• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Pejo

Larry David Reaction GIF
I mean it's not exactly new or novel, but maybe she'll get a cool traversal mechanic like flying? Also Anemo will always be useful if even just for swirl + VV set. This iteration will fit right in with my Shenhe/Chongus/Yelan team. Right now I'm using Jean for the same role.

I mean it's not exactly new or novel, but maybe she'll get a cool traversal mechanic like flying? Also Anemo will always be useful if even just for swirl + VV set. This iteration will fit right in with my Shenhe/Chongus/Yelan team. Right now I'm using Jean for the same role.
It's mostly a kneejerk reaction form me. Support, healer, probably part of Fontaine's HP loss meta, no on-field presence, catalyst... The most similar character we have now is Jean, and she kinda sucks. I dunno, seeing all that lined up, she just doesn't sound very exciting to me. Does this fit with the leaks we got months ago? I don't remember.

Pejo

It's mostly a kneejerk reaction form me. Support, healer, probably part of Fontaine's HP loss meta, no on-field presence, catalyst... The most similar character we have now is Jean, and she kinda sucks. I dunno, seeing all that lined up, she just doesn't sound very exciting to me. Does this fit with the leaks we got months ago? I don't remember.
The old leaks said something about turning into her bird form, so we'll see I guess. I'm just happy that she's verified to be a playable character at this point. miHoYo has plenty of opportunity to disappoint me as more details flow out in the following months. For now I'm just happy, for once.

Genshin from PS4 to PS5 is wow, such game changer
Yea and PS5 has some exclusive fog effects and lighting effects too that they don't even give the PC version. Not to mention the load times. I really enjoyed my time playing on PS5, but then my PS5 shat the bed and I haven't felt like getting it fixed.
The 4.3 overheal Artefacts and I guess
I think this leak means she will get her own artifact set in 4.4 when she releases, but you could be right about the 4.3 set.
I'm trying to get the reference. Was this something to do with that cooking event we had with her and the mechanical cooking pot? It's been so long...

*edit*

More info on CR's kit:

Anemo support healer, catalyst, [she] can work with Xiao, but probably counts more as a general support, [she] has off-field utility, [her] healing is on Q, [she's] a Kuki Plus*, heals while dealing damage, low healing amounts, [her] Q has a pretty large range and can Swirl, [she] has high ER requirements, [her] Q doesn't generate particles, [her] E is extremely useful in the overworld and she can fly

Her %dmg increase is in her artifacts, her BiS solves her ER problems, [she] gains stacks when allies' HP fluctuates, and [she] consumes stacks to reduce defense when attacking enemies

It's too early rn, this is all I know atm

translated from here

*The "Plus" suffix usually is made to emphasise the comparability of two character's kits to each other. Examples: Kokomi sometimes referred to as Barbara Plus.

Last edited:
Oh great, the very first thing they bring up is Xiao. An ancient character from three years ago. That's promising! Not like he got a dedicated support in the last year or anything! And the heal is on her Q with a large ER requirement? Oh yeah baby sounds absolutely riveting. Put me in team skeptical.

Pejo

Oh great, the very first thing they bring up is Xiao. An ancient character from three years ago. That's promising! Not like he got a dedicated support in the last year or anything! And the heal is on her Q with a large ER requirement? Oh yeah baby sounds absolutely riveting. Put me in team skeptical.
Well the Xiao thing is just cope. Has been since he was introduced. I've heard at LEAST 3 times already that a new character was supposed to be dedicated Xiao support. Just let them plunge their toilets and cry about it. Healing being on Q (burst) isn't ideal, especially with high ER requirements. It's like they beefed up Energy cost of bursts for Inazuma's mechanics and then forgot that not EVERY fucking character needs to be 80+. I miss 40 energy bursts but I just don't see us getting those back ever again, because MHY is too worried about balancing piss easy content instead of letting players have fun. The bird transformation makes me hopeful, as well as the DEF reduction. There are still only 3 total characters that can reduce DEF - Lisa Burst, Razor skill, Klee Constellations.

Anyways, who knows how accurate these leaks are, and things can change dramatically between now and release, but again I'm just happy that we're basically confirmed that she's playable now.

Oh also, Chiyori, the Fontaine/Inazuma Geo girl is supposedly back to being a 5* now. She was one of the few "Fontaine" characters that I liked the original leak design of:
Tiori-1.jpg

Well the Xiao thing is just cope. Has been since he was introduced. I've heard at LEAST 3 times already that a new character was supposed to be dedicated Xiao support. Just let them plunge their toilets and cry about it. Healing being on Q (burst) isn't ideal, especially with high ER requirements. It's like they beefed up Energy cost of bursts for Inazuma's mechanics and then forgot that not EVERY fucking character needs to be 80+. I miss 40 energy bursts but I just don't see us getting those back ever again, because MHY is too worried about balancing piss easy content instead of letting players have fun. The bird transformation makes me hopeful, as well as the DEF reduction. There are still only 3 total characters that can reduce DEF - Lisa Burst, Razor skill, Klee Constellations.

Anyways, who knows how accurate these leaks are, and things can change dramatically between now and release, but again I'm just happy that we're basically confirmed that she's playable now.
They just give the characters a bunch of shiny stats from their ascensions and weapons etc. and then expect you to get a lot of ER from artifacts I think. Just an easy way to lure people in and balance things out. I have no doubt she'll be useful. I just worry that she won't be that fun to play. I don't care much for the Bayonetta-esque design either, so that doesn't leave me with much else to be happy about. Those are just my initial reactions.

Oh also, Chiyori, the Fontaine/Inazuma Geo girl is supposedly back to being a 5* now. She was one of the few "Fontaine" characters that I liked the original leak design of
Chiyori's 5-star status is good news. I really like her design. Didn't know she was Geo though. Between her and Navia, at least one of 'em has got to be decent right?

Pejo

I don't care much for the Bayonetta-esque design either, so that doesn't leave me with much else to be happy about.
lSSIWA4.jpg

Personal tastes aside, she's at least got a striking unique look that isn't just a bunch of scarves and curtains. In my opinion, its' the best design since Dehya, and she was revealed like over 2 years ago. That's how long of a drought it's been for me.
5IJgq4R.jpg

Chiyori's 5-star status is good news. I really like her design. Didn't know she was Geo though. Between her and Navia, at least one of 'em has got to be decent right?
Yea, the Geo thing for her was confirmed like a week ago, I just didn't feel like it was big enough news to post about. We also got semi-confirmation on Navia's kit in that one of the new artifact sets look custom tailored to that Geo crystallize bullet shit you posted about a while ago. Like you said, I just hope it's fun. Why do I get the feeling it's just gonna be a Geo version of Neuvi's laser where you succ up crystallize shards instead of his water orbs? Creativity must be lacking in the character kit design team over there.

Personal tastes aside, she's at least got a striking unique look that isn't just a bunch of scarves and curtains. In my opinion, its' the best design since Dehya, and she was revealed like over 2 years ago. That's how long of a drought it's been for me.
She mostly just looks like Shenhe to me, but with black hair and those stupid glasses. She doesn't use glasses in bird-form, so why would she need them as a human? Preposterous. That art is pretty nice though. Who knows, maybe she'll grow on me. Will probably pull for her regardless.

Yea, the Geo thing for her was confirmed like a week ago, I just didn't feel like it was big enough news to post about. We also got semi-confirmation on Navia's kit in that one of the new artifact sets look custom tailored to that Geo crystallize bullet shit you posted about a while ago. Like you said, I just hope it's fun. Why do I get the feeling it's just gonna be a Geo version of Neuvi's laser where you succ up crystallize shards instead of his water orbs? Creativity must be lacking in the character kit design team over there.
Yeah that rumor sounded pretty fun to me, even if it ends up like Neuvi. Is that new artifact domain going to contain the sets for Navia and Cloud Retainer?

Reactions: BJK

SSfox

The old leaks said something about turning into her bird form, so we'll see I guess. I'm just happy that she's verified to be a playable character at this point. miHoYo has plenty of opportunity to disappoint me as more details flow out in the following months. For now I'm just happy, for once.

Yea and PS5 has some exclusive fog effects and lighting effects too that they don't even give the PC version. Not to mention the load times. I really enjoyed my time playing on PS5, but then my PS5 shat the bed and I haven't felt like getting it fixed.

I think this leak means she will get her own artifact set in 4.4 when she releases, but you could be right about the 4.3 set.

I'm trying to get the reference. Was this something to do with that cooking event we had with her and the mechanical cooking pot? It's been so long...

*edit*

More info on CR's kit:
Oh shit what happened? I'm sorry to hear that, it's very rare I hear someone have issue with PS5.

That Chicory girl looks nice, hope she'll bring interesting stuff for Geo meta.

Pejo

Oh shit what happened? I'm sorry to hear that, it's very rare I hear someone have issue with PS5.
After like 30 seconds to 5 mins of playtime in any game, it sends my tv into an infinite reboot cycle that I can't stop. It's the strangest fucking thing I've ever seen. Even if I completely unplug the TV from the wall and disconnect the PS5, it still continually reboots. The only "fix" is to leave my TV unplugged for like 10 min for everything to fully drain, then it comes up normal. I tried swapping HDMI cables, using different ports, and even hooked my PS5 up to another TV, and it still does it. It's ben a paperweight in my entertainment center for the past year.
That Chicory girl looks nice, hope she'll bring interesting stuff for Geo meta.
Yea that'd be nice. Her or Navia, Geo just needs SOMETHING.

W or not W?

They consider her the "worst" 5* character on the standard banner, but they also base their entire tier list off of a single tryhard mode (like Genshin's abyss). I main her on my Star Rail account and she's super useful for farming, so up to you to decide.

Pejo

Damn I'm super surprised by Star Rail. Love the more futuristic and adult approach. OST's and ultimates are a banger.

Damn it, Miyoho.
It's all flashbang with virtually no depth. Great presentation and overall quality but the story gets muddled as hell after the first planet. Plus despite each area only being a few simplified corridors with a few interactable NPCs, it takes them 3x as long to make new content as the Genshin team. It definitely has a lot of 'curb appeal' but once you're playing for a while, it starts to show its problems.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Used the login welcome bonus tickets on starter banner for a dupe constellation. Right...

So C1 Asta and also got a Serval.

Tried out all the 5-stars, the dude that looks like Aizen from bleach is my favourite :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

deanote666

For something as expensive as a PS5, if you still actually want to use it, there's no reason to not get it fixed unless there's financial issues.

Had to get my PS3 fixed after Final Fantasy XIII fried the blu-ray drive. Sent it in to Sony. Think it was $100-200 to get it fixed. I have the Cadillac of PS3's though. Gen 2. Fully backwards compatible and has all the memory card slots/USB ports.

After a quick google search, try turning off any kind of "game/HDR mode" on the TV.

Last edited:

Pejo

After a quick google search, try turning off any kind of "game/HDR mode" on the TV.
If the solution is playing without my deep blacks and with a ton of input lag, i'll just stick to PC. It's not like PS5 has many exclusives I need to worry about anyways. I already beat Demon's Souls before the problem started, so meh. I appreciate you looking into it for me though.

Wriothesley trailer. Looks like they covered up his boring ass kit by just not showing it in a single shot for more than 1 second.

jonnyXx

This blessing makes the Abyss super easy with Lyney and Neuvillette. That elemental bonus on charge attacks put together with buffs from the cards is huge.

First time that I clear Abyss on first try with no resets. Crazy how much they tailor Abyss to the new characters.

I kinda want the consecrated beasts Abyss to come back. That was my first attempt to 9 star floor 12 and could not even finish, it was painful but I really wanna see if I can do it now.

Not even using his signature weapon.

pwmktsH.jpg

Last edited:

deanote666

There's one for the commission where you get to pick a new fonta flavor. You need to do all 3 options so keep track.

deanote666

This blessing makes the Abyss super easy with Lyney and Neuvillette. That elemental bonus on charge attacks put together with buffs from the cards is huge.

First time that I clear Abyss on first try with no resets. Crazy how much they tailor Abyss to the new characters.

I kinda want the consecrated beasts Abyss to come back. That was my first attempt to 9 star floor 12 and could not even finish, it was painful but I really wanna see if I can do it now.

Not even using his signature weapon.

pwmktsH.jpg
What buffs are you using or are they abyss exclusive buffs? I haven't seen a number higher than 21k from his laser.

jonnyXx

Me trying to accept my Neuvillette C0...
He's still great at C0 but feels a bit limited, or at least he did on my account with no fully built shielder. With C1 he's more comfortable to play and opens up more team options.
It's why I went for C1 over his signature.

Dang... The poetry event has looooooooooooooots of talking.......
I stopped paying attention to most Genshin quests a long time ago. Made a macro to skip dialogue.
Only quests I don't skip dialogue on are archon quests and those related to the main abyss order story. But even the archon quests can be a slog sometimes.
Hated 4.2 archon quest except for the end. It was mostly just running back and forth in Meropide listening to Paimon yap away with npc.

Pejo

New weekly boss theme. Way different than what we've gotten up until this point in Genshin. Seems more hectic and ambient than the usual weekly boss stuff. I still like Apep and Scaramouche themes the most.

Looks like some fans made a video and MHY bought it as an ad or something?
TBF that's really well animated, easily professional levels of animation, and it ends with it all being a dream, so honestly a pretty cool way of interacting with their community.

Pejo

TBF that's really well animated, easily professional levels of animation, and it ends with it all being a dream, so honestly a pretty cool way of interacting with their community.
Reminds me of that Dehya/Yelan video that the RWBY animator did for a previous hoyofest. But you're right, it's almost too good to be just amateurs.

*edit*

Damn, he did a new one with Raiden Shogun and Albedo of all characters.

Part 1

Part 2

Honestly I would watch that Genshin Cyberpunk story if it was its own movie. That was pretty incredible.

Last edited:

deanote666

For those that actually read the event dialog, was there anything important to note in there somewhere or was it mostly filler for NPC's we'll never see again?

Top Bottom