• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Dregnel

Something is better than nothing for dailies and takes 5 min.

Free battle pass still gives blue wishes. Should get a chunk of the weeklies done in 10 min.

Can feed a dog. Could be an achievement. Could help save the world. Could be nothing.
i know 60 is better than nothing but if you don't do dialy quest sometimes, it's not that you'll be stuck, you need to play for 480 days doing dialy quests (1920 quests) to get a guaranteed character.
blue wishes are useless because power creep is real, a 5 star weapon +5 from the standard banner it's worse than a recent weapon, i saw video about this long time ago, also the new weapons with strange mechanics, the power creep with weapons is worse than the characters.
you can always have a oportunity to lose your 50/50 so I prefer to play the game calmer without so many commitments, if have enough time i do my dialy quest if not i wouldn't care too much.

Last edited:
Didn't have the time to do the archon quest at all, and probably won't have until the weekend. However, I unlocked most waypoints while ignoring everything along the way for the sake of making it easier when I do finally work my way through the content. Idk but from the looks of it Fontaine's exploration is a lot more straightforward than Sumeru, which was already dumbed down compared to Inazuma, aside from Deshret Mausoleum.

Maybe I'm getting old but I don't have time or energy to play a new patch as it drops during weekdays.

Pejo

I'm torn on the way they implemented underground maps. On one hand, it's nice to have them for sure. On the other hand, I don't' like that you have to have the cursor hovering over a specific area to be able to toggle the underground map for ONLY that specific area. Also, once you have one area's map visible, even if you scroll somewhere else, it won't show you any other underground map, just the one you originally were hovering over. I dunno why they didn't just make it universal layers.

Anyways, finished up part 2 of the archon quest and did a bunch of exploration and a few world quests. Very very impressed with Fontaine's exploration. I think I found one of those "follow the floating Hydro totems" puzzles that's bugged though. There's 3 totems total and 2 of them move towards a treasure chest while the other one moves away from it until it gets so far and then disappears, reappearing at the beginning a second later. I just marked it and moved on. I'm only 50 Fame xp from unlocking bounties/requests, so I should have that done easily before the reset on Sunday. Dunno what my rush is anyways, none of the gadgets sound particularly good just like usual. one of them is supposedly a mid-air glider buff, so I'm a bit interested in that.

Also, don't forget to trade your fish in for that new 4* sword pipe. Pretty decent freebie again. The fishing weapons generally are pretty good. Also got some cool mechanical fish for my teapot fish tank.

Speaking of, I hope the theme for the Fontaine teapot is an underwater base. I was in that Archon quest story domain and the scenery was cool as shit with all of the windows with a view out to the undersea area and the mechanical bridges and gears and shit. I loved the first Bioshock, so that reminded me of those vibes, and I want more of it.

I keep forgetting to take screenshots as I'm running into all of this cool stuff.
qM6kMQV.jpg

Nankatsu

Gold Member
So, uh what happened to my history pull?

I'm pretty sure last time I pulled was all during the same day and it has not been 6 months yet.

I have about 65 pulls registered but the pull where I got Tighnari is gone, there's no record of it. So where the hell is my pity?

I do know for a fact that prior to the update I had my Tighnari pull registered.

Last edited:
Looks like a grand update. I'd be all over this game if I still owned a ps5.
PC?

Continuing to go through Inazuma and get as many gems as possible. Made another 10 pull and got a copy of Barbara and Kaveh (spelled?) I hear he’s not the greatest but I’m super stoked to get him because he looks like he was designed by Yoshitaka Amano lol in any case, 1 step closer to Yelan.

My gf is going through Fontaine, she really likes it. I’m waiting because I want to do the areas in order. But there’s that limited time quest so I may try to bust that out this weekend just because of all the priogem rewards.

deanote666

So, uh what happened to my history pull?

I'm pretty sure last time I pulled was all during the same day and it has not been 6 months yet.

I have about 65 pulls registered but the pull where I got Tighnari is gone, there's no record of it. So where the hell is my pity?

I do know for a fact that prior to the update I had my Tighnari pull registered.
It auto deletes the history after a certain duration.

When was the last time you pulled?

Pity never resets that I'm aware of.

Had you just pulled, it takes a couple of hours to add them to the history page for some reason. I take screenshots of my 10 pulls so that helps me keep track if I do a pity run.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
It auto deletes the history after a certain duration.

When was the last time you pulled?

Pity never resets that I'm aware of.

Had you just pulled, it takes a couple of hours to add them to the history page for some reason. I take screenshots of my 10 pulls so that helps me keep track if I do a pity run.
At least that. Just found out that Alhaitham was released on January, thought it wanst that long ago.

So if pity doesn't reset all's fine I guess.

Thanks for your help deanote666 deanote666

Last edited:

Pejo

So it looks like at c6 Hydro traveler can be kind of a ghetto healer. Shame they didn't make it part of the kit in general, plus the water pew pew stuff feels really terrible to try to use in combat. Hydro Traveler in general feels the worst to actually use in combat, in my opinion.

I took a break from exploring Inazuma to do fishing. I need “the catch” now! hopefully this weekend some people will let me fish in their worlds. No way I’m waiting 2 weeks or however long it will take. At least that’s the nice thing about having millions of people play the game, you’re bound to find someone who will share with you.

Pejo

I took a break from exploring Inazuma to do fishing. I need “the catch” now! hopefully this weekend some people will let me fish in their worlds. No way I’m waiting 2 weeks or however long it will take. At least that’s the nice thing about having millions of people play the game, you’re bound to find someone who will share with you.
I won't need to fish in Inazuma anymore so feel free to join me and take what you need. Wait, do you play on Americas server?

Pejo

God damn, the underwater areas are so picturesque and serene. I just did a random underwater puzzle which ended up being a chain and at the end a bunch of fish formed a giant swirling school and seem to stay like that permanently afterwards. They even react to your characters as you swim around/through them. So fucking cool looking. I might take a video for a new video wallpaper or something.

cPenXV7.jpg

3HvfPUg.jpg

Visually I'm super impressed with Fontaine. The underwater areas are better than just about any game I can think of from the past 5 years that aren't specifically designed around exploring underwater like Subnautica or something. There's just so much going on underwater and so much motion and autonomy with the creatures down there.

God think about how fucking cool it would have been if this past summer event was underwater at the GAA instead of Disneyland Sumeru.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Did a bit of the Fontaine quest...and the characters are surprisingly likable? Plot wise Lynette and Lyney are cool.

For some odd reason I thought the Hydro Archon was gonna be chibi/midget like Nahida but she isn't. And I dig her personality. Reminds me Fischl but without her talking in a horrible way.

Visually she's cool. Those pupils in droplet shape are a really fucking cool detail.

Last edited:
I'm quite impressed with Fontaine too. Pretty much everything about it is great except for the banners. The underwater world is beautiful and it feels great to swim around.

The devs seem to have a great time with the whole justice thing. They always loved endless dialogue with little visual story-telling, and I think they've finally found the right context for that. Well, more accurately they just copied Phoenix Wright, but that's fine by me. It also feels more natural to include NPCs in these court cases than in normal quests. The tearing-up effect was also a welcome addition, don't think I've seen that before.

I was surprised at some of the dark themes in Fontaine too. Just in the first two main quests we get child trafficking, rape, pedophilia, kidnapping and mass murders. But they were able to cover these subjects without any explicit imagery, mostly just hinting at them or using fantastical elements to prevent having to deal with blood and gore.

Also interesting how the archon is not confident and possibly incompetent. Completely different from the previous archons. It'll be interesting to see an archon struggle a bit more. That raises some questions about her kit though.

About Childe: Good to see that he got absolutely blown the fuck out once again. Once a jobber, always a jobber.

Well done MHY. Now just get me some waifus to pull.

Feeling a bit lost, seeing as I skipped directly to Fontaine just after barely starting Sumeru. Can someone explain where to go? I glided down to Fontaine, went up the elevator, went on the tour, went up a second elevator, glided down to the city below, and went to the adventures guild who had no new quests for me.

So where do I go and how do I start the main Fontaine archon questline? Do I have to finish Sumeru quests first, and the fast travel skip is just for exploring the area and collecting resources?

Dregnel

Feeling a bit lost, seeing as I skipped directly to Fontaine just after barely starting Sumeru. Can someone explain where to go? I glided down to Fontaine, went up the elevator, went on the tour, went up a second elevator, glided down to the city below, and went to the adventures guild who had no new quests for me.

So where do I go and how do I start the main Fontaine archon questline? Do I have to finish Sumeru quests first, and the fast travel skip is just for exploring the area and collecting resources?
you only need to finish all mondstadt stroy quests, open the menu where you test the characters and go down until you find it.
pKKnOFN.png

Fuz

Banned
So far, Fontaine is actually 3/4 France and 1/4 Italy.
And about that, can anyone explain me if "spina di rosula" has actually a meaning I didn't get or it's just a stupid mistranslation of "spina di rosa"?
I'm a fan of Ace Attorney so that part was really good for me - I actually wish for it to become a recurrent minigame or something.
The voice chosen for Neuvillette is completely inadequate. Really a bad choice of tone. Too juvenile and it lacks gravitas. (JP)
Music is really good this time. Although I think I noticed occasionally familiar quips, pretty sure they stole some notes here and there. I'm familiar with some of those type of tunes (the non-orchestral ones) because my grandmother used to sing in radio, and ~'40s italian music sounded like that.
The "knights quest" ahem quest was really cool. Although I skipped most of the dialogues because god I hate those writers. Hope it gets some sequel.

BTW, I wish we had a more convenient way to switch layers, both in game and on the interactive map. I have no idea why the fuck they made it as it is, it's super conterintuitive.

Last edited:
And about that, can anyone explain me if "spina di rosula" has actually a meaning I didn't get or it's just a stupid mistranslation of "spina di rosa"?
Google tells me it means small rose or rosebud in Latin. They probably just picked something that sounded cool.
Do we know the ascension materials for the Hydro Archon?
It's quite likely that those will end up being new materials from new areas introduced in 4.1 or 4.2. The talent books and such are not known yet, so you can't really farm anything in advance. We should get those leaks in about 6 weeks, when the 4.2 beta starts, assuming that's when she becomes playable.

Fuz

Banned
Google tells me it means small rose or rosebud in Latin. They probably just picked something that sounded cool.
Oh, that's true.
The grammar is still wrong, though. They mixed up italian and latin grammars.
It's quite likely that those will end up being new materials from new areas introduced in 4.1 or 4.2. The talent books and such are not known yet, so you can't really farm anything in advance. We should get those leaks in about 6 weeks, when the 4.2 beta starts, assuming that's when she becomes playable.
It was just to (eventually) avoid wasting resin on the wrong dancer.

Last edited:
Oh, that's true.
The grammar is still wrong, though. They mixed up italian and latin grammars.
And they live in a place called Poisson. Pretty sure that's French and not Italian. I don't think they care much about lingual accuracy.

Very likely that she'll need other boss materials. They introduced new bosses for Raiden Shogun and Nahida too in their respective patches.

Time to hit the artifact mines.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Fuz

Pejo

Do we know the ascension materials for the Hydro Archon?
No kit leaks or anything on her yet at all.

But

I'm gonna go ahead and say you should probably find the most annoying ones and start farming them. Like those flowers you have to hit with water to collect them.

Did a bit of the Fontaine quest...and the characters are surprisingly likable? Plot wise Lynette and Lyney are cool.
Yea I thought that all of the characters have been well written in Fontaine so far. They really did Lyney a disservice by making him wear the garter belt.
For some odd reason I thought the Hydro Archon was gonna be chibi/midget like Nahida but she isn't. And I dig her personality. Reminds me Fischl but without her talking in a horrible way.

Visually she's cool. Those pupils in droplet shape are a really fucking cool detail.
This is the result when they write different types of characters other than "I'm hard working and my traits are that I work hard and work too much". I'm really excited to see her leaked supposed full transformation where her outfit turns into a ball gown made of water. But yea, I like her a lot too. So bratty.

I'm quite impressed with Fontaine too. Pretty much everything about it is great except for the banners. The underwater world is beautiful and it feels great to swim around.

The devs seem to have a great time with the whole justice thing. They always loved endless dialogue with little visual story-telling, and I think they've finally found the right context for that. Well, more accurately they just copied Phoenix Wright, but that's fine by me. It also feels more natural to include NPCs in these court cases than in normal quests. The tearing-up effect was also a welcome addition, don't think I've seen that before.
Agree. I wish they did the clues thing a bit better. Some of the evidence felt arbitrary that ended up being the "correct" evidence, something I never felt in AA series. But for a first attempt it was still better than just text heavy exposition after exposition. I do feel like the Steambird stuff is just the "light novels" of Fontaine though. Hope they don't run that theme into the ground like they did with Yae's Publishing House, which was enough for me to grow to hate Inazuma events.
I was surprised at some of the dark themes in Fontaine too. Just in the first two main quests we get child trafficking, rape, pedophilia, kidnapping and mass murders. But they were able to cover these subjects without any explicit imagery, mostly just hinting at them or using fantastical elements to prevent having to deal with blood and gore.
I haven't done Lyney's quest yet, but yea it feels completely tonally opposite of the summer event which felt like it was made for ages 5-8, and I welcome it. I'm curious to know more about Lynette since they mention that a noble "bought" her from her adopted father to use as a child sex slave, but her current day form seems to be that of a robot or android or something? I'm hoping Lyney's story quest expands on what happened to her, but it immediately started veering into Steambird nonsense and some NPC storyline about a phantom thief, so somehow I doubt it's gonna provide the lore I'm looking for.
Also interesting how the archon is not confident and possibly incompetent. Completely different from the previous archons. It'll be interesting to see an archon struggle a bit more. That raises some questions about her kit though.
I'm excited to see how the previous archon fits in here. Will they do another Nahida/Rukkha story or will Furina end up being a "promoted" Oceanid? Regardless, it seems like Neuvillette is the Hydro dragon of the nation and is the real protector if shit was to get out of hand. Furina seems very unconfident in herself and seems to want to actively avoid conflict/using her strength. Similar to Idiya from the 3.8 event. That's why I think she's a powered up Oceanid.
About Childe: Good to see that he got absolutely blown the fuck out once again. Once a jobber, always a jobber.
As a Childe fan, even I had to laugh when they get his old OST theme song out, show him kicking a bunch of ass and then show him getting absolutely mogged by Neuvi in a single move. Though I think it was mostly to put into perspective the cannon power of the latter. Super hype that they finally explicitly mentioned Skirk, the one who taught him when he fell into the abyss. Can't wait for her to be playable.
Well done MHY. Now just get me some waifus to pull.
Speaking of. I was not a fan of Navia but her story arc made me come around on her a bit. Still, Geo Claymore, she's got a lot of work to do to be good. Also, I was almost certain that the traitor was gonna be the butler or the ponytail guy that follow her around all the time. Chlorinde, I still hate the design they went with for her, but she had a good FMV scene. Maybe it's the style of her hat, but her head looks SUPER fat compared to all of the other Genshin characters. Emilie looks just like Ayaka's costume that I hated. They really need to knock one of the Fontaine females out of the park. Shame Chiori is rumored to be 4*, she's still my favorite of the Fontaine bunch that we've seen, which is almost all of them.

Did you complete all of the Archon quests in Sumeru with Nahida and Wanderer? You can't start the Fontaine main story quest until you complete those. You can still go to Fontaine and explore but the archon quests are all required to do in order.
If it's like past patches, they'll introduce a new boss that has her specific material, like Nahida and the Dendro cube.

Pejo

Damn, after re-reading my post just now, I think I might have a guess about the 4.x story.

What is Furina isn't an archon at all, just an Oceanid that the actual Archon put in place as a figurehead. The real archon gave up her own body/powers to become that judgement machine, with Neuvilette taking her place as the actual protector/get shit done leader of Fontaine. Would explain the voice Lyney heard in the room being the Archon, and would explain how that machine works to begin with, and why Furina is the way she is...

Fuz

Banned
Yea I thought that all of the characters have been well written in Fontaine so far. They really did Lyney a disservice by making him wear the garter belt.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.
Just a pair of trousers and the banner wouldn't have been the worst ever.

Agree on generally likeable new characters. Wow, that's a new feeling.

Fuz

Banned
Damn, after re-reading my post just now, I think I might have a guess about the 4.x story.

What is Furina isn't an archon at all, just an Oceanid that the actual Archon put in place as a figurehead. The real archon gave up her own body/powers to become that judgement machine, with Neuvilette taking her place as the actual protector/get shit done leader of Fontaine. Would explain the voice Lyney heard in the room being the Archon, and would explain how that machine works to begin with, and why Furina is the way she is...
Makes sense. I still hope she's treated like one and she slaps.

Edit: what if all Fontainians are oceanids? That would explain them turning to water [I haven't finished the whole quest chain yet, not sure if they gave an explanation already]

Last edited:

Pejo

Makes sense. I still hope she's treated like one and she slaps.

Edit: what if all Fontainians are oceanids? That would explain them turning to water [I haven't finished the whole quest chain yet, not sure if they gave an explanation already]
I thought about that too. Since the culmination of Vacher's targets ended up looking like an oceanid. Maybe Oceanids themselves aren't the progenitor or the endgame, maybe they're just one of the forms of the primordial sea.

I won't need to fish in Inazuma anymore so feel free to join me and take what you need. Wait, do you play on Americas server?
Yup, Americas. Which server are you on?

Damn, between this thread and my gf getting hype on various aspects of Fontaine I kind of want to “take a brake” from my current goals and just go do Fontaine right now.

Last edited:

Pejo

Yup, Americas. Which server are you on?

Damn, between this thread and my gf getting hype on various aspects of Fontaine I kind of want to “take a brake” fo my current goals and just go do Fontaine right now.
Also Americas. DM me your game ID# and I'll add you next time I log in, and then you're welcome to whatever fish you need.

Keep in mind that there is a super easy-to-complete limited time event to collect x number of regional specialties (flowers etc) and kill x number of new enemies in Fontaine for easy primogems. I think it lasts the whole 4.0 patch though, so you should have time.

Also Americas. DM me your game ID# and I'll add you next time I log in, and then you're welcome to whatever fish you need.

Keep in mind that there is a super easy-to-complete limited time event to collect x number of regional specialties (flowers etc) and kill x number of new enemies in Fontaine for easy primogems. I think it lasts the whole 4.0 patch though, so you should have time.
Nice I will send my ID to you later when I log on to Genshin.

Also ya, I’ve been seeing that in the event tab, keep on eyeing those primogems… and that event end date. Really don’t want to miss out on free pulls. think I’m gonna bite the bullet.

Seems people are really enjoying it overall, and what interesting to me is that these reasons are mostly different. Which leads me to believe there’s a ton of different aspects that work well, and even if it’s not perfect, it’s got many solid parts.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
I have no frigging idea how you people can be so fucking fast in clearing the main quest. Some of you were done already on day 1 and I'm still on it, and judging by the spoilers I still have quite a lot to go through.

HOW?

Granted, I zone out a lot and get distracted by exploration now and then (there's only a certain measure of tolerable BLABLAPAIMONBLA), but I'm also playing a lot. But how the fuck are people already done?
I need to activate commissions and reputation
I6DIMXF.gif

Well I still am not gonna roll for him, but
64df84558ba99.jpg
Still need to lose those pathetic garter belts, even with trousers they're intolerable.

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Neuvilette is Zhongli disguised with a hydro vision. He seems cool though.

I'm starting to fear for my primos with the amount of cool characters appearing 😂

Last edited:
Agree. I wish they did the clues thing a bit better. Some of the evidence felt arbitrary that ended up being the "correct" evidence, something I never felt in AA series.
Ah, I've definitely had this before in the AA games. Even if I know how to solve the case, I sometimes struggle with communicating that to the game. No different here, but at least you can't lose in this one.

I do feel like the Steambird stuff is just the "light novels" of Fontaine though. Hope they don't run that theme into the ground like they did with Yae's Publishing House, which was enough for me to grow to hate Inazuma events.
Haven't seen too much of that yet, but seeing how even commissions and bounties come from the newspaper, it does seem like it's central to a lot of stuff. I agree that they shouldn't push it, but at least the two biggest quests hardly mention it.

I'm curious to know more about Lynette since they mention that a noble "bought" her from her adopted father to use as a child sex slave, but her current day form seems to be that of a robot or android or something?
From the friendship bio I gathered that she pretends to be robotic to confuse people and avoid having to deal with them or chores. Kinda wanted it to be a sort of coping mechanism, but I assume they want a more optimistic outlook for her. I'm only at lvl 3 though so there could be more.

I have no frigging idea how you people can be so fucking fast in clearing the main quest.
The first two quests take 3 hours or so in total. That's with listening to most voice lines and reading attentively. Pretty easy to do even in a single day.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Advanced a bit more into the Archon quest and I gotta say it's already way more interesting than Sumeru.

I've barely touched the underwater stuff, but I gotta say that, so far, mihoyo did a really good job with plot and characters.

Also the trials / Phoenix Wright vibe is on spot and works really well on a Justice nation.

And the brothers behind part of the fatui...awesome twist.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Done with the archon quest \[✝]/

That was a really good quest chain. Didn't expect it to be so grim overall and to end like that for Vacher. Pleasantly surprised. Again, really good characters. I like Navia's personality and even her design isn't bad. Focalors is unique and interesting let's hope they don't screw her kit and Neuvillette is more likeable than I first thought except the voice.*
What the fuck were the charges to Childe anyway? I find it the lowest point of the quest to be so generic and giving nothing about it. HE BAD MAN! Stuuuuuupid. Neuvillette stopping him in a single blow is also stupid and a very shitty way to promote the character's banner.
Question: I don't get why he needed to incriminate Lyney. What did I miss?
fu2FCWJ.gif

Also really liking the exploration, so far it feels MUCH smoother than fucking sumeru and its endless canyons and caves. Closer to Mondstadt than Sumeru, for suremeru.

* forgot Clorinde. She's just another Sara. Fuck her chosen design. I'm more salty than I should be about it.

Last edited:

BJK

Did the first part of the Archon story, but not the second. Stopped doing story so I could open Up the map / travel points. Wandering around trying to find things in the Capitol is needlessly difficult, since the game has fallen in love with verticality. (Had to break out Zhongli & Venti to climb up to the aqueducts.)

Stumbled into the Les Mis section of Fontaine; stealing bread wasn’t an option, so I did the next best thing (”investigated“ a storage box & found wheat).

Not sold on Hydro traveler, but I haven’t exactly tried gearing up for her kit.

Fuz

Banned
First world problems:

Artifact 2.0
First-World-Problems.jpg

Been like this for months now.
svej4.gif

since the game has fallen in love with verticality. (Had to break out Zhongli & Venti to climb up to the aqueducts.)
Genshin-Impact-Wanderer-art.jpg

Insanely good value, all things considered.

Last edited:

Dregnel

That was a really good quest chain. Didn't expect it to be so grim overall and to end like that for Vacher. Pleasantly surprised. Again, really good characters. I like Navia's personality and even her design isn't bad. Focalors is unique and interesting let's hope they don't screw her kit and Neuvillette is more likeable than I first thought except the voice.*
What the fuck were the charges to Childe anyway? I find it the lowest point of the quest to be so generic and giving nothing about it. HE BAD MAN! Stuuuuuupid. Neuvillette stopping him in a single blow is also stupid and a very shitty way to promote the character's banner.
fu2FCWJ.gif

Also really liking the exploration, so far it feels MUCH smoother than fucking sumeru and its endless canyons and caves. Closer to Mondstadt than Sumeru, for suremeru.

* forgot Clorinde. She's just another Sara. Fuck her chosen design. I'm more salty than I should be about it.
We don't know why childed is being charged, He was only a suspected of turning people into water although it was shown that he was not the one who was turning people into water the machine said that he is also guilty, but Neuvillette can't do anything about it because he is not a judge as in real life with the power to make a final decision, the final decision is made by the machine created by the first water archon, the machine can be broken but keep in mind that it is not yet known who gave the water to vacher

Pejo

I have no frigging idea how you people can be so fucking fast in clearing the main quest. Some of you were done already on day 1 and I'm still on it, and judging by the spoilers I still have quite a lot to go through.

HOW?

Granted, I zone out a lot and get distracted by exploration now and then (there's only a certain measure of tolerable BLABLAPAIMONBLA), but I'm also playing a lot. But how the fuck are people already done?
I need to activate commissions and reputation
I6DIMXF.gif
Meanwhile, I'm already at Rep 3...

BlKR88O.jpg

Like any new area that I'm impressed with, I basically have no-lifed it the past few evenings. Plus I'm really into Genshin lore and they have dropped a literal TON of it in the recent unvoiced world quests. I mean stuff reaching as far back as the Chasm and Enkanomiya. Frankly a bit too much if I'm being honest, it's been tough for it all to sink in because they keep hitting me with some new tie-in or explanations about old questions rapid fire one after the other. In really unexpected places too. There's a random ass Melusine quest that actually takes you into the fucking Abyss where rifthounds live/are created? and it's all tied in to the ancient civilization that Celestia wiped out, with the same architecture as Enkanomiya.

Also I thought I understood generally what was happening in Fontaine after the Archon quest, but when you do a few of the world quest questlines, you find out that you ACTUALLY don't know shit. Basically, the entire judgement machine wasn't created by an archon at all, it was created by a team of researchers trying to fight back against the primordial creatures in a war for humanity. And it all ties in to fighting that giant serpent Elyias etc etc. And this was all BEFORE Celestia even arrived.

And then you have to remember from Sumeru that history can be "edited" so you don't even know if this stuff is all real or if it's just MHY writers trying to throw you off the real story.

My head is a garbled mess right now but I'm loving it.

Yea based on design I was ready to hate all of these fuckers, but nobody overstayed their welcome, they all had compelling motivations, and were generally well written. Color me impressed with MHY writers so far in Fontaine.
Stay tuned for Archon Quest Part 3!
fu2FCWJ.gif
Just the perfect fall guy to take some pressure off of him, since his whole plan is pretty stupid if you actually stop and think about it. Why choose specific women for his tests instead of random nobodies? Navia is the only one that makes sense to be "targeted" since she was tied in to Callus and would have reason to expose him.
He Gets It Kieran Culkin GIF by SuccessionHBO

Ah, I've definitely had this before in the AA games. Even if I know how to solve the case, I sometimes struggle with communicating that to the game. No different here, but at least you can't lose in this one.
To be fair, it's been a long time since I played those games, but yea in Genshin a few times I just had to click the evidence until the right one highlighted because I had no fucking clue what they wanted to go for.
Haven't seen too much of that yet, but seeing how even commissions and bounties come from the newspaper, it does seem like it's central to a lot of stuff. I agree that they shouldn't push it, but at least the two biggest quests hardly mention it.
Maybe it's nothing. The one thing it has going for it is that the leader of the Steambird itself is just some random NPC, so at least I don't have to worry about that being the ONLY thing I hear about that character for eternity, except for Charlotte. But she's a 4* so we all know how much face time she's gonna get after her debut banner.
From the friendship bio I gathered that she pretends to be robotic to confuse people and avoid having to deal with them or chores. Kinda wanted it to be a sort of coping mechanism, but I assume they want a more optimistic outlook for her. I'm only at lvl 3 though so there could be more.
Fuck I always forget to read voicelines and profile stuff. Thanks, I'll go back and look into that. I'm really interested in the story of the orphans.
Did the first part of the Archon story, but not the second. Stopped doing story so I could open Up the map / travel points. Wandering around trying to find things in the Capitol is needlessly difficult, since the game has fallen in love with verticality. (Had to break out Zhongli & Venti to climb up to the aqueducts.)

Stumbled into the Les Mis section of Fontaine; stealing bread wasn’t an option, so I did the next best thing (”investigated“ a storage box & found wheat).

Not sold on Hydro traveler, but I haven’t exactly tried gearing up for her kit.
Once you get the teleport points all unlocked in the Fontaine city part proper, all of the important locations are usually a run or a glide away. But yea it's confusing at first and hard to find specific icons/places of interest.

First world problems:

Artifact 2.0
First-World-Problems.jpg

Been like this for months now.
svej4.gif
God damn, you hoarder. Here I am scraping by leveling up my 5th Sacrificial Sword.

So I got the CrystalFly trap from hitting rank 3. It's kind of a different device altogether. No shared cooldowns or timers with anything. You don't even have to craft it, they just give it to you. You just pick a place, plop it down, feed it some ore, and then I guess you have to wait a real life week or some undetermined amount of time, and it just sits there wherever you dropped it. After the time is up, you go collect it and get your crystalfly cores. Overall not a big deal at all, and it takes 30 white ore per week, which i have over 6000 of, so it's nice free core income.

Also, any of you unlock/figure out how to do the dolphin jump out of the water? It was in MHY's promo materials in this gif:

q8guibxjjshb1.gif

But I sitll don't know how to do it. It would make transferring to land a lot easier.

Fuz

Banned
Also, any of you unlock/figure out how to do the dolphin jump out of the water? It was in MHY's promo materials in this gif:

q8guibxjjshb1.gif
q8guibxjjshb1.gif

But I sitll don't know how to do it. It would make transferring to land a lot easier.
Yeah, just sprint while surfacing. Only traveler and Fontaine characters can do it.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Are guys having trouble scanning this event QR code? Can't for the love of life scan that shit. And it gives 480 primos 🤡

Last edited:

Pejo

Are guys having trouble scanning this event QR code? Can't for the love of life scan that shit. And it gives 480 primos 🤡
I think you only get those primos if you convince an ex-player to return to the game and they complete a certain number of daily tasks.

Top Bottom