• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Saber

Unless its bugged, from the video I saw her bunny does not target anyone. Neither Yaoyao, neither enemies. Felt like it ramdomly spits this candy or whatever it is.
At first I though it only targets her, but the guy testing simply run towards the spitting direction.
I think we need more videos to check this out.
edit: last part this info is bogus. The description of the skill clearly says that if there are no enemies, it will target allies regardless of their hp.

Last edited:

Pejo

Holy shit, I can't believe Yaoyao's kit is really THAT bad.
3PE9o.gif

Edit:
So it was just another case of a leaker having no fucking idea how to show anything because they probably don't play the game.

Fuz

Banned
It is maddening. Why not try some multiplayer in the mean time?
My W:L ratio in Heartstone is embarassing.
2Rce3.gif

I'm hellbent in *not* following pro designed decks and just use the cards I like. I fucking hate who doesn't think for himself and mindlessly follow the herd.

Which, in the end, means that I suck at card games.
2Rce3.gif

Last edited:

Pejo

So apparently this orange soda xray leak type is just the "spines" of the L2D art that MHY uses in-game for the event UI, but it's without the art assets on top of it. That's why we get those now. They took out the art itself, but not the "spines" that layer the art.

Here's another one, showing us who's involved in upcoming lantern rite.

Still no Ayaka costume, but after Lisa's, I don't really care. They are never gonna do good skins for the females, so I'm not even gonna bother with it. More covered, more censored, that's the theme.

• Empathy
Reactions: Fuz

Nankatsu

Gold Member

Man his AA are really cool and spicy. Still no idea how you trigger those 90 degree brushes. Is it with his E maybe?

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
I like what I seeing from Alhaitham, but the CD is fucking brutal. Elemental Burst is OK, I guess? You get crystal if you have none. Going to start farming the old dendro artifact for him.

Yaoyao:
Throw Away Dirty Work GIF by MOODMAN

Fuz

Banned
(TCG) I decided I don't like anemo. Not my playstile. I find it too clunky. Gonna replace my Jean with something else... any suggestion? Team was Diluc+Ayaka+Jean.
Done some PvP matches, surprisingly won them all. People really suck. No rewards at all makes it pointless - I fucking hate that they trained me to expect rewards for gaming. Anyway, they could have least given out some coins, not many and maybe even with a weekly cap.

Btw, fuck dendro cube in abyss and the wolves. Fuck them. This is why I usually don't touch that shit.

Last edited:

Saber

So if Yao Yao is free on Latern Rite event, who is the 4 star coming with Alhaitham? Kaveh?

Probably Yaoyao. I mean even winning a free character, a player could still go for constelations.
She still looks terrible even for free though. Her burst chessuz...

Last edited:

Pejo

So if Yao Yao is free on Latern Rite event, who is the 4 star coming with Alhaitham? Kaveh?
It's not strictly free YaoYao, it'll be another one of those "Liyue 4 star character selector" like last year, but probably most people will pick YaoYao since nobody will have her by that point. But yea, it's only her for new 4*s for 3.4

Pejo

what is the problem with yaoyao? she seems good to me if you use hu tao or kuki.
I have 0 issue with her so far, but 100% issue with leakers not knowing how to demo her. I watched a 3 min video of one of them playing the new characters on the side of a hill in the desert for no reason so they kept clipping through the camera and you couldn't see shit. Leakers deserve to get their shit pushed in by MHY's legal team if they can't even use enough brain cells to show how a character actually work.

Dregnel

I have 0 issue with her so far, but 100% issue with leakers not knowing how to demo her. I watched a 3 min video of one of them playing the new characters on the side of a hill in the desert for no reason so they kept clipping through the camera and you couldn't see shit. Leakers deserve to get their shit pushed in by MHY's legal team if they can't even use enough brain cells to show how a character actually work.
well that is team china, those videos don't make sense, you can barely appreciate the animations.

Fake

Gold Member
what is the problem with yaoyao? she seems good to me if you use hu tao or kuki.

Het kit is pretty mix bag. Her burst almost do nothing.

For me my main problem is she being polearm. They really missed the opportunity of make her dendro catalyst.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
So depending on the number of mirrors Alhaitham has, his AA change? Pretty neat, considering you have up to 3 mirrors.

deanote666

So apparently this orange soda xray leak type is just the "spines" of the L2D art that MHY uses in-game for the event UI, but it's without the art assets on top of it. That's why we get those now. They took out the art itself, but not the "spines" that layer the art.

Here's another one, showing us who's involved in upcoming lantern rite.

Still no Ayaka costume, but after Lisa's, I don't really care. They are never gonna do good skins for the females, so I'm not even gonna bother with it. More covered, more censored, that's the theme.

To be fair, isn't Lisa's supposed to be an Akademiya uniform and those are covering robes?

So some here might know that I don't like Diluc that much as I find his kit very boring. So I have been ignoring him and any of his appearance during 50/50 loss. Today I was activating cons for Faruzan and Gorou and saw there was red mark on Diluc as well so did for him as well and found that he is C6 now. My first and only C6 5*. Does his C6 do anything great? I am not that into reading stuff and doing calculations kind of guy.

• Triggered
Reactions: Fuz

Pejo

So some here might know that I don't like Diluc that much as I find his kit very boring. So I have been ignoring him and any of his appearance during 50/50 loss. Today I was activating cons for Faruzan and Gorou and saw there was red mark on Diluc as well so did for him as well and found that he is C6 now. My first and only C6 5*. Does his C6 do anything great? I am not that into reading stuff and doing calculations kind of guy.
There was talk at launch that by C6 he doubles his C0 damage, but that was so long ago, I'm not sure if it's actually true.

Pejo

*edit* - Cleaning up, I had to post the code on mobile earlier. Here's a new code, the link below will take you to the redemption page with the code pre-filled.

2T9AUV3YPV49 - 10,000 Mora, 10 Adventurer's Experience, 5 Fine Enhancement Ore, 5 Sweet Madame and 5 Tea Break Pancake

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Played my first TGC matches. It's no Gwent or Marvel Snap, I think it's slighty more confusing tbh, but for what it is and offers its a nice addition to the game itself.

I like how they blend this mode with Genshi's world and didn't make it 100% pvp.

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
What I need:
- Sayu C6
- Razor C6
- Colei C6

Its hard to imagine Colei into Alhaitham banner because Yaoyao will be there I guess? Unless 2 of 4* dendro in the same banner. Razor in the dendro banner is fair enough.

Saber

Its ok if you like, but she seems bad for me. Low damage and could be inconsistent in battle since she will try to heal instead of damage enemies, depending on your health. Also her burst looks absolutelly lazy, like wtf. Its just an improved version of her skill with again low scales and dendro resist to kinda justify. Fishlz is miles better with more damage and deploying Oz as skill, which also is miles better of damage and electro aplication.
These are my cents, there are way better 4 star characters imo.

Pejo

Its ok if you like, but she seems bad for me. Low damage and could be inconsistent in battle since she will try to heal instead of damage enemies, depending on your health. Also her burst looks absolutelly lazy, like wtf. Its just an improved version of her skill with again low scales and dendro resist to kinda justify. Fishlz is miles better with more damage and deploying Oz as skill, which also is miles better of damage and electro aplication.
These are my cents, there are way better 4 star characters imo.
At least she's a healer, so she can fit into teams sometimes just because of that. The only healer we've got that I haven't been able to make use of so far is Dori, simply because Shinobu exists and does her job 100x better.

Even Jean vs. Sayu has some advantages vs. disadvantages, but Dori is a straight downgrade in any conceivable way.

Fake

Gold Member
What's wrong with polearm? Her kit would be the same either way, you're gonna swap her in, use her skill, swap her out.

- I lose much interess into polearm (since Xiao, polearm users are terrible slow attacking).
- I have terrible polearms weapons
- Lack of sacrifice polearm is a dealbreaker for me
- I guess they loss the oportunity of making Yaoyao doll attacking with the same design as her basic attack IF she was be catalyst. IMO would be very fun both her doll and Yaoyao attacking with the same projectile.

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
- I lose much interess into polearm (since Xiao, polearm users are terrible slow attacking).
- I have terrible polearms weapons
- Lack of sacrifice polearm is a dealbreaker for me
- I guess they loss the oportunity of making Yaoyao doll attacking with the same design as her basic attack IF she was be catalyst. IMO would be very fun both her doll and Yaoyao attacking with the same projectile.

There's really only one polearm user you need.

Zhongli GIF

Pejo

Well, so much for my hope that Scara's banner wouldn't be a big success so they'd stop nerfing 4*s and making twinks.

xryrmr2ake5a1.png

Top 5 banners after 10 days. Not exactly lightning in a bottle like Shogun or Yoimiya/kusanali, but they did well enough that they have no reason to change their shitty kit designs.

Sitting and praying that we get some positive Dehya leaks. That's the last thing that can save 3.x for me as far as characters. What we have left that we know for sure is Kaveh, YaoYao, Alhaitham (pretty cool), Dehya, Mika, and some unnamed 4* female. I'll be honest, the 5*s outside of Kusanali haven't been stellar in 3.x. I like Cyno a lot, but he's a real pain to use in any composition that isn't strictly for killing a boss in ~15 seconds. Shame Candace is nearly unusable, I really want to fit her in somewhere, but she just makes any team worse.

It's kinda weird in that the quality of the game is getting better, but the characters, in both kits and design, are getting significantly worse over time.

On the upside, the top 3 is still dominated by "meta" waifus. I see that as a win.

Do we have numbers on (active) player counts? It's hard to compare early banners with new ones. People seem to be willing to dish out more cash in any case.

Saber

Dunno about you guys, but I feel like they put alot of resources on Scara. So I believe if people wants buffs they will put on him.
On a sidenote I do feel like they gonna slowdown the 5-star complex kit design after that until they overhype a new character later in the game.

Last edited:

Pejo

Dunno about you guys, but I feel like they put alot of resources on Scara. So I believe if people wants buffs they will put on him.
On a sidenote I do feel like they gonna slowdown the 5-star complex kit design after that until they overhype a new character later in the game.
Yea, I don't really get it, but they went all out promoting him and giving him several buffs during beta. I obviously don't have access to internal data, but I just can't imagine that he was THAT popular among players to deserve all the extra effort.
On the upside, the top 3 is still dominated by "meta" waifus. I see that as a win.
I suppose. Shogun seems to print money whenever she runs. I wonder how her 2nd rerun will do next patch.
Do we have numbers on (active) player counts? It's hard to compare early banners with new ones. People seem to be willing to dish out more cash in any case.
I was wondering about this too. Have we snowballed our playerbase or have they just been really effective at converting F2P into spenders? Maybe Constellations look better to the average player now than they used to. That's kind of insidious though because some characters are a lot worse at c0. Look at Alhaitham's current kit. If you don't have C2, good luck using him as a carry.

crumbs

Getting caught up on the latest version after work travel last week kept me from playing much recently.

- I had been worried that Scaramouche would be fun to play and I would feel the need to pull for him even though I don't like his design. I guess my worries were unfounded because I'm finding him pretty boring after sampling his trial and using him in the latest Misty Dungeon event. He floats and has a pretty basic 3 hit combo. Wow :messenger_neutral:
- The TCG seems fine, but probably isn't my cup of tea. I'm finding it rather time consuming and I don't have a lot of extra time at the moment, so maybe I'll enjoy it more down the road.
- This feels like the first filler-ish version in the 3.x series. Already looking forward to v3.4 with the new Sumeru region.

Pejo

Getting caught up on the latest version after work travel last week kept me from playing much recently.

- I had been worried that Scaramouche would be fun to play and I would feel the need to pull for him even though I don't like his design. I guess my worries were unfounded because I'm finding him pretty boring after sampling his trial and using him in the latest Misty Dungeon event. He floats and has a pretty basic 3 hit combo. Wow :messenger_neutral:
- The TCG seems fine, but probably isn't my cup of tea. I'm finding it rather time consuming and I don't have a lot of extra time at the moment, so maybe I'll enjoy it more down the road.
- This feels like the first filler-ish version in the 3.x series. Already looking forward to v3.4 with the new Sumeru region.
Agree on all points, except I actually like the TCG. My issue with it, like you, is that I don't have much time lately to dig into it, and the games take a bit too long, and the controls are really clunky if you play with a controller.

The meat of the game itself I enjoy. I wish there was a better way to unlock cards than the current system though. At the very least after the tutorial they should have let you pick 3 character cards that you actually want.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Scara is kind of a fuckup. He seems kind of strong (I have him kind of not equipped and still dishes out some damage), but his flying ability can't be used mid jump, it lasts WAY too short and the elemental absorption is too cumbersome to use, especially considering the short duration. They just castrated him too much to avoid making him a new Kazuha.

By the by: I find him actually fun to play in the overworld, the trial sold him short.

Last edited:
Top Bottom