• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

I was also thinking the other day about these fucking things. Why do they even exist? As far as I know unless there's a frige recipe or potion, you can't even use them for anything and we're like 5 patches off from when they were introduced.
Based MHY allowing us to pre-farm the mummy girl for an entire year.

TpOZWKk.jpg

According to the leaks, her E ability throws out a pet that does off-field damage which changes depending on the type of attack (IE normal, charged, burst). Could explain why there's three critters in this splash art.

There's also some rumors about Navia. She's supposed to release in 4.3 and her kit involves sucking up crystallize shards and then firing them from a gun/cannon. Hopefully that means she's not part of the mono geo meta. She might release alongside Itto's rerun though, so anything's possible.

Pejo

TpOZWKk.jpg

According to the leaks, her E ability throws out a pet that does off-field damage which changes depending on the type of attack (IE normal, charged, burst). Could explain why there's three critters in this splash art.

There's also some rumors about Navia. She's supposed to release in 4.3 and her kit involves sucking up crystallize shards and then firing them from a gun/cannon. Hopefully that means she's not part of the mono geo meta. She might release alongside Itto's rerun though, so anything's possible.
So she really is mommy of all Oceanids then? Interesting. Navia's kit sounds awful. So you gotta create but somehow avoid collecting the crystallize shards so you can suck them up and shoot them? Poor Geo....

4.2 map expansion. Looks like only a bit of extra swimming space. Bummer, I want a whole big underwater area.

kdmru4.jpg

*edit*

Free Femininet in 4.2 as well. oh boy.

sytvl3.png

Last edited:

Pejo

Drip marketing for Furina/Charlotte is out, so those leaked banners are looking more legit. Looks like they shrunk Furina's shorts quite a bit, at least in the official art. Trying to get that legs/thigh crowd after 20 male banners in a row, I guess.

deanote666

Everyone stay calm, the HUGE anniversary rewards timeline has been revealed.

rz6phlallxpb1.png

naked orgasm GIF

*edit*

I was also thinking the other day about these fucking things. Why do they even exist? As far as I know unless there's a frige recipe or potion, you can't even use them for anything and we're like 5 patches off from when they were introduced.

ohDyzOv.png
zFfV5zH.png
The flowers are material for Kaveh.

The patch download FINALLY lines up with my phone data reset! 4.3GB download, have about 6GB remaining on my plan, resets Tuesday night. Won't have to rely on my 3mbs internet!

Edit: Dang Samsung pushing a 1.2GB update today ruining my plans!

Last edited:
pj2q7gydjbqb1.png

39b84c9ejbqb1.png
She sounds strong, but perhaps a bit too similar to Fischl/Yae Miko with a somewhat passive play style. I much prefer more active characters that promote on-field use. I think I'll try for C2 for that NA/CA infusion.

Also, here's her sig sword:

xIk9NW4.jpg

Too bad it'll be on the banner alongside Baizhu's piece of actual garbage.

Pejo

She sounds strong, but perhaps a bit too similar to Fischl/Yae Miko with a somewhat passive play style. I much prefer more active characters that promote on-field use. I think I'll try for C2 for that NA/CA infusion.

Also, here's her sig sword:

xIk9NW4.jpg

Too bad it'll be on the banner alongside Baizhu's piece of actual garbage.
I don't mind signatures being best in slot for the characters they're designed for, but I wish they also gave them a bit of general use as well. This one reads like "don't you dare take it off of Furina" which rubs me the wrong way considering what a black hole the weapon banner is. I guess Hydro Traveler could use it too, lmao.

Anyways, Festering Desire for us old heads looks like it will be suitable as a F2P option if you were lucky enough to get it. I'm pretty hype about that because I haven't found a suitable use for it since we got it.

Her C2 does a lot of stuff that frankly I don't fully understand yet just reading it. Seems to be the bait constellation though. I don't mind it if it's a significant power increase over C0. I'll probably wait for youtubers and spreadsheeters to figure out if it's worth it or not.

I saw the notice for the event banner “decree of the deeps” and was wondering, will the same 4* units be on the next banner with Wrothsley (spelled?) I would much rather accidentally get him than Neuvillette.
Edit
I’m just pulling to get a copy of Fischl, but would rather wait for Wroths banner if she’s still around for that.

Last edited:

jonnyXx

I saw the notice for the event banner “decree of the deeps” and was wondering, will the same 4* units be on the next banner with Wrothsley (spelled?) I would much rather accidentally get him than Neuvillette.
Edit
I’m just pulling to get a copy of Fischl, but would rather wait for Wroths banner if she’s still around for that.
No, phase 2 will be different 4 stars.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
So how busted is Furina gonna be?

Still deciding if I go Neuvilette / Wrio, Wrio / Signature Weapon or Wrio / Furina.

Last edited:

Pejo

Still deciding if I go Neuvilette / Wrio, Wrio / Signature Weapon or Wrio / Furina.
Based on the leaks, I guess pretty good? She's just another flavor of off-field Hydro application from what I can gather unless you go for C2. Also fills in for a buffer/healer depending on how you play her I guess. So, good role compression. I guess we'll have to see how her numbers are before you can consider her OP or not, but I think she's got a strong kit. Leakers saying that she "fixes Dehya" were full of shit though.

deanote666

I apparently missed the world quest with the guy whining about paperwork. Looots of text for that quest...

Did anyone actually worry about the light/dark element mechanics in Fontaine, outside of puzzles and achievements? I almost forgot it was a mechanic.

Pejo

I apparently missed the world quest with the guy whining about paperwork. Looots of text for that quest...
Yea that was probably the worst quest of Fontaine so far.
Did anyone actually worry about the light/dark element mechanics in Fontaine, outside of puzzles and achievements? I almost forgot it was a mechanic.
I occasionally get to use it when doing dailies with Lynette since I'm farming friendship with her, if the enemies have the light element. It ended up being kind of a nothingburger, that just makes easy enemies even easier. It's not nearly the annoyance I thought it was going to be when it first got leaked. Furina can do both types of damage too, so once you get her it really won't matter at all.

New code for 60 primogems: 6T8NWE3HD7PD

She's likely going to be a key character in Fontaine's "meta" if that's something you care about.

Her support is especially good for teams consisting of other Fontaine characters since they all hurt/heal themselves, allowing her to stack her burst's buff quickly and easily. Neuvillette will work great with her for example. She will still be potent but less effective in teams that lack Fontaine units.

There's also much ado about Furina's teaser art:
MHY is doing the same thing they did for Lyney and Lynette, where the drip feed art will be altered after release. She will start using the dark blue outfit instead of white, as seen in the splash art. She might cut her long hair, but more importantly will obtain a vision. In the story she will step down from her role as archon and become a normal person who is granted a vision. Anyway, some folks call this false advertising, because they feel she can no longer be called a genuine archon.
Because of all this complaining I was spoiled on the story, so be careful with what you look at.

Yea that was probably the worst quest of Fontaine so far.

I occasionally get to use it when doing dailies with Lynette since I'm farming friendship with her, if the enemies have the light element. It ended up being kind of a nothingburger, that just makes easy enemies even easier. It's not nearly the annoyance I thought it was going to be when it first got leaked. Furina can do both types of damage too, so once you get her it really won't matter at all.

What is all this dark/light element talk?

Pneuma and Ousia. The special mechanic they introduced for Fontaine. They are not true elements but rather special attacks that can disable certain enemies in Fontaine, as long as you use the correct type of attack. Enemies that emit light must be hit with dark and vice versa. Only Fontaine characters possess this ability naturally, and most can only use one type of attack. You can also pick up orbs that grant temporary light or dark attacks.

Pejo

The mecha enemies (maybe some others too) have a purple or yellow glow in their cores or whatever. If you hit them with a move that's infused with the opposite element (Pneuma/Ousia) then it will stun them or disable certain attacks or something like that. Each Fontaine character and Hydro Traveler has an element associated with it besides their regular element. Like Lynette's skill at the end does that phantom sword strike, which is considered Pneuma element. So if you hit a Ousia (yellow) core with the last hit of her skill, it will stun/disable them for 10 seconds or so. Furina will have the ability to switch between Ousia/Pnemua and can hit either weakness because of that.

So far, it can be completely ignored.

Pejo

Apparently in 4.2 they're letting you skip ahead and do weekly bosses for character materials even if you don't have the pre-requisite quests done.....

But you still have to be AR40.

At first when I read it was like "wow that's nice for new players" but then nope, no it isn't.

deanote666

Apparently in 4.2 they're letting you skip ahead and do weekly bosses for character materials even if you don't have the pre-requisite quests done.....

But you still have to be AR40.

At first when I read it was like "wow that's nice for new players" but then nope, no it isn't.
Does it just unlock the domains or does it skip the story quests entirely?

Some major spoilers in those domains.

Last edited:

Pejo

Here's some actual gameplay of that Breakers game I posted a few days ago, during the downtime (timestamped to the combat part):

It looks pretty good. Combat is fluid, and the animations are nice. Looks piss easy but that's the tutorial fight so you can't expect too much from it. They didn't really show much of the world, just the starter town and then you go into an instanced dungeon to fight those monsters.

I completely dropped both Tower of Fantasy and Punishing Gray Raven, each for different reasons. They are not bad games, but time is a thing.
This new game looks interesting though. Still keeping my eyes on ZZZ and Withering Waves.

In Genshin news I read leaks earlier today that Raiden might have a rerun, 4.3?4.4? Not sure. also Navia looks cool I hear she will use claymore, which instantly makes me curious about her kit. I passed on Zhongli since I have Kokomi, so a good Geo unit would be nice.

jonnyXx

Genshin is back up!

Lost 50/50 with Mona. Had to get to soft pity on both 5*.
I was on my PS5 playing Returnal and started Genshin after seeing your message on my phone, then did a 10 pull and got Neuvillette at 7 pity!
I thought damn I wish this was on my main PC account, then when I switched over to PC I realized that WAS my main account I was logged into, not my alt PS5 account. 😁

Nice!
I'm torn on whether to keep pulling for Fischl and Xingqiu cons or save for Furina. I want to get Xingqiu to at least C2.
I know Xingqui would work nicely with my Yelan, but I decided in this game I’m only pulling for characters I like a lot lol. Gotta save since I might go for the blonde claymore girl, and then saving for Raiden rerun of course.

Also, I have so many characters that I’m building up right now, getting a new character is nice but also like… ugh the initial pull is just the start of the journey.

jonnyXx

Also, I have so many characters that I’m building up right now, getting a new character is nice but also like… ugh the initial pull is just the start of the journey.
Yup, It's rough. Was excited to get Neuvillette then remembered I'm down to 5 fragile resin and I'm low on XP books, need to farm ascension materials, need to farm another set of Marechaussee, and need to level prototype amber as it's the best weapon I have for him. So it will be a while before I can even use him.

Pejo

So a friend tells me that this update completely broke mods for Genshin, which have been working for over a year. One of the pioneers of Genshin modding already found the problem is already working on a fix though.

Seth Meyers Please GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

(for my friend)

So a friend tells me that this update completely broke mods for Genshin, which have been working for over a year. One of the pioneers of Genshin modding already found the problem is already working on a fix though.

Seth Meyers Please GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

(for my friend)
Genshin has mods? What kinds? I’m assuming costumes and stuff.

Also isn’t MHY like super harsh on that kind of stuff?

Pejo

Genshin has mods? What kinds? I’m assuming costumes and stuff.
Hmm yea you're probably right, I wouldn't know though.
Also isn’t MHY like super harsh on that kind of stuff?
They certainly could be!

*edit*

So I played around with Neuvi in his trial for quite a while tonight. The entire kit is basically dressing for his charge attack, which admittedly is fun to use. Just out of all of the elements, Hydro is the one that benefits least from a continuous ranged attack. Ideally you'd want something on fire so you get the Vaporize reaction on several hits, but once something is vaporized and wet, it won't catch fire again until the wet status ends, meaning you get 1 hit of Vape and that's it. You could use Xiangling to reverse vape but then the fact that it's ranged is tossed out the window and you have to bring him up close to enemies to make sure the Pryo part hits. It felt really strong to use in the trial, but by now we all know that the trials are set up with perfect conditions. I doubt it would be so useful in the overworld, especially in Fontaine where a handful of the stronger enemies are immune to hydro altogether.

I was almost tempted to pull, but I think I'm gonna stay a man of my word and skip for this one. If a fun team exists on his rerun to take advantage of his "firin muh laser" type gameplay, maybe I'll go for him then.

Last edited:

deanote666

Don't forget the Fontaine characters have innate light/dark elements and can use them underwater ;)

Pejo

Methinks we're on track for a Xinyan appearance on Furina's banner.
Xinyan/Noelle/Kaveh, cut it and print it!

Please don't, MHY.

My most beneficial Furina banner would be Furina/Kirara/Lynette/Charlotte. No way that we'll get a Lynette rerun already though, but maybe Kirara? I think Charlotte was already rumored to be on Furina's banner, which is good.

deanote666

When you sneak past the guards, follow the prompts it gives you because even if you get by the guards without using the search light, it won't let you finish the quest.

Also, the mini map is locked to the surface layer so you need to know the lay of the land.

Last edited:
Here's my link: https://hoyo.link/6SWeFCAL?m_code=GC5XYROZHN&utm_source=game&utm_medium=html&utm_campaign=homeshare

I think you need to click on as many as possible to get the additional rewards, if you care about that stuff.

My card doesn't have combat maxed out either. I wonder what determines that.

My most beneficial Furina banner would be Furina/Kirara/Lynette/Charlotte. No way that we'll get a Lynette rerun already though, but maybe Kirara? I think Charlotte was already rumored to be on Furina's banner, which is good.
Watch 'em put Kirara on the banner after Furina's to not spoil Baizhu's amazing banner revenue contribution.

Last edited:
Top Bottom