• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

From what I read he only helped with 2 songs in Sumeru and has done almost nothing for Fontaine, so it sounds like the company is in good hands. (pun intended)

2 hours special program? No thanks. I'll just wait for the codes while the VAs jerk each other off about how cool all these new limited male characters are.
That's fine then. Sumeru and Fontaine have both had great OSTs anyway. GJ to the entire team.

Oh yeah... We're getting the VAs again... :messenger_grimmacing_
I don't expect much else of note, but maybe they'll talk about the anniversary.

The most exciting thing about 4.1 will be the beta for 4.2 if they even do one. I heard some disagreement on that.

Also, some leakers are apparently backpedaling on Cloud Retainer. She might not be playable after all. That'd mean we just get the 4-star lion dog(?) boy for Lantern Rite and then maybe Clorinde or something.

Pejo

Also, some leakers are apparently backpedaling on Cloud Retainer. She might not be playable after all.
Season 5 No GIF by The Office

The Office No GIF

New web event about the concert for 40 primos: here!

It's another one and done. Just guess the track title. Pretty cute how you only hear the instruments the characters are holding.

Thank god, it was a developer stream after all.

First up, codes:
FB8PFFHT364M
JS96FEZS3P59
2T86EWGBJP6V

Anniversary rewards are known:
  • 10 Intertwined Fates
  • 1600 Primogems
  • Octobaby pet
  • Bubble blower gadget
  • 4× Fragile Resin
So nothing new there. I wish they'd do a bit more by now. A standard 5-star selector would be such a great way to attract new players and make most players feel like they got something special and valuable without costing MHY anything. But players are just satisfied with this apparently.

The new area looks pretty cool. Events seem decent enough. Venti & Hu Tao teaming up is novel. Klee's puzzle game looks neat.

Overall it's probably a good update, but the endless male banners just sour my mood. I didn't hear anything about Wrio being standard, so I guess he is limited. Watch them turn Navia or Clorinde into standard instead. Preparing for disappointment in that regard.

BJK

So when are we moving to natlan?
Probably not until 5.0 next year.

I remember when I used to worry about the primogem codes, and missing the short time window to redeem them. Now Mihoyo e-mails them to me, and I can just punch them in on my phone. So much easier!

Passing on the next set of banners, since I will try to save up for the Hydro Archon.

(Zero regret for spending so many wishes on C6 Zhongli. So long as I reset the shield on cooldown, my characters are immortal.)

Pejo

• 10 Intertwined Fates
  • 1600 Primogems
  • Octobaby pet
  • Bubble blower gadget
  • 4× Fragile Resin
This is so fucking pathetic for an anniversary for this incredibly profitable game for its 3rd year. PATHETIC. Anyways, I was busy this morning, so I'm gonna skip through the stream now a bit.

*edit*

Happy bilions of dollars MHY! A french "boy" blowing bubbles and swimming with an octopus.

Last edited:

Pejo

So Wrio is Phase 2, not standard.

Glad I saved, but I'm tempted to pull for him and neuvilette.
Yea i'll probably pull Wrio too. I'm like 55~ pulls in towards guaranteed pity though, so it's gonna suck to lose that perfect setup to get a character I want much more. Still, first Cryo Catalyst and I like his design a bit. Also Heizou left me wanting for a good punchy character. I guess I'll just decide for sure after his trial.

deanote666

Zhongli C6 heals either aren't that impressive or I haven't been hit with a strong enough attack yet...

No improvements on Jean after hitting C8...

Pejo

Zhongli C6 heals either aren't that impressive or I haven't been hit with a strong enough attack yet...

No improvements on Jean after hitting C8...
Well I mean the heals don't have to be huge exactly with a shield like John Lee's to go along with it. Just something to keep you topped off I'd imagine.

Ugh, just lost 50/50 on Zhongli to Dehya.
First time losing one on a character I was actually going for. Feels bad.
That ain't so bad if this is the first time you lost one. They call them 50/50's for a reason. Poor Dehya deserved better...

My new 4.0 Abyss Run

Last time i did it with Rational / Mono Géo, but it was even easier with those new teams, the double 80 EM helped too i guess.

I wonder why I don't see more people using Alhaitham. He's very strong, albeit rotation locked a lot of the time.

Pejo

So InterMusketeer InterMusketeer - several more leakers are saying that Cloud Retainer will be playable this lantern rite over the past few days. You had me worried there for a bit.

Also, nice Navia art:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Stumbled upon the Book of Esoteric Revelations quest...damn cool quest, specially because it's Khaenri'ah related.

Last edited:
I have many of those sacred seals from the desert. Any easy way to find where the tower tied to these are present? The only way I can think of is to check the interactive map and then visit all of them.

Pejo

Pejo

miHoYo/HoYoverse’s Cai Haoyu has resigned as the chairman of the board​

Source: https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1wj411k7G2/
Cai Haoyu has resigned as the chairman of the board, and now Liu Wei becomes the new chairman. (From official sources)
The video suggests that Cai may be dedicated full time into the new flagship project in North America, thus give full (business-wise) position to Liu.
Cai is still the controlling shareholder (there’s no change in share), so there is nothing to worry.
Another point that the video raised is that, the vice president of international affairs also resigned, along with the Hangzhou Miyi staff (the representative of the angel investor).
It is still unclear what these changes mean. But it seems to be mostly business operations, rather than some true changes.

Pejo

Looks like MHY ain't fuckin' around with Unity anymore. Bunch of dev job listings went up for engine developers.

7cb2eg8w34pb1.png

Man I can't get over how fucking stupid that whole thing was on Unity's part. They are gonna lose anyone worth keeping, and all they had to do was build a standard revenue share into their contracts moving forward.

deanote666

Looks like MHY ain't fuckin' around with Unity anymore. Bunch of dev job listings went up for engine developers.

7cb2eg8w34pb1.png

Man I can't get over how fucking stupid that whole thing was on Unity's part. They are gonna lose anyone worth keeping, and all they had to do was build a standard revenue share into their contracts moving forward.
But what does it mean?

Pejo

But what does it mean?
Basically when Unity fucked around the past week or so, MHY realized that they have several of the most profitable games of the past 5 years on Unity, so they want out from underneath that dumpster fire. Looks like they're going to build (and eventually transition) off of Unity on to a proprietary engine.

Pejo

Looks like Star Rail has cannibalized Genshin quite a bit, and both games are "suffering" because of it. Still makes ludicrous amounts of money, but it looks like marketing similar games to similar audiences has a cap of what people will stomach from both a time and spending angle.

Pejo

Kind of bad/cringe but kind of fun and silly too.
Checked out some other stuff in their channel. Very creative group.
Man I couldn't make it through that whole video, I don't know how your stomach allowed you to look for more. And this is coming from a guy that owns a Mona fig.
Pejo Pejo
Welt left the company? 🥺
No, the owner/CEO is Da Wei (I forget his real name). This is just the chairman of the Board of Directors. Wei is the one that inserts himself in every game (like the hilichurl with the briefcase full of primogems and Welt).

Also, I'm seriously bummed out about this Unity shit. I've finally got my head around enough of Unity to be able to set exclusive fullscreen on my own since Genshin doesn't have settings for it, and now it's worthless. Hopefully in their new engine they allow non-native resolution exclusive fullscreen, but I'm not optimistic about it since they don't do it now.

Pejo

Another Genshin Killer joins the fray!

Doesn't look too bad, but I feel that calling it a "gameplay" video was a bit of a lie. I like some of the character designs, even the males who mostly don't look like twinks.

This is also the first one that's not some licensed IP shlock that's from JP I think, instead of CN. You can tell because a character like this exists:

AaAVjhL.jpg

*edit*

Looks like MHY is fine giving us twinks and ugly designs in the game and then bringing out the big guns for their HoYoFair official art.

Why can't these be in-game skins?

Last edited:
Charlotte is a neat bonus, but I was kinda hoping for the slug girl as a dedicated support for Furina à la Kujou Sara. Who knows, maybe they'll make a 5-star out of her yet.

Baizhu's inclusion is a disappointment, but unsurprising. Of course they'd put a wholly unappealing weapon like his with Furina's signature sword. Easy skip. Maybe we'll have more luck with her eventual rerun. If I still care by that time.

Pejo

Charlotte is a neat bonus, but I was kinda hoping for the slug girl as a dedicated support for Furina à la Kujou Sara. Who knows, maybe they'll make a 5-star out of her yet.

Baizhu's inclusion is a disappointment, but unsurprising. Of course they'd put a wholly unappealing weapon like his with Furina's signature sword. Easy skip. Maybe we'll have more luck with her eventual rerun. If I still care by that time.
I'm kinda curious why they're not dropping a mega bucks banner, after the last two underperformed quite a bit, even with reruns of some of their best characters (Yelan, Zhongli, etc). If it were me, I'd do Focalors/Raiden Shogun. But yea, that weapon banner sucks now.

Ok, this banner should have Fischl on it I believe. Been waiting for this.
Yea Fischl will help your Eula team out quite a bit. And any Dendro team too.

Pejo

Hey R Reizo Ryuu Dregnel Dregnel

Looks like MHY just dropped info and a trailer on Honkai Impact part 2. They're basically getting rid of the existing characters for all new characters on Mars. Not sure how smart that is because the existing characters are pretty much all that's been keeping me around...

Anyways, they're actually making some huge changes to the game and some of it specifically I have been giving feedback about in the surveys. I'm kinda shocked that they're adding all of the stuff I've been saying.

• Brand new UI and engine to bring it up to modern standards
  • All new combat is going to be 3 axis. Meaning every character will have a jump button and air combos/launchers/slams. So it will finally become Bayonetta/DMC-like in all modes instead of just 1-2.
  • Improving enemy AI so they're not just punching bags that stand there and let you do rotations on them. Bringing back some semblance of challenge in the game if you whale or not.
Anyways, here's the info. I timestamped the trailer section.

I'm kinda curious why they're not dropping a mega bucks banner, after the last two underperformed quite a bit, even with reruns of some of their best characters (Yelan, Zhongli, etc). If it were me, I'd do Focalors/Raiden Shogun. But yea, that weapon banner sucks now.
They must be very confident in Furina. We'll see if it was misplaced soon.

Looks like MHY just dropped info and a trailer on Honkai Impact part 2. They're basically getting rid of the existing characters for all new characters on Mars. Not sure how smart that is because the existing characters are pretty much all that's been keeping me around...

Anyways, they're actually making some huge changes to the game and some of it specifically I have been giving feedback about in the surveys. I'm kinda shocked that they're adding all of the stuff I've been saying.

• All new combat is going to be 3 axis. Meaning every character will have a jump button and air combos/launchers/slams. So it will finally become Bayonetta/DMC-like in all modes instead of just 1-2.
  • Improving enemy AI so they're not just punching bags that stand there and let you do rotations on them. Bringing back some semblance of challenge in the game if you whale or not.

Honestly this all sounds and looks fantastic, Honkai is still their superior game combat wise, and more of that is exactly what I want.
And I like Honkai because it's Honkai, I don't mind ditching the old cast so they can move ahead smoothly developing what is a much better combat experience, I'll miss lambda and carole, but they'll still be playable in legacy mode is presume; also it's easy gacha bait to release new versions of them later down the road.

Nah I'm all for this, let Honkai take back the crown.

Pejo

Genshin really started a huge trend, but I got say that these games that are inspired on Genshin's style currently look way better than it.
I'm more excited that other regions are starting to make games so we don't have to deal with the CCP's random dictation of what is and isn't acceptable in games. Sure, censored designs suck, but even stuff like "no blood, no on screen death, no historical figures, no gross visuals, no apocalyptical decrepit scenery". If Breakers is fun to play, and they aren't afraid to explore some of these themes, they could make something unique and fun. But then again, everybody always chases the CN market because of size, so it probably won't help that much. I'd love to see a KR studio try one of these games.

They must be very confident in Furina. We'll see if it was misplaced soon.
Thing is, they're gonna have to make her constellation dependent if they want to milk money. People have been saving for like 3-4 patches now. I know they make most of their money on constellation/signature weapon baiting, so I guess that's the part that remains to be seen.

Honestly this all sounds and looks fantastic, Honkai is still their superior game combat wise, and more of that is exactly what I want.
And I like Honkai because it's Honkai, I don't mind ditching the old cast so they can move ahead smoothly developing what is a much better combat experience, I'll miss lambda and carole, but they'll still be playable in legacy mode is presume; also it's easy gacha bait to release new versions of them later down the road.

Nah I'm all for this, let Honkai take back the crown.
It's not that I necessarily mind that they're starting with new characters for a major overhaul, but just that the characters they have shown all look like rejected designs from one of their other 20 gachas now, specifically Star Rail. The only one that is memorable to me in the combat trailer is the redhead with the yoyos. Even then, they're all teen to early 20s girls with asymmetrical layered clothes and the patented CN shorts. Boring.

But yea, I'm pumped about the combination ultimates and everyone having 3 axis combat.

I read an interview that they're supposedly going to retroactively add stuff to some(?) of the old valks at least, which is awesome. I'm sure there will be a cutoff. Doubt anyone is gonna play Dimension Breaker in 2024.

but just that the characters they have shown all look like rejected designs from one of their other 20 gachas now, specifically Star Rail.
Yeah they could look better, but they'll probably also trying to attract that star rail crowd; I'm sure there will be more familiar designs down the road.
I read an interview that they're supposedly going to retroactively add stuff to some(?) of the old valks at least, which is awesome. I'm sure there will be a cutoff. Doubt anyone is gonna play Dimension Breaker in 2024.
Yeah, they will probably update the last few gachas, and then a few more popular/unique ones.

Dregnel

it looks fine i guess but they are probably going to make another game mode like apho and abandon it.
I have many gacha games I want to play in 2024 like project mugen, wuthering wavez and zzz, I will try to play it but I don't think I will be hooked on this expansion.

Pejo

Everyone stay calm, the HUGE anniversary rewards timeline has been revealed.

rz6phlallxpb1.png

naked orgasm GIF

*edit*

I was also thinking the other day about these fucking things. Why do they even exist? As far as I know unless there's a frige recipe or potion, you can't even use them for anything and we're like 5 patches off from when they were introduced.

ohDyzOv.png
zFfV5zH.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom