• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Bro there's a whole quest chain tied to those that take you into the Abyss. It starts out of nowhere while you're doing menial tasks for the Melusines.
Guess I'm going back in then. I like the Melusine despite them being maggotslugs that spawned from rotting flesh. At least they're normally understandable unlike the Aranara. I wonder if we'll get a new tribe of weird mascot characters with every nation now. Seeing the... interesting fan art the Melusine have inspired, it seems to be a successful formula.

I was hoping she'd be a more powerful Cryo imbue with an off-field cryo turret that follows the player so I could finally make my dreams of DPS Carry Shenhe come true without using Chongus and a whole cannister of copium. There were never any suggestions to that end, but it was still my hope. Anemo makes sense thematically I guess if she can fly as the playable version, but still that kit....
That would never happen in a game where Faruzan supports three guys she's never met and Gorou leaves Kokomi's army to join Itto's band of misfits.

By the way I crafted that new polearm for Candace since it has HP% and some energy stuff to keep her burst up. I don't have any billets left to spare so it's stuck at r1 for now. It looks decent aesthetically. The other weapons don't seem very good. The catalyst might be okay.

There's gonna be another concert bundle with 1k primos, a name card, Sereniteapot thingy and a dark blue glider skin. You'll get it for free if you actually attend the concert, but it's purchasable in the shop too. I was hoping they'd give it away for the anniversary again, bit since it's included with the ticket I doubt it.

Speaking of anni, it's about a month away now. I'm not expecting anything different from last year, so about 20~25 wishes and some kind of cosmetic item. Would be cool if they finally changed things up though.

Pejo

Guess I'm going back in then. I like the Melusine despite them being maggotslugs that spawned from rotting flesh. At least they're normally understandable unlike the Aranara. I wonder if we'll get a new tribe of weird mascot characters with every nation now.
I like the Melusine too. That little dance they do is cute and they're inoffensive with their text lines unlike the Aranarabarapara. They're also surprisingly smart sometimes and surprisingly stupid at other times, a good dichotomy without overstaying its welcome.
Seeing the... interesting fan art the Melusine have inspired, it seems to be a successful formula.
Forbidden knowledge. Burn it down!
iu

I feel like that's gonna attract the MLP crowd, something we desperately don't need in the Genshin fanbase, we already have enough absolute degenerates.
That would never happen in a game where Faruzan supports three guys she's never met and Gorou leaves Kokomi's army to join Itto's band of misfits.
I know, it was just my own personal brand of cope. It would fill so many niches though. Make Shenhe as strong as her lore, make CR useful to both Ganyu and CR, again tying into lore. More choices for imbues, chance for transformation mechanics, etc. Would be so good, that's why I know MHY will NEVER. Technically the kit you described in the leak, Venti can already do with his hold skill, and literally NOBODY uses it. That's why it sounds 100% correct.

Dragonstrike Diluc mains are probably sitting over there
Birdman Rubbing Hands GIF

By the way I crafted that new polearm for Candace since it has HP% and some energy stuff to keep her burst up. I don't have any billets left to spare so it's stuck at r1 for now. It looks decent aesthetically. The other weapons don't seem very good. The catalyst might be okay.
I saw that! I will be making a R5 one of those once I get enough of the new ore (which again they don't make obtainable in regional comissions, fucking assholes). We get a 4* event sword with HP main stat next patch too. That fills two of my biggest 4* weapon needs, now I just need an ER main substat bow that gives EM as a passive.
There's gonna be another concert bundle with 1k primos, a name card, Sereniteapot thingy and a dark blue glider skin. You'll get it for free if you actually attend the concert, but it's purchasable in the shop too. I was hoping they'd give it away for the anniversary again, bit since it's included with the ticket I doubt it.
Does "attending the concert" also mean just tuning in to the live broadcast on YouTube, or do you mean literally going to the event to get it for free? I want a fucking red glider. That KFC wing promotion was the worst/most obtuse thing they've done and I refused to support it, but now I will forever be without red gliders until Natlan I guess.
Speaking of anni, it's about a month away now. I'm not expecting anything different from last year, so about 20~25 wishes and some kind of cosmetic item. Would be cool if they finally changed things up though.
More than rewards, I hope that this Anni has major QoL updates. Things like resin amounts/ways to use it, new daily quest structure, etc. That means more to me on anniversaries than a handful of free pulls and some thank you letter that shows me how many Hilichurls I killed this year.

deanote666

You could look at the technological disparity this way.

Desert civilization was super advanced = destroyed.
Khaenri'ah civilization was super advanced = destroyed.
Fontaine civilization is super advanced = prophesied to be destroyed.

Seen some games have disparities as well.
Final Fantasy 8: 1920's town being attacked by a robot spider. Later end up on a space station built by a country at the Jetsons' level of technology.
Final Fantasy 10: Stigma against mechs because super advanced civilizations get wiped out but the religious center has a bunch of mechs.

Regarding all of these notebooks, etc. in Genshin, they need to implement a centralized archive for those so we can see them all next to each other.

Pejo

Regarding all of these notebooks, etc. in Genshin, they need to implement a centralized archive for those so we can see them all next to each other.
There literally is a book archive lol. In the pause menu.

What I wish is that they would also include those stone tablets and monuments and stuff with lore added in one place. You currently have to physically go to them to read them or just look it up on the wiki, which is annoying. That would be a nice QoL, to let us do like carbon copies of those monuments that we can keep in a collection. Or maybe that's what you meant from the start, I can't tell.

Pejo

Luxurious chest on the back of the giant tower in the court of Fontaine next to the statue of the seven.
So I think I already got this, but I've been looking just in case. I'm up to 96% in that last region and any chest helps. Was this inside/outside the tower? If it was outside, was it toward the back facing NW or? At the top or the base or? I planted a temporary waypoint at the top of the tower by the statue just in case.

deanote666

So I think I already got this, but I've been looking just in case. I'm up to 96% in that last region and any chest helps. Was this inside/outside the tower? If it was outside, was it toward the back facing NW or? At the top or the base or? I planted a temporary waypoint at the top of the tower by the statue just in case.
Outside, northwest facing side of the tower/back side. Not sure how high up. Elemental vision helps find chests. One of the airships takes you to the top of the tower if you don't feel like climbing.

The southern tip of the opera house with that big water pool has a hidden chest - need to break all the pots in the water. Ironically, this was the area I was force teleported to in my earlier post where the game kind of crashed while talking with a NPC.

Those shiny triangles that drop mora add to the %.

Dig up the beach next to the warp point north of the court of fontaine, fight the crabs you dig up, 2 bigger crabs show up, and you get a chest.

I'm at 100% in all 3 areas but less than 10 sigils short of getting the fountain up to level 20 so I'm still combing for chests too...

Last edited:
I saw that! I will be making a R5 one of those once I get enough of the new ore (which again they don't make obtainable in regional comissions, fucking assholes). We get a 4* event sword with HP main stat next patch too. That fills two of my biggest 4* weapon needs, now I just need an ER main substat bow that gives EM as a passive.
Leakers seem to be going back and forth between the sword and a catalyst. The catalyst would make a bit more sense since both Wriothesley and Neuvilette use one.

Does "attending the concert" also mean just tuning in to the live broadcast on YouTube, or do you mean literally going to the event to get it for free? I want a fucking red glider. That KFC wing promotion was the worst/most obtuse thing they've done and I refused to support it, but now I will forever be without red gliders until Natlan I guess.
You have to buy a ticket and physically attend the concert. I've seen other people mention red gliders, but it seems like they're not a priority for the devs.

More than rewards, I hope that this Anni has major QoL updates. Things like resin amounts/ways to use it, new daily quest structure, etc. That means more to me on anniversaries than a handful of free pulls and some thank you letter that shows me how many Hilichurls I killed this year.
I agree. Modernizing the shop, adding more cosmetics etc. would be my preference.

Damn, a perm too. Happened just today. Looking through his post history, he said EL was a "dumbass" for not selling NeoGAF years ago. Came off as a joke to me, so a permanent ban seems excessive. Hope it's reversed.

How do you see post history of banned members? This is the 2nd GI regular who got a perm.

Edit: Nevermind. You can search posts by member.

Last edited:
So Yelan needs stuff from the Chasm, is that before or after Inazuma? I want to go down there and see what’s up but after getting underground it looks like it’s going to be its own thing like DragonSpine was.

Pejo

So Yelan needs stuff from the Chasm, is that before or after Inazuma? I want to go down there and see what’s up but after getting underground it looks like it’s going to be its own thing like DragonSpine was.
Yea there's an outdoor component next to Liyue and a whole separate underground map (like the 3.8 summer event map). It's got a pretty long quest tied to it to open all the stuff and bosses.

Yea there's an outdoor component next to Liyue and a whole separate underground map (like the 3.8 summer event map). It's got a pretty long quest tied to it to open all the stuff and bosses.
Dude the chasm is literally filled to bursting with stuff, gems, ore, ect it’s kind of crazy how much I’m getting down there.
Found that ruin serpent and fucked him up good lol

I’m thinking about the new battle pass. All those extra mats and gold and stuff would be really nice and help me get another 2 characters up to speeds, saving me a ton of time. Are the any of the new battle pass weapons any good? If the weapons are also good I might pull the trigger. I easily reached lvl50 in the last one and we still have 29 days on the current pass.

Pejo

I’m thinking about the new battle pass. All those extra mats and gold and stuff would be really nice and help me get another 2 characters up to speeds, saving me a ton of time. Are the any of the new battle pass weapons any good? If the weapons are also good I might pull the trigger. I easily reached lvl50 in the last one and we still have 29 days on the current pass.
It's been a minute since I looked, but the NEW ones don't seem all that good, no. Black Sword and Serpent Spine are both decent though, depending on the character.

Dude the chasm is literally filled to bursting with stuff, gems, ore, ect it’s kind of crazy how much I’m getting down there.
Found that ruin serpent and fucked him up good lol
Yea I really liked chasm for the story quest. Sadly other than for grabbing ore, the game literally never takes you back there other than one event. Enkanomiya too, but at least it had a major event patch down there.

It's been a minute since I looked, but the NEW ones don't seem all that good, no. Black Sword and Serpent Spine are both decent though, depending on the character.

Yea I really liked chasm for the story quest. Sadly other than for grabbing ore, the game literally never takes you back there other than one event. Enkanomiya too, but at least it had a major event patch down there.
I was eyeing that off field Jade catalyst, since I play basically everyone as a support for Eula anyway. I thought it could work pretty good for Kokomi. She’s currently using TTDS.

EDIT
also anyone have any suggestions on whose the best Dendro character out of Yaoyao, Collei, Kaveh, Kirara.
I would be playing them in a team with ice (Elua) and water (Kokomi) if a dendro takes the 3rd spot, that leaves me with a flex spot to try and make a team out, of probably an Electro person.

Last edited:

Pejo

I was eyeing that off field Jade catalyst, since I play basically everyone as a support for Eula anyway. I thought it could work pretty good for Kokomi. She’s currently using TTDS.
TTDS is actually one of her best weapons as long as you're mindful of the order that you're swapping characters. It only buffs the very next character you swap to after having her active, so if you're doing Kokomi -> Another support -> Eula, it does nothing for her.

That Jade book is only good for the HP%. The EM does almost zero benefit in a physical team. I think you get a minor damage increase on the "Shatter" effect, but that's literally all. I'd stick with TTDS provided you are good with the swapping order.

There's also the craftable Prototype Amber which is good for any catalyst healer to feed themselves some energy and to do additional (off field) HP% based healing. I have 2 of them maxed at R5 because they can even turn a non-healer catalyst user into a healer, particularly if they have a shield (Yanfei) or a low cost high uptime Burst (Ningguang).

also anyone have any suggestions on whose the best Dendro character out of Yaoyao, Collei, Kaveh, Kirara.
I would be playing them in a team with ice (Elua) and water (Kokomi) if a dendro takes the 3rd spot, that leaves me with a flex spot to try and make a team out, of probably an Electro person.
Well, it depends. They all have slightly different uses. Yaoyao offers healing + decent Dendro application while off field, but if I remember correctly she needs some constellations to unlock her potential. She's good in a Bountiful Cores Nilou team but you don't have her so that doesn't matter for now. Kirara's shield can get BEEFY if you really go all in on HP. Rumors are that we get an HP% Sword next patch, but as InterMusketeer InterMusketeer mentioned the leaks can go either way on that one. Otherwise, her Dendro application sucks, but she is the fastest climber in the game when she uses her boxcat form. Kaveh is a Dendro core driver and almost nobody uses him because it requires him to be on-field and his personal damage is kinda "meh". He has a unique passive that absorbs Dendro core damage explosions and heals himself. Collei is my pick for how you want to build that team. She's got good off-field application, low cost Burst, and her skill gets better and better with constellations. I use her in my main 'universal' team that can handle any situation and she's been clutch. I forget which constellation adds a pulsing Dendro circle around your active character after you use her skill, but that's the one that makes her truly good as it greatly extends her off-field Dendro application while not relying on her Burst.

Until you get a few 4* Dendro constellations, Dendro Traveler is also really good, but literally ONLY for the burst, so you want to devote everything to Energy Recharge (and probably use the Sacrificial Sword if you have one to get more particles back).

Last edited:
Just finished the enigmatic page quest. The Abyss just looked like Enkanomiya. In fact, one room was copied directly from there I think.

Not too sure about the lore implications from all those texts. I think they were trying to find a way to kill Elyas, but a weapon that could do that would require huge amounts of energy. That's how the research on Ousia and Pneuma started, as well as the Oratrice. Meanwhile some dude had a vision about the world ending and he was convinced that humanity had to ascend to prepare for it. He infiltrated(?) the institute and slowly corrupted his fellow researchers to advance his schemes, ultimately resulting in people getting turned into Oceanids. I think I read that they needed to filter contaminated water too, and that's what they needed Oceanids for because all the original ones had left. But I'm not sure how the water ended up that way. Something to do with the corruption from the nails? Or just from Elyas' toxic blood or something? I still can't keep track of all these character names. I only remember Jakob and Mary-Ann because we actually met them.

The new sword and polearm are good for many DPS characters. The bow is very specific to aimed shot characters. The claymore sucks. The catalyst might be interesting for certain off-field characters. Not Kokomi though, since she can't make use of the crit rate stat.

The old claymore is also still very good, but not for characters from Fontaine (or Dehya) due to their health sacrificing mechanics.

I'd personally wait a bit longer until more Fontaine characters are released to see what weapons they best work with.

Pejo

Just finished the enigmatic page quest. The Abyss just looked like Enkanomiya. In fact, one room was copied directly from there I think.

Not too sure about the lore implications from all those texts. I think they were trying to find a way to kill Elyas, but a weapon that could do that would require huge amounts of energy. That's how the research on Ousia and Pneuma started, as well as the Oratrice. Meanwhile some dude had a vision about the world ending and he was convinced that humanity had to ascend to prepare for it. He infiltrated(?) the institute and slowly corrupted his fellow researchers to advance his schemes, ultimately resulting in people getting turned into Oceanids. I think I read that they needed to filter contaminated water too, and that's what they needed Oceanids for because all the original ones had left. But I'm not sure how the water ended up that way. Something to do with the corruption from the nails? Or just from Elyas' toxic blood or something? I still can't keep track of all these character names. I only remember Jakob and Mary-Ann because we actually met them.
I went back down and re-read the entire thing in order the other day just for my own curiosity. A few things of note that I put together (just a foreword because that means it could be and likely is a bit wrong):

So the "mother" that Elyias was referring to was actually J, one of the hexenzirkel Rhinedottir the more common name. I was assuming the whole time that "mother" was an even bigger snake dragon thing, but since he's not the Hydro sovereign dragon, and it lines up with many things from Durin on Dragonspine, I think it's clear now that she was the one that made them. There are also multiple snake dragons in that area, but we only go inside of and interact with Elyias. The entire book with the Enigmatic Pages was written from the viewpoint of the Fatui, and it was them researching the "golden troupe" which were around 500 years ago at the cataclysm. They made that 4 circle + tree design which I'm inferring is laid out over Fontaine with the tree pointing south into Sumeru, like a really huge version of it. The intent was to modify the "world", so likely it was done trying to rewrite Irminsul as mere humans in order to try to save humanity from the next "reset" which supposedly happens often and this one we are unlikely to survive. Maybe due to Celestia's meddling. Elyias was long 'dead' when the book was written, but by using his blood they were able to modify their bodies into Oceanids and other things (like Jakob how he looks like a lector). They also found a way to tap into the abyss where the rifthounds were made and open gateways to that part of the abyss. I'm guessing some of the Fatui in Mondstadt were also pissing with this which explains why there are rifthounds near Boreas. There's also one of those big cement circles on the NW beach of Elyias' island, currently with nothing there. I wonder if the 4 circles are THAT massive that one of them was in Mondstadt? You can see the drawing I'm referring to in Enigmatic Page 1. They've been kind of coy with Alain, I'm sure we're gonna run into him or his story at some point in the future of Fontaine.

Pejo

I mentioned trying to get back to that place during one of the world quests the other day. Found a solution on reddit:

Pejo

Has anyone got anything by feeding the dog next to the broken ship in the underwater section?
I'm on day 2 in a row of doing it, they like making you wait 5 days for that type of quest though. I didn't even see the dog until the recent swimming time trial event took me back to that room.

Btw, you're Guslyn right? You gotta have mercy and put a few teleporters on the other islands in your teapot. I had to climb all the way up today to check for any new Fontaine spincrystals.

Also, a few enemy leaks for 4.1. Looks like one of them might be the Oratrice?

*edit*

Imgur albums and GAF never work correctly. Click the blank image (if it's blank for you) and then go up to the URL bar and hit enter on it again and it should load properly.

*edit2*

Ningguang official birthday art:

F4bcwoKaoAAmBYb

Unofficial but good Yelan art:

Last edited:
Has anyone got anything by feeding the dog next to the broken ship in the underwater section?
The game doesn't even acknowledge that you did it in anyway, so I doubt it'll do anything.

The leftmost island is now at 100% exploration after I went to that Abyssal dimension but somehow I'm still finding chests there. I don't like how they calculate that, no sir.

Btw, you're Guslyn right? You gotta have mercy and put a few teleporters on the other islands in your teapot. I had to climb all the way up today to check for any new Fontaine spincrystals.
I have no idea what that is but I put waypoints for you all over.

The game doesn't even
acknowledge that you did it in anyway, so I doubt it'll do anything.

The leftmost island is now at 100% exploration after I went to that Abyssal dimension but somehow I'm still finding chests there. I don't like how they calculate that, no sir.
Yeah same for me. The dog doesn't care. The food just disappears.

What is the
abyssal dimension
?

Not sure if it's been talked about here yet, but apparently there's a game breaking hack of sorts that can happen currently if you let other people join your game. Best stay away from co-op unless this gets fixed. The error message used for the thumbnail has nothing to do with this issue, btw.

Pejo

I have no idea what that is but I put waypoints for you all over.
It was mostly just a joke, but thanks! Tubby, the other teapot bird that spawns on the weekends has a random selection of spincrystals (the discs that let you play various OST songs in your teapot). I am checking him in any in-game friend's teapot that have it open. I've been in yours a few times while you're not logged in and it always seems to spawn Tubby on that little island at the very top of your layout, and since you had no teleporters I would have to run all the way from the bottom.

Not sure if it's been talked about here yet, but apparently there's a game breaking hack of sorts that can happen currently if you let other people join your game. Best stay away from co-op unless this gets fixed. The error message used for the thumbnail has nothing to do with this issue, btw.

Man, this one has zero effect other than to be a shithead to people. Reminds me of those Elden Ring/Dark Souls exploits where people would invade and drop hacked items into somebody's world and get them softbanned without any input from them. People need to get a fucking life.

It was mostly just a joke, but thanks! Tubby, the other teapot bird that spawns on the weekends has a random selection of spincrystals (the discs that let you play various OST songs in your teapot). I am checking him in any in-game friend's teapot that have it open. I've been in yours a few times while you're not logged in and it always seems to spawn Tubby on that little island at the very top of your layout, and since you had no teleporters I would have to run all the way from the bottom.

Ah the golden disc thingy. I saw Tubby there and put one waypoint near him.

How do you even visit another players teapot? I still have the quest saying to buy something from another players pot, so I’ve been forever stuck on chapter 3 of that book lol

Pejo

How do you even visit another players teapot? I still have the quest saying to buy something from another players pot, so I’ve been forever stuck on chapter 3 of that book lol
You go into the friends menu then click the R3 stick on somebody (if playing on controller) and it opens a menu where one of the options is "visit serenetea pot". Some people like myself and most of the gaffers that are on my friend list keep the teapot open at all times, even if they're not logged in, but the setting for it is in a weird spot that I don't even remember right now. Anyways, for most people, they have to be online and accept your teapot entrance request to let them in.

BJK

You go into the friends menu then click the R3 stick on somebody (if playing on controller) and it opens a menu where one of the options is "visit serenetea pot". Some people like myself and most of the gaffers that are on my friend list keep the teapot open at all times, even if they're not logged in, but the setting for it is in a weird spot that I don't even remember right now. Anyways, for most people, they have to be online and accept your teapot entrance request to let them in.
What are the settings that actually allow your teapot to be visited (without your character being online)?

I don’t really care about all things teapot, so showing off is a non-issue, but I would rather be a team player for my online peeps if possible. I think I set it up a long time ago, but the last time the game gave a report I had zero visitors.

Also, curious how many world bosses people have found in Fontaine. Most of the water ones just apply the combat mechanics borrowed from sea creatures. I only remember one of the on-land fights, the water Eidolon who beat up my leveling party until I came back with Zhongli (whose pillars can block the ranged attacks). Free primogems (via the achievements), but only if you come across them in the first place.

Pejo

What are the settings that actually allow your teapot to be visited (without your character being online)?

I don’t really care about all things teapot, so showing off is a non-issue, but I would rather be a team player for my online peeps if possible. I think I set it up a long time ago, but the last time the game gave a report I had zero visitors.
I'll have to look when I get back into the game. It was in a very weird place all by itself. I want to say it's on the map screen only when you're inside your own teapot, but I could be wrong.
Also, curious how many world bosses people have found in Fontaine. Most of the water ones just apply the combat mechanics borrowed from sea creatures. I only remember one of the on-land fights, the water Eidolon who beat up my leveling party until I came back with Zhongli (whose pillars can block the ranged attacks). Free primogems (via the achievements), but only if you come across them in the first place.
There's 8 of them total (so far). Leaks show that we're getting 2 more next patch and that number will probably continue to grow. The manta ray ones also have a secret achievement if you get teleported away by them.

Pejo

Oh also, they found out how people are using Kaveh to delete important NPCs out of other people's worlds, have fixed the vulnerability and are going out and banning users and suing the developers/distributors of the plugin. So according to official HoYoVerse notifications, it's safe to Co-op again. For now....

Dregnel

Oh also, they found out how people are using Kaveh to delete important NPCs out of other people's worlds, have fixed the vulnerability and are going out and banning users and suing the developers/distributors of the plugin. So according to official HoYoVerse notifications, it's safe to Co-op again. For now....

when i see a kevah i leave the party anyway, i don't want to be fujo baited, I have always been safe.

deanote666

I'll have to look when I get back into the game. It was in a very weird place all by itself. I want to say it's on the map screen only when you're inside your own teapot, but I could be wrong.

There's 8 of them total (so far). Leaks show that we're getting 2 more next patch and that number will probably continue to grow. The manta ray ones also have a secret achievement if you get teleported away by them.

How do you get get teleported away by them.?

The 2 swords give one too if a character gets KO'd by them.

Pejo

How do you get get teleported away by them.?

The 2 swords give one too if a character gets KO'd by them.
Looks like I misread something at the link, I was referring to this part:

Get An Achievement if You Lose​

If one or more of your characters die while challenging the Fairy Knight Twins and you teleport away, you get The White Path Between Two Rivers achievement!

Top Bottom