• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Fake

Gold Member
My farming for Guilded Dreams Alhaitham is looking good. Currently sitting at 130% Crit Damage, 58% Crit Rate and 400 EM, without any weapon equipped.

Only stinker I have is the feather, which has two DEF stats on it, but luckily it rolled most of the times on Crit Rate and Crit Damage.

I'll really need his signature weapon, otherwise the build goes bananas.

IDK if even his signature weapon will be the better. Both his Elemental Skill and Elemental Burst scales pretty decent with EM, so if I would guess the 5* sword with EM can do a decent damage for him, not to mention most of his cons are Elemental Master related.

Fuz

Banned
road-map-of-3-4-syp-v0-qo4qraxu7n6a1.png
18th January is just the Lantern Rite I gues...?
Banner doesn't drop on that date, right?

Pejo

Layla official birthday art. This is probably the last we'll officially see of Layla until her birthday next year, so soak it in if you like her.

FkT_NZIXkAUeA5Z.jpg

Nankatsu

Gold Member
The way I see, they're adressing the point of my previous post.

Nerfing Elemental Master from his kit will force people into his 5* sword.
Well, his weapon also got nerfed.

159nvbh9hu6a1.png

Went from 200% of EM into 120%. Damage instances increased from 16 to 28.

Only reason I find for this is that Kaveh was in the beta and Mihoyo listened to his feedback only.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Just got my pity on standard banner at 81 wishes.

Skyward Harp, which of course it was one of the only 3 5★ weapons I had.
NZZ89.gif

I have it on Venti... kinda unused tbh. Refine or use on someone else?

Fake

Gold Member

159nvbh9hu6a1.png

Only reason I find for this is that Kaveh was in the beta and Mihoyo listened to his feedback only.

Nerfing around EM leave people without questioning the EM nerf in general.

The weapon will still do favors. Probably leaving 4* weapons out of option.

Fake

Gold Member

NZZ89.gif

I would use on someone else. Venti don't need Skyward to work and ER is his meta.

Well, will depends of what other option do you have/play.

NZZ89.gif

I'd hold onto it. With its crit rate and crit dmg and high attack stat, it can be used on virtually any bow DPS as a stat stick.

Pejo

NZZ89.gif

It's probably one of the best universal bows, mostly just used as a stat stick. High base atk, crit substat. The passive is lame by today's standards but inoffensive.

159nvbh9hu6a1.png

This is just... damn.

This is the kind of nerfing they do when a character will sell on popularity alone, and doesn't need to be strong. Usually reserved for attractive 5* females, but apparently since Alhaitham isn't a twink and hyper focused for twink lovers, they felt it was time to swing the nerf bat. Joking aside, based on the retardedly high numbers that existing characters can get off of "Spread" reaction, and considering he had infusion, those older numbers were probably overtuned quite a bit.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
The nerf is insane, the one thing missing is changing him from a 5* to a 4*.

I don't remember a character that got so axed like him. Zhongli got buffed because he was weak in the first place, but this...

According to what I've read, these nerfs would cut his dmg by about 20%. Some say Tighnari is stronger now, but who knows. All of this theorycrafting is just that. It's still unclear how he will actually perform with decent gear because beta testers are morons. They called Ganyu cryo Amber before she released way back when. Don't write off characters because of pre-release stuff.

I saw leaks of Dehya supposedly scaling off def, with her signature weapon converting def into EM. That doesn't sound great. I have no gear for a character like that. Hopefully it's fake.

Pejo

I am all for powercreep characters. Genshin neutered their endgame so there's no need to worry so much about balance anymore other than lolAbyss. But those are some massive nerfs, so I'm guessing the results fell vastly out of line with what they were expecting for him. Just be grateful they didn't just extend his cooldowns or give him a 90 energy burst or something that would really ruin the character by making him unfun to play.

Updated list of Harbinger rankings. Interesting that 10 is blank, wonder who the traitor is going to end up being. Also, what are our current thoughts on Snekboi Baizhu actually being Pantalone? I mean the characters practically look identical. I'm guessing either it's him or a twin brother or something.
v4zf3h8hzu6a1.jpg

SSfox

NZZ89.gif

I think i would refine personally. Only weapon i woudn't refine would be Homa. And maybe Misplitter.

Fuz

Banned
I think i would refine personally. Only weapon i woudn't refine would be Homa. And maybe Misplitter.
Leaning toward refining too, I never used two bows in the same team and I don't think I ever will. I can just swap it around (won't do lol too lazy).

Last edited:

Pejo

Leaning toward refining too, I never used two bows in the same team and I don't think I ever will. I can just swap it around (won't do lol too lazy).
Losing a great stat stick for future bow ATK based buffers (like Sara) or any bow attacker you might use just for 5% crit damage? I sure as hell wouldn't do it, but you do you.

SSfox

This, the chances of using two characters that need this bow in same team are super low or nonsexitent, also you're gonna make the wielder even stronger by refining, plus it take insane amount of materials to lvl to 90, i personally rather spent it to upgrade a brand new weapon (unless you're whale but that's another story)

Homa is like the special rare case imo, since it's BiS on both HT and Z and usually you're gonna play both in same team.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fuz

Fuz

Banned
Losing a great stat stick for future bow ATK based buffers (like Sara) or any bow attacker you might use just for 5% crit damage? I sure as hell wouldn't do it, but you do you.
I mean, am I ever gonna use Sara with another bow character in the same team?

Pejo

I mean, am I ever gonna use Sara with another bow character in the same team?
One of my best teams for general content is Childe/Yoimiya/Beidou/Diona, so I can't say it definitely won't happen. Refining 5* weapons is basically for megawhales and deanote666 deanote666

The only ones I could see refining 'just because' are the truly awful 5* weapons like skyward polearm or either of the 2 standard pool 5* books, which usually get outclassed by the Widsth or sometimes even 3* weapons. But I have my own weird hangups about never swapping a weapon around for different teams/characters, so it could just be my own thing.

Saber

I saw leaks of Dehya supposedly scaling off def, with her signature weapon converting def into EM. That doesn't sound great. I have no gear for a character like that. Hopefully it's fake.

Chessuz, what the heck?

Is all this because of Scara? I still hope her kit will be something to work with...because thats doesn't look good at all.

Pejo

According to what I've read, these nerfs would cut his dmg by about 20%. Some say Tighnari is stronger now, but who knows. All of this theorycrafting is just that. It's still unclear how he will actually perform with decent gear because beta testers are morons. They called Ganyu cryo Amber before she released way back when. Don't write off characters because of pre-release stuff.

Where did you see these leaks anyways? They're not on the leaks subreddit that I can see.

Well, at least DEF is easy to build.
Split scaling always sucks. We would need def, EM, crit and perhaps some ER and atk% too. It also restricts her weapon options.

Those leaks were from 4chan's dedicated Genshin thread. Just a pic with some Chinese gibberish with the translation under it. It was brought up within the context of Alhaitham's nerfs, and how Dehya fans had already made peace with her crappy kit. Take with a grain of salt like any early leak.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
1rntu4sdjx6a1.jpeg

Apparently Alhaitham is treading on Weibo, so maybe our chinese friends rant about him enough for Hoyo to buff the man back up.

• Praise the Sun
Reactions: Fuz

Pejo

Split scaling always sucks. We would need def, EM, crit and perhaps some ER and atk% too. It also restricts her weapon options.

Those leaks were from 4chan's dedicated Genshin thread. Just a pic with some Chinese gibberish with the translation under it. It was brought up within the context of Alhaitham's nerfs, and how Dehya fans had already made peace with her crappy kit. Take with a grain of salt like any early leak.
Well i'll go ahead and hook up my tank of copium and hope that it was just shitposters then. I don't fucking get MHY at all, their character kit design team lost their fucking way hard.

deanote666

One of my best teams for general content is Childe/Yoimiya/Beidou/Diona, so I can't say it definitely won't happen. Refining 5* weapons is basically for megawhales and deanote666 deanote666

The only ones I could see refining 'just because' are the truly awful 5* weapons like skyward polearm or either of the 2 standard pool 5* books, which usually get outclassed by the Widsth or sometimes even 3* weapons. But I have my own weird hangups about never swapping a weapon around for different teams/characters, so it could just be my own thing.
I've actually never refined a 5* weapon. Got a couple dupes on non-skyward weapons but couldn't bring myself to lose one because it could be perfectfor that one character in the future.

I level up a weapon and artifacts for each character and leave it on them.
Well, at least DEF is easy to build.
Until you need Def artifacts and it will become the rarest trait.

Happened when I was building Candace with HP.

Fake

Gold Member
DEF always sucks no matter what. Would require creating a passive that reverse your ATK% into DEF% as requeriment for every status.

edit: Looks like Yelan have nails. Game changer.
wb1qv75upv6a1.jpg

priorities

Last edited:

Pejo

I've actually never refined a 5* weapon. Got a couple dupes on non-skyward weapons but couldn't bring myself to lose one because it could be perfectfor that one character in the future.

I level up a weapon and artifacts for each character and leave it on them.
Mostly just busting your balls for being one of the only regular weapon banner rollers I know.
DEF always sucks no matter what. Would require creating a passive that reverse your ATK% into DEF% as requeriment for every status.

edit: Looks like Yelan have nails. Game changer.
wb1qv75upv6a1.jpg

priorities
#bringbackthebellybutton

Pretty good Ganyu cosplay:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
21zy67nt517a1.jpg

Apparently in chinese social media networks, when you wanna laugh, instead of the typical "lol" you also use "233", because when said they sound the same.

And the chinese community is getting triggered because Hoyo casually changed one of his values to 233.

Drama is getting good.

Drama Monkey GIF

Last edited:

Pejo

21zy67nt517a1.jpg

Apparently in chinese social media networks, when you wanna laugh, instead of the typical "lol" you also use "233", because when said they sound the same.

And the chinese community is getting triggered because Hoyo casually changed one of his values to 233.

Drama is getting good.

Drama Monkey GIF
Totally sounds reasonable like something CN developers would do to their own fans completely unprovoked, and not like a huge reach by mentally unstable gacha fans.

Nothing makes devs happier than pissing off their local fanbases when everything is going pretty smoothly.

Top Bottom