• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

deanote666

Nahida is infinitely more useful than Yae, but I would say Nahida C2. And don't you dare say "but Pejo, I don't have enough primogems!"
I See You Wtf GIF by For(bes) The Culture

Han Solo Reaction GIF
Car repair bill has entered the chat.

I was at about 5 pulls from my guaranteed 5* soft pity.

Got Nahida C1.
Got Tighnari C1 next 10 pull
Got Nahida C2 3 10 pulls later.

Now, help me pay my car bill, Pejo Pejo

Last edited:

Pejo

Car repair bill has entered the chat.

I was at about 5 pulls from my guaranteed 5* soft pity.

Got Nahida C1.
Got Tighnari C1 next 10 pull
Got Nahida C2 3 10 pulls later.

Now, help me pay my car bill, Pejo Pejo
Damn, that's a hell of a run, you should be thanking me instead for giving you the
Water Mean GIF by SVT

Ultra mega pass for me lmao
Same. Wanderer/Faruzan haven't impressed me, so I'm on save schedule until 3.4 at the least. Since it's rumored to be a rerun patch with free Yaoyao given out later, I am probably saving until best Sumeru girl.
6ab07ctmo10a1.jpg

Hope we get some official verification of her kit leaks soon.

deanote666

They came at a cost, Pejo Pejo

Started using my C5 Keqing since the release of the desert area but the fungus spore drops put a dampner on that...

My C5 Jean is half built, haven't gotten back to her in awhile.

Haven't built C1 Mona or C2 Qiqi yet.

C3 Diluc is built up, hasn't made it into the party rotation in awhile outside of Abyss.

My Hu Tao still sits with level 1 talents, level 1 friendship for the memes. Haven't built her up yet, not sure how I feel about her HP mechanics.

Commissions set to Inazuma bit the Musk finds a way...

Last edited:

Pejo

I stop checking GI leaks because the way those people simp Scara is weird as fuck. Jez.
Yea I feel like I've been gaslighted about him. Nothing I've seen other than his hover and weapon look fun, good, or useful. But everywhere I read about Genshin, everybody is going nuts for him.

Fake

Gold Member
Yea I feel like I've been gaslighted about him. Nothing I've seen other than his hover and weapon look fun, good, or useful. But everywhere I read about Genshin, everybody is going nuts for him.

Dude make like 10 slow motion elemental burst threads of Scara. I mean, one is not enough?

Pejo

I mean, he's clearly obsessed with SOMETHING
vb5q29ipq40a1.jpg
That dude is all about that Scussy.

*edit*

So I guess they're going back and adjusting Scara and Faruzan... The highlighted bit got me good.
3rw6DGA.jpg

laughter laughing GIF
Laugh Really Hard Season 10 GIF by ABC Network
Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Holy shit, I just read that they're also designing whole areas and enemies around Scara, to get you to roll for him. Absolutely pathetic.

Last edited:

Saber

*edit*

So I guess they're going back and adjusting Scara and Faruzan... The highlighted bit got me good.
3rw6DGA.jpg

laughter laughing GIF

Holy shit, I just read that they're also designing whole areas and enemies around Scara, to get you to roll for him. Absolutely pathetic.

Like...what?
They gonna nerf the shit out of Faruzan because they want Scara to be stronger? Or better yet, because "Scara is weaker than Faruzan", chessuz... bunch of fuckin simps.

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member

*edit*

3rw6DGA.jpg

laughter laughing GIF

This is embarrassing...

Doing all this shit just for a single character and even making the one shit for the other being superior.

deanote666

Apparently,there's commission chains that force another one in that same quest line, even if in a different region.

Anyone know if there's a similar effect to getting one in Inazuma and switching to another region to hopefully force another commission in a particular quest line?

Switched to Inazuma, got a Goodwin and Ella quest.

In Inazuma, got one of the detective quests, want to continue that quest line.

SSfox

New abyss was a bit annoying, had to switch comps many time, cause of that flying bird, in the end just had to shoot its wings and fight ended way sooner than usual.

Fuz

Banned
Apparently,there's commission chains that force another one in that same quest line, even if in a different region.

Anyone know if there's a similar effect to getting one in Inazuma and switching to another region to hopefully force another commission in a particular quest line?

Switched to Inazuma, got a Goodwin and Ella quest.

In Inazuma, got one of the detective quests, want to continue that quest line.
I don't think I understood the question, but the answer is 99% "NO".

Fake

Gold Member
I can't play right now, so whats the abyss buff this time?

Shockwave with true damage? I expect something Yae Miko/Chield related.

Pejo

Fuz Fuz
Not sure if you have been getting bad stutters since the last patch, but I found this post on reddit that helped me out a TON. I am using the config for "Performance High Quality Preset" and the game runs better and looks better than it did previously with my custom settings. Like night and day better, and completely gets rid of stutters and other graphical hitches. Also, if you have DLSS enabled, there's a memory leak related to an outdated .dll that they're using from Nvidia in the binaries.

I can't play right now, so whats the abyss buff this time?

Shockwave with true damage? I expect something Yae Miko/Chield related.
Yup.

Had some difficulty with the flying robot enemy in 12-3. My team ended up not getting a bow character, so I couldn't shoot him down. Half my attacks kept missing. Still not enough to stop the Nahida killing machine though.

Fuz

Banned
Fuz Fuz
Not sure if you have been getting bad stutters since the last patch, but I found this post on reddit that helped me out a TON. I am using the config for "Performance High Quality Preset" and the game runs better and looks better than it did previously with my custom settings. Like night and day better, and completely gets rid of stutters and other graphical hitches. Also, if you have DLSS enabled, there's a memory leak related to an outdated .dll that they're using from Nvidia in the binaries.

I don't. Everything runs as always, no stutters at all.
My old PC with W8.1 is better than your fancy new rigs with an awful OS.
smiley_37.gif

I might try that preset anyway just to see how it works.

Pejo

I don't. Everything runs as always, no stutters at all.
My old PC with W8.1 is better than your fancy new rigs with an awful OS.
smiley_37.gif

I might try that preset anyway just to see how it works.
I think the stutter only effects nvidia RTX cards, so if you have AMD or a non-RTX, you were probably ok.

Fuz

Banned
I think the stutter only effects nvidia RTX cards, so if you have AMD or a non-RTX, you were probably ok.
So, Lin 22 November:

3maam4h8be0a1.jpg

And apparently Lyra 22 December.
Fuck them, all the characters I wanted one after another. I'm gonna miss Lyra.

Pejo

So, Lin 22 November:

3maam4h8be0a1.jpg

And apparently Lyra 22 December.
Fuck them, all the characters I wanted one after another. I'm gonna miss Lyra.
Fuck that's brutal. I know Lin is the meme character that instantly makes the game 100x easier and fits every team and gives bj and steak on sundays or w/e, but I'm considering skipping her for Lyra. My frost team is beyond solid now, I've been going around and soloing the Aspera world bosses, which is ridiculous to me considering there was no way I could do that a month ago. I really want a strong physical team, and I like Lyra's design a lot. Claudia is the weak link as far as I'm concerned. Fuck I dunno, but Saki took all of my savings and there's no way I'm giving them money with the state of the game and all the bugs.

Fuz

Banned
I know Lin is the meme character that instantly makes the game 100x easier and fits every team and gives bj and steak on sundays or w/e, but I'm considering skipping her for Lyra. My frost team is beyond solid now, I've been going around and soloing the Aspera world bosses, which is ridiculous to me considering there was no way I could do that a month ago. I really want a strong physical team, and I like Lyra's design a lot. Claudia is the weak link as far as I'm concerned. Fuck I dunno, but Saki took all of my savings and there's no way I'm giving them money with the state of the game and all the bugs.
Apparently Lin has been nerfed to the ground for frost, anyway. Probably for rebalancing Saki.
You can safely go HORA HORA.

Pejo

So I have to say, I've been farming friendship with the Nilou Bountiful cores team (Nilou/Candace/Kusanali/Kokomi), and as much as I was shitting on it, and as limited as it is in team comps, it's a lot of fun. My still un-maxed Kusanali generates 30k damage cores, and they pop up so quickly, it's hard to even count the damage. Along with her "linked damage" mechanic, the damage just piles on, especially in mid to large groups.

The 2 biggest downsides are that there is no Succ between Hydro/Dendro charactes, and there is no shielder between Hydro/Dendro characters. Those two support features would make it truly a force of nature (ha!)

It also reinforces my belief that at some point Candace was supposed to generate a Hydro shield in her kit. It would be amazing synergy in this team to prevent the friendly damage of Core explosions and to prevent knockback while Kusanali is reapplying Dendro to the next waves of enemies, with her tiny HP pool. I wonder why the fuck they decided to do Candace so dirty and give her a kit that doesn't really fit anywhere, and you have to go out of your way to use. She even talks about her damn shield in like 75% of her voicelines.

Maybe they nerfed her kit to give it to Scaradouche too.

Not bad Nilou, not bad.
6czapd75jd0a1.jpg

Last edited:

SSfox

Man i was watching a Xiao video with English voice, literally turn me off from the character and make him looks wack. Forgot how it's crazy a voice quality can change a character.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fuz

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Man i was watching a Xiao video with English voice, literally turn me off from the character and make him looks wack. Forgot how it's crazy a voice quality can change a character.

Wait until you leave the sound on, go somewhere else, and his idle animation starts moaning, with you still having people in your house that can hear it.

Last edited:
TP7nu8c.png
The Lord Of The Rings Mueller Report GIF by reactionseditor

It took 755 wishes to get Nahida to C6 (including the 50/50 I lost on Nilou's banner) and 59 wishes to get the weapon. I lost the 50/50 four times. Most of the primos came from F2P sources and Welkin, but a kind supporter ended up donating a total of 95 euros to get those last two cons. I scavenged all of Sumeru and hunted achievements these past two weeks, but that wasn't enough unfortunately. I don't think I'll ever do this again.

Pejo

TP7nu8c.png

It took 755 wishes to get Nahida to C6 (including the 50/50 I lost on Nilou's banner) and 59 wishes to get the weapon. I lost the 50/50 four times. Most of the primos came from F2P sources and Welkin, but a kind supporter ended up donating a total of 95 euros to get those last two cons. I scavenged all of Sumeru and hunted achievements these past two weeks, but that wasn't enough unfortunately. I don't think I'll ever do this again.
Welcome to the "limited character C6" club. I think this was one of the safest picks with how damn strong she is, but damn, losing 50/50 4 times is ROUGH.

By "kind supporter" do you mean a fan? Are you a streamer? Or like your gf? Or did you turn to a life of sex work to scrounge up enough?
BriefFixedIndusriverdolphin-size_restricted.gif

Welcome to the "limited character C6" club. I think this was one of the safest picks with how damn strong she is, but damn, losing 50/50 4 times is ROUGH.

By "kind supporter" do you mean a fan? Are you a streamer? Or like your gf? Or did you turn to a life of sex work to scrounge up enough?
Thanks! Overall I think I had average luck. I'd hoped for more spectacular pulls due to the sheer amount of wishes I'd be spending though. The 4 stars on this banner were a blessing in disguise. They refunded so many wishes for me, it's the only reason I was able to go the distance. In that sense everything aligned perfectly. I would have never attempted this if there were any other interesting 5 stars on the horizon.

The "supporter" is a whale friend of mine. He couldn't stand seeing her at C4 and paid for a couple of packs (and probably knew I'd been no-lifing the game for 14 days). He wouldn't take no for an answer.

Now it's back to saving for Dehya. Fortunately she's a ways off.

SSfox

TP7nu8c.png

Wow damn!!! I expected some hentai pics but not this
32DjPAi.jpg

Not something i would do myself but as long as you have fun with it it's all what matters
32DjPAi.jpg

ssringo

Gold Member
Last day of Nahida and I'm torn on trying for her or continuing to save wishes. I keep hearing about how good she is, how she enables other, weaker characters even if she's not built and apparently makes gathering materials(?) easier. I'm not really a meta chaser but if someone is THAT good it might be a waste to pass on her if I could potentially get her.

I have 30 wishes and next 5* pull is banner. The only limited that I know I'd want to pull on is Raiden and Yelan. I'm f2p right now but am going to get the daily gem thingy. Might grab battle pass if I can get a high enough rank before the current ends (currently 17ish as I started late) and if not probably get it next round.

Main team is Keqing, Noelle, Jean, Bennett. Love Keqing and Bennett. Jean is great for heals and Anemo and Noelle is for mostly for mining and annoying Geo enemies. Not sure who I'd swap out (Noelle I suppose). Story is Ch.3 of Liyue.

I'm thinking even if I fail to get her I just get that much closer for the next banner and might get constellations for Noelle or Bennett in the process.

Thoughts?

Fake

Gold Member
Its a safe team. 4 differents elements give resistence up ressonance.

Keqing should be your main dps, you got a shield, a healer and a supp. Not bad, but keep in mind that you need sometimes to trade your main dps due to the GI rotation of new enemies 'immute to x'.

Not a huge fan of geo, but shield is always welcome. I would recommend 4-set anemo piece for Jean. BEWARE of getting Bennet constelation, one of them litelary destroy his supp.

Pejo

Last day of Nahida and I'm torn on trying for her or continuing to save wishes. I keep hearing about how good she is, how she enables other, weaker characters even if she's not built and apparently makes gathering materials(?) easier. I'm not really a meta chaser but if someone is THAT good it might be a waste to pass on her if I could potentially get her.

I have 30 wishes and next 5* pull is banner. The only limited that I know I'd want to pull on is Raiden and Yelan. I'm f2p right now but am going to get the daily gem thingy. Might grab battle pass if I can get a high enough rank before the current ends (currently 17ish as I started late) and if not probably get it next round.

Main team is Keqing, Noelle, Jean, Bennett. Love Keqing and Bennett. Jean is great for heals and Anemo and Noelle is for mostly for mining and annoying Geo enemies. Not sure who I'd swap out (Noelle I suppose). Story is Ch.3 of Liyue.

I'm thinking even if I fail to get her I just get that much closer for the next banner and might get constellations for Noelle or Bennett in the process.

Thoughts?
If you like any Electro character, do yourself a favor and pull for Nahida. She elevates the entire element just by existing and applying Dendro. I've seen some beastly teams with Raiden + Kusanali.

Top Bottom