• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Pejo

Kinda confused here. Wasn't his C2 the one that reduced his ele skill cooldown? Was I pissed off about nothing?
confused.gif

Edit: nope, it was C1. Mmm. Strange, I was sure...
The original leaks said C2, looks like either they were wrong or it got switched at some point.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Fuz

Fuz

Banned
The original leaks said C2, looks like either they were wrong or it got switched at some point.
What confused me is that no one mentioned it on reddit.

edit: 80th pull on the normal banner, still nothing. :messenger_expressionless:

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
Honey Impact said C2 was CD.

Sometimes part of the buff are switching cons. Getting CD on C1 would be more easy from 5* pespective.

I remember Ayaka nerf was removing some of her ice blades from her burst into one of constellation.

edit: Yeah. Honey Impact display C1 as C2.

edit2: Is Iron Sting good for Alhaitham? I can easily put rank 5 on him.

Last edited:

Saber

For those who likes Yaoyao, I dunno if guys are keeping an eye on her changes.
Apparently her burst ends as soon as you change the character. Also, once her effect ends, all bunnies dissapear on the field.
I sincerelly have my doubts about this because this sound beyond stupid.

Pejo

For those who likes Yaoyao, I dunno if guys are keeping an eye on her changes.
Apparently her burst ends as soon as you change the character. Also, once her effect ends, all bunnies dissapear on the field.
I sincerelly have my doubts about this because this sound beyond stupid.
I mean I know MHY hates their 4*s, but this can't be real/intentional. What good is a healer that only heals herself?

Fake

Gold Member
I guess they know people will skip her banner with Alhaitam in favor of the free lantern festival. Can't really understand why making her sucks even more.

Pejo

So I have been building Faruzan, and I have to say, I'm having a lot of fun playing her, even far from full strength. I got 2 copies of her on the same 10 pull, and having 2 charges of her enhanced charged shot at C1 makes a TON of difference if you're playing her actively. The way I've been using her is as an Anemo carry swirl DPS, and it's really fun. Kinda like charge attack Ganyu but close range and really active since her cooldown is really short on her skill. Didn't expect to like that playstyle so much, but those little mini vortexes are really satisfying to use in enemy groups. I'm thinking of trying a team like Faruzan/Xiangling/Barbara/Layla eventually, when she's strong enough to hold her own. Layla pairs with her particularly well since she applies cryo over a distance off-field and her shield ain't half bad. Maybe you were on to something with Layla, Fuz Fuz

Pejo

Finally some more crumbs of Mika and Dehya's kits. Dehya still looks to be mostly the same as the original 3.1 leaks, but it looks like they slowed her down by adding cooldowns to her enhanced dashes....assholes.

x59g7v899r5a1.png

debu62j99r5a1.png

And Mika looks to be a Cryo polearm healer that works kinda like Kusanali mixed with Qiqi.
lzk9jtxgxq5a1.png

0m59utxgxq5a1.png

h83wcsxgxq5a1.png

I don't really get how Dehya can be an off-field pyro DPS when multiple aspects of her kit require her to be on the field. You can't explode her deployable without being on-field and obviously the dash requires that too. Not sure what that's about.

Pejo

I don't really get how Dehya can be an off-field pyro DPS when multiple aspects of her kit require her to be on the field. You can't explode her deployable without being on-field and obviously the dash requires that too. Not sure what that's about.
Well they mention it's like Fischl, so maybe it's more for repositioning the AoE explosion than for doing extra damage? Kind of a bummer if that's the case.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Been playing the dungeon event, and ngl, kind of regret not going for Nahida, because she mixes really well with Alhaitham from what I'm seeing, and she is nice to play.

I'll have to clutch with Dendro MC or YaoYao, i guess, because I really wanna go for Alhaitham + Signature weapon.

Last edited:

Saber

Well they mention it's like Fischl, so maybe it's more for repositioning the AoE explosion than for doing extra damage? Kind of a bummer if that's the case.

I think it mentions Fischl in the context that it could remain there after first cast. But like InterMusketeer InterMusketeer said, the second cast, alongside her burst, makes her forced to be in charge.

Why would you need multiple dash charges then? I've heard people call her pyro Fischl or even 5 star Xiangling. Guess it's gonna come down to the specifics.

Pejo

Been playing the dungeon event, and ngl, kind of regret not going for Nahida, because she mixes really well with Alhaitham from what I'm seeing, and she is nice to play.
I think pretty much everyone in the thread was telling you that Nahida was worth it. But for Dendro Support/particles, Collei will probably be your 2nd best bet, and she was free. Her boomerang has a relatively short cooldown and gives consistent particles, and her Burst should last long enough for Alhaitham to finish off most small crowds. I use her with Keqing occasionally which is basically the same kit as Alhaitham, and while she's not as good as Nahida, she's still usable.

I have been running a team with Kusanali and no elements that can even react with Dendro to farm Friendship XP from dailies/leylines, and she still is OP with that damage link skill. Crazy how good of a kit she has, especially compared to other recently released characters.

Wait, she has "enhanced" dashes? Easy skip.
Sounds like after she uses her burst, the jump and elemental skill buttons transform into dash attacks that move her pulsing AoE pyro explosion. Her normal dashes still exist.

Why would you need multiple dash charges then? I've heard people call her pyro Fischl or even 5 star Xiangling. Guess it's gonna come down to the specifics.
Well I think it might be design wise for people that want to play her actively vs. off-field. Like you can just use the burst and let it erupt in once place repeatedly, or reposition it once and swap out, or continue to play her and mix auto-attacks in and reposition as necessary. Out of those 3 possibilities, I hope it's built more towards the 3rd scenario, because that's how I wanted to play her. It doesn't sound like she has any infusion though, so I might have to finally level Benny and C6 him to get Pyro infusion...ugghh.

Fake

Gold Member
Still burning related?

Weapons prototype from Sumeru have a good design, but is a shame most of them are trash in effect.

Still can't decide what weapon Alhaitham will use. I sure the 4-set dendro artifact will work good for him.

Mika easy skip for me.

Last edited:

Pejo

Still burning related?
I don't think it was ever said that she was primarily burning focused, but we won't know that until we see her passives and constellations. I'm hoping not personally, but all of the Sumeru characters have been related to or dependent on Dendro so far, so I'm not hopeful.

Fake

Gold Member
I don't think it was ever said that she was primarily burning focused, but we won't know that until we see her passives and constellations. I'm hoping not personally, but all of the Sumeru characters have been related to or dependent on Dendro so far, so I'm not hopeful.

Yeah. Unless she became imune to burning, this will be a issue with her kit.

ssringo

Gold Member
I think pretty much everyone in the thread was telling you that Nahida was worth it. But for Dendro Support/particles, Collei will probably be your 2nd best bet, and she was free. Her boomerang has a relatively short cooldown and gives consistent particles, and her Burst should last long enough for Alhaitham to finish off most small crowds. I use her with Keqing occasionally which is basically the same kit as Alhaitham, and while she's not as good as Nahida, she's still usable.

Chiming in to concur even as a newish player. I use Collei and Keqing together and they do quite well. Farming those damn mushrooms for Collei was awful though. Literally just got the final ones need for max ascension this morning.

On a different note those trials were lots of fun. Got to try out a bunch of characters and teams I'm nowhere near obtaining. I think my favorite was Itto, Albedo and Layla (Shinobu was there too but didn't seem to fit). Wasn't trying to build anything in particular, just trying characters I didn't have (or built) and they worked incredibly well together). I'm a little salty I can't pull for Itto; he was a lot of fun to use.

Also, I'm loving Noelle in TCG. Elemental reactions? Pfft. Too much effort. I'll just chop everyone down with consecutive normal attacks. Seriously. Buffed Noelle and started hacking away and the game AI doesn't know what to do. Keeps changing characters because the active one would lose a huge chunk of HP. Well, my turn again. CHOP! I'm sure I'll run into a hard counter sooner or later.

Last edited:

Pejo

Pretty good fan edited Genshin Trailer.

Hope Netflix doesn't see this and decide to do a live-action Genshin series.

Dumb question probably but, Yaoyao's spear seems way smaller than usual, so, it's her hitting range smaller too?
All characters have their own ranges relative to their character. Look at it more as a part of the character's kit than the weapon type.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
I have been running a team with Kusanali and no elements that can even react with Dendro to farm Friendship XP from dailies/leylines, and she still is OP with that damage link skill. Crazy how good of a kit she has, especially compared to other recently released characters.
Archons are game changers. And I mean that literally, they all change the way you were playing the game. And make you think "I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT THIS NOW!". Maybe Shogun less so than the others though.
That link chain is just so comfy!
Sounds like after she uses her burst, the jump and elemental skill buttons transform into dash attacks that move her pulsing AoE pyro explosion. Her normal dashes still exist.
Oh ok, good. I can't stand playing Mona and Ayaka just for their stupid dodges.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Oh? Do tell. I've not heard of the downside to ascending a character to higher levels.
Resources. It costs a lot and it's not worth it. I only have one max ascended (but I'm an hoarder
cikYa.gif
).
Especially for some supports, you just need them to be 70-80 max, and especially if you're a newer player who
- has low resources
- has low world level and no real reason to go full power

Collei is a 4 star and not even particularly good, and you'll use her just to apply dendro and nothing else (and you'll eventually replace her with Nahida or some other dendro).

Last edited:

Pejo

Oh? Do tell. I've not heard of the downside to ascending a character to higher levels.
80 is "soft cap" for character ascensions. The gains from 80-90 are small in comparison to other levels and require a TON of resources and farming.

HOWEVER

There is a hidden mechanic that takes your character's level and compares it to the enemy level, and will adjust damage accordingly depending if you're above/below the enemy you're fighting. This starts to matter more at max world level and for combat events or abyss. You might have also noticed a big discrepancy in enemy strength and especially HP between world levels 4 and 5 (I think that one was the big jump). They might have eased this a bit for new players, but everyone rushing content at launch kinda got surprised by the jump at first, and a lot were caught with their pants down and a bunch of weak characters (myself included).

Particularly elemental reactions have a huge discrepancy for damage if you're vastly under the enemy's level vs. the same or higher. If you're doing a Swirl comp for instance, where the majority of the damage comes from reactions, it's definitely worth it to max out your character level asap. If you're doing mono-Geo or Freeze or Physical or whatever, it barely matters. If you find yourself sticking to a "main" team more often than swapping to different teams and characters, there is no downside to maxing them out. Once you have 2 full strong teams, I would argue maxing them out is more important than having 20 level 70-80 characters, but it depends on what your goals in the game are.

Weapons and talents on the other hand get pretty big advancements from higher levels, so if you're trying to ration out your resource usage, I would give them priority.

I can't find the graph anymore, but it showed general power % and what they came from, and artifacts were the biggest slice of the "character strength" pie at like 21% if I recall. The other parts like talents/level/weapons/etc were smaller individually.

Then again, this is just my opinion, but I'm like an anti-Fuz with character building. I max out a single character at a time and then move on to another one, with the exception of artifacts. I am real lazy as far as farming them because of the awful RNG at play. You can run an entire week's worth of resin in artifact domains and not get an upgrade, it's disheartening.

ssringo

Gold Member
I dunno. I get the sentiment but I've fallen victim to the classic hoarding of resources for the rainy day that never comes far, far too many times to worry about it any more. This might be a case of me "learning the hard way" but I'm okay with that. After hitting AR45 (which leveled the enemies up but not me) the Fatui and their shields became a lot more annoying to deal with so I've actually chilled on story progression and spent my time farming mats for AR 50 and Raiden. I actually have the mats right now to max 3 characters and their weapons. Collei is actually my 4th as she was my lowest priority but I finished with everyone else I'm using! I only have the mushrooms for her because I read they were a bit of a pain to farm (not really, just waiting for respawns on limited nodes) and started working on those early.

Also, hot take incoming: I don't really like Nahida. Yeah, she's definitely really good but I don't find her fun to play; I'm also in that group of people that doesn't like little kid characters in general. I certainly don't want to play a team of bad characters with no synergy but I'm not really a meta slave. If anything I'd replace Collei with another bow user (which has been much more useful to me for general play and a big reason I started using Collei) such as Yelan (who is one of my target pulls).

Appreciate the opinions though.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
80 is "soft cap" for character ascensions. The gains from 80-90 are small in comparison to other levels and require a TON of resources and farming.

HOWEVER

There is a hidden mechanic that takes your character's level and compares it to the enemy level, and will adjust damage accordingly depending if you're above/below the enemy you're fighting. This starts to matter more at max world level and for combat events or abyss. You might have also noticed a big discrepancy in enemy strength and especially HP between world levels 4 and 5 (I think that one was the big jump). They might have eased this a bit for new players, but everyone rushing content at launch kinda got surprised by the jump at first, and a lot were caught with their pants down and a bunch of weak characters (myself included).

Particularly elemental reactions have a huge discrepancy for damage if you're vastly under the enemy's level vs. the same or higher. If you're doing a Swirl comp for instance, where the majority of the damage comes from reactions, it's definitely worth it to max out your character level asap. If you're doing mono-Geo or Freeze or Physical or whatever, it barely matters. If you find yourself sticking to a "main" team more often than swapping to different teams and characters, there is no downside to maxing them out. Once you have 2 full strong teams, I would argue maxing them out is more important than having 20 level 70-80 characters, but it depends on what your goals in the game are.

Weapons and talents on the other hand get pretty big advancements from higher levels, so if you're trying to ration out your resource usage, I would give them priority.

I can't find the graph anymore, but it showed general power % and what they came from, and artifacts were the biggest slice of the "character strength" pie at like 21% if I recall. The other parts like talents/level/weapons/etc were smaller individually.

Then again, this is just my opinion, but I'm like an anti-Fuz with character building. I max out a single character at a time and then move on to another one, with the exception of artifacts. I am real lazy as far as farming them because of the awful RNG at play. You can run an entire week's worth of resin in artifact domains and not get an upgrade, it's disheartening.

And here's the second suggestion: don't ever do the last ascension quest.
2Rce3.gif

By the way, talents suggested levels to stop at are 4 and 7, those are the biggest payoffs for the resources. Crown favourites. Keep in mind talents leveling is also very expensive.

Last edited:

deanote666

For characters with kits that scale off of HP, it's worth leveling them up from 80 to 90 as HP gains are still high at level up.

Think EM has something to do with character levels too, what I'm thinking of might overlap with what Pejo Pejo was saying.

Pejo

More recognition, maybe 800 more primos incoming.

SsQZppf.jpg

fUCSQNE.jpg
I'm impressed Lisa made the list, considering her relative unpopularity. But then again, I guess this statistic has nothing to do with her viability in Abyss or synergy in a Dendro team.

Also, I dunno how to personally feel since I know exactly why Genshin Impact Slime is on this list and what it's referencing.

Also, what the fuck @ Minecraft? What even are people getting excited about in that game?

Building Blocks Fun GIF by SVGator

Pejo

those with Amazon Prime:

Prime Bundle 1 of 8

Genshin Impact will feature 8 drops running from December 14th, 2022 - May 24th, 2023, including powerful items and in-game content to help you in your journey and to enrich your adventures with various in-game items through our offer for Prime members only.

Additionally, any player that redeems 4 or more drops out of the 8 drops will receive a custom in-game reward at the end of the campaign.
Got the first one today and it was 60 primos, 8 purple xp books, and some bs food.

Curious to see what the "end" reward is. Probably a namecard.

*edit*

Also, we're finally getting leaks about Ayaka's costume. Supposedly it's 5* like Diluc's, so minor changes to skill effects.

They're comparing it to this character from Honkai, obviously more censored I'm sure. Also, she has a hat, supposedly a beret.
Grise-Impression-1024x475.jpg

Last edited:

ssringo

Gold Member
If you don't have Prime already just sign up for the 30 day trial. Get your codes and cancel.

Free primos are free primos yo.

Fuz

Banned
If you don't have Prime already just sign up for the 30 day trial. Get your codes and cancel.

Free primos are free primos yo.
How does it work? They give you a code after you sign up for prime?

I dunno. I hate prime, I would feel dirty.

ssringo

Gold Member
How does it work? They give you a code after you sign up for prime?

I dunno. I hate prime, I would feel dirty.
Sign up and navigate to the Prime gaming page, select Genshin Impact and get in game content. It'll give you a gift code to redeem.

Edit: might have to "activate" prime gaming. I had to before it'd let me get the code. Doesn't cost more. I think it's just disabled by default as not all Prime member care about the gaming stuff.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Pejo Pejo

Gonna roll, she looks fun as fuck to play. Don't care for meta. I'll wait for Frigg on normal banner and the new fire rifle lady, the rest isn't much interesting to me. And fuck spear Ayato.

Pejo

Pejo Pejo

Gonna roll, she looks fun as fuck to play. Don't care for meta. I'll wait for Frigg on normal banner and the new fire rifle lady, the rest isn't much interesting to me. And fuck spear Ayato.

I'm right on the edge of the teeter totter whether to quit the game or not. I fell behind the curve and it's impossible to get groups for anything now, and unlike Genshin, you can't just solo everything (unless you're a whale). I aggressively dislike the way the devs have handled the game, the speed up mechanics, the lack of f2p currency with the overlapping banners, nothing added to perma-banner, and the billion bugs. Also, I found out that Tencent is behind the game which makes things so crystal clear in retrospect. I haven't even done the 2.0 Vera story yet because dailies are so boring and wear me out that I don't even feel like logging in most days.

I'm surprised you haven't gotten sick of it yet tbh, you seem to have way less of a threshold for accepting developer bullshit than I do. The combat is great but everything else sucks donkey ass. We'll see though, I'll throw what I have left at Lyra and probably piss around if I actually get her for a few weeks.

So we're getting more accurate artist depictions of Ayaka's costume, and I hate it more and more with every one.

ws7au29p126a1.jpg

Who does this appeal to besides braindead redditors that froth at the mouth with any opportunity to give money to MHY? Gacha costumes have a science to it that's already been figured out, yet MHY keeps making these absolute shitty boring costumes then selling them for 20-30 dollars.

*edit*

Lisa's sketched with colors:
tn8jgyzcw26a1.jpg

Last edited:

Saber

Those skins looks a hell of lamish. If thats the level they gonna put on skins, they will probably be losing a good amount of money that could be used elsewhere.

Top Bottom