• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Pejo

Man, that 2nd to the last underwater time trial race thing was really good (from the event). Definitely hope we see more of that type of event in the future. The event story, while stupid and dealing with meaningless NPCs was at least short this time. Battle stuff and Hammer toy parts were inoffensive. Overall a decent first event for 4.0, if nothing too special.

Last edited:

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
So I tried this game a year or so ago and thought it was surprisingly good. But only for a couple of hours.

So what's the deal, is this actually a "full" game with real levels that play like a zelda game complete with dungeons, bosses and story, or is it just a bunch of randomly generated / duplicated levels regurgitated?

Pejo

So I tried this game a year or so ago and thought it was surprisingly good. But only for a couple of hours.

So what's the deal, is this actually a "full" game with real levels that play like a zelda game complete with dungeons, bosses and story, or is it just a bunch of randomly generated / duplicated levels regurgitated?
So there's very little RNG content in the game other than the gacha system which is how you mainly get new characters (gamble earned resources or real money for stuff in the game, big turnoff for most). The meat and potatoes are open world exploration with elemental reaction based combat (think of like mixing ice with fire to cause a melt reaction that multiplies damage). There are fully voiced story quests in several languages with animations and cutscenes, there are unvoiced "world" quests where you get a bunch of lore through atmosphere, text logs, and flavor text on items/equipment. Every patch has 2-3 events that bring all sorts of gameplay types. So far we've had tower defense, Breakout!, Fall Guys, Mario Maker, Pacman, Hide 'n Seek, etc. Mostly built within the confines of the game and utilizing the in-game elemental reaction system in some way.

There are some one-time dungeons and then grindable/repeatable dungeons that drop upgrade materials of all types, but nothing like Zelda like you're thinking. Mostly just some simple puzzles mixed with combat rooms. The grinding is mostly done in a single room depending on what you're grinding that's just an encounter of 2-15 enemies. There are 2 tiers of bosses, one tier that drops more upgrade stuff and then the second tier that currently has 8 bosses that can be fought once a week for a chance at some better loot and the rarest upgrade materials. They're usually the most difficult enemies in the game.

The most recent patch introduced underwater swimming and so far it's pretty great. Here's a post I made with all of the new stuff that recently dropped.

We have several relative newbies in the thread that either returned or picked up the game recently too.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
So there's very little RNG content in the game other than the gacha system which is how you mainly get new characters (gamble earned resources or real money for stuff in the game, big turnoff for most). The meat and potatoes are open world exploration with elemental reaction based combat (think of like mixing ice with fire to cause a melt reaction that multiplies damage). There are fully voiced story quests in several languages with animations and cutscenes, there are unvoiced "world" quests where you get a bunch of lore through atmosphere, text logs, and flavor text on items/equipment. Every patch has 2-3 events that bring all sorts of gameplay types. So far we've had tower defense, Breakout!, Fall Guys, Mario Maker, Pacman, Hide 'n Seek, etc. Mostly built within the confines of the game and utilizing the in-game elemental reaction system in some way.

There are some one-time dungeons and then grindable/repeatable dungeons that drop upgrade materials of all types, but nothing like Zelda like you're thinking. Mostly just some simple puzzles mixed with combat rooms. The grinding is mostly done in a single room depending on what you're grinding that's just an encounter of 2-15 enemies. There are 2 tiers of bosses, one tier that drops more upgrade stuff and then the second tier that currently has 8 bosses that can be fought once a week for a chance at some better loot and the rarest upgrade materials. They're usually the most difficult enemies in the game.

The most recent patch introduced underwater swimming and so far it's pretty great. Here's a post I made with all of the new stuff that recently dropped.

We have several relative newbies in the thread that either returned or picked up the game recently too.

Hmmm, thanks for the summary. Sounds like even though it's not exactly what I was hoping that it's still very worthwhile, will need to get back to it very soon.

THE DUCK THE DUCK
I started playing like 3 months ago and what hooked me was the overworld exploration and the overall art style. I also really like many of the character designs. It’s also a rather relaxing game since I generally play fighting games, Genshin is a nice break from all that stress lol

Hmmm, thanks for the summary. Sounds like even though it's not exactly what I was hoping that it's still very worthwhile, will need to get back to it very soon.
As mentioned by Icymanipulator Icymanipulator above, overworld exploration is probably the first content the game can offer as a first taste of what's to come, especially for more casual players. It does get more interesting (more varied in gameplay and harder in some aspects) as you venture and progress through the story and newer regions while still offering players rewards like in-game currency, upgrade materials, and lore about the world that it spilled out through the main quests. There is a lot to uncover that way, and while not complex I think exploration does offer a lot of value to enrich your experience, especially through environmental storytelling.

What carries the game when there is not a new region dropping and exploration takes on the backburner are new characters dropping every 3 weeks, alongside their character stories missions (voiced missions focused on the new character to help promote them to new players and there is always a segment to try them out). Then we have events which are the bread and butter of the game. Events vary from big and small, some with a lot of story relevancy and some more chill (mainly during holiday seasons). There is an "end game" activity through Spiral Abyss, a repeatable activity that updates its rewards every 2 weeks. However, it can be easily ignored for the most part if you aren't focused on minmaxing since rewards aren't that big of a deal after the first time you clear it. I'd recommend clearing the first few levels since it has a few nice unlocks like 2 characters for free, with one of them (Xiangling) being probably the best sub-dps in the game from day 1.

Co-op in this game is totally optional, I myself never bother with it, it can be fun to roam around with other players. Probably co-op could be better if there was a way to play through the story with friends and share progression. For now multiplayer is relegated to basic exploration, material farming dungeons, and some rare events.

If you dive into the game now, there'd be enough content for a good 6 months or more of playing regularly. Content drops are constant, every 6 weeks, and the game hardly goes more than 2 or 3 patches without a new region section to explore, so there's always new stuff to chase in that department. Combat is more on the casual side and FOMO for things like events is basically non-existant because you can speed through them after the initial time gate. Spending money in this game is not mandatory (like most gacha games) but you do need to get that you won't own everything as it releases, the name of the game to be efficient in these types of games is "FOCUS". Know what you want or else you'll get frustrated. Monetization is only a problem if you have a low tolerance for that stuff because the game is F2P and makes money through people who can't wait to save in-game currency to get stuff or have disposable income, there is nothing that can be done about that.

Last edited:
One key thing to note is the "dungeons" or domains as they are called are mostly basic linear corridors with enemies to fight with a boss at the end. Don't expect anything Zelda dungeon like here.
The closest thing to Zelda exploration the game has is the big World Quests that lead you to new areas and have a mix of story, lore, and puzzles. They got it right with the Inazuma quests that open new areas bit by bit. The multiple step quests like the Aranyaka one can be a little tiresome and dialogue-heavy (hence why they are divided into multiple acts), but they are by far the most rewarding pieces of exploration and storytelling in the game from a lore perspective.

The closest thing to Zelda exploration the game has is the big World Quests that lead you to new areas and have a mix of story, lore, and puzzles. They got it right with the Inazuma quests that open new areas bit by bit. The multiple step quests like the Aranyaka one can be a little tiresome and dialogue-heavy (hence why they are divided into multiple acts), but they are by far the most rewarding pieces of exploration and storytelling in the game from a lore perspective.
The overworld and it's exploration is great. I meant if someone expected that separate dungeons which the game takes you into during Archon, character or world quests, will be like older Zelda or Darksiders etc. then it's not.

The overworld and it's exploration is great. I meant if someone expected that separate dungeons which the game takes you into during Archon, character or world quests, will be like older Zelda or Darksiders etc. then it's not.
True the normal dungeon and story-related ones are basically fancy corridors with some fluffy here and there but it's mostly just to be accessible to every player. That is my only pet peeve with the game. I loved what they had going with Golden Apple Archipelago Version 2 and, mainly the Fischl and Mona Islands. The puzzles featured in the Mona domain are by FAR the best ones featured in the whole game. They were inventive and there were some really cool out-of-the-box solutions to them, and then people complained about it because of rewards being tied to them and HoYo complied with dumbing down everything HARD for Sumeru.

deanote666

When you're bored and remember the video of someone going out of bounds to a 1 time only area

6vtr6kD.jpg
TUwEo8r.png
qaIM01I.png
YlSxTVZ.png
cCXwfRi.png
dTQPRR9.png
JrKzGW0.png
GAPrtaX.png
be5VbnN.png
d3xqkba.png
574Rgkn.png
kL7Fyth.png
kJi5rNm.png
AdwafsL.png
vaHcrr0.png

Last edited:

Pejo

Would you guys say Diluc is better than Razor?
Totally different uses. Diluc is AoE Pyro with good Pyro application uptime but low min/max potential. Razor is Single target physical (and not particularly good in that niche, considering you have Eula). Basically Diluc was considered 'caveman grug play Genshin' in the early days because his kit is VERY straightforward and easy to play but does decent damage. Since then Hu Tao and Yoimiya ate his lunch on single target but he's still pretty good AoE. I use him exclusively as my main DPS in the Mondstadt talent book domain with all of the enemies that are ice shielded.

Unlike Dehya, he's actually useable pretty much anywhere, just doesn't get the huge numbers that make YouTubers cum so people don't use him much.

Totally different uses. Diluc is AoE Pyro with good Pyro application uptime but low min/max potential. Razor is Single target physical (and not particularly good in that niche, considering you have Eula). Basically Diluc was considered 'caveman grug play Genshin' in the early days because his kit is VERY straightforward and easy to play but does decent damage. Since then Hu Tao and Yoimiya ate his lunch on single target but he's still pretty good AoE. I use him exclusively as my main DPS in the Mondstadt talent book domain with all of the enemies that are ice shielded.

Unlike Dehya, he's actually useable pretty much anywhere, just doesn't get the huge numbers that make YouTubers cum so people don't use him much.
I’ve thought about bringing specific teams to domains. I usually get away with bringing Elua for everything lol. Tho elemtal shields can be an issue sometimes.

speaking Of using setups for runs, are those weapons like the polearm that do increased damage to slimes ever worth it?

speaking Of using setups for runs, are those weapons like the polearm that do increased damage to slimes ever worth it?
It's a fairly popular F2P weapon for Zhongli and Candace due to its HP stat, but the passive is basically useless. It can't make up for the lack of attack and other powerful stats you'd get from 4-star and 5-star weapons.

Pejo

Roman Empire Roman Empire - I have no idea how you formatted that post but it won't even let me reply to it. Anyways, kinda interesting. I knew that Sumeru's quests felt really long in comparison to like Mondstadt/Liyue, but I had no idea it was THAT uneven.

I’ve thought about bringing specific teams to domains. I usually get away with bringing Elua for everything lol. Tho elemtal shields can be an issue sometimes.
It's a luxury you will start naturally expanding to as you accumulate more characters and character building resources. I wouldn't prioritize it until you start running out of main content to do. I'm absolutely braindead stupid in that I've been building way too many characters simultaneously since the game launched. To this day I still only have 2 characters out of 60~ that I feel are "done".
Very rarely is it worth it to build meme weapons like the slime spear. Sane players will build their 5* weapons (since they're all usually useful due to stat sticks if nothing else) and then the best of the 4* weapons and pass them around as needed. I build a new weapon for each character, but then again I'm a launch player and I still do completely unnecessary boss fights every week like Dvalin and Boreas just for the chance at the craftable 4* weapon prototypes. Notably there are sometimes good free 4* weapons, like the Catch (fishing shop weapon in Inazuma), but most of the good free stuff was given in limited time events that haven't ever rerun. Anyways, if you can satisfy the conditions for the niche 4* stuff, some of them can be strong, but I wouldn't worry about the 3* weapons outside of TTDS.

Well, and hopefully you didn't brick your account and accidentally use the god sword as fodder to level up other weapons or sell it for mora or whatever. You only get one in the entire game.
I'm mostly joking btw, it's not really that good but it is really rare since you only get 1. It used to be a good stopgap weapon for Kazuha if you didn't get his 5* signature weapon but has since been outclassed.

It's a fairly popular F2P weapon for Zhongli and Candace due to its HP stat, but the passive is basically useless. It can't make up for the lack of attack and other powerful stats you'd get from 4-star and 5-star weapons.
Don't forget that we have this guy now for F2P HP% spear.

Last edited:
I assumed it was gonna be a bit of a meme weapon considering it is 3 stars.

Also Yelan is amazing. Just got her to 80, exile set (placeholder for now), tons of HP and ER + favonius bow her burst at lvl6. Her dice are broken. Lmfao. then to top it off, she can zoom around the map with her ability, so nice, HUGE QoL upgrade.

I have 14 fragile resin left 😬😅

Last edited:
Roman Empire Roman Empire - I have no idea how you formatted that post but it won't even let me reply to it. Anyways, kinda interesting. I knew that Sumeru's quests felt really long in comparison to like Mondstadt/Liyue, but I had no idea it was THAT uneven.
I don't even know that myself. Tried to incorporate the post through the phone and it got weird like that. Could have only saved the image but I wanted to give the credit to the original poster.

I don't remember Mondstadt being that short though. The rest seems to be more in line with what I'd expect. However, you can see how much more they invested in the game from Inazuma onwards. The quality disparity is astounding from Mondstadt and Liyue to Sumeru and Fontaine, it's not even funny how much better it got.

Pejo

I don't remember Mondstadt being that short though. The rest seems to be more in line with what I'd expect. However, you can see how much more they invested in the game from Inazuma onwards. The quality disparity is astounding from Mondstadt and Liyue to Sumeru and Fontaine, it's not even funny how much better it got.
I wonder how much of it was actual improved storytelling and interesting scenes vs. Paimon never-ending reiteration and word puke to fill some arbitrary number of story lines. I enjoyed the Mondstadt story because it had us flying around in the sky like 20 mins in and the pacing was good. I conversely remember a lot of just running around and talking to/about NPCs a lot in other quests, *cough* Teppei *cough*.

Also I think early Genshin character quests were used a bit more to progress the story or at least lore instead of just hanging out with characters and helping NPCs with stupid problems. They're not counted in that chart.

Official Mona birthday art using the 🤮🤮 censored costume.

F41Me93bQAA5ZB6

And unofficial just better art using the good costume:

Official Mona birthday art using the 🤮🤮 censored costume.
I agree with you on most points besides this one. I don't give two shits about the censoring tbh when Genshin character designs are already pretty mild compared to other anime-aesthetics games out there **cough** Azur Lane, Nikke, and even Honkai Impact 3rd **cough**. I mostly play Genshin for the sense of wonder, discovery, lore, music, and combat, in that order. I do play favorites with some character designs like Shenhe (that waist window does things for me), Yelan and cool/badass designs like Zhongli/Kazuha/Wanderer/Itto. Still, I hate how cheap HoYo is with providing new character models, just look how they butchered Itto's "muscles" and Albedo's older appearance in his art with his in-game model. I hate how they try to fit everyone in these molds of Adult Male/Female, Teenage Male/Female, and Female Child rather than aspire for unique character designs.

Pejo

I agree with you on most points besides this one. I don't give two shits about the censoring tbh when Genshin character designs are already pretty mild compared to other anime-aesthetics games out there **cough** Azur Lane, Nikke, and even Honkai Impact 3rd **cough**. I mostly play Genshin for the sense of wonder, discovery, lore, music, and combat, in that order. I do play favorites with some character designs like Shenhe (that waist window does things for me), Yelan and cool/badass designs like Zhongli/Kazuha/Wanderer/Itto. Still, I hate how cheap HoYo is with providing new character models, just look how they butchered Itto's "muscles" and Albedo's older appearance in his art with his in-game model. I hate how they try to fit everyone in these molds of Adult Male/Female, Teenage Male/Female, and Female Child rather than aspire for unique character designs.
I get your point but in Mona's case the better costume already exists. They just do the censored one to save a few bucks since they'd have to do separate promotional material outside of CN. Poor indie company, please understand. I ain't defending that kind of nickel and diming regardless on if individually you're ok with boring designs and censorship or not.

Also I'm not ok with censorship.

Pejo

Man. these Fontaine daily commissions full of text are legit horrible.

Sad Jim Carrey GIF
Do you mean like the "help me find my dog" and "help me buy my gf a present" ones, or something else? I haven't had any particularly text heavy dailies there yet.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Do you mean like the "help me find my dog" and "help me buy my gf a present" ones, or something else? I haven't had any particularly text heavy dailies there yet.

The detective ones are horrible yeah, and the ones about brewing coffee are also bad. Too damn long.

Pejo

The detective ones are horrible yeah, and the ones about brewing coffee are also bad. Too damn long.
At least you don't have to go into your inventory and read notes like the Ella Musk/Sumeru quack doctor dailies or keep a note outside of the games of which options you already picked like the Liyue "specialties of Liyue" ones. I don't think dailies are ever gonna be actually fun, but these are the least offensive ones so far IMO.

Also fuck the slime balloon dailies.

IJYjXFn.jpg
Ok I need some help here. This is my gfs account. She recently lost the 50/50 for Kokomi but got Keking, who she loves. Considering she’s playing an electro character I’m advising her to build up/use Collei for an aggravate team.
Other than Barbara (only healer option) who would be a good 4th? Or is there another better team here im not seeing. She also plans to pull for Zhongli when his banner comes, so she will likely get him.

Edit
I also said fuck it and starting leveling Diluc. He was the first character that wowed me and I’ve thought he was cool since. He will be nice for those ice dungeons.

Last edited:

Pejo

Ok I need some help here. This is my gfs account. She recently lost the 50/50 for Kokomi but got Keking, who she loves. Considering she’s playing an electro character I’m advising her to build up/use Collei for an aggravate team.
Other than Barbara (only healer option) who would be a good 4th? Or is there another better team here im not seeing. She also plans to pull for Zhongli when his banner comes, so she will likely get him.

Edit
I also said fuck it and starting leveling Diluc. He was the first character that wowed me and I’ve thought he was cool since. He will be nice for those ice dungeons.
Does she have any constellations for Collei or nah? As long as she has the (I think) level 70 ascension passive that gives the active character a little Dendro ring when the boomerang returns, she'll be fine. If you have Collei C2, even better.

Anyways, my suggestions would be:

Keq/Collei/Beidou/Barbie with Beidou built for as much ER as you can give her. Electro Resonance will give ER buff to the whole party too.
Keq/Collei/Dendro Traveler/Barbie for better uptime/application on Dendro and increased EM for the whole party.
Keq/Collei/Barbie/Lynette, but only if Lynette has 4pc Viridescent Venerer artifact set. In neutral weather/terrain this will always provide with Electro resistance shred since Dendro can't be absorbed by Anemo characters. It's probably the highest damage potential if you're using Keq as a hypercarry. Faruzan can do the same role if she likes her better, but I personally like Lynette's elemental burst better. Either is fine.

It's worth mentioning though, you have to kinda understand how Dendro reacts with Electro to get the most out of it.

Basically, at the first application of both elements, you will see the word "Quicken" pop up for any enemies with both Electro and Dendro on them. This puts them into a "state" like "Burning" or "Frozen". Once enemies are Quickened, you will see them have like a yellow static electricity looking effect on them. Any enemy that's in the Quicken state will multiply the next Electro OR Dendro that hits them, and this causes a 2nd reaction called Aggravate (Electro) or Spread (Dendro). Spread is the more powerful of the two reactions, multiplier wise, but they're both very strong. They also each share an internal cooldown meaning you can't Spread/Aggravate the same enemy at the same time. I think it's like 2 seconds cooldown for the reaction, globally.

Additionally, Hydro will react with any enemy with Dendro applied to them, whether or not they're in Quicken state. Every time it happens (again outside of a global cooldown - this time that is dependent on character or skill), it will create a Dendro core. This core will naturally just explode after a few seconds if nothing else is done to it. If, however, the core is hit by any electro attack, it will cause Hyperbloom and transform those cores into enemy-seeking missiles that do increased Dendro damage based on the character that triggers the reaction's Elemental Mastery. These either do less damage to your own characters than regular cores just exploding or no damage, I can't remember. Burgeon is the same but if you hit the cores with Pyro instead of Electro. Burgeon just causes the cores to "pop" doing more Dendro damage than a regular core but also does more damage to your own character. Then there's Nilou special cores but that's not relevant right now.

Anyways, that was all just to say that you want to get all of your ducks in a row before you do your big damage moves. So in the Keq/Collei/Barbie/Lynette team I mentioned above, probably the one with the most pieces and specific order, you would:

1. Start fight as Barbara, use her skill to get the Hydro ring around your active character (which heals and applies Hydro every few seconds). It has the longest cooldown and is the only one you can do pre-battle so it makes most sense to do it now.
  2. Switch to Keqing, use your first tap of the skill to apply Electro to an enemy.
  3. Switch to Lynette, use her Burst so it grabs the Electro, which infuses her Burst with Electro (every pulse will do Electro and Anemo pulse rockets) and reduces the enemy's Electro Resistance (with 4pc artifact set I mentioned above)
  4. Switch to Collei, use her Burst if it's up to do a lot of fast Dendro application, use her skill to get some energy refund and apply Dendro circle to you.
  5. Switch back to Keq, do the 2nd part of your skill that warps you to the enemy and infuses her sword with Electro. Use her burst if it's up. At least 2 of the hits should cause Aggravate reactions (notably the big final hit of her burst). In addition, any cores made by the Dendro and Hydro interacting will get activated into Hyperbloom and sent rocketing towards an enemy.

Now that's just an example, you obviously don't have to do it that way, but it will get you the most bang for your buck. You can also further tune that team by using various artifacts and weapons that increase EM or ATK for the whole party.

The beautiful thing about Electro + Dendro though is that most of this stuff is automatic if you don't want to worry about specific rotations or orders. Just activate everything whenever and go mash buttons, and you'll still get about 75% of the same results.

Anyways, that was probably a lot, but I meant to reply earlier and got sidetracked.

In other news, Genshin twitter today re-released the twins' profiles, but this time the 'true' version of them that show their ties to the Fatui. Lyney's blep is gone and it kinda reflects what we learned about him during the archon quest. Kinda a cool idea.

jonnyXx

IJYjXFn.jpg

Edit
I would probably go with Beidou or an Anemo character with VV set to shred enemy electro resistance.

Pejo

So new pack coming for sale to commemorate the upcoming concert. 1280 Genesis Crystals (real money currency) gets you this:

ewyyw8w968mb1.jpg

I kinda like the wings, but I wish they were red instead of blue. Unless you whored twitch for those KFC wings, we still don't have red colored wings.

280 crystals for the wings (since the rest is basically refunded through the 1000 primogems, and the other items literally don't matter) isn't a terrible deal I guess. The wings look good on their own. I really like the music motif. But we already have a lot of different blue gliders and we're getting another one from Fontaine too. Seems like a bit much.

I still got some crystals saved up for a theoretical cool 5-star skin, but who knows how long that might take to happen. Looks like I got until February to make up my mind.

I saw that Lyney's banner underperformed. We're talking early Genshin levels of revenue, which could be considered bad nowadays. Apparently not even Yelan and a new BP could carry him. MHY really done goofed with their banners. Furina's sales will likely disappoint too because everyone's fully stocked up on freemogems. I wonder how Wrio and Neuv will do. There's still a chance the former could be a standard character.

Pejo

280 crystals for the wings (since the rest is basically refunded through the 1000 primogems, and the other items literally don't matter) isn't a terrible deal I guess. The wings look good on their own. I really like the music motif. But we already have a lot of different blue gliders and we're getting another one from Fontaine too. Seems like a bit much.

I still got some crystals saved up for a theoretical cool 5-star skin, but who knows how long that might take to happen. Looks like I got until February to make up my mind.
Yea I'll probably snag the package. Their skins haven't been gripping me and I have enough crystals from getting the BPs.
I saw that Lyney's banner underperformed. We're talking early Genshin levels of revenue, which could be considered bad nowadays. Apparently not even Yelan and a new BP could carry him. MHY really done goofed with their banners. Furina's sales will likely disappoint too because everyone's fully stocked up on freemogems. I wonder how Wrio and Neuv will do. There's still a chance the former could be a standard character.
Depending on the character trial I myself might roll for Wriothesley. If he's going to standard I will definitely roll a single copy because I don't like the odds of getting anything specific on standard. Neuvi is a pass for now. Even if his kit is powerful (verdict is still out on that) it looks boring as fuck to me. Just like a more mobile Hydro Traveler. If I'm wrong and he's really good for something I'm not seeing, I'll get him on the rerun.

I'm holding out for Furina (hope she's good) and Cloud Retainer at this point. I'm currently sitting on the most pulling resources I've ever amassed in Genshin, so either I can guarantee like the next 5 characters or go constellation hunting if Furina is OP and fun.

The thing is, I don't really care how "strong" a character is anymore. I've got all my bases covered for just about any type of team you could require. At this point onward I'll just be pulling for character designs and how fun they are to play. So they better step it up is what I'm saying.

If that was 1500 gems I’d bite.

Anyway,
Have used Diluc over the last few days. He’s… not terrible. With Kokomi and Yelan, there’s constant vaporize happening, and 4th spot is flex. This really makes dealing with cryo enemies and shields easier than with Elua. Finally feel like I have my bases covered. Just been blasting through content. Inazuma still feels endless lol. (In a good way)

Also broke the Adventure Rank barrier so I can start raising characters to 90! I’m still going to wait a bit at 80 for now, still need to get some weapons leveled up. Also would like to have a couple more support characters like Bennett built up. But damn, I made a lot of progress. Burnt through another good chunk of resin as well. I really wanted a team “done” (not finished, but just playable) so I can actually enjoy some of these characters. Yelan has definitely taken over from Elua as my favorite unit.

I’m actually taking a side trip right now and just getting everyone I can to at least 50/60 for the ascension wishes lololol

Pejo

If that was 1500 gems I’d bite.
It's only 1280 though?
Anyway,
Have used Diluc over the last few days. He’s… not terrible. With Kokomi and Yelan, there’s constant vaporize happening, and 4th spot is flex. This really makes dealing with cryo enemies and shields easier than with Elua. Finally feel like I have my bases covered. Just been blasting through content. Inazuma still feels endless lol. (In a good way)
Yea Diluc has his niche and he's good at it. Not great, you'll never be like "DAMN that was awesome!" but he's got plenty of uses, especially before you get some of the stronger Pyro characters.
Also broke the Adventure Rank barrier so I can start raising characters to 90! I’m still going to wait a bit at 80 for now, still need to get some weapons leveled up. Also would like to have a couple more support characters like Bennett built up. But damn, I made a lot of progress. Burnt through another good chunk of resin as well. I really wanted a team “done” (not finished, but just playable) so I can actually enjoy some of these characters. Yelan has definitely taken over from Elua as my favorite unit.
Level 90 for most things are just luxury. The exception is if you are doing lots of reactions in your team comp. Reactions have a built in modifier and compares Player level to Enemy level and scales the damage up or down respectively. That's why Fuz used to mention not doing that final uncap until you're ready so the powercreep doesn't gimp your team. But if you're prepared and you don't mind a little longer kill times for a while, then it's no biggie. Also there's the world level decrease feature if you need it.
I’m actually taking a side trip right now and just getting everyone I can to at least 50/60 for the ascension wishes lololol
Don't get stuck in alt hell like me!

Oh I meant the 1,000 primogem with that purchase. It should be 1,500 primogems, they gotta make these bundles worth it for real money. A glider just isn’t gonna cut it imo.

And ya, Diluc is solid. Nothing special but he gets the job done and him being Pyro really helps my bad matchups. He’s also very easy to use. I’m enjoying him. Speaking of world level, I just did that quest then immediately lowered the world level back down to 6, I just wanted the 2 wishes the quest gave 😅

SSfox

Which one of those Shenhe build would you guys think it's the better one?

u8RYbPN.png
zQ8Xtxc.png

PS: Also got some nice juicy upgrades for my Yelan and Raiden from Emblem Strongbox:

5sU0mT2.png
AWmcHJ2.png

Last edited:
The thing is, I don't really care how "strong" a character is anymore. I've got all my bases covered for just about any type of team you could require. At this point onward I'll just be pulling for character designs and how fun they are to play. So they better step it up is what I'm saying.
I still feel like I'm lacking a lot on my account. Especially Anemo. But MHY is really good at dodging what I want in this game, so for now I'm just pulling for the same reasons you are.

300 attack seems like a lot to sacrifice for that crit. I'm not sure what the scaling on that is though, and how much it'd improve the Icy Quill damage buff.

Your other characters look great too. And here I am grinding away on the new sets and strongboxing the fodder on a clam set for Qiqi...

SSfox

I still feel like I'm lacking a lot on my account. Especially Anemo. But MHY is really good at dodging what I want in this game, so for now I'm just pulling for the same reasons you are.

300 attack seems like a lot to sacrifice for that crit. I'm not sure what the scaling on that is though, and how much it'd improve the Icy Quill damage buff.

Your other characters look great too. And here I am grinding away on the new sets and strongboxing the fodder on a clam set for Qiqi...
Oh is 300 atq more on Shenhe that big of a deal, cool then, i'm playing her with that now and i'm liking her (I just rolled that ATQ helmet yesterday)

My Qiqi is already pretty well build since a while, i grinded that Husk domaine quite a lot my Itto, Albedo and Kokomi. Good news for you is Qiqi isn't really that hard to build either actually, good luck anyways hehe

Pejo

u8RYbPN.png
zQ8Xtxc.png
How are you using your Shenhe? Doesn't seem to be Ayaka support unless I'm missing something. Are you trying to make her a DPS? I thought I was the only one...

Anyways, I like the bottom one. If you're doing Cryo resonance, you automatically get some crit rate to enemies with Cryo applied, so that puts you almost exactly at 50% crit which is my personal sweet spot. The other stats are all better on the bottom one.

Unless you mean Anemo main DPS, Lynette is actually really great as VV user. I suppose the one character I would pull on usefulness alone would be a proper Pyro healer. Doubly so if they applied off-field pyro effects but that part isn't really mandatory for what I want them for. I guess also a water shielder, but I still feel that's what Candace should have been....

SSfox

How are you using your Shenhe? Doesn't seem to be Ayaka support unless I'm missing something. Are you trying to make her a DPS? I thought I was the only one...

Anyways, I like the bottom one. If you're doing Cryo resonance, you automatically get some crit rate to enemies with Cryo applied, so that puts you almost exactly at 50% crit which is my personal sweet spot. The other stats are all better on the bottom one.
Support with Ayaka.

The TC is for personal DMG and the fav effect to proc almost always.

Unless you mean Anemo main DPS, Lynette is actually really great as VV user. I suppose the one character I would pull on usefulness alone would be a proper Pyro healer. Doubly so if they applied off-field pyro effects but that part isn't really mandatory for what I want them for. I guess also a water shielder, but I still feel that's what Candace should have been....
Lynette is cool. Been using her to great effect. The problem is that she doesn't really do crowd control. There's the taunt but it's not great. And yeah, I would love an Anemo on-fielder too. Same with Hydro. And Dendro. As someone who ignores about 50% of the roster, there's still a lot I'd want. When I go into the Abyss I often feel that I lack certain element/role combinations.

Pejo

Lynette is cool. Been using her to great effect. The problem is that she doesn't really do crowd control. There's the taunt but it's not great. And yeah, I would love an Anemo on-fielder too. Same with Hydro. And Dendro. As someone who ignores about 50% of the roster, there's still a lot I'd want. When I go into the Abyss I often feel that I lack certain element/role combinations.
I've seen a really nutty Sucrose build as a main DPS but that was a long time ago. Charge attacks into the 18-22k range with like 50k use of her elemental skill. I'll see if I can find the video again later. She satisfies both of your wants tbh, even has the EM share that Kaz has, admittedly not as good though. I know you're not crazy about male characters but Alhaitham has been rock solid for me as a Dendro carry. I team him up with Kirara (since he absolutely needs a shield to function), Yae, and Barbara. Barbara's ring is kinda a liability with Cryo around, but I don't like doubling characters in more than 1 team unless I have to. Kokomi would be better in all ways, I'd assume, If we get a party wide Dendro infuse there are a lot of good options.

So in other news I hit rank 5 fame today in Fontaine, and got the glider booster. I was unsure if it would shoot you forward quickly (like I originally thought the Inazuma one would do) or allow a double jump similar to Kaz. Turns out it just pops one of those wind currents at your current(lol) location while you're in the air, like Venti's hold skill or one of those '3 air wisp' things in Mondstadt. It boosts you up about 1 character height and remains for a few seconds so you can float in place while you survey the area. Not bad honestly, but again they fucked it with the cooldown. 15 secs I think which is longer than you usually stay in the air unless you're meme gliding off of dragonspine or something, so look at it as a one-time boost for general use. Kaz remains king of "floor is lava", but it's not bad for a gadget (and you don't even have to craft it, they just give it to you).

Tried Femininet in the trial. I actually love his moveset and attack animations but it felt fucking awful to use. You'd almost always want a gatherer so you're hitting more than 1 enemy at a time which is a wasted spot on a shatter comp. He also felt really weak vs. a bunch of treasure hoarders, which ain't a good sign. Also freeze doesn't even work on most difficult encounters, so my original thought of "why?" when I read his kit still fits, in my opinion.

Last edited:
I've seen a really nutty Sucrose build as a main DPS but that was a long time ago. Charge attacks into the 18-22k range with like 50k use of her elemental skill. I'll see if I can find the video again later. She satisfies both of your wants tbh, even has the EM share that Kaz has, admittedly not as good though. I know you're not crazy about male characters but Alhaitham has been rock solid for me as a Dendro carry. I team him up with Kirara (since he absolutely needs a shield to function), Yae, and Barbara. Barbara's ring is kinda a liability with Cryo around, but I don't like doubling characters in more than 1 team unless I have to. Kokomi would be better in all ways, I'd assume, If we get a party wide Dendro infuse there are a lot of good options.
I don't really like Succ that much. Doesn't feel nice to play. The burst never absorbs the element I need or even anything at all. The normal attacks feel clunky and I can't quite figure out their range. Her charged attack is kinda cool but it feels like it drains more stamina than others. Visually she doesn't do much for me either. I did build her because she's strong, but she's not my preference. She doesn't fit well in my freeze team either since her EM buff is practically useless. Kazuha gives an elemental dmg bonus I believe. Cool that she has alternative builds/uses though.

Alhaitham just plays like Dendro Keqing IMO and that's reason enough to skip for me. I can experience that play style for free and Keq is already fully built and with cons. I actually run her with Barbara too sometimes since she's melee.

So in other news I hit rank 5 fame today in Fontaine, and got the glider booster. I was unsure if it would shoot you forward quickly (like I originally thought the Inazuma one would do) or allow a double jump similar to Kaz. Turns out it just pops one of those wind currents at your current(lol) location while you're in the air, like Venti's hold skill or one of those '3 air wisp' things in Mondstadt. It boosts you up about 1 character height and remains for a few seconds so you can float in place while you survey the area. Not bad honestly, but again they fucked it with the cooldown. 15 secs I think which is longer than you usually stay in the air unless you're meme gliding off of dragonspine or something, so look at it as a one-time boost for general use. Kaz remains king of "floor is lava", but it's not bad for a gadget (and you don't even have to craft it, they just give it to you).
Sounds a bit underwhelming, but decent enough I guess. I don't usually bother using those gadgets anyway unless I plan to fly a long distance where I'd need the speed/height. Might allow players who don't have Kazuha to reach certain places a bit easier too.

Tried Femininet in the trial. I actually love his moveset and attack animations but it felt fucking awful to use. You'd almost always want a gatherer so you're hitting more than 1 enemy at a time which is a wasted spot on a shatter comp. He also felt really weak vs. a bunch of treasure hoarders, which ain't a good sign. Also freeze doesn't even work on most difficult encounters, so my original thought of "why?" when I read his kit still fits, in my opinion.
His kit seemed fairly unique with the pressure thing, but I hardly noticed a difference in attacks or damage. Maybe I just wasn't paying enough attention. Isn't he supposed to be a physical DPS? His best teams will probably just be a hyperbloom where you can slot him in for fun.

BJK

Only took about 220 wishes...but...

b5AsLpe.png

I Will Have Order!!!

Assumed that I would only get 2 or 3 constellations, but I won the 50/50 3 times in a row (after getting my first Tighnari as my opening 5-star). RNG was very good to me this time around. For someone who's still f2p on this game, it's a ridiculously good feeling.

I'll have to look into optimizing his artifacts. I mainly had him built to maximize burst damage, but I haven't look at build guides for him in a few years. Of course, first I now have to look at finding artifact sets for Freminet, and Tighnari, and Lynette, and Layla, and maybe even Candace.

deanote666

When you do a 100 roles and don't get the new 4* character but get an off banner Barbara before the new 4*.

Lost 50/50 and got Jean C7.

Pejo

I don't really like Succ that much. Doesn't feel nice to play. The burst never absorbs the element I need or even anything at all. The normal attacks feel clunky and I can't quite figure out their range. Her charged attack is kinda cool but it feels like it drains more stamina than others. Visually she doesn't do much for me either. I did build her because she's strong, but she's not my preference. She doesn't fit well in my freeze team either since her EM buff is practically useless. Kazuha gives an elemental dmg bonus I believe. Cool that she has alternative builds/uses though.

Alhaitham just plays like Dendro Keqing IMO and that's reason enough to skip for me. I can experience that play style for free and Keq is already fully built and with cons. I actually run her with Barbara too sometimes since she's melee.
Yea it's not vastly different than Keqing for sure. He's stronger at c1 than she is at c6 with similar builds based on my putzing around, but if you aren't specifically looking for a Spread carry it's not worth it. I enjoy his team moreso than I enjoy him, but I do have a good time playing as both him and Keqing too, so i dunno.
Sounds a bit underwhelming, but decent enough I guess. I don't usually bother using those gadgets anyway unless I plan to fly a long distance where I'd need the speed/height. Might allow players who don't have Kazuha to reach certain places a bit easier too.
Yea it's something I'm sure I will forget about since I usually keep the animal catcher balls or seed box equipped full time. Wish it was just a button press you could use in the air instead of needing to be equipped in the gadget slot.
His kit seemed fairly unique with the pressure thing, but I hardly noticed a difference in attacks or damage. Maybe I just wasn't paying enough attention. Isn't he supposed to be a physical DPS? His best teams will probably just be a hyperbloom where you can slot him in for fun.
Yea the damage was pitiful if I'm being honest. Kaeya does as good or better damage in those trials and he's supposed to just be there for his ice ring to cause reactions. I think his intended purpose is Shatter or Fridge comps, but with pitiful damage like that why even bother? Also, as I mentioned it only gets worse if you can't freeze the enemies (like domain bosses, weekly bosses, etc) since you can't shatter what you can't Freeze. I love the special effects his skill has though, looks really cool.

Only took about 220 wishes...but...

I Will Have Order!!!

Assumed that I would only get 2 or 3 constellations, but I won the 50/50 3 times in a row (after getting my first Tighnari as my opening 5-star). RNG was very good to me this time around. For someone who's still f2p on this game, it's a ridiculously good feeling.
You're never gonna die again. Time to dump all your eggs! That is some insane luck though, very nice.
I'll have to look into optimizing his artifacts. I mainly had him built to maximize burst damage, but I haven't look at build guides for him in a few years. Of course, first I now have to look at finding artifact sets for Freminet, and Tighnari, and Lynette, and Layla, and maybe even Candace.
I like him with Milelith since it amplifies the team damage and gives him HP. I'm a little jealous since he essentially is a healer and shielder all in one now for you, that's some serious role compression. You don't even have to worry about the dickwolves or stuff with corrosion, most likely. I wonder how big the heals are?

When you do a 100 roles and don't get the new 4* character but get an off banner Barbara before the new 4*.

Lost 50/50 and got Jean C7.
Dang, that's a lot of RNG shitting down your throat in like 3 different ways.

Last edited:
Top Bottom