• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Pejo

It's amazing how people in co-op don't understand the basics of team building. :pie_thinking:
The only thing I ever reliably did co-op used to be the Mondstadt talent domain with the falling ice/stamina drain. Mostly because the only Pyro character I had built was Yoimiya which took a very long time to clear the domain due to being strictly single target. In Co-Op, I constantly picked my C2 Zhongli not because I have fun playing him, but because over 75% of the other players would die if I didn't. Eventually I just bit the bullet and built my Diluc up to "okay" levels just for that domain because I got tired of dealing with other people and how absolutely pants on head stupid they were.

While I was playing co-op, I was shocked and appalled with how many Venti/Xiao/Shogun/Diona players I grouped up with in that domain. Diona i kinda get because of the 250% effective ice shield and heals, but she contributes nothing to damage or shield breaking. Shogun's skill doesn't proc against shielded enemies, and surprise, every enemy in that domain has a shield. The Anemo bois did nothing but swirl Cryo the whole time against Cryo shields. Several times I typed in the chat "don't bring heals, my Zhongli can shield all, bring Pyro" and everybody ignored me. It's just that kind of game when they make the barrier to entry/gameplay so low. I can't imagine co-oping the more challenging fights in this game with all the lukewarm IQs floating about.
WHAT I LEARNED SO FAR FROM MY MANY CO-OP GAMES
- Anyone named "Aether" or "Lumine" is a complete moron.
"Traveler" or "Tabibito" too.
- Russians are quite often very toxic, uncooperative and the worst kind of stupid.
Being on Americas servers, I never had the pleasure of playing with Russians.
- Asian players are the best ones.
Always. Pretty much across the board. I am a long-standing MMO player and any opportunity I had to group with Asian players, it was usually worthwhile to do it. You knew you "made it" in old FFXI when a JP group invited you to level or fight bosses with them.

The real wildcard for Americas is some of the South American players. I have had both supremely good and supremely bad experiences with them.

But nothing is worse than the US pronoun crew.

• Treasure
Reactions: Fuz

Fuz

Banned
But nothing is worse than the US pronoun crew.
THANK GOD I don't have to suffer them, or I would pick a fight every fucking match.

And fuck american translators too. Thanks for the cue, mate.
Porcoddio-translators.jpg

This is 100% propaganda on an weak, impressionable audience.

Btw, PSA.
DioCane.jpg

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Always. Pretty much across the board. I am a long-standing MMO player and any opportunity I had to group with Asian players, it was usually worthwhile to do it. You knew you "made it" in old FFXI when a JP group invited you to level or fight bosses with them.
They're just wired to be teamplayers culturally, while we westerners are more about personal ego.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Started my first fontaine world quest after I finished the archon quest...and got paired with the one about the princess and the animal adventure crew.

My head already:

Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

We back to shitty writing that nobody cares, great.

Last edited:

Pejo

Started my first fontaine world quest after I finished the archon quest...and got paired with the one about the princess and the animal adventure crew.

My head already:

Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

We back to shitty writing that nobody cares, great.
That one at least takes you to some interesting places and ties in to the overall story of Fontaine. I just stumbled into a quest chain about bureaucracy being boring and slow and making things take way longer than necessary. And they hammer it in by SHOWING you and making you read through 239842 NPC dialogues about NOTHING. 3 quests in a row, not even daily reset time gated, if you can stomach all of that shit in a row.

Also, make sure you guys talk to the fisher vendor lady and then fish up at least 1 fish from the spot beside her. It starts an untracked quest chain which seems to be daily reset gated like the blubberbeast one.

deanote666

Done with the archon quest \[✝]/

That was a really good quest chain. Didn't expect it to be so grim overall and to end like that for Vacher. Pleasantly surprised. Again, really good characters. I like Navia's personality and even her design isn't bad. Focalors is unique and interesting let's hope they don't screw her kit and Neuvillette is more likeable than I first thought except the voice.*
What the fuck were the charges to Childe anyway? I find it the lowest point of the quest to be so generic and giving nothing about it. HE BAD MAN! Stuuuuuupid. Neuvillette stopping him in a single blow is also stupid and a very shitty way to promote the character's banner.
Question: I don't get why he needed to incriminate Lyney. What did I miss?
fu2FCWJ.gif

Also really liking the exploration, so far it feels MUCH smoother than fucking sumeru and its endless canyons and caves. Closer to Mondstadt than Sumeru, for suremeru.

* forgot Clorinde. She's just another Sara. Fuck her chosen design. I'm more salty than I should be about it.
To be honest, we've been curb stomping him for 2 years.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
That one at least takes you to some interesting places and ties in to the overall story of Fontaine. I just stumbled into a quest chain about bureaucracy being boring and slow and making things take way longer than necessary. And they hammer it in by SHOWING you and making you read through 239842 NPC dialogues about NOTHING. 3 quests in a row, not even daily reset time gated, if you can stomach all of that shit in a row.

Also, make sure you guys talk to the fisher vendor lady and then fish up at least 1 fish from the spot beside her. It starts an untracked quest chain which seems to be daily reset gated like the blubberbeast one.
You're not a boar, you're a dog.

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

Fuz

Banned
I stay far from co-op. It's faster just to run domains solo with a well-built team. But I don't mind letting people into my world to gather materials/ingredients.
Faster friendship building in co-op, also
Wait, what? I talked with her but I don't remember a quest.

Last edited:

Pejo

Faster friendship building in co-op, also

Wait, what? I talked with her but I don't remember a quest.
Did you catch a fish at the fishing spot next to her? I'm pretty sure that's what triggered the quest for me. I'm on day 3 of it now.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I had enough free primo gems saved up, I did another 10-pull on the main gatcha banner (the red/fire one?)

I got 4 copies of the 4* character Lynette (which I already had because I think the game gives her to you for free). Felt like I was having a stroke since she just kept popping up over and over again. I'm guessing that's not normal, and the odds of it happening like that are probably a bajillion to one.

Fuz

Banned
I got 4 copies of the 4* character Lynette (which I already had because I think the game gives her to you for free). Felt like I was having a stroke since she just kept popping up over and over again. I'm guessing that's not normal, and the odds of it happening like that are probably a bajillion to one.
Machines can't do true random. They're driven by math.
Man, I flamed so much about this on reddit...
There's always a "seed" in the random number generator that it gets used for the results, and that could screw the program up and remove the illusion of randomness.
This is why we see those "a bajillion to one" happen so often. And this is why RNGs are never fair.

When you start seeing patterns stop pulling and wait. It might not do anything, but you never know.

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Machines can't do true random. They're driven by math.
Man, I flamed so much about this on reddit...
There's always a "seed" in the random number generator that it gets used for the results, and that could screw the program up and remove the illusion of randomness.
This is why we see those "a bajillion to one" happen so often. And this is why RNGs are never fair.

When you start seeing patterns stop pulling and wait. It might not do anything, but you never know.
Off-topic:

This is my story in DBZ: Dokkan Battle.

During last month's 8th Anniversary I got the same unit 8 times before I could get the new featured one that I wanted from the banner :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:
Got Yelan while the site was down
Also that little Chinese singing girl from Liyue
Almost have Kokomi to 80.

The biggest surprise right now has been Beidou… spent the stardust I had been saving ever since I started and was like why not? Her burst is really nice like electric version of Xingling , but what I noticed the most is how good her counter skill is at dropping elemental shields. It’s like 1 counter hit and gone.

Currently running Elua as infield dps, with Xingling (pure dmg support), Beidou (pure dmg support) and Kokomi (TTDS) providing buffs/heals/freeze. everyone is running at least some ER% it’s nice nearly always having something for Eula to interact with. Having all 3 support bursts out and Eula attacking just melts life bars, it’s hilarious.
This team has been a giant leap forward in power and effectiveness.

Slowly building up Bennett and now Yelan too. It looks like they will both boost damage when they are done will try them with Eula and see how that works. Not sure who will be the 4th in the team tho. Eula, Yelan, Bennet….
Xingling or Rosaria I guess, or just Kokomi again because why not. Each will match someone already in the group so no matter what I’ll get some resonance out of it.

Last edited:
  • Praise the Sun
Reactions: Fuz

Pejo

I had enough free primo gems saved up, I did another 10-pull on the main gatcha banner (the red/fire one?)

Not sure if you're planning on playing longer term or whatever, but if you might continue, it's probably a good idea to save those resources for a character that you really like/want to play. Like any gacha game, they come fast and frequent in the beginning, and then when you run out it gets scarce. Also, you are guaranteed at least 1 4* character or weapon after every 10 draws, if you didn't get one before the 10th, so while unlikely, not unheard of.
I *think* I did all the fishing spots so far. I'll try fishing there later on.
I mean there's one literally right beside where she's standing. After I caught a fish at that specific spot, she yelled in world (text in the bottom center of the screen) chat that you really caught a "linebreaker" (her word for fish).

Got Yelan while the site was down
Also that little Chinese singing girl from Liyue
Almost have Kokomi to 80.
Noice Thats Nice GIF

The biggest surprise right now has been Beidou… spent the stardust I had been saving ever since I started and was like why not? Her burst is really nice like electric version of Xingling , but what I noticed the most is how good her counter skill is at dropping elemental shields. It’s like 1 counter hit and gone.
That stops happening when you raise your world level more. It's still fun to use but not a shield melter like early days. I dunno if you know this, but there are specific elements that "counter" certain elemental shields better than the rest. Like Hydro is strong vs. Pyro shield, Pyro vs Cryo, Cryo vs. Electro, etc where using the correct element will take more shield damage off than with other damage sources. Also, claymores will whittle any elemental shield down a little bit, and Geo is basically like that too. Dendro does a passable job against Electro shields if you would rather use that than Cryo. Only claymores and sometimes Geo are effective against Geo shield (think of things that can mine ore and that's the giveaway).

Beidou is strong for her burst. It surprisingly has one of the highest damage values in the game over its duration, so it's deceptively strong. It also creates a kind of weak shield, but a shield nonetheless. I don't remember if that's tied to a constellation or not though.
Currently running Elua as infield dps, with Xingling (pure dmg support), Beidou (pure dmg support) and Kokomi (TTDS) providing buffs/heals/freeze. everyone is running at least some ER% it’s nice nearly always having something for Eula to interact with. Having all 3 support bursts out and Eula attacking just melts life bars, it’s hilarious.
This team has been a giant leap forward in power and effectiveness.

Slowly building up Bennett and now Yelan too. It looks like they will both boost damage when they are done will try them with Eula and see how that works. Not sure who will be the 4th in the team tho. Eula, Yelan, Bennet….
Xingling or Rosaria I guess, or just Kokomi again because why not. Each will match someone already in the group so no matter what I’ll get some resonance out of it.
If you are "maining" Eula, you always want an electro in the party. Eula's Cryo + any Electro causes Superconduct which reduces the Physical damage resistance of whatever it hits, and lasts for like ~10 seconds or something I want to say. It's basically the only way that Physical damage can stay in the ballgame most times. Good supports for her are Fischl, Raiden Shogun, Shinobu, etc. Beidou can also work but you want to have good Energy Recharge stats on her becauase her Burst is her only consistent source of Electro. After you get Lisa with a few constellations and ascension passives, she becomes a nice support during her Burst for bosses. It's slow to charge it, but it lasts a long time and applies Electro frequently AND decreases DEF (not resistance). We still only have a handful of characters that can reduce enemy DEF in the entire game, and it stacks with resistance debuffs and causes all sources of damage to increase. I use Lisa in my Eula team so I can see the big peepee damage numbers when I'm farming material bosses. I commonly get 600,000~ damage when the sword falls with that setup.

Anyways, in other news, how are you guys doing in Fontaine? I'm wrapping things up for 4.0. I'm wondering if I'm missing one little area with several chests or many spread out single chests. Hoping for the former, expecting the latter. I haven't used the interactive map or any guides or anything so far, but the last 5% is about where I run out of steam from just roaming the area over and over again. Also did all 7 of the open-world superbosses. The underwater ones were neat to teach you the mechanics of the underwater combat powers we currently have access to. The on-ground ones were boring. Yoimiya was basically designed for those fights, she decimated the Eidolons.
Y3anRXJ.jpg

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Pejo Pejo completed the Princess and Animal squad quest...and...

It kind end in a darkish way? Also the book is a copy from Winnie the Poo lol

Pejo

Pejo Pejo completed the Princess and Animal squad quest...and...

It kind end in a darkish way? Also the book is a copy from Winnie the Poo lol
What I think is fascinating about that quest is that It ties in with a few of the other world quests in Fontaine, and all comes together by the end of what's available in 4.0. Also, that's not the end.
Basically Ann is created by one of the Narschitzenbitchz crew after she turns into an Oceanid, which up until that point hadn't happened with any Oceanid. Most of them were just personality splits that could only mimic or guess at how things were supposed to feel/play out. Thus the retarded animals in Ann's quest.. Ann had her own emotions/ideas/desires independent of Mary Ann, the scientist-turned Oceanid that you met below the school.

Anyways, I won't spoil the rest of that and how it comes together, but check out the Melusine village and Virgil questlines and let me know when you're caught up with those. This is one of the worst parts about spamming new areas, I have nobody to talk to about big lore drops until weeks later. I'm still trying to find a way to get back into the area where Mary Ann was chilling. I see it on the map but I'll be damned if they didn't lock us out after she flushed the toilet and we went flying outta there.
Angry He Man GIF

*edit*

Just finished Lyney's story quest. Not bad, still not pulling for him though. I think the writers made a few big mistakes in how they built the narrative in that story, but considering that Lyney and Lynette are probably gonna be shoveled off for the rest of 4.x until Arlecchino shows up and kills one or both of them, (just my own personal guess) it was enjoyable enough.

Man Fontaine is really hitting with the heavier themes in the main voiced content. Usually they lock it away with me and the other subhumans that actually read their text puke "books". I mean it's not exactly shock gore stuff but it's a whole level above the usual main story content. Until this point, the worst we got was probably Nahida being stuck in her Samsara or one of the Katherynes getting stabbed. It feels like they are definitely gearing up and setting the scene for a non-NPC character to die or have something worse happen to one of them though.

I hope it's not Furina.

Last edited:
Anyways, in other news, how are you guys doing in Fontaine? I'm wrapping things up for 4.0. I'm wondering if I'm missing one little area with several chests or many spread out single chests. Hoping for the former, expecting the latter. I haven't used the interactive map or any guides or anything so far, but the last 5% is about where I run out of steam from just roaming the area over and over again. Also did all 7 of the open-world superbosses. The underwater ones were neat to teach you the mechanics of the underwater combat powers we currently have access to. The on-ground ones were boring. Yoimiya was basically designed for those fights, she decimated the Eidolons.
I think I did all the major quests except for Lyney's. I'm currently wrapping up on exploration (Most areas are at around 85%) and fishing for the new weapon's refinements. I really miss the treasure compass in situations like this. Maybe they should make these even more regional so they function like the one from the theme park event.

I did do a few of those bosses. They're a good addition but somewhat simplistic. I thought they'd be wandering around the map, but instead they're mostly just overpowered enemies that spawn in specific locations. Not sure I got all of them yet. I ended up beating those Eidolons with my Nilou bloom team. On my phone.

What I think is fascinating about that quest is that It ties in with a few of the other world quests in Fontaine, and all comes together by the end of what's available in 4.0. Also, that's not the end.
Basically Ann is created by one of the Narschitzenbitchz crew after she turns into an Oceanid, which up until that point hadn't happened with any Oceanid. Most of them were just personality splits that could only mimic or guess at how things were supposed to feel/play out. Thus the retarded animals in Ann's quest.. Ann had her own emotions/ideas/desires independent of Mary Ann, the scientist-turned Oceanid that you met below the school.

Anyways, I won't spoil the rest of that and how it comes together, but check out the Melusine village and Virgil questlines and let me know when you're caught up with those. This is one of the worst parts about spamming new areas, I have nobody to talk to about big lore drops until weeks later. I'm still trying to find a way to get back into the area where Mary Ann was chilling. I see it on the map but I'll be damned if they didn't lock us out after she flushed the toilet and we went flying outta there.
Did you find that secret room the robot dog was looking for yet? Some cool revelations there too. It also let's you gain access to a secret lab, where you find those purple summoning circles that some of those Eidolon bosses can be found sitting on. Maybe they're the deformed Oceanids IE failed experiments? There's some red ores in that lab too that look like the ones from Dragonspine, but maybe they're supposed to be from within Elynas' corpse.

I still don't fully understand the story. But they're purposefully keeping certain things a secret to be revealed later. I just don't know that I will still remember all this months from now. It's very complex and so meany thing weave into stuff that was revealed years ago. It's hard to keep track of.

deanote666

- Anyone named "Aether" or "Lumine" is a complete moron.
I3EBRhn.jpg

I'll try and not take that personally.

In the water southwest of the opera house, there's a chest in the water you need to drop in on top of. Currently only accessible if you have a fontaine character jumping out of the water or if you have good aim gliding from the opera house.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
I mean there's one literally right beside where she's standing. After I caught a fish at that specific spot, she yelled in world (text in the bottom center of the screen) chat that you really caught a "linebreaker" (her word for fish).
Yeah, I solved the problem and the solution was the most common one: I'm stupid.
c4v5d2J.gif

I've done all the other fishing spot but didn't see that one right next to her.
cikYa.gif

I3EBRhn.jpg

In the water southwest of the opera house, there's a chest in the water you need to drop in on top of. Currently only accessible if you have a fontaine character jumping out of the water or if you have good aim gliding from the opera house.
See, you're using katakanas, I wouldn't kick you out of my group.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Just finished Lyney's story quest. Not bad, still not pulling for him though. I think the writers made a few big mistakes in how they built the narrative in that story, but considering that Lyney and Lynette are probably gonna be shoveled off for the rest of 4.x until Arlecchino shows up and kills one or both of them, (just my own personal guess) it was enjoyable enough.
None of the playable characters will ever die.

Oh, and I've done all those quests... you can talk lore to me. I'll just won't understand you nevertheless.

Did you find that secret room the robot dog was looking for yet? Some cool revelations there too. It also let's you gain access to a secret lab, where you find those purple summoning circles that some of those Eidolon bosses can be found sitting on. Maybe they're the deformed Oceanids IE failed experiments? There's some red ores in that lab too that look like the ones from Dragonspine, but maybe they're supposed to be from within Elynas' corpse.
Details please. Where do I find it?

Last edited:

deanote666

Oh, and I've done all those quests... you can talk lore to me. I'll just won't understand you nevertheless.

Details please. Where do I find it?
Virgil quest. There's a point were you need to break glass. After you break the glass, you can go back to that room and read the book in that room.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Virgil quest. There's a point were you need to break glass. After you break the glass, you can go back to that room and read the book in that room.
I remember breaking the glass but fuck me if I remember where I was.
This is the result of ceaselessly bombarding me with paimonologues.

deanote666

Something I came across linking HI3 and Genshin together. Maybe someone playing HI3 can let us know if it's accurate. I didn't write it. Will include reddit link to original post but not sure if it will work.

One of the major theories, backed by in game lore from both games, is that two or three of the “flamechasers” from Honkai Impact are associated with the birth of Teyvat. Teyvat, which translates into ark, is likely the product of Project Ark - intended to find or create a place habitable for humans safe from Honkai. The project was deserted because they lost contact. Then, later, a villain took over the project (Hoyo confirmed him remotely watching Dvalin) and this is most likely associated with the Khanriah incident but not the origins.

Here’s what we know summarized. Initially, the flamechaser Vill-V created the helix craft and was going to send Kosma in it alone for Project Ark. that version of the spaceship only had one space. Then Griseo, who most think is the primordial being, is on record saying she wants to take his place so he will not be lonely. However, I do not think we can rule out the possibility that they both didn’t go, even if at different times.

Here’s where it gets interesting. All of the flamechasers are “mantis”, meaning they were fused with a Honkai beast. For example, Kosma was fused with Vishnu and could grow into a whole world itself……… Vishnu is also associated with storms - they are Vedic mythology. Anywho, Kosma’s mantis surgery had severe affects on his physical form. I did a brief search the other day for a refresher but didn’t have the time to dig deep and find enough info. Perhaps the two body theory could actually be explained by Kosma being the primordial being and ultimately the heart? Or just in some way overgrown into two sets of internal body structure due to his body housing two creatures unnaturally. And then Griseo of the stars, with the ability to paint anything into being, more closely associated with some of the other origins clues such as the murals in Enkanomiya (almost identical to one’s shown in hi3). Regarding size - the only clear figure drawn to look identical to an hi3 person is the Unknown God. The person watching Dvalin made the hi3 character as a synthetic clone, and had a ton more lined up in test tubes. Also, I forget whose in game lore I was reading earlier, but I believe it was albedo. They said that naturally cresting gold would require a sun 8x the size. Thus, combined with the size of the unknown god, we can conclude that the overall size scaling of Teyvat may not be the same as earth, so a skeleton or two covering that much space might be entirely logical.

For the search, helpful terms are mantis, Kosma, daybreak (kosmas codename), Elysian realm (a simulated world where we interact with uploaded versions of them prior to their death in the previous era).

If you can piece this together with what you found searching, I’d absolutely love to hear about it. It’s literally confirmed that Teyvat is associated with hi3 in some way because of Dvalin being confirmed on an experiment monitor screen on Earth, and they’ve given us direct info to link Teyvat to the flamechasers (also including the head of the flamechasers), so it’s a worthwhile rabbit hole. =)

I3EBRhn.jpg

Hydro traveler gets the Fontaine jump animation though. And Lynette is free also.

Michele

you.
Done with the archon quest \[✝]/

That was a really good quest chain. Didn't expect it to be so grim overall and to end like that for Vacher. Pleasantly surprised. Again, really good characters. I like Navia's personality and even her design isn't bad. Focalors is unique and interesting let's hope they don't screw her kit and Neuvillette is more likeable than I first thought except the voice.*
What the fuck were the charges to Childe anyway? I find it the lowest point of the quest to be so generic and giving nothing about it. HE BAD MAN! Stuuuuuupid. Neuvillette stopping him in a single blow is also stupid and a very shitty way to promote the character's banner.
Question: I don't get why he needed to incriminate Lyney. What did I miss?
fu2FCWJ.gif

Also really liking the exploration, so far it feels MUCH smoother than fucking sumeru and its endless canyons and caves. Closer to Mondstadt than Sumeru, for suremeru.

* forgot Clorinde. She's just another Sara. Fuck her chosen design. I'm more salty than I should be about it.

Spoilers
There are a few theories going around regarding the Oratrice thing and declaring Childe guilty. The way Furina reacted by saying that she knew nothing about it... It could just be that she's pretending to say that, but it seemed a bit more genuine, and she was acting a little more wise in the second act of Fontaine arc. It is possible this is a foreshadowing to a part of her story. There is a chance that the Oratrice was NOT made by Furina, but rather the previous Hydro Archon. Slightly rleated to this, after act 2, if you go to listen in the fountain in Fontaine, you can faintly hear a sad voice that is feeling lonely, it seems to be Furina's.
Though it seems, regarding Neuvillette beating Childe, that you don't know the trope? If you've seen Neuvillette dripmarket his 'element'... err, vision I mean, and constellation, are both listed as unknown. We know Apep is dendro dragon, could it be that Neuvillette is Hydro dragon? In this case the trope would be Childe possibly having more potential, due to managing to injure Neuvillette's cheeks/face.. Childe also DID say that he felt restless, like there was something stirring awake in him. I guess that could be why. Though I'll admit it might have been a little anticlimatic...

Regarding the Lyney thing I believe the previous NPC said that they wanted him out of the equation for the Primordial water thing, they wanted to pin the blame on him.

Last edited:

Pejo

A quest about Phantom Thieves without making a Persona Crossover.

What a fucking waste Mihoyo.

Will Smith Smh GIF by The Academy Awards
Persona and Nier are the collab whores de jour, so might as well. Genshin is honestly too big for them though, you'll never see that.

Still, Phantom Thief/Film Noire was what I was envisioning Fontaine to be all about in the early days. All I ended up getting was whatever they shoveled into Lyney's quest.

I did do a few of those bosses. They're a good addition but somewhat simplistic. I thought they'd be wandering around the map, but instead they're mostly just overpowered enemies that spawn in specific locations. Not sure I got all of them yet. I ended up beating those Eidolons with my Nilou bloom team. On my phone.
Yea I was hoping for true megabosses that spawned randomly and would really push your shit in, maybe even encourage co-op. Like for anyone that used to play WoW, these dragons.
tpZH0mI.jpg

The Eidolons were no different than some higher floor abyss enemies and the underwater ones were mechanics tutorials for the various attack abilities. Still it was nice to have some tougher enemies scattered in.
Yea if you did both the Ann and Seymour quests in addition to the Virgil stuff, you get a special scene where Ann and Seymour leave to go talk to Mary Ann in the Annapelurgis (spelling?) That's why I've been trying to get back in there. It's most likely progress gated until 4.1 or later, though.
I still don't fully understand the story. But they're purposefully keeping certain things a secret to be revealed later. I just don't know that I will still remember all this months from now. It's very complex and so meany thing weave into stuff that was revealed years ago. It's hard to keep track of.
Let me just say that the entire foundation of current day Fontaine is all tied in to the world quest this time, in the form of the Neufllepussilezucker research group that was looking for a way to stop the giant elemental creatures (Elyias and his family) from destroying humanity. If you actually read the stuff, it even has ties in to the judgement machine (not even gonna try to remember the name of it) as well as Jakob, Mary Ann, and the other researchers. Also it ties in to the prophecy and whatever happened to the past archon. I still believe she's the Ghost in the Shell for that machine and the voice Lyney heard when he was trying to get a peek at the core during the Archon quest.

There are a few of this type. The "real" way to do it is to solve a nearby puzzle that will create one of those water transformers that turns you into a bubble that floats on a predetermined path. It will take you out of the water and drop you down onto the boxed chests. The "cheap" way to do these is to either use Lynette/Lyney/Traveler to dolphin jump the box OR you can just summon a Waverider and go run into it and jump out and glide into it. No fancy long-distance gliding required.

I'll have to go find my original lore post a few days ago that nobody responded to and quote it again. But I disagree about your first point. They introduced a lot of death flags for one/both of the twins in Lyney's quest. Could be just a misdirection (ha!), but it even ended on Lyney saying "We also had it rough as kids but at least fate left us together". There are other weird phrasings/hint drops like that too.

So...

The dog is called Seymour.
His code number is 4ACV07
Damn I TOTALLY missed that reference. Well done Devs. Wonder if that's just an EN or western translation thing or if it's the same in all languages.

Spoilers
There are a few theories going around regarding the Oratrice thing and declaring Childe guilty. The way Furina reacted by saying that she knew nothing about it... It could just be that she's pretending to say that, but it seemed a bit more genuine, and she was acting a little more wise in the second act of Fontaine arc. It is possible this is a foreshadowing to a part of her story. There is a chance that the Oratrice was NOT made by Furina, but rather the previous Hydro Archon. Slightly rleated to this, after act 2, if you go to listen in the fountain in Fontaine, you can faintly hear a sad voice that is feeling lonely, it seems to be Furina's.
Though it seems, regarding Neuvillette beating Childe, that you don't know the trope? If you've seen Neuvillette dripmarket his 'element'... err, vision I mean, and constellation, are both listed as unknown. We know Apep is dendro dragon, could it be that Neuvillette is Hydro dragon? In this case the trope would be Childe possibly having more potential, due to managing to injure Neuvillette's cheeks/face.. Childe also DID say that he felt restless, like there was something stirring awake in him. I guess that could be why. Though I'll admit it might have been a little anticlimatic...

Regarding the Lyney thing I believe the previous NPC said that they wanted him out of the equation for the Primordial water thing, they wanted to pin the blame on him.
I have a few theories about this stuff.

I think that the Oratrice IS the previous Archon. She's the soul that powers it and delivers the verdict. I also think Furina is just a stand-in Archon who's actually an Oceanid. I think she does have the Gnosis, but power level I would put her below even Nahida. She lacks confidence and has the same types of quirks that we saw a lot in Idiya in the summer event. Neuvi is obviously the Hydro Sovereign dragon-turned-humanoid. He has no vision and has the vishap ears/vertical pupils. I assume the past archon left him "in charge" before undergoing the transformation and Furina is there for Celestia's sake. There is also a tie in that I haven't fully figured out yet with the research group but I'm still missing several pages of that book to get the rest of the details. I think the Childe part of the story is going to tie in to Skirk (his Abyss master) and will unlock some new strength in him.

deanote666 deanote666 I'll read that Honkai tie-in theory when I have some more time and comment on it, but it sounds like the original idea people had years ago with some new details. It's based off of a LOT of assumptions that I don't necessarily believe anymore, but not impossible given some Honkai main story leaks. Still, the only confirmed interaction between the two was a throwaway Honkai Impact collab even in Genshin's early days where Fischl and Keqing were thrown into a "what if" event in Honkai where fictional game developers created them in Honkai. HoYoCeption.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
I think that the Oratrice IS the previous Archon. She's the soul that powers it and delivers the verdict. I also think Furina is just a stand-in Archon who's actually an Oceanid. I think she does have the Gnosis, but power level I would put her below even Nahida. She lacks confidence and has the same types of quirks that we saw a lot in Idiya in the summer event. Neuvi is obviously the Hydro Sovereign dragon-turned-humanoid. He has no vision and has the vishap ears/vertical pupils. I assume the past archon left him "in charge" before undergoing the transformation and Furina is there for Celestia's sake. There is also a tie in that I haven't fully figured out yet with the research group but I'm still missing several pages of that book to get the rest of the details. I think the Childe part of the story is going to tie in to Skirk (his Abyss master) and will unlock some new strength in him.
I agree with this theory, and

7198340fa073f315c8dee41452d00f6f_6764846615818158330.png

Genshin-Impact-Oceanid.jpeg

It's not even a theory at this point.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
I agree with this theory, and

7198340fa073f315c8dee41452d00f6f_6764846615818158330.png

Genshin-Impact-Oceanid.jpeg

It's not even a theory at this point.

Makes a lot of sense, but if I'm being honest I'm already tired everyone turns out to be an oceanid one way or the other. It's a water based nation, I know, but for fucks sake, get more original Mihoyo.

Last edited:
It's most likely progress gated until 4.1 or later, though.
I assume so.

Let me just say that the entire foundation of current day Fontaine is all tied in to the world quest this time, in the form of the Neufllepussilezucker research group that was looking for a way to stop the giant elemental creatures (Elyias and his family) from destroying humanity. If you actually read the stuff, it even has ties in to the judgement machine (not even gonna try to remember the name of it) as well as Jakob, Mary Ann, and the other researchers. Also it ties in to the prophecy and whatever happened to the past archon. I still believe she's the Ghost in the Shell for that machine and the voice Lyney heard when he was trying to get a peek at the core during the Archon quest.
The problem I have is that it's so easy to completely misunderstand the lore if you miss a book somewhere. I was looking around that place again for obvious reasons, and found a log detailing the history of Oceanids and the previous Archon which was on a platform I'd missed before, and it fills in critical gaps in the story. Another example: I don't understand how you know that Mary-Ann is a researcher. It is revealed by Seymour that she's part of the Marechaussee Phantom so wasn't she just going undercover to reveal the secret plots happening by that rogue group within the Institute? There's also a log by an assistant who wonders if Ann grew up to be a beautiful lady. It also says that he constantly asked Ann to join the Institute, which she wouldn't. So that makes me think that Mary-Ann used to be called Ann, and changed it when she gave birth to the baby Oceanid to prevent confusion. They shared a consciousness of sorts after all. But there's no logs about this critical part of the story. At least, as far as I know.

And then you read Lynette's bio and you learn that Teyvat has dishwashers and vacuum cleaners, and everything you thought you knew about Genshin turns out to be a lie.

Anyway, my prediction for the future is that your theory about the Archon is true. She will somehow be released from the machine and ultimately fuse with Furina to power her up, awaken herself or whichever term you like. Would also explain those rumors you've mentioned before about her true form with the dress.

Finally, some leaks and rumors:

The 4-stars for Childe/Zhongli's banners have been confirmed on Bilibili: Freminet, Noelle and Sayu. Claymore Impact. I know there's a few people eyeing Zhong so this may be of use to them.

Rumors about upcoming banners too:
4.1 - Wriothesley, Neuvilette, Venti, Hu Tao
4.2 - Furina, Baizhu, Ayato, Cyno

These are in no particular order so it's unclear what the weapon banners will look like. Looks pretty bad for the most part. Also no sign of Waifu Impact yet.

Some rumors about upcoming characters:
Cloud Retainer is supposedly an anemo support. Might be a healer. She can turn into her bird form and her burst creates an AoE. There's also some talk about plunging attacks, but unclear if she does them herself, allows others to perform them or if she buffs them somehow. She might be able to fly, I assume just for exploration.
Arlecchino is rumored to use a polearm rather than a sword. She also has some kind of health controlling mechanic.

Pejo

The problem I have is that it's so easy to completely misunderstand the lore if you miss a book somewhere.
Bro you are so on point with that. Those Enigmatic Pages have changed my theory on what the fuck happened/is happening behind the scenes in Fontaine like 5 times already. It doesn't help that they use different names to reference the same groups depending on whose angle you are hearing the story from, like the "Golden Troupe".
And then you read Lynette's bio and you learn that Teyvat has dishwashers and vacuum cleaners, and everything you thought you knew about Genshin turns out to be a lie.
Yea I am kinda not a fan of how OK everyone is with mecha and shit in Fontaine compared to the civilization level of all other nations so far. In Sumeru they treated the machines as forbidden technology that you literally aren't allowed to research, and mostly feared it. In Liyue/Mondstadt/Inazuma, outside of Khaenri'ah tech like Ruin Guards and "element"-stasis cubes, they don't even exist period. Then you're in forntaine where they are everyday appliances and sentient guards and dogs and fish. Major dissonance there.
Anyway, my prediction for the future is that your theory about the Archon is true. She will somehow be released from the machine and ultimately fuse with Furina to power her up, awaken herself or whichever term you like. Would also explain those rumors you've mentioned before about her true form with the dress.
I was wondering if they'd take that angle or if they'll do a all of the oceanids/past dissolved Fontanians converge on Furina and power her up to fight back some big danger to Fontaine, giving her confidence and strength when she needs it most.
Finally, some leaks and rumors:

The 4-stars for Childe/Zhongli's banners have been confirmed on Bilibili: Freminet, Noelle and Sayu. Claymore Impact. I know there's a few people eyeing Zhong so this may be of use to them.
For anyone that's been playing for a while and thinking about getting some ZhongCons:
Comedy Central Mm GIF by Workaholics

That ain't the banner for it.
Rumors about upcoming banners too:
4.1 - Wriothesley, Neuvilette, Venti, Hu Tao
4.2 - Furina, Baizhu, Ayato, Cyno

These are in no particular order so it's unclear what the weapon banners will look like. Looks pretty bad for the most part. Also no sign of Waifu Impact yet.
I read these too. Total sausage fest. I might be able to C6 Furina for free at this pace. Not that I will, but more resources for the 4.3-4.6 bonanza.
Some rumors about upcoming characters:
Cloud Retainer is supposedly an anemo support. Might be a healer. She can turn into her bird form and her burst creates an AoE. There's also some talk about plunging attacks, but unclear if she does them herself, allows others to perform them or if she buffs them somehow. She might be able to fly, I assume just for exploration.
Arlecchino is rumored to use a polearm rather than a sword. She also has some kind of health controlling mechanic.
God I hope that Cloud Retainer rumor is false. I can't describe a "gameplay mechanic" I hate more than when they do those "doing a plunging attack creates bubbles of AoE damage!!1!!1" things. Plunging attacks fucking suck as Xiao the Plumber, I don't want that for a highly anticipated character....

Actually both of these rumors sound postiively awful.

Man I learned my lesson. I had a whole big lore post typed up in an edit of my last post and then accidentally clicked a link that took me off the page and I lost it all...

I feel defeated.

Fuz

Banned
My fear is... will this screw up players, by making her not on the same power level of the other archons?
Since people will pull regardless for archons... great way to make a setback.

Ya I think I will have to pass on Zhongli, I kind of made that choice by getting Kokomi. Now with Yelan, I’m at critical resources and will have to save and grind more anyway.

Also already just kind of in the middle of building teams with Kokomi + Eula in them, and Kokomi + Zhongli seems like ridiculous overkill for a group. Still don’t really have enough characters built to feel comfortable with the 2 party dungeons in the abyss.

Pejo

My fear is... will this screw up players, by making her not on the same power level of the other archons?
There are lots of characters whose playable kit doesn't match their lore strength at all. Look at Shenhe, Wanderer, Xiao and in the other direction, Bennett, Xiangling, Xingqiu.

For those who would like to add me to either game
🥹🙏🏼🥹

rnZAzUa.jpg

qvGfY3Z.jpg

Oh ya I changed my profile pic in Genshin since taking this picture. Kaveh!

Last edited:
Bro you are so on point with that. Those Enigmatic Pages have changed my theory on what the fuck happened/is happening behind the scenes in Fontaine like 5 times already. It doesn't help that they use different names to reference the same groups depending on whose angle you are hearing the story from, like the "Golden Troupe".
I have to read those too? Whoops. No wonder I don't understand anything.

Yea I am kinda not a fan of how OK everyone is with mecha and shit in Fontaine compared to the civilization level of all other nations so far. In Sumeru they treated the machines as forbidden technology that you literally aren't allowed to research, and mostly feared it. In Liyue/Mondstadt/Inazuma, outside of Khaenri'ah tech like Ruin Guards and "element"-stasis cubes, they don't even exist period. Then you're in forntaine where they are everyday appliances and sentient guards and dogs and fish. Major dissonance there.
Yeah it's strange. Shouldn't Sumeru as the land of wisdom be all about inventions and stuff? Maybe they're more about ancient knowledge. But isn't that Zhongli's thing? Doesn't quite make sense. And in comparison to Fontaine, all the other nations are still stuck in medieval times. Sucks to be them.

I was wondering if they'd take that angle or if they'll do a all of the oceanids/past dissolved Fontanians converge on Furina and power her up to fight back some big danger to Fontaine, giving her confidence and strength when she needs it most.
That's also a possibility. It would be pretty funny if the previous Archon just stuck around in that machine and talked like a computer from the Jetsons or something.
But if she fuses with the Archon it would address Fuz Fuz 's concerns.

God I hope that Cloud Retainer rumor is false.
Me too. I don't see how they can make that viable either. She would end up being super niche or force characters into an entirely different play style they're not geared towards. Neither option is terribly appealing.

I agree that it makes things more complicated and that players might be less confident in her. On the other hand, according to the story Nahida was significantly weakened after she was reborn and she says she's bad at fighting. I don't think that affected sales at all either. As long as they show the Archon off in some cool ways, I think most players will be fine with it.

Pejo

I have to read those too? Whoops. No wonder I don't understand anything.
Bro there's a whole quest chain tied to those that take you into the Abyss. It starts out of nowhere while you're doing menial tasks for the Melusines.
Me too. I don't see how they can make that viable either. She would end up being super niche or force characters into an entirely different play style they're not geared towards. Neither option is terribly appealing.
I was hoping she'd be a more powerful Cryo imbue with an off-field cryo turret that follows the player so I could finally make my dreams of DPS Carry Shenhe come true without using Chongus and a whole cannister of copium. There were never any suggestions to that end, but it was still my hope. Anemo makes sense thematically I guess if she can fly as the playable version, but still that kit....
I agree that it makes things more complicated and that players might be less confident in her. On the other hand, according to the story Nahida was significantly weakened after she was reborn and she says she's bad at fighting. I don't think that affected sales at all either. As long as they show the Archon off in some cool ways, I think most players will be fine with it.
I think the rumored transformation along with any sort of "finally gets the balls to stand up and do what's right"-type story beat will be plenty on its own to get people pulling, regardless of the "how" it happens.

Top Bottom