's not even leveled with lvl 70 + LV8 Artefacts and she's already deleting ennemies

Kinda pog, liked since begining but was worrying she could be too weak, seems like it's quite opposite. Definitely planning on building her properly.
Interesting. Shinobu is my next project once I finish building Nahida and Jean (lost the 50/50 on Nahida's banner). I'm thinking full EM build with 4pc Gilded Dream and an Iron Sting.

Fake

Gold Member
What make me not into Shinobu is that stupid 'sacrifice hp' mechanic. Is not for me. Xiao life drain is less annoying that hp getting instant down.

Mainly in Abyss. If they remove this from Shinobu I would give her a try any day.

SSfox

Interesting. Shinobu is my next project once I finish building Nahida and Jean (lost the 50/50 on Nahida's banner). I'm thinking full EM build with 4pc Gilded Dream and an Iron Sting.
Was lucky this time, got Nahida after 3 multi. Pretty nice after losing 3 50/50 in a row.

I have her with Gilded Dream and the new green craftable weapon, i plan to give her Iron sting later. It's on Kazuha now but i'll switch him later to the new event weapon. It's gonna look cool him and even stats wise it's gonna be a bit above Iron Sting for Kazu.

Last edited:

SSfox

What make me not into Shinobu is that stupid 'sacrifice hp' mechanic. Is not for me. Xiao life drain is less annoying that hp getting instant down.

Mainly in Abyss. If they remove this from Shinobu I would give her a try any day.
Never had an issue with this, and in C6 it will be even less of an issue.

Pejo

Is my issue with Shinobu and Hu Tao. Nothing against who like, just that mechanic is not for me.
At least Shinobu heals herself back up easily with no micromanagement. Hu Tao is one of those characters I wish I could enjoy, but everything about her kit and gameplay ruins it. The HP loss balancing act, the awful polearm charge attack focus that fucks up your positioning, can't apply pyro without fucking up your hp or cooldowns, it's just not my cup of tea. But I like her character and her damage is nice.

crumbs

Was lucky this time, got Nahida after 3 multi. Pretty nice after losing 3 50/50 in a row.

I have her with Gilded Dream and the new green craftable weapon, i plan to give her Iron sting later. It's on Kazuha now but i'll switch him later to the new event weapon. It's gonna look cool him and even stats wise it's gonna be a bit above Iron Sting for Kazu.
I was on a good run lately, so I was overdue to lose a 50/50. At least it was Jean, who I actually wanted.

I added the Xiphos sword for the last 3.1 weapon banner, so my Kaz has that and now the Iron sting is available for Shinobu. The Iron sting passive is kinda useless on Kaz, so hopefully it has some utility for Shinobu.

Fuz

Banned

Here's the post:

I ended up pulling another copy, won the 50/50 and one thing I didn't consider was... I now have enough red tokens to buy 2 matrixes of choice
tXaDc.gif

...too bad I have no money at all and I can't even finish upgrading the swords.
K8Tdx.gif

Pejo

I ended up pulling another copy, won the 50/50 and one thing I didn't consider was... I now have enough red tokens to buy 2 matrixes of choice
tXaDc.gif

...too bad I have no money at all and I can't even finish upgrading the swords.
K8Tdx.gif
You can only buy one matrix selector with the Black Gold. The other one you have to get with the matrix currency.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Wow wow wow

Lumine is from Teyvat? What the hell is this mambo jambo about the descenders? And there's 3 former ones?

What The Hell Reaction GIF by iQiyi

Pejo

So this afternoon was the first time that Honkai Impact players could get one of the limited edition physical print artbooks that MHY/HoYoVerse are shipping entirely for free to players that manage to get one. You only had to do in-game activities and events for it. I managed to be one of the first 2000 to get one in the NA server, out of 12,500 total being given out (on this server). Feels pretty good.

R Reizo Ryuu , Dregnel Dregnel you guys secure one?

Anyways, I'm curious to see if they'll ever do something like that in Genshin. There wasn't any big worldwide event going on, but we just passed the CN and SEA region anniversaries about a month or so ago, so I guess maybe it was budgeted for that? Asian servers have gotten a few of these real-life mail packages already, but this was the first one for NA. One was a box of snacks that went hilariously poorly due to poor shipping practices.

Anyways, I guess CCP has my address now, so maybe you're right Fuz Fuz , and they're going to come censor my Mona fig.

Pejo

Well, I definitely agree with her general theme.

Falling Asleep Dr Steve Brule GIF

*edit*

Fuz Fuz

Last edited:

Saber

Well, I definitely agree with her general theme.

Falling Asleep Dr Steve Brule GIF

She's basically a representation of how people feel about her. I admit the model isn't bad as I though, but the rest is crap. Theres nothing in her that gets me, let alone interesting or usefull.
It's funny people comparing her to Zonghli. Seems like we live in different worlds from some people.

So this afternoon was the first time that Honkai Impact players could get one of the limited edition physical print artbooks that MHY/HoYoVerse are shipping entirely for free to players that manage to get one. You only had to do in-game activities and events for it. I managed to be one of the first 2000 to get one in the NA server, out of 12,500 total being given out (on this server). Feels pretty good.

R Reizo Ryuu , Dregnel Dregnel you guys secure one?
Congrats, nah I haven't been able to keep up with the dailies, and 5000 of them have already been claimed so I doubt I can still get one.

Last edited:

Pejo

Congrats, nah I haven't been able to keep up with the dailies, and 5000 of them have already been claimed so I doubt I can still get one.
You have time, they didn't go as fast as I was expecting. Monday will be the next big wall for those that missed the first week quests, so if there's anything left after that, they should be easy enough to grab.

In other news, this may be even more RNG luck than any of the 2x 5* pulls I've gotten in this game:

8GQcbAV.jpg

Nankatsu

Gold Member
She's basically a representation of how people feel about her. I admit the model isn't bad as I though, but the rest is crap. Theres nothing in her that gets me, let alone interesting or usefull.
It's funny people comparing her to Zonghli. Seems like we live in different worlds from some people.
Uh? Compare her to Zhongli? What on earth? Why would people even to that?

She looks plain boring and uninteresting compared to Zhongli.

I legit don't give two shits about the fungi quest because she legit makes cutscenes painful to follow for me.

To this date Zhongli is one of the top tier and most interesting characters dropped in the game, at least for me. The lore surrounding that dude is some of the most interesting in GI. Not to mention his animations are legit badass overall.

Last edited:

Saber

I don't even know what Layla does and still I'm willing to bet she's more interesting than Zhongli. But let's not get into that again.

Nothing against this man, go for it. But I dunno if you know about her kit, but her shield is not something I would call interesting, let alone damaging(it has very low dmg scalings).

Nothing against this man, go for it. But I dunno if you know about her kit, but her shield is not something I would call interesting, let alone damaging(it has very low dmg scalings).
Shields are useful, but there's nothing interesting about them. If Layla can cause any kind of damage and reactions, that already puts her step above Zhongli.

Pejo

I have been confused by this post all night into today. I saw it last night and figured you might have posted the wrong video and would change it eventually, but it's still here. Why did you post a 2+ year old Honkai Impact video? I'm extremely curious at this point. Is this a sign from MHY? Are you an insider?
Check This Out Tom Hanks GIF

So in other news, I finally started the fungus event last night. Pretty good, lots to do, different modes, etc. I'm in the middle of a bit of Genshin burnout, so it's probably not hitting like it should for me, but they definitely went the extra mile for it.

I absolutely HATE Layla though. Even worse than Fischl, her voice lines take for-fuckin'-ever and are done in that annoying "duuuuhhhhh IIIIII'm sooooo tiiiiiiired" way. Fuck that character. What a waste to have the screentime focus on her so much when we have better characters in the game that deserve more. Hell, Collei would have made the most sense to be in the event, since she's a forest ranger and is now cured of her Elezear disease.

I know it's supposed to be a marketing tool, but holy shit, I hate everything about her.

SSfox

Been playing Genshin bit by bit in my little nephew account since a week to try to improve and optimise bit his account so he can enjoy the game better.

Was just trying to get him Bennet and ... Nahida dropped at 55 pity
cgaF26i.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom