• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Will the Nobelsse Oblige 2pc bonus (20% ele burst damage) work for Yelan? Will her dice become 20% stronger? I have some N.Oblige pieces and they have HP% so I thought it would be a good fit

Edit

Also what’s the best way to level up artifacts?
right now I’ve just been feeding lower rarity artifacts to higher rarity ones, but I keep running out. Is it worth grinding the dungeons just to feed the junk to better stuff?

Last edited:

SSfox

Will the Nobelsse Oblige 2pc bonus (20% ele burst damage) work for Yelan? Will her dice become 20% stronger? I have some N.Oblige pieces and they have HP% so I thought it would be a good fit

Edit

right now I’ve just been feeding lower rarity artifacts to higher rarity ones, but I keep running out. Is it worth grinding the dungeons just to feed the junk to better stuff?
You can do that it's good option for Yelan, tho if your Yelan is C0 4 pieces Emblem is the best

For artefacts upgrade if you really in the need you can do some Artefacts routes, take 10 minutes to get around 120 (1 and 2 star quality) artefacts.

You can also use strongbox for Emblem, I got some cool upgrades personally recently from it

Last edited:
You can do that it's good option for Yelan, tho if your Yelan is C0 4 pieces Emblem is the best

For artefacts upgrade if you really in the need you can do some Artefacts routes, take 10 minutes to get around 120 (1 and star quality) artefacts.

You can also use strongbox for Emblem, I got some cool upgrades personally recently from it
Ya the N.Oblige 2pc set was just free from the adventure book, and they have decent sub stats and both pieces have HP%, figured with the set bonus, why not. Should be a good place holder. Nice to hear this works.

I’ll have to look up artifact routes, I didn’t even know this was a thing 😅

Edit
And ya, pretty much all my 5* are C0 (all but Diluc at C1)

Last edited:

Pejo

Not a bad set for her. If you don't have anyone else giving the attack boost from the 4pc Noblesse set, then it's good especially until her personal damage starts to make up the difference for the 20% attack for the whole party. Emblem of Severed Fate usually is her BiS once you invest her enough though. Particularly in that Energy Recharge is more valuable to keep her Burst uptime high, in addition to the increased damage.
Edit

If you need a quick level up, there are some artifact XP items for sale in your teapot that refreshes weekly, once you hit a certain level from Chubby. Other than that, there are artifact routes as SSfox SSfox mentioned where you can click the little shinies on boxes and stuff to get the white/green ones, but they don't individually give much xp and I feel like it's a waste of time. Most reliable way is to just run artifact domains and use purple or below tier artifacts as xp fodder. I would recommend against using gold tier artifacts as fodder unless you're feeding a replacement piece to a better one you just got. Level 1 gold artifacts are more valuable to use in the artifact recycler system where you feed random gold artifacts into a machine that spits out random artifacts but from a specific set that you pick. It really helps when the domain is one of the more annoying ones or when a great set of artifacts is paired with a really BAD set of artifacts (VV paired with Maiden Beloved, for instance).

Saw this earlier....

moszi2o82kmb1.jpg

Big head shaking all around because while the two soon-to-be parents are stupid for naming their kid after Raiden Shogun, the girl posting about it can't even spell "apparently" and that's with all of the modern spellcheckers active pretty much everywhere.

So my gf is out of town and I wanted to surprise her when she comes back by buying her a Welkin card and the battle pass, I’m seeing there’s no way to gift these kinds of things to people, and I can’t find any gift cards or anything, like $20 or $50 cards for example to use in games. Does Genshin not have anything like this?

deanote666

So my gf is out of town and I wanted to surprise her when she comes back by buying her a Welkin card and the battle pass, I’m seeing there’s no way to gift these kinds of things to people, and I can’t find any gift cards or anything, like $20 or $50 cards for example to use in games. Does Genshin not have anything like this?
Not that I'm aware of.

Can always get a psn/google/apple card if you're playing on those.

Anyone know how to solve this?

Can only find the 2 mechanisms but it thinks it still isn't solved.
I have no clue either. Tried it multiple times on multiple days but wasn't able to solve that one.

I’m seeing there’s no way to gift these kinds of things to people
There's stuff like codashop and razer gold but I have no experience with them myself. I've seen streamers get gifted crystals and such so it is certainly possible.

deanote666 deanote666 I play on PS5 so it’s Ezpz, she plays on her laptop tho.

InterMusketeer InterMusketeer i heard some stuff about the coda site, but I’m weary of 3rd party exchange sites in general.

Edit.

In other news Diluc was so clutch in the event today with the bonus to vaporize. The enemies are already wet lol so I kicked Yelan out for Xingling for more pyro and the extra damage from the resonance.

Last edited:

deanote666

What is your most annoying domain? For me it's the Inazuma one with two giant samurais and several treasure hoarders. I hate it.
Any with waves since that drags it out.

The weapon and talent domains in Mondstadt are probably the most annoying. Next would be the artifact domain in dragonspine.

Any with waves since that drags it out.

The weapon and talent domains in Mondstadt are probably the most annoying. Next would be the artifact domain in dragonspine.
This one has the annoying treasure hoarders in waves, they stay apart throwing stuff at you and those 2 giant samurais keep jumping or dashing away and need to be killed together quickly or else one will regain 3/4th health after the other one dies.

Pejo

What is your most annoying domain? For me it's the Inazuma one with two giant samurais and several treasure hoarders. I hate it.
It will always and forever be the Mondstadt talent domain with the Cryo shielded enemies and the falling ice that also saps your stamina. I don't know what the fuck they were thinking making that something you have to grind repeatedly. I ended up building a team just for that domain to make it go as fast as possible - Diluc/Xiangling/Zhongli/Shogun.

The Mondstadt weapon material domain sucks too (water enemies with the bubbles and huge increase to cooldown for all skills) if you don't have Ganyu, or I suspect Ayaka. Either of those two make it a cakewalk since they can freeze everything and their attacks aren't shackled behind skill cooldowns. Maybe Wriothesley will be good there too?

Anyways, I finally hit "100%" in all areas in the game again. That northern part of Fontaine was one of only two areas since the game launched where I had to actually look up stuff on the interactive map to finish the completion % goal. Turns out there were a LOT of Common chests hidden around in hard to see places and inside bushes. The bush ones piss me off because unless you go full lawnmower mode you are never going to see them, and I refuse to chop down every bush in the game for 2 primogems per chest. I know there's still tons of stuff I missed but once that number hits 100% (even though it's not really 100%) that's good enough for me. I dunno how deanote666 deanote666 and ol' Fuz used to check off every single chest on the map. That would feel like doing chores to me.

I decided since I started using Hu Tao a bit to finally level my Xingqiu. He's got such a fantastic kit, it's a shame that it's stuck behind such a poorly designed twink. Or a great twink design if that's what you're into I guess. Makes me remember how awful fighting the Oceanid boss is though. Takes for fuckin' ever to wait for her to sink the platforms and spawn her animals. Once again Ganyu makes that one cakewalk, and my Layla's shield can tank those explosions from the birds/frogs, so I don't even have to dodge anything anymore.

After leveling up Xingqiu, the only characters that I have that I haven't maxed out will be Gorou, Mika, and Aloy. I actually like Mika's kit, so I'll probably build him someday just for shits n' giggles. Gorou I might have to build if Navia is a DPS and if she's actually decent. I'd prefer if she was a non-Geo specific support or healer though, honestly. Mono Geo is basically just yellow Physical so I'm not exactly pumped to make a team like that.

jonnyXx

The one in Mondstadt with the raining icicles that stunlock you and drain all your stamina instantly. Hate that one to this day.

And the one atop Dragonspine was really rough when I first reached AR45 and after spending a lot of time and getting nothing but trash artifacts I never went back to it.

How do you guys check how many chests are done/pending in an area?
Every region has achievements for opening chests. Your total amount opened is listed there. Then you cross reference with what the community has found to be the total amount of chests. I'm at 303 for Fontaine currently so I'm apparently missing 35 still.

Speaking of achievements, it's now possible to have 1000 of them unlocked. I'm still somewhere in the low 900s. How about you guys?

Pejo

Speaking of achievements, it's now possible to have 1000 of them unlocked. I'm still somewhere in the low 900s. How about you guys?
I don't look up those untracked achievements in the "Wonders of the World" category, but I try to knock the other ones out when I can. I'm sitting at only 917. A few I will likely never complete like the ones that require RNG from daily commissions, and I have a bunch of Co-op ones to finish someday when I get ambitious.

In other news, somebody finally heard our prayers and made a Wanderer line of clothing that you can buy in real life. Bless.

z4qicukzj1nb1.jpg

Pejo

Did you guys notice the
crying woman voice inside the fountain by the opera house? I wonder if that's Furina or the previous archon or the culmination of all the Oceanids that we saw during the quest?

You can hear it easily if you stand inside it and turn the volume way up. Careful for random NPC lines blowing out your speakers though.

Did you guys notice the
crying woman voice inside the fountain by the opera house? I wonder if that's Furina or the previous archon or the culmination of all the Oceanids that we saw during the quest?

You can hear it easily if you stand inside it and turn the volume way up. Careful for random NPC lines blowing out your speakers though.
Saw some videos of it but wasn't able to hear it in my own game. Most people seem to think it's Furina but like you I'm not quite certain.

deanote666

Question regarding the mechs in Fontaine...

Why are they attacking us out in the wild? Are they leftovers from that one dude from the trial?

The other mechs I can understand since they're on auto from destroyed civilizations but why Fontaine's mechs? They're supposed to protect people and I thought we were still on good terms with the Fontain government.

Last edited:

Pejo

Question regarding the mechs in Fontaine...

Why are they attacking us out in the wild? Are they leftovers from that one dude from the trial?

The other mechs I can understand since they're on auto from destroyed civilizations but why Fontaine's mechs? They're supposed to protect people and I thought we were still on good terms with the Fontain government.
Supposedly the rich and the mafia can purchase ones that don't respond to the garde controllers. Maybe also some rogue/malfunctioning if daily commission titles can be believed.

First half 4.1 banners:

W170Uj5.jpeg

I like Neuvi, but this is sadly another pass for me.

Supposedly the rich and the mafia can purchase ones that don't respond to the garde controllers. Maybe also some rogue/malfunctioning if daily commission titles can be believed.

First half 4.1 banners:

W170Uj5.jpeg

Oh nice, I will throw some pulls just to get Fischl

Pejo

With nothing exciting left on the horizon for 4.0 I asked a mod to move us back to Communities. I think we got any new lurkers/posters that we're gonna get for now. So if you need to find the thread, we're back in Communities.

Nankatsu

Gold Member

First half 4.1 banners:

W170Uj5.jpeg

So Wriothesely thrown under the bus and going standard banner, is that it?

Another bad banner, and my hopes keep increasing for a good archon banner. I'd love to see a new 4-star on there too. Though I guess there's still plenty of old characters like Sucrose, Razor etc. who haven't been featured in a while.

Not sure if it's been mentioned here before, but supposedly Ganyu and Xingqiu are up for skins this coming lantern rite. I hope Ganyu gets a good one. Hopefully a 5-star skin. They could probably come up with some cool new effects for her.

deanote666

When you find a vine covered chest and it's raining...

Also, apparently Yae's turrets target exploding barrels and can be used in time challenges.

jonnyXx

Another bad banner, and my hopes keep increasing for a good archon banner. I'd love to see a new 4-star on there too. Though I guess there's still plenty of old characters like Sucrose, Razor etc. who haven't been featured in a while.

Not sure if it's been mentioned here before, but supposedly Ganyu and Xingqiu are up for skins this coming lantern rite. I hope Ganyu gets a good one. Hopefully a 5-star skin. They could probably come up with some cool new effects for her.

Great banner for me even if I'm not crazy about either of the 5 stars.

My Xingqiu and Fischl are C0 so I'll be very glad to grab some constellations for them. Also I started Genshin during 3.5 phase 2 and got Diona to C5 while pulling for Shenhe so I'll appreciate finally getting her C6.

I hope there will be a free Xingqiu outfit cause those short shorts he wears really ruin his look for me.

Hopefully one of these reruns have Raiden Shogun.
That probably won't happen until 4.3 at the earliest. The next update (4.1) is rumored to have Venti, and 4.2 will introduce Focalors as the newest archon. They don't usually do multiple archon banners within a single update.

4.3 is the Lunar New Year update (Jan/Feb), which usually focuses on Liyue characters, but they abandoned that theme this year with Alhaitham's banner. Shogun is one of their most popular characters and she makes boatloads of cash for MHY, so it'd make sense to have her banner on during the holiday. There's a possibility she might get delayed to 4.4 though.

In any case, it'll likely take a while still.

deanote666

Great banner for me even if I'm not crazy about either of the 5 stars.

My Xingqiu and Fischl are C0 so I'll be very glad to grab some constellations for them. Also I started Genshin during 3.5 phase 2 and got Diona to C5 while pulling for Shenhe so I'll appreciate finally getting her C6.

I hope there will be a free Xingqiu outfit cause those short shorts he wears really ruin his look for me.
My C6 Fischl is a beast. Does crazy damage for a 4*, especially compared to the newer 4*. Definitely worth getting if you can.

looks like I’ll be saving for a while. Which is fine.
Got Jean last night off a blue wish 🥳 so was happy about that. Slowly collecting all the Mondstat homies I guess.
But nothing on this banner looks even remotely interesting to me.
If/when Fischl come I’ll throw a few to get her, but ya, might go into side game status for a bit and this could be a good time to play Baldurs Gate 3 anyway. Maybe it’s for the best.

Last edited:

Pejo

Looks like the lead composer from HoYoMix is leaving the company. Surprising because there's gotta be money on the table for him to stay, and each new region offers lots of opportunities for different musical styles. Seems like the dream job for a composer if I'm being honest. Maybe it's back end politics or something.

Also, this new Unity shit is interesting since Genshin is made on a heavily customized Unity engine. Wonder what miHoYo are going to do about this? That's many millions of dollars they'll owe suddenly.

Pejo

New Dev diary. Basically they're dropping the difficulty for ascension quests a bit and making things quicker/easier to navigate. The big takeaways for me are the new Daily reward system and the ability to auto level artifacts to +4/8/12/16 so you don't waste XP going past a threshold on a shit artifact.

bdeju4v08snb1.jpg

na3y9zh18snb1.jpg

ihifup628snb1.jpg

deanote666

I'm meh on the daily commission changes. Let us have some control over the dailies so we can get achievements and not bounce on mushrooms or chase the weasel.

Looks like the lead composer from HoYoMix is leaving the company.
That's a shame. He made some really cool music for this game. Whoever will replace him has some big shoes to fill.

If you go to Genshin's Twitch schedule, it says the broadcast for 4.1 is 2 hours long. Not sure if it's always like that (maybe they include countdowns etc.) but that seems really long.

Pejo

That's a shame. He made some really cool music for this game. Whoever will replace him has some big shoes to fill.

If you go to Genshin's Twitch schedule, it says the broadcast for 4.1 is 2 hours long. Not sure if it's always like that (maybe they include countdowns etc.) but that seems really long.
From what I read he only helped with 2 songs in Sumeru and has done almost nothing for Fontaine, so it sounds like the company is in good hands. (pun intended)

2 hours special program? No thanks. I'll just wait for the codes while the VAs jerk each other off about how cool all these new limited male characters are.

Top Bottom