• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

jonnyXx

What team are you running with him?
Neuvillette, Fischl, Kazuha, Diona
Using Diona cause she is the only shielder I have that is somewhat leveled. Her shield is pretty weak however.
If only I hadn't lost on Zhongli.

Not liking how Neuvi really needs either shields or C1. Kiting doesn't really work out when you're dealing with homing projectiles or wide area attacks from bosses.

Managed to 36 star Abyss tho...just barely.

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Furina is going to be the most universal character out of what we've seen from Fontaine so far in leaks and released characters, so she's better overall account value. If you need on-field Hydro, Neuvi is fine, but I think he'll be another character like Ayato that nobody remembers after the story quest ends. I rolled him but he doesn't really do anything super fun or cool, and his whole kit revolves around puffing up his charge attack. Wrio is one of the better male designs we've seen recently, in my opinion, but his kit is also very straightforward and doesn't push the envelope. Still, seems like icy Childe with the imbue and quick close ranged attacks, so maybe that's what you're looking for.

I get what you're saying, but to be honest, the thing about Furina so far is that she doesn't give me Archon vibes.

I think that both in Sumeru and now Fontaine Mihoyo has been writting Archons in a not very interesting way. Both Nahida and now Furina lack that raw power feeling that we instantly got from looking at Zhongli and Raiden for example. Nahida and Furina look like two little dumb girls on my watch.

I get it that Furina is gonna end up being OP as hell, like Nahida did, but do I really wanna play her? Not that much.

When it comes to female characters, Clorinde and The Knave look way more interesting to me.

LordCBH

I've made so many EoSF with the recycler and still barely got any usable pieces. Artifact RNG is so shitty.

I’ve decided to only use characters I’ve never used with Furina so I can shake things up. So now I’m trying to get artifacts for kokomi, Ayaka, and diluc cause I’ve never used them. Pray for my sanity please.

As you can see Furina is an off-field healer, the problem is zhongli, a character who has basically killed the healer class in this game, they can't nerf him because that illegal in some countries. what they did is make you lose life in order to give you different attributes or power, they know that it is very difficult to sell healers.

hoyoverse wants to sell archons with special abilities but has no idea how to do it anymore, Furina doesn't feel so special if you compare her to the other archons.

But they brought in the corrosion and bleed effects in now so we still need healers but yeah I agree that they are running out of options. I am assuming/hoping they will introduce alternate upgrade paths so that you can have multiple copies of same characters but with different upgrades/abilities.

Is he ever coming back? (or is already back?)

vqSM2gU.jpeg

Pejo

I think that both in Sumeru and now Fontaine Mihoyo has been writting Archons in a not very interesting way. Both Nahida and now Furina lack that raw power feeling that we instantly got from looking at Zhongli and Raiden for example. Nahida and Furina look like two little dumb girls on my watch.
Well how boring would it be though if every time we met an archon, their only trait was "enters the scene in an awesome/powerful way, looks/talks down to you for the first 2-3 encounters until we help them".

I think making the archons a mixed bunch has been really interesting. I do agree that they have done a pretty piss poor job in general displaying the difference between gods and just regular ass people. I would argue that Raiden Shogun and Venti were the only ones that were handled correctly in that aspect. They not only built them up in lore before/during/after the quests, but also actually showed them both doing some major cool shit (Venti flying your ass around chasing a dragon, Shogun 1-shotting a Harbinger). Zhongli got a ton of lore pumping him up, but not much on-screen showing of his strength, which is unfortunate. Nahida's last archon quest chapter in the fight vs. Scaramouche showed glimpses of her power with the infinite battle loops and the ability to turn into mushrooms, but again, not exactly awe inspiring.

I'm more interested in finding out what exactly a Gnosis does, because they've been very inconsistent about those since the very beginning. If you want another strong, battle-ready archon, all signs point to Murata being that way, so stay tuned until Natlan I guess. Regarding Furina, I'll have to wait and see. I'm still down in the "Aquarium" since I haven't had much time to play the last few days. I'm not sure which direction the story is gonna take with her yet. She has had very little screen presence in the archon quests so far other than as a joke character or the accuser in the trial stuff. I'm hopeful that they'll do something cool with her eventually.

I’ve decided to only use characters I’ve never used with Furina so I can shake things up. So now I’m trying to get artifacts for kokomi, Ayaka, and diluc cause I’ve never used them. Pray for my sanity please.
At least all of their sets can be recycled for. True pain was farming for multiple VV sets before the recycle system existed. I still get PTSD when I see a Maiden's Beloved artifact.
But they brought in the corrosion and bleed effects in now so we still need healers but yeah I agree that they are running out of options. I am assuming/hoping they will introduce alternate upgrade paths so that you can have multiple copies of same characters but with different upgrades/abilities.
I'm still waiting for them to address underperforming characters with level 100 uncap and new passives for everybody. I doubt they'd waste the time/money in going back and reworking kits or adding a second path/set of skills.
Is he ever coming back? (or is already back?)
Fuz needs to make a new account
Sadly I think he'd get found out immediately, even if he used a VPN. He had a very unique posting style. Wish EL would soften the ban length a bit but several posters have requested it, and he firmly said no with no reason given. All over a poorly timed/thought out joke...

I really do miss the screenshots with random Italian insults to MHY superimposed over his User ID. Hope you're doing well out there Fuz!

SSfox

Granted, this is a leaker playing the game, and they are some of the worst people to watch, but still, Wrio looks pretty....boring. It'll be more exciting with some reactions going on but his kit isn't blowing up any theorycrafting.

I did something for fun

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
I did something for fun

Kind of low for a C6 no? 😞

C6 is completely unrealistic for most of us. He gets higher numbers with reactions, no?

My C0 Alhaitham does higher damage than that C6 Wrio 😴

But Wrio's combos are fucking ace. Really like him animation wise.

Last edited:

Pejo

Well this is him solo with no shred, no melts, no freezes. But yea it's a very straightforward kit. Still, I think those numbers are impressive in a vacuum. My point earlier was that it just looks kinda boring. Punch punch punch punch. Burst. Punch punch punch punch. It'd be cool if his elemental skill was a 2nd type of punch, so you could mix and match combos.

SSfox

C6 is completely unrealistic for most of us. He gets higher numbers with reactions, no?

My C0 Alhaitham does higher damage than that C6 Wrio 😴

But Wrio's combos are fucking ace. Really like him animation wise.
I didn't look too deep in his kit I just like his boxing style 🥊

But yeah I guess it's not the most broken C6 , but as Pejo Pejo says it's solo with no reaction, I think Al haitham won't be too impressive either at solo even at C6

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Well this is him solo with no shred, no melts, no freezes. But yea it's a very straightforward kit. Still, I think those numbers are impressive in a vacuum. My point earlier was that it just looks kinda boring. Punch punch punch punch. Burst. Punch punch punch punch. It'd be cool if his elemental skill was a 2nd type of punch, so you could mix and match combos.
His skill should allow you to Shoryuken opponents into the air and combo mid-air. That would be so dope.

Or change stance between hand fighting and leg fighting.

He's also missing a Ora ora ora Attack.

Animated GIF

Pejo

His skill should allow you to Shoryuken opponents into the air and combo mid-air. That would be so dope.

Or change stance between hand fighting and leg fighting.

He's also missing a Ora ora ora Attack.

Animated GIF
Yea this is what I was talking to InterMusketeer InterMusketeer about last page. They have all this room to add unique cool flavor stuff to these characters kits, yet they're still doing the most basic bullshit stuff. Imagine if Wrio's skill was a stance change where tapping Attack/Burst/Skill all did different types of hits, so you could mix and match combos. Then hold ATK (charge attack) for a launcher, hold skill to bounce them with his rocket fist in the air, then hold Burst to actually use his burst and slam the enemy into the ground or something. That would be badass. But no, we got 'punch punch punch punch, burst, punch punch punch punch'.

Totally agree about ora ora ora btw too.

deanote666

Fuz Fuz saw my link so he's still floating around the forum.

Hey, Fuz!

So... There's a certain location in 4.1 that's shared by 2 quest lines and each quest line treats it as the first time you've been to that location... Still trying to figure out how that works... The newest archon quest and Unfinished Comedy both take place in the prison. I did Unfinished Comedy first so maybe that had some effect?

deanote666

Is Newviolet any good? I didn't like him much from the test. His hydro beam is all that is fun but it's tied to the stupid lose hp mechanism.
I'm still working on my C0 but he does decent damage. Got 56% crit rate and 202% crit damage at the moment. If you got good ER, the water laser has a lot of up time. He can self heal so the hp mechanic isn't too big of a deal.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
So why does Neuvillette quest dont have any uptime for you to play as him?

I don't remember them doing this before or did they?

I'm still working on my C0 but he does decent damage. Got 56% crit rate and 202% crit damage at the moment. If you got good ER, the water laser has a lot of up time. He can self heal so the hp mechanic isn't too big of a deal.

Does he self heal? I didn't notice him doing that in test. What makes him heal?

jonnyXx

Ah. I kept using those for quick charging his hydro beam. Will do some more test runs with him to decide.
He heals back up instantly when absorbing the droplets but anyway since he is HP scaling you will build a lot of it on him and even at 50% HP he will have as much or more than other non HP scaling characters. My Neuvillette currently has 47k max HP. He actually doesn't even need a healer.

He heals back up instantly when absorbing the droplets but anyway since he is HP scaling you will build a lot of it on him and even at 50% HP he will have as much or more than other non HP scaling characters. My Neuvillette currently has 47k max HP. He actually doesn't even need a healer.
47k? Post your artifacts please.

jonnyXx

My guess is they went HP/HP/HP artifacts.

I went with HP/Hydro/Crit rate. Got 34,666 HP
HP/Hydro/HP
I'd like a crit circlet but have yet to be blessed with one.
t7chUKb.png

Plume rolled 5 times into flat hp...the rng is maddening sometimes, most of the time actually.
Do flat stats have a higher chance to roll when upgrading? I feel like they do.

Last edited:

deanote666

HP/Hydro/HP
I'd like a crit circlet but have yet to be blessed with one.
t7chUKb.png

Plume rolled 5 times into flat hp...the rng is maddening sometimes, most of the time actually.
Do flat stats have a higher chance to roll when upgrading? I feel like they do.
I feel if you have a 3 stat artifact, most of the rolls hit that 4th stat.

Only the developers know for sure

Last edited:
I had kind of benched Rosaria for a bit since I’ve been building up other characters but now that those characters (Eula, Kokomi, Yelan) are decently built up I’ve been messing with a double hydro double Cryo team by adding Rosaria to the mix. While the damage isn’t as high as some other team combinations, most opponents basically don’t get to move at all lol, they are just constantly frozen. I do have Rosaria at C2, so the extra 4s on her burst is quite nice.

I am however struggling with 1 thing, KQM suggests the blizzard strayer set for her, which gives Crit rate and she’ll have good uptime with it, but I don’t really play her on field at all, wouldn’t it be better to just maximize energy regen, like 200+ so she can just jump in and spam her burst? I feel like that would be way better then trying to get any damage of her, since I can swap to Elua and Rosaria can’t compete with her damage. 🤔

jonnyXx

I am however struggling with 1 thing, KQM suggests the blizzard strayer set for her, which gives Crit rate and she’ll have good uptime with it, but I don’t really play her on field at all, wouldn’t it be better to just maximize energy regen, like 200+ so she can just jump in and spam her burst? I feel like that would be way better then trying to get any damage of her, since I can swap to Elua and Rosaria can’t compete with her damage. 🤔
Personally I would use Emblem set with high ER in that circumstance as freezing enemies will be reliant on her burst since it's the only reliable source of Cryo on the team. And yea you don't really want her competing with Eula for on-field time.

Utamaru1706

Neo Member
Blizzard Strayer is good on her, because you could focus on other stats like CDM or ER instead of CR stat, since the set gives up to +55% Crit Rate stat if you use it full set + Cryo Resonance active, which is pretty bonkers (+40% from Blizzard Strayer full set, +15% from resonance), especially when you use Favonius Lance on her, which makes the weapon's effect is easier to trigger.

But most people were using full set Noblesse Oblige on her, since her burst is kinda spammable with only 60 energy requirement, which makes her a good character for the buffer position, and the +20% burst damage effect is also good to improve her burst damage.

Another alternative artifacts for her is the Emblem of Severed Fate + using something like The Catch or Engulfing Lightning as her weapon, where you can just dump ER stat on her, which in return will noticably buff her burst damage, and you don't need to worry about her energy regeneration problem.

Nice, thanks for the replies guys.

I was looking at EoSF a bit already, and NOblige also seemed liked a good fit. And only 1 person in the party can wear it anyway right? Some good stuff to think about tomorrow at work lol.

Edit
And yes, she is currently using a lvl 80 favonius lance

Last edited:

Pejo

First Furina footage I've seen. Man they went with the absolute most boring version of a pet class character that they could come up with. She looks strong and everything, but it just looks so... bland....

Nankatsu

Gold Member
First Furina footage I've seen. Man they went with the absolute most boring version of a pet class character that they could come up with. She looks strong and everything, but it just looks so... bland....

Yap. Plus these Fontaine characters kits are so convuluted to understand. I've been trying to understand Furina's gimmick, and this is me:

Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

That's a C0 if I ever saw one. The burst animation is fun and quick, but apart from that she's basically a supercharged hydro Fischl. Not bad, but also not terribly exciting. No on-field presence whatsoever. Even C2 doesn't help much. People seem to be complaining about that (no new on-field female characters since Shogun) and I honestly hadn't even considered that. Let's hope future characters are more exciting.

Also, Madame Ping as a playable character is just weird. I can get behind lusting after a bird, but a granny? That's a bridge too far.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
That's a C0 if I ever saw one. The burst animation is fun and quick, but apart from that she's basically a supercharged hydro Fischl. Not bad, but also not terribly exciting. No on-field presence whatsoever. Even C2 doesn't help much. People seem to be complaining about that (no new on-field female characters since Shogun) and I honestly hadn't even considered that. Let's hope future characters are more exciting.

Also, Madame Ping as a playable character is just weird. I can get behind lusting after a bird, but a granny? That's a bridge too far.

I do keep reading that if you have a solid Xingqiu or Yelan, no need to go after Furina. Don't know if that's actual a solid statement or people just banting on her.

As someone who wants to go for Wriothesley, I'm scratching my head about team building for him and if I will need Furina for his team or not.

Read about some melt comps with him, xiangling, Bennet and Kazuha. Not the most exciting team for me gotta be honest, but can perfectly do it. Xiangling is C6, Bennet is C5 and Kazuha is C2.

Also read about some perma frost teams. In this case it would be Wriothesley, and I don't know about the rest. For Cryo resonance element I would probably slot in Rosaria or Diona, since I have both at C6 and I get a Crit Rate buff. Than Yujin would be my joker, since she's C6 and pairs nicely with Wriothesley gameplay style. For the hydro element, either Yelan, Xingqiu or... Furina.

And then there's Neuvillette. Not as flexible as Furina appearantly, but I can give him a dope team with Fishcl, kazuha and Zhongli.

Any tips? I think I've never had so many wishes on Genshin and legit have no idea what to do with them lol.

About madame Ping she's basically sexy granny Bayonetta. It will sell...A lot.

Last edited:

Dregnel

her pets are very slow and the internal cooldown is very bad, you can do more vaporized with hutao+yelan+xinq+zhongli.

Pejo

Yap. Plus these Fontaine characters kits are so convuluted to understand. I've been trying to understand Furina's gimmick, and this is me:

Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Doesn't help they explain everything with a bunch of flowery made up terms.

"Using Elemental Skill activates 'The Waters Within'. Adds 2 Flowbies per Oculum that enhances the effects of 'The Rhythm of the Waves'. After reaching 5 stacks of 'Drip, Drip', the damage of '...And That's How the Water Falls" increases by 1.5%. This effect stacks up to 10 times (Maximum 40%)"

I hate these types of descriptions more than words can describe.

Yea I don't even care about the strength or the usefulness a this point, but EVERYTHING other than the Burst animation was just so anti-climactic and boring. This is an archon, not a 2 bit chump. Shogun got a whole second weapon and animations, Nahida got the camera mode. Furina ain't gettin' shit that sets her apart than 3 little squids or whatever the fuck they are. They don't even have cool animations, they just kinda float around and occasionally attack.
The 'granny mode' is just something she does to keep the normal humans of Liyue from finding out she's an adeptus living among them. We saw her real (playable) form in the Gooba and Dvorak events.
iu
iu

I do keep reading that if you have a solid Xingqiu or Yelan, no need to go after Furina. Don't know if that's actual a solid statement or people just banting on her.
Everyone is constantly down on archons until they are released and we have actual players using them instead of pants-on-head stupid leakers. I'm guessing she will be sufficiently strong.
About madame Ping she's basically sexy granny Bayonetta. It will sell...A lot.
You're confusing Ping for Cloud Retainer. CR is the Sassy Bayo bird (and my #1 most wanted character besides maybe Skirk)
iu

her pets are very slow and the internal cooldown is very bad, you can do more vaporized with hutao+yelan+xinq+zhongli.
I can only hope that the "use a charge attack to change the pet's behavior" is a compelling mechanic, because right now I am thoroughly unimpressed. Part of that is that leakers never know how to play the game.

In other news, this image has been making me laugh all damn morning.

651e43ddbc86a.jpg

iu

Yea I don't even care about the strength or the usefulness a this point, but EVERYTHING other than the Burst animation was just so anti-climactic and boring. This is an archon, not a 2 bit chump. Shogun got a whole second weapon and animations, Nahida got the camera mode. Furina ain't gettin' shit that sets her apart than 3 little squids or whatever the fuck they are. They don't even have cool animations, they just kinda float around and occasionally attack.
Not a great start to the great waifu wave of '23.

The 'granny mode' is just something she does to keep the normal humans of Liyue from finding out she's an adeptus living among them. We saw her real (playable) form in the Gooba and Dvorak events.
Yeah I remember that art, but I just can't see her as anything other than the NPC granny. I know technically all adepti are super old, but she looks, acts and sounds like a granny from the moment we meet her.

If they're gonna make Ping playable, I'd sooner expect her to be a 4-star. She's at that level for me. Cloud Retainer is more interesting for sure.

deanote666

Fuz Fuz saw my link so he's still floating around the forum.

Hey, Fuz!

So... There's a certain location in 4.1 that's shared by 2 quest lines and each quest line treats it as the first time you've been to that location... Still trying to figure out how that works... The newest archon quest and Unfinished Comedy both take place in the prison. I did Unfinished Comedy first so maybe that had some effect?
I sent in a ticket about what gives with the 2 quest lines and they said both "first times" in that area are cannon because they said so because they want to give freedom on which one you do first.

I just find it jarring since you have 2 sets of "firsts".

deanote666

In China, mythology involving riding swords is a thing and that made it into a 2 part story in item descriptions.

Last edited:
Decided to go with NOblige for Rosaria.
15% of her Crit would take too much reworking for not that big of a gain imo, when her real job is just to freeze enemies. The extra 20% attack buff from NOblige is going to be better for me, and also no one else is running it, so it fills a natural vacancy. I’m also not planning on going that hard on artifacts for her, just something passable, and this seems like the most straightforward and resin efficient way.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Is there any Hydro character that has a constant aoe elemental skill, that constantly triggers reactions similar to the way Raiden's elemental skill does?

Last edited:
Is there any Hydro character that has a constant aoe elemental skill, that constantly triggers reactions similar to the way Raiden's elemental skill does?
Not really. I mean, that's what Xinqiu and Yelan's bursts basically do, so I doubt we'll ever get that in a skill. If you want hydro that follows you around on a skill, I guess Barbara and Nilou technically count.

Utamaru1706

Neo Member

Looking at your post, then Candace is prolly the one that you're looking for ATM, where her Burst + C6 can triggers an AoE Hydro attack using normal attacks every 2.3s, or 3-4 times throughout her burst duration, on top of the AoE Hydro attack from swapping characters.

Do beware that Candace's burst gives Hydro infusion for melee characters, but it can still be overridden by other elements with higher priority, and her character is pretty niche compared to other Hydro characters like Xingqiu, Yelan, or Kokomi.

Pejo

iu

(particularly at C4 of course) Only difference between him and shogun is that his works on timers as well as hits and will work against shields, whereas her skill will not.

Top Bottom