• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Dregnel

New vs. Old comparison. I think I like the old one slightly more. They both would be hugely improved just by adding full length pants.

zr7zxgvf5ky91.png

Interesting, this was the english twitter post for Yae 5 months ago. Sounds familiar...

5w1b3sxvhjy91.jpg
XAwvqDN.jpg

the new one is better for me, the old one looks good from the front but in the game when the character is walking you can barely see his body because the hat has two giant capes that looks like a mosquito net.

Dregnel

you want to stare at his body?

chris remake GIF
not in that way, I don't think they made it to be playable, the same with Signora, I also remember that Hoyoverse was investing in technology to avoid clipping, that's why I think they abandoned that design.

Pejo

So somebody on reddit noticed that the Teyvat clock had abyss text all the way around the border, and since we have a full abyss to english translation now, they decided to see what it says around the outside of the clock.
nlcx8w1eqky91.jpg

From 12 o’clock: w (x10) // w(x8) as // ?aw?gaddg?//hqdqhdawdw//w (x10)//w(x9)a

From 3 o’clock: danasaddan//dhawaewi//wsaw(x7)//w (x10)//w(x8)as//awasddew?

From 6 o’clock: wadawdawdw//wasdasdwa//sdasdwdewd//wadewdewdww//wwwwwsad?//dagdwwwdsd

From 9 o’clock: wwdwwdsaddww//wadawdawda?//dsadsadasw//dasdawdwas//dawdsaddawd//wedewdewdw

The golden lines (clockwise): sacs (?), aw, ?lnq, a?sa ??, sagssd ?, hzt, ?, hb?, khy, adds, sddasdd

Emoji Think GIF

crumbs

So somebody on reddit noticed that the Teyvat clock had abyss text all the way around the border, and since we have a full abyss to english translation now, they decided to see what it says around the outside of the clock.
nlcx8w1eqky91.jpg

From 12 o’clock: w (x10) // w(x8) as // ?aw?gaddg?//hqdqhdawdw//w (x10)//w(x9)a

From 3 o’clock: danasaddan//dhawaewi//wsaw(x7)//w (x10)//w(x8)as//awasddew?

From 6 o’clock: wadawdawdw//wasdasdwa//sdasdwdewd//wadewdewdww//wwwwwsad?//dagdwwwdsd

From 9 o’clock: wwdwwdsaddww//wadawdawda?//dsadsadasw//dasdawdwas//dawdsaddawd//wedewdewdw

The golden lines (clockwise): sacs (?), aw, ?lnq, a?sa ??, sagssd ?, hzt, ?, hb?, khy, adds, sddasdd

Emoji Think GIF

It all makes sense now. The veil has been lifted. I'm going to delete my account and start a new one so that I can experience this game from the beginning with this knowledge.

John Cena Mind Blown GIF

Pejo

It all makes sense now. The veil has been lifted. I'm going to delete my account and start a new one so that I can experience this game from the beginning with this knowledge.

John Cena Mind Blown GIF
You should also probably drop a bunch of LSD first, since Teyvat has its own "laws".

Also, why'd you post an out of focus gif of a crowd?

crumbs

You should also probably drop a bunch of LSD first, since Teyvat has its own "laws".

Also, why'd you post an out of focus gif of a crowd?
I thought I had, but it turned out to be an stamp from my Grandpa's old collection. I guess it was the ancient glue that made the walls melt.

I just need to keep peeling back the layers of this onion we call Genshin to truly understand.

You Cant See Me John Cena GIF by WWE

Fake

Gold Member
MYH: 'Dendro don't have elemental reaction with anemo'
Also MYH: 'Ruin Drake with a dendro tornado aura'

Fake

Gold Member
I'm still waiting for one of those sweet nearly indestructible Dendro hilichurl shields too...

I'm more curious about the secret behind the burning damage from hilichurl witchdoctor. 1k EM still doing nothing for burning.

Pejo

*edit*

Something I've been meaning to ask you guys (at least those of you that co-op from time to time).

Do you guys feel that either enemy stats go way up, or that your personal damage gets nerfed when you are in co-op with 1+ people? I usually do weekly bosses with a friend, but last week he couldn't do it so I solo'd them and found it much easier overall.

Last edited:

Dregnel

*edit*

Something I've been meaning to ask you guys (at least those of you that co-op from time to time).

Do you guys feel that either enemy stats go way up, or that your personal damage gets nerfed when you are in co-op with 1+ people? I usually do weekly bosses with a friend, but last week he couldn't do it so I solo'd them and found it much easier overall.

yes it's harder with people, monster defense scales based on how many players there are within that domain, i don't use co op for that reason.

Last edited:

Pejo

Man, it's gonna be a long time to get Kusanali up to 9/9/9 talents. I'm sitting at 6/7/6 currently waiting for my friend to do weekly bosses on the weekend like usual. Decided to stick with Sacrificial Fragments on her for now. I actually find myself using the tap version of her skill more than I expected to, to just mark nearby targets without worrying about aiming. The bonus cast has been nice when I miss marking one or they die so quickly that others spawn before the cooldown would normally be up.

C2 Kusanali + my C6 Keq has been so insanely fun. If you'd have told people at launch that Keq would regularly hit 20k normals, they'd laugh at you. I actually brought Sara out of retirement for that team too, since her buff is actually pretty great for Keq's Burst. I'm able to take a Dendro cube down from 100% to 1% in a single burst + use of skill + a few swings. This team makes farming Sumeru talent books a breeze too.

Unfortunately, Kusanali doesn't pair well with Cyno. He does so much damage so quickly that the 1st wave of enemies is gone, then you either have to continue with no Dendro application or swap him out and lose his burst which takes forever to charge. I'll stick with Collei for him, for now, as she provides the best extended duration of Dendro that we have available, and her burst is always ready with its low energy cost.

After my Cyno hits rank 10 friendship in a few days, I'm going to do a Nilou meme team for my daily comissions/friendship farming team, just to see how it works with Kusanali. It has to be better than with Dendro Traveler or Collei.

Reactions: Fuz

Fake

Gold Member
I just got Nilou elemental skill 10/10 last week. Now I trying to max out Colei elemental skill.

I just hope Alhaithem banner have Colei as well. I would love to max out her constelation.

edit: I kinda miss my chance of getting at least one cons to Nilou. I really like her elemental skill mechanic.

Last edited:

Pejo

Noticed in the current event, the trial characters we get to use were in their censored outfits.
Yep, all cutscenes, splash art, etc will be from now on too.

The only place surprisingly that I saw old costumes is the gacha splash art. I pulled another Mona on the standard banner a few days ago and she's wearing the good costume in the splash art there.

Upcoming banner expectations:
42wkihpo72z91.jpg

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Yep, all cutscenes, splash art, etc will be from now on too.

The only place surprisingly that I saw old costumes is the gacha splash art. I pulled another Mona on the standard banner a few days ago and she's wearing the good costume in the splash art there.

Upcoming banner expectations:
42wkihpo72z91.jpg

Saving all primos until January 18th. Will resist the urge and won't pull for Nahida, as I'm not 100% sold on her. Scaradouche is an easy skip, don't like him as a character.

Alhaitham, Yaoyao (two dendro users) and then maybe Staff of Homa sounds like a banger of a deal.

I Will Ryan GIF by Doctor Who

Last edited:

SSfox

My initial plan was Yelan and Shenhe, then Dehya and Al Haitham, but i didn't expect Al Haitham so soon. Also i feel like it's gonna be hard to skip Scaramouch, he's looking too good tbh NGL

Last edited:

Saber

My initial plan was Yelan and Shenhe, then Dehya and Al Haitham, but i didn't expect Al Haitham so soon. Also i feel like it's gonna be hard to skip Scaramouch, he's looking too gogd tbh NGL

You don't have Shenhe or have her just looking for cons?
I have her and shes kinda mid for a 5 star. Her design is super good though, shes the best milf. But her skill has kinda of long cooldown and the burst shred is barelly notable. I have her and ocasionally use her.

Pejo

I have her and shes kinda mid for a 5 star. Her design is super good though, shes the best milf. But her skill has kinda of long cooldown and the burst shred is barelly notable. I have her and ocasionally use her.
I like Shenhe, but she could have been 1000x better if they would have just included even just a self-imbue (not even including party members) while her Burst was up. As she is, if you want to use her as anything but a support, she's connected at the hip to her nephew Chongus. I mean the freeze team with her/Chongus/Kokomi/Anemo works well, but it'd be nice to have that flexibility to not have to have Chongus to do any sort of meaningful damage with her.

Despite her fantastic design and a very strong/low energy requirement burst, she's just really hard to use other than as Ayaka's buffslave.

Saving all primos until January 18th. Will resist the urge and won't pull for Nahida, as I'm not 100% sold on her. Scaradouche is an easy skip, don't like him as a character.

Alhaitham, Yaoyao (two dendro users) and then maybe Staff of Homa sounds like a banger of a deal.
I think it's a mistake to not roll for Kusanali, but she'll have plenty of reruns if past archons are anything to go by. She's just incredibly easy to build and fit into teams, and has so many weapon options. With Scara's upcoming catalyst, she could probably even be a monster on-field Spread DPS.

Also, keep in mind that huge leak a month or so ago had traces that we are probably getting a 4* selector at lantern rite with Yaoyao as an option, so if she's in an unattractive banner, you can probably just skip it and pick her up with that.

Last edited:

SSfox

No i don't have her, i have no interest in 5* cons. I like her asthetics and she's the GOAT Cryo support imo, like a Gourou or the upcoming Faruzan. Need to put her with my Ayaka.

Fake

Gold Member
Another thing, polearms chars don't have good weapons at their service.

People pretty much buy the BP polearm.

Saber

No i don't have her, i have no interest in 5* cons. I like her asthetics and she's the GOAT Cryo support imo, like a Gourou or the upcoming Faruzan. Need to put her with my Ayaka.

I'm not meta guy tbh, don't like to think about about ultra dps and this boring stuff. Its just that I also qualify the fun factor and if the character has good cooldowns. The good news about her is that her buff also works on herself.
She's with Diona in my case.

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
I think it's a mistake to not roll for Kusanali, but she'll have plenty of reruns if past archons are anything to go by. She's just incredibly easy to build and fit into teams, and has so many weapon options. With Scara's upcoming catalyst, she could probably even be a monster on-field Spread DPS.

Also, keep in mind that huge leak a month or so ago had traces that we are probably getting a 4* selector at lantern rite with Yaoyao as an option, so if she's in an unattractive banner, you can probably just skip it and pick her up with that.

I get you, but thing is, I'm also finding the game to be, yet again, in one of those stall phases.

I legit just hop in to get the primogems from the welkin, do the dailies and call it a day. And feels like a damn shore. I'm not having fun, yet again, playing the game.

More and more Genshin is a get in, enjoy for a period, get out, comeback a few months later type of game for me.

Last edited:

SSfox

I'm not meta guh tbh, don't like to think about about ultra dps and this boring stuff. Its just that I also qualify the fun factor and if the character has good cooldowns. The good news about her is that her buff works one herself as well.
She's with Diona in my case.
If i didn't like her asthetics i wouldn't pull for her. I'm not that meta too, especially since the game is not that hard once you build decently your characters.

Last edited:
Another thing, polearms chars don't have good weapons at their service.

People pretty much buy the BP polearm.
Or Homa...

I wouldn't recommend Shenhe unless you're deeply invested in cryo and/or don't want/can't use anemo units to buff their damage. She's probably the least interesting and impactful character I pulled for. She's hot though.

The fungi event has been a pleasant surprise. There's a lot of different aspects to it with several mini-games, but the impressive part is how fungi combat still utilizes the same elemental reactions as regular combat. It allows for the same depth and team building as the actual game. It's a bit early to call, but I think this is among the best event they've done.

Pejo

K8Tdx.gif

PORCAMADONNA

You just spam EM on her and she's usable. That's it. Other stats are nice, but just sort your artifacts by EM and equip/level them, and I assure you that she will be worth the party slot. On top of that, she can use Thrilling Tales for party buffs, Prototype Amber for healing, Sacrificial Fragments for personal/team dps, Mappa Mare, Magic Guide all work for her. Other than Bennett, I've not seen such an easy to build character in the game for their role(s).

I get you, but thing is, I'm also finding the game to be, yet again, in one of those stall phases.

I legit just hop in to get the primogems from the welkin, do the dailies and call it a day. And feels like a damn shore. I'm not having fun, yet again, playing the game.

More and more Genshin is a get in, enjoy for a period, get out, comeback a few months later type of game for me.
Totally get that. And if you don't like Nahida's gameplay or Dendro teams in general, then she's not mandatory. I do like the fact you can farm materials with her skill and the flavor text from reading the minds of people in Sumeru, but they're just small side effects. Still, it'd be lying to say she isn't the most universal and strongest Dendro character we have yet.

I was really hoping Alhaitham was going to have an interesting kit, but he seems like Dendro Itto based on that last round of leaks. Could still be good in practice though, we'll have to see.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
I was really hoping Alhaitham was going to have an interesting kit, but he seems like Dendro Itto based on that last round of leaks. Could still be good in practice though, we'll have to see.
I missed those leaks. A dendro Itto, uh?

Music to my ears!

Confused Season 1 GIF by NBC

Fuz

Banned
Where did you see his kit? I may have seen it too and completely forgot about it
2Rce3.gif

Anyhow, I really wanted him but I'm second questioning if I want another dendro character... they're not THAT useful, as long as you have a dendro applicator you're set, and I have Nahida.
And that glued cape and reverse corolla haircut are silly.

Last edited:

Pejo

I missed those leaks. A dendro Itto, uh?

Music to my ears!
Where did you see his kit? I may have seen it too and completely forgot about it
2Rce3.gif

Anyhow, I really wanted him but I'm second questioning if I want another dendro character... they're not THAT useful, as long as you have a dendro applicator you're set, and I have Nahida.
And that glued cape and reverse corolla haircut are silly.

E: Throws a "ForlornLotus", has 2 versions Press and Hold, when on the field, Alhaitham goes into "ForlornLotus Mode" and his NA can mark enemies. The "ForlornLotus" has 3 levels. (His weapon also changes to "RuneWeapon")
Q: Alhaitham unleashes some type of "fog", upon activating the burst The "Forlorn Lotus"'s ATK gets buffed (?) and gets also "Elemental Durability"
(Seems Q is a confusing to read)

MHY threatened lawsuits to reddit for the big aggregated post with all of the leaks, so you have to scour twitter to find them all now.

In addition to above, he also has Dendro imbue (likely that "rune weapon" buff) and his lotus shoots non-homing bullets during the fog from his burst.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
E: Throws a "ForlornLotus", has 2 versions Press and Hold, when on the field, Alhaitham goes into "ForlornLotus Mode" and his NA can mark enemies. The "ForlornLotus" has 3 levels. (His weapon also changes to "RuneWeapon")
Q: Alhaitham unleashes some type of "fog", upon activating the burst The "Forlorn Lotus"'s ATK gets buffed (?) and gets also "Elemental Durability"

MHY threatened lawsuits to reddit for the big aggregated post with all of the leaks, so you have to scour twitter to find them all now.

In addition to above, he also has Dendro imbue (likely that "rune weapon" buff) and his lotus shoots non-homing bullets during the fog from his burst.

They just need to make his lotus shot like Yelan's burst. That's it, easy.

A DPS Dendro sounds cool, although in theory he wont pair that well with Cyno, unless well, his burst gets auto-homing.

Last edited:

Pejo

They just need to make his lotus shot like Yelan's burst. That's it, easy.

A DPS Dendro sounds cool, although in theory he wont pair that well with Cyno, unless well, his burst gets auto-homing.
Yea they're clearly targeting Spread reactions which are already pretty good, just hard to trigger currently outside of DPS Kusanali.

Nobody works well with Cyno other than buffers for Cyno, unfortunately. He's one of the most selfish DPS characters in the game. No party utility at all until C4.

SSfox

His BiS art should probably be 2 Dendro + 2 ATK/HP/DEF/EM (depending with what he scales)

Top Bottom