• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

deanote666

Don't forget Kokomi's jellyfish's hydro AoE

At 242/243 chests in the new region. The last chest is locked behind a quest.

Edit: 243/243. If you get the 3 machines to produce the information tape before starting the All In Search of Lost Time Quest, you get different dialog.

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Yeah, sounds like the most solid options to pair with Wriothesley in a freeze comp will be Yelan & Xinqiu.

Furina remains to be seen. Been lurking on her fandom sub-reddit and I'm not impressed with the leaks at all.

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Charlotte + Furina gameplay with worthless numbers and likely terrible playing.

*edit*

Furina C2 demo:

Charlotte's animation fit her character nicely, but damn that's a slow ass boring team to play.

Furina's elemental skill is basically like Raiden's elemental skill. Interesting. Kind of what I'm looking for Wriothesley.

Last edited:

Pejo

Charlotte's animation fit her character nicely, but damn that's a slow ass boring team to play.
Yea her animations are fantastic, especially for a 4*, but ehhhhhh.

I'm semi-confident that Furina is gonna be good. I was really hoping she did something new and fun though instead of just more off-field Hydro application. Hydro Fischl isn't exactly what I had in mind when I thought about the Hydro Archon. She does have great role compression since she does off-field Hydro application, off-field damage, buffs party damage (not atk, but multiplies damage dealt by up to 130%~ which is good for non-ATK based damage characters that I'm sure are coming in the future), and heals. It remains to be seen how annoying the various mechanics are going to be to trigger and control, but on paper at least she sounds like she does a lot. Just none of it is very fun or exciting.

Depending on youtubers/spreadsheeters input after she releases, I might go for C1 or C2. If the increase in damage is negligible, I'll probably stick with C0 and get her sword. I'm a bit surprised that her sword main stat is Crit Damage instead of HP%. That's why I'm curious if these pets are going to be better than they currently look.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Welp, I plan to use C6 Xiangling with Wriothesley and since my Engulfing Lightning is Raiden exclusive for me I need to farm the catch. And I gotta a lot of fishing to do.

The Office Reaction GIF

jonnyXx

I actually had fun fishing for Fontaine's sword. It's not too bad in short bursts.
It's a lot faster than fishing for the Catch.
Fishing for the Catch was painful. You have to go fish in Mondstadt, Liyue, and Inazuma whereas for the pipe it's just a few fishing spots in the relatively small Fontaine area.

It's a lot faster than fishing for the Catch.
Fishing for the Catch was painful. You have to go fish in Mondstadt, Liyue, and Inazuma whereas for the pipe it's just a few fishing spots in the relatively small Fontaine area.
Yeah I remember it being a bit of a hassle, but looking back on it it's not as bad as some people make it out to be. I just joined other players' worlds and grinded it out in a week or so. Then you can forget about it forever.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Yeah I remember it being a bit of a hassle, but looking back on it it's not as bad as some people make it out to be. I just joined other players' worlds and grinded it out in a week or so. Then you can forget about it forever.
Yap that's what I'm doing.

However its a shame that the genshin interactive map pinpoints a fishing spot with the fishes I'm looking for, I go there, and what I get there are fishes that I don't need at all.

Sylvester Stallone Facepalm GIF

Pejo

New leaks saying that Ganyu and Xingqiu are getting skins for lantern rite 4.4.

Ganyu is totally getting censored. Gonna be another Ayaka skin-tier shitshow, I'm sure. They need to stop letting women design the alt skins.

It'd be nice if they gave waterboi some pants, but they won't.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
New leaks saying that Ganyu and Xingqiu are getting skins for lantern rite 4.4.

Ganyu is totally getting censored. Gonna be another Ayaka skin-tier shitshow, I'm sure. They need to stop letting women design the alt skins.

It'd be nice if they gave waterboi some pants, but they won't.

So is Xingqiu finally gonna start looking like a male character, is that what you're saying?

Last edited:
So is Xinqqiu finally gonna start looking like a male character, is that what you're saying?
That would go against the trend we've seen in this past year. Xingqiu has many (female) fans. I think it was Hu Tao's Japanese VA who said Xingqiu was her favorite character. They'll give them a skin that audience enjoys. Who knows, maybe they'll one-up Lyney's prostitute outfit.

deanote666

Yap that's what I'm doing.

However its a shame that the genshin interactive map pinpoints a fishing spot with the fishes I'm looking for, I go there, and what I get there are fishes that I don't need at all.

Sylvester Stallone Facepalm GIF
Don't forget different fish come out during the day and night. Always switch between day/night before moving spots. Also that more fish spawn as you catch the existing ones up to a certain point.

Is it possible to access the undweater structure which has all the search lights in Liffery region?

Pejo Pejo I saw you visited my teapot but unfortunately someone already bought the stuff you come to buy.

Pejo

Is it possible to access the undweater structure which has all the search lights in Liffery region?

Pejo Pejo I saw you visited my teapot but unfortunately someone already bought the stuff you come to buy.
That structure is part of the Meropide prison. You'll go there for the archon quest.

And no worries, I was just buying 2 rocks for the weekly BP quest. It's so nice now that you have the teleporters everywhere, lol.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
My initial plan for Wriothesley will be him, Xiangling, Bennet and Kazuha. Going melt. It's my most secure option in order to play from the get-go and they are all farely built.

Then, with Furina getting buff I think I might aim for her and build a perma freeze team with Wriothesley, Furina, Rosaria/Diona (need to build both from the ground) and Kazuha.

Genshin bros, my question is: Rosaria or Diona? Both are C6.

Last edited:

Pejo

Genshin bros, my question is: Rosaria or Diona? Both are C6.
Well depending on how Furina's heals/HP mechanics end up changes the answer to this question. If shields destroy her pet damage and damage buffs, Rosaria. If shields are non-detrimental, then Diona since ideally Furina wants an additional healer on the team. The better answer would be using Sucrose instead of Kazuha since she can equip prototype Amber for incidental healing and can still buff EM/use VV artifacts for shred.

I will also say perma-freeze is near useless in challenging content since bosses and most large enemies cannot be frozen. I speak from experience with my Shenhe hyper-carry team.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Well depending on how Furina's heals/HP mechanics end up changes the answer to this question. If shields destroy her pet damage and damage buffs, Rosaria. If shields are non-detrimental, then Diona since ideally Furina wants an additional healer on the team. The better answer would be using Sucrose instead of Kazuha since she can equip prototype Amber for incidental healing and can still buff EM/use VV artifacts for shred.

I will also say perma-freeze is near useless in challenging content since bosses and most large enemies cannot be frozen. I speak from experience with my Shenhe hyper-carry team.

Kazzy boy is fully built and C2, sucrose is still level 0. I slack too much on building characters then this is what happens 😂

Last edited:

Pejo

Kazzy boy is fully built and C2, sucrose is still level 0. I slack too much on building characters then this is what happens 😂
I mean there's nothing wrong with using whoever you like the most anyways, just use the statue to heal between encounters lol. People just sleep on Sucrose a lot, but she's got a ton of value for all sorts of different uses. Anemo also has native healers like Sayu and Jean, if you want to go more that route. Also also, Charlotte is a cryo healer that can ALSO use the Prototype Amber and she'll be dropping on Furina's banner, so you could build her, keep Kaz, then use Furina and Wrio in that team.

I was planning on using Furina as a pseudo solo healer, but after the beta changes today it sounds like they don't want us doing that. There's still time for further beta updates though, so who knows how she'll turn out.

I was hoping to put Furina on my Nilou bloom team, but I'm not sure her buff is very valuable in that context. An on-field hydro DPS would probably be more useful to me.

I'll probably try Ayaka, Shenhe, Furina & Jean myself. Something like that but with Wrio and Rosaria might be good. From what I understand Wrio is basically an alternative to Ayaka anyway.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
How's your Rosaria and Diona build guys? What sets and weapons are you running on on them?

Last edited:

Pejo

How's your Rosaria and Diona build guys? What sets and weapons are you running on on them?
I run Rosaria as a phys DPS so I'm no good to you there, butI'd imagine as Cryo support you want Favonius spear and 4pc EoSF. Diona needs Sac bow then decide what you want to focus on as far as artifacts. If you want to value her shield, go HP, if you want to use the heals/cryo field to apply cryo, focus on healing% or ER. I have mine with 4pc Noblesse for the ATK buff, but with high rolls into ER.

That structure is part of the Meropide prison. You'll go there for the archon quest.

And no worries, I was just buying 2 rocks for the weekly BP quest. It's so nice now that you have the teleporters everywhere, lol.

This location:

Prdl7BN.jpeg

Does not seem to be connected to prison structure. Or is this the special place Worthlessly takes you during the Archon quest?

LWwgGE2.jpeg

Pejo

This location:

Prdl7BN.jpeg

Does not seem to be connected to prison structure. Or is this the special place Worthlessly takes you during the Archon quest?

LWwgGE2.jpeg
Oh yea it's all part of the Meripode complex, but either it is that part that Wrio took us to or it's just being saved for later (or just some flavor dressing).

Nankatsu

Gold Member
For Future Wriothesley mains: which weapon are you gonna run on him?

I'm torn between going for his weapon or rock him with Windsith R5. Windsith buffs every 30s, which sucks hard imo.

However I keep reading that his C1 is much more interesting for him rather than his main weapon.

Which One Reaction GIF by Audible

Last edited:

Pejo

For Future Wriothesley mains: which weapon are you gonna run on him?

I'm torn between going for his weapon or rock him with Windsith R5. Windsith buffs every 30s, which sucks hard imo.

However I keep reading that his C1 is much more interesting for him rather than his main weapon.

Which One Reaction GIF by Audible
I have so many R5 Widsths, any catalyst DPS I get is getting one for the next year or two. It's not so much that I think it's BiS for Wrio, but it's 'good enough' and requires no additional primos spent. I just dusted off one for Neuvi, in fact.

Pejo

Wrio's featurette is out. I'll be honest, if I didn't like his design and animations, I wouldn't be pulling him. He looks like a sidegrade to Ayaka at best and his kit literally has nothing unique other than the "lol Fontaine gotta lose HP" shit. Feels very much like a 4* kit design with 5* numbers. MHY has been pretty creatively bankrupt lately with character kits. Even Furina is mechanically boring as fuck, and they moved the "fun" constellation from C2 to C6 and put a damage buffing one in C2. I mean woo great for abyss players but for 98% of content where those extra 15% damage buffs aren't gonna matter at fucking all, it's really disappointing.

Anyways, Wrio's stuff:

Yelan and EoSF question

I currently have her at 239.9% ER, according to the set EoSF I can get “25% of ER, up to a 75% bonus.

25% of 239.9 (my Yelans ER) is 59.97 which is under the 75% cap if im understanding this correctly. Looks like you would need to be at 300% ER to get the full bonus.

But I was wondering about replacing her ER sands with HP sands, she would lose 34.2% ER but gain a bunch of HP (not sure what item yet just any 5* with HP% and good substats) leaving her still above the 200% mark, meaning 50% bonus damage from EoSF which is still better then any other set her while letting me give her more HP for base damage and survivability (not that that’s been a problem so far, but it’s a nice bonus)
Or is it better to just go all in and try to hit 300% ER?

Pejo

Yelan and EoSF question

I currently have her at 239.9% ER, according to the set EoSF I can get “25% of ER, up to a 75% bonus.

25% of 239.9 (my Yelans ER) is 59.97 which is under the 75% cap if im understanding this correctly. Looks like you would need to be at 300% ER to get the full bonus.

But I was wondering about replacing her ER sands with HP sands, she would lose 34.2% ER but gain a bunch of HP (not sure what item yet just any 5* with HP% and good substats) leaving her still above the 200% mark, meaning 50% bonus damage from EoSF which is still better then any other set her while letting me give her more HP for base damage and survivability (not that that’s been a problem so far, but it’s a nice bonus)
Or is it better to just go all in and try to hit 300% ER?
Keqingmains do really in-depth build stuff for questions like this. I have never min/maxed a character to that degree, so I'll just post their Yelan page, which probably has the info you're looking for.

Pejo

They're fucking around with Furina's constellations in the beta again. This time nerfing C1 and buffing C2/C6. Seems like they really want to funnel people into going for C2. Fuck them though, ever since they switched the "fun" constellation with her imbue from C2 to C6, I decided to just roll a single copy and move on.

Also apparently Cloud Retainer has had some "about xxx" lines leak, which only playable characters get, so she's all but confirmed! Fuck yea!
CqE8Fu1.jpg

SSfox

BTW guys i have question to those who play on PS5 and were on PS4 before

Will it be better to copy the game from PS4 to PS5. Or should i just Download it from scratch in PS5 PSN?

Nankatsu

Gold Member
BTW guys i have question to those who play on PS5 and were on PS4 before

Will it be better to copy the game from PS4 to PS5. Or should i just Download it from scratch in PS5 PSN?
Fresh install.

If you copy I would assume you would install the PS4 version of the game, which is not frame rate and resolution updated like the PS5 version.

When downloading the game via PS Store you can download either version. Be sure to download the one that it says "PS5 Version".

Last edited:
Recently remembered that I haven't found all those Aranaras and have about 5 chests left. Is there any easy in game way to find where these are other than using online guide or interactive map?

SSfox

Fresh install.

If you copy I would assume you would install the PS4 version of the game, which is not frame rate and resolution updated like the PS5 version.

When downloading the game via PS Store you can download either version. Be sure to download the one that it says "PS5 Version".
Ok i see thanks.

Pejo

Recently remembered that I haven't found all those Aranaras and have about 5 chests left. Is there any easy in game way to find where these are other than using online guide or interactive map?
Back when I finished this, I used the official genshin interactive map. It took me a few hours to cross off the ones that I knew I got, and then I had to travel around to the ones I was unsure about and check them all. This map lets you click them to "cross them off", so you can do it over multiple sessions if you want, since it ties to your actual genshin account.

I also had a guide up in another tab to reference some of the ones that were inconclusive or hard to tell from the interactive map sample picture. Short answer is that there's no super easy and intuitive way to do it, though. I wish the official interactive map would automatically cross off any chest/puzzles you already completed since it's already tied in, but I guess they don't want to make it that easy on us.

Here's the secondary guide I used along with the map:

*edit*

Whoops, I linked the wrong map. I fixed the link, now it's the official one. I recommend using that one simply because it will keep track of items you check off even if your browser history gets wiped or you access it from a different device.

Last edited:
Back when I finished this, I used the official genshin interactive map. It took me a few hours to cross off the ones that I knew I got, and then I had to travel around to the ones I was unsure about and check them all. This map lets you click them to "cross them off", so you can do it over multiple sessions if you want, since it ties to your actual genshin account.

I also had a guide up in another tab to reference some of the ones that were inconclusive or hard to tell from the interactive map sample picture. Short answer is that there's no super easy and intuitive way to do it, though. I wish the official interactive map would automatically cross off any chest/puzzles you already completed since it's already tied in, but I guess they don't want to make it that easy on us.

Here's the secondary guide I used along with the map:

Man I hate using external guides/maps for these in game stuff. Why can't they give a gadget or items like they do for treasure and culus.

Pejo

Man I hate using external guides/maps for these in game stuff. Why can't they give a gadget or items like they do for treasure and culus.
You and me both. I can count on one hand how many times I've resorted to this kind of thing. To me it feels like you're playing a checklist instead of a game if you have these open while you're exploring and checking out new regions. Unfortunately for the aranara stuff, there simply isn't a better way. I agree that a compass or something in the game could and should have been used. Even if you can't make it until you already found 75% of them or something.

Top Bottom